Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 03:23:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Fortus speaks about Axl from Splat.com (taken from mygnr.com)
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fortus speaks about Axl from Splat.com (taken from mygnr.com)  (Read 4432 times)
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2005, 09:56:37 AM »

Who knows here, on this forum, how Axl is in private? People like to speak about things they don't know. Maybe Axl is nicer than you think. Why do some people always see him as a "bad" guy?
Anyway, what is important is the music. Let's focus on it.

What music???!!!! hihi (you beat me to it madagas Tongue )

Axl is a complete asshole to people that he doesn't like or have fucked him around and a nice guy to people that are nice to him (or do what they are told to do rofl ) I mean it's pretty obvious. from his on stage rants and comments on past members and current members that that is the case. It no secret. Most people are the same way. At least i know i am. ok

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2005, 10:19:10 AM »

Well said Nesquick.

lately I haven't seen Axl bad mouthing anyone, let alone going on venom laced diatribes.

On the other hand, those who haven't seen him for ages/in their lives are speaking bad things about him.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2005, 10:21:26 AM »

Who knows here, on this forum, how Axl is in private? People like to speak about things they don't know. Maybe Axl is nicer than you think. Why do some people always see him as a "bad" guy?
Anyway, what is important is the music. Let's focus on it.
ive been saying this for quite some time. If you read everything about Axl post like old gnr he seems like he has changed. Is he an asshole who still explodes. Yes. But in terms of his overall personality it seems he has changed in many ways since the world had seen him back in the 90's. I would bet he has done a lot more good over the past 8 years than you think. All the interviews and anecdotes seem to have a common theme

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2005, 10:38:27 AM »

Axl just grew-up. He is older now. he changed. I also have the impression he is very intelligent.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
madagas
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2005, 10:41:36 AM »

Youngun, Axl may have changed but he still said a lot of petty things in the 2001-2002 shows-especially at Rio. For the most part, he did seem happier and more content with his life in general.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2005, 12:28:20 PM »

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=54571&pid=958892&st=0&#entry958892

Richard Fortus has spoken to s/plat dude, Leddy, about the perception and the reality of working with Guns N'Roses vocalist, Axl Rose. (posted today Nov. 7)

Fortus said, "I didn't have that much of a perception of Axl before. He seemed like he had quite a temper but I could always see that he was the real deal. I've never worked with anyone like Axl. To stand next to him onstage is more intense than anything I've ever known. I've been fortunate to work with some amazingly talented people in my life, but Axl has something much more intense than just talent. He also has more integrity than just about anyone i've ever known. I feel very fortunate to have the opportunity to work with him. "

beer

Seems pretty consistent with what both Tommy and Robin have said about their tenure alongside Axl/GnR. Im sure Axl still does have a vicious temper, its just that its reserved for necessary circumstances..or former bandmates hihi If we can feel Axl's intensity and integrity from a live show, I really cant understand the rush Richard must get, he probably thanks his lucky stars everyday he's found an accomplished singer to latch his wagon to. Ive never really percieved Axl as an asshole before, its just inarguable he can be extremely hard to work with at times when he is the ringleader, and if he has his heart sat on something, it will be realized no matter what.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2005, 01:14:27 PM »

lately I haven't seen Axl bad mouthing anyone, let alone going on venom laced diatribes.

2002 tour, RIR/BH press release..

Not exactly the same type of guy Richard portrays him as..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2005, 01:31:47 PM »

yeah well if Axl was as bad as some of you say he is, I'm sure the current members wouldn't still be around.  And about those few rants in Rio, is Axl just supposed to keep his mouth shut?  He doesn't do many interviews and such so somehow, maybe he feels like people should here his side every once in a while. 

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2005, 01:44:23 PM »

What damnthehaters said.

As to the RIR announcement, I'd look at the whole matter from another angle.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2005, 01:46:39 PM »

yeah well if Axl was as bad as some of you say he is, I'm sure the current members wouldn't still be around.? And about those few rants in Rio, is Axl just supposed to keep his mouth shut?? He doesn't do many interviews and such so somehow, maybe he feels like people should here his side every once in a while.?

If he wants people to hear ?"his side every once in a while", that's great. ?

It just that when he voices "his side", he just comes off so bitter, pointing the finger in others directions without looking in the mirror.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
rainX
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2005, 01:52:01 PM »

to whomever spoke of integrity, didn't Slash play with the Insane Clown Posse?
Evolution
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2005, 03:18:34 PM »

I guess he may think keeping his head down and busy may please the fans? But clearly it's the opposite  Tongue
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2005, 04:45:36 PM »

yeah well if Axl was as bad as some of you say he is, I'm sure the current members wouldn't still be around.? And about those few rants in Rio, is Axl just supposed to keep his mouth shut?? He doesn't do many interviews and such so somehow, maybe he feels like people should here his side every once in a while.?

If he wants people to hear ?"his side every once in a while", that's great. ?

It just that when he voices "his side", he just comes off so bitter, pointing the finger in others directions without looking in the mirror.

And slash and duff dont do that? Steven is the worse culprit of it. Izzy is the only one out of the orginal 5 who comes off looking good.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2005, 04:46:23 PM »

Here's a video of Fortus speacking about amplitude http://www.ikstore.com/News/Uploads/PressReleases/0410_504.mov
He seems really cool. It's the first time I "hear" his voice.

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2005, 04:48:41 PM »

Here's a video of Fortus speacking about amplitude http://www.ikstore.com/News/Uploads/PressReleases/0410_504.mov

Whhoha! How old is this? Could be a start for band promotion  Grin

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2005, 05:07:49 PM »

[quote author=dave-gnfnr2k link=topic=23588.msg414524#msg414524

And slash and duff dont do that? Steven is the worse culprit of it. Izzy is the only one out of the orginal 5 who comes off looking good.

There all guiltyand have their moments for sure, but Axl just comes off so bitter.  Not just to Slash/Duff, the whole RIR/BH press release just seemed to have an ugly, blame placing tone. 

Don't you think? 

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2005, 05:12:38 PM »

Whhoha! How old is this? Could be a start for band promotion? Grin
It's very recent, a couple of days or weeks I suppose. He's got his new tatoos on his harm (Chinese tatoos). So it's really recent.

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2005, 05:17:08 PM »

There all guiltyand have their moments for sure, but Axl just comes off so bitter.? Not just to Slash/Duff, the whole RIR/BH press release just seemed to have an ugly, blame placing tone.?

Don't you think??

I think Axl was more hurt BH left than bitter.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2005, 05:22:22 PM »

There all guiltyand have their moments for sure, but Axl just comes off so bitter.? Not just to Slash/Duff, the whole RIR/BH press release just seemed to have an ugly, blame placing tone.?

Don't you think??

I think Axl was more hurt BH left than bitter.

This is where we begin splitting hairs. Axl no doubt was hurt that after investing 3 years into creating music along side BH he would choose to turn his back on the band, also hurt that the band could no longer perform at Rio hihi He was also no doubt bitter that when push came to shove, BH would not longer play under strictly Axl's thumb, and also no doubt bitter that his departure would force Axl back to the drawing board for a good 2 years thus far...

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2005, 05:24:02 PM »

Please stop with this Buckethead discussion. Who cares? He is not in the band anymore and hoppefully never will be again.
This topic is about Richard Fortus, thanks.

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: