Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 03:12:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Fortus speaks about Axl from Splat.com (taken from mygnr.com)
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fortus speaks about Axl from Splat.com (taken from mygnr.com)  (Read 4427 times)
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« on: November 07, 2005, 07:57:50 PM »

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=54571&pid=958892&st=0&#entry958892

Richard Fortus has spoken to s/plat dude, Leddy, about the perception and the reality of working with Guns N'Roses vocalist, Axl Rose. (posted today Nov. 7)

Fortus said, "I didn't have that much of a perception of Axl before. He seemed like he had quite a temper but I could always see that he was the real deal. I've never worked with anyone like Axl. To stand next to him onstage is more intense than anything I've ever known. I've been fortunate to work with some amazingly talented people in my life, but Axl has something much more intense than just talent. He also has more integrity than just about anyone i've ever known. I feel very fortunate to have the opportunity to work with him. "

beer
SLCPUNK
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2005, 08:03:37 PM »

Wow, pretty heavy.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2005, 10:23:52 PM »

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=54571&pid=958892&st=0&#entry958892

Richard Fortus has spoken to s/plat dude, Leddy, about the perception and the reality of working with Guns N'Roses vocalist, Axl Rose. (posted today Nov. 7)

Fortus said, "I didn't have that much of a perception of Axl before. He seemed like he had quite a temper but I could always see that he was the real deal. I've never worked with anyone like Axl. To stand next to him onstage is more intense than anything I've ever known. I've been fortunate to work with some amazingly talented people in my life, but Axl has something much more intense than just talent. He also has more integrity than just about anyone i've ever known. I feel very fortunate to have the opportunity to work with him. "

beer

I guess the word  integrity is loosely defined. What some integrity toward  the fan base?
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2005, 11:05:12 PM »

Nice to hear from Fortus, that just goes to show, Axl has much more respect for himself than you think, he's not the selfish guy  Carlos GMS talks about. Integrity my man, get some, quit trash talkin Axl! 

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2005, 12:23:18 AM »

what does that fuckin' tell ya's ok

Yet Axl is such an arsehole Roll Eyes hihi

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2005, 02:08:24 AM »

beer

I guess the word? integrity is loosely defined. What some integrity toward? the fan base?

To make his fans the best album he can make  ok

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
gnrfan1797
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2005, 03:29:22 AM »

Yet Axl is such an arsehole Roll Eyes hihi

How do you know he's an ass? you know him personally or you like to read what others say?
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2005, 03:48:49 AM »

Ive been told the same face to face with richard, hes the real deal(richard Im talkin about). He has not a damn reason in the world to lie . But like the song goes, .........your gonna find out for your self.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Warren
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2005, 08:53:18 AM »

A guy like Fortus talking about integrity is kinda funny, I think. Smiley
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2005, 08:57:36 AM »

Why is that? Did he left said something bad about Axl or the band? I don't think so.

Warren
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2005, 09:03:43 AM »

Why is that? Did he left said something bad about Axl or the band? I don't think so.
No, he didn't say anything wrong about Axl or "the band", but, you know... it's funny. Frankly.

If you know the guy, and the "artists" he's been playing with in the past few years, it's really funny ! Smiley
madagas
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2005, 09:04:49 AM »

Pepe, what is funny is how Matt Sorum was saying the same thing back in 1996! Go look at that interview. ok
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2005, 09:17:36 AM »

Generally speaking, it tells me Axl's seems to be a good guy to people who agree with him and a not so good guy to people that don't.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2005, 09:21:31 AM »

No, he didn't say anything wrong about Axl or "the band", but, you know... it's funny. Frankly.

If you know the guy, and the "artists" he's been playing with in the past few years, it's really funny ! Smiley

Oh yeah because playing with guys like Richard Buttler and Ozzy Osbourne really makes you loose integrity  Roll Eyes
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2005, 09:25:10 AM »

Don't think so, really. The fact that he played with those "artists" (like you said)  just made him look like a professional player, not some punk wannabe.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2005, 09:29:06 AM »

Generally speaking, it tells me Axl's seems to be a good guy to people who agree with him and a not so good guy to people that don't.

Generally speaking, people are like that. people seldom speak well of someone who disagrees with them.
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2005, 09:43:36 AM »

Don't read to deep into it,"it is what it is" Richard Fortus works with Axl, and he likes it. He feels confident with Axl, Axl treats his band mates with respect and respects himself. 

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2005, 09:48:56 AM »

Who knows here, on this forum, how Axl is in private? People like to speak about things they don't know. Maybe Axl is nicer than you think. Why do some people always see him as a "bad" guy?
Anyway, what is important is the music. Let's focus on it.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2005, 09:50:52 AM »

Generally speaking, people are like that. people seldom speak well of someone who disagrees with them.

Agreed, although most don't go on venom laced diatribes about those who don't share the same opinion.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
madagas
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2005, 09:55:14 AM »

That is the temper part! Grin Axl is clearly a mixed bag. You have to take the good with the bad. I would say focus on the music....but there is nothing to focus on! ok
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: