Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 05:28:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Former Guns N' Roses guitarist tells all (Traci Guns A few Axl GnR Mentions)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Former Guns N' Roses guitarist tells all (Traci Guns A few Axl GnR Mentions)  (Read 4638 times)
anythinggoes
« on: November 07, 2005, 05:48:09 AM »

http://www.arbiteronline.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2005/11/07/436ed8264f2a9

Former Guns N' Roses guitarist tells all

By Greg Wallace
Culture Writer
November 07, 2005

photo Courtesy brides of destruction
In 1985, L.A. Guns guitarist Tracii Guns formed a band with his former singer, Hollywood Rose frontman Axl Rose. They would put the two band names together, and Guns N? Roses was born. So Tracii put the guns in Guns N? Roses, but his road to stardom would be with a revamped L.A. Guns. In 1988, L.A. Guns? self-titled, major-label debut album went gold; this came hot on the heels of Guns N? Roses? 1987 release, ?Appetite for Destruction.?

After 18 years, 16 albums, and a half a dozen different lead singers, Tracii Guns left L.A. Guns in 2003 to start the band Brides of Destruction with bass player Nikki Sixx of Motley Crue. With a new compact disc, ?Runaway Brides,? just released, and the single ?White Trash? hitting the airwaves, the Brides of Destruction will be tearing up the stage at the Blues Bouquet, 1010 W. Main St., this Tuesday, Nov. 8. So if you like your rock n? roll old school, down and dirty, get off your ass, and get yourself downtown to check out this show. The following is a Q&A with Nikki Sixx.

Q: The new Brides of Destruction CD is great, I think it has a more old school rock n? roll feel than the first CD. What are your thoughts on this?

A: I think it is what we do best; Aerosmith and Iron Maiden is what I listen to; yeah it?s what we do best.

-----------------------------------------

Q: The pictures from the new video ?White Trash? look really interesting. How long ?til we see a finished product?

A: In the next week or so. After filming, we added some stock footage to try and build some real Americana trailer park chic.

Q: The press release says Nikki Sixx left the Brides of Destruction to reform Motley Crue. I have heard of other tensions within the band that may have caused this.

A: Absolutely not; there was no tension. The only thing we disagreed with was the first single from the new Motley Crue CD, ?If I Die Tomorrow,? being written by the band Simple Plan. Nikki is our brother, and we did not want to see him go out like that.

Q: Sixx has three song-writing credits on the new CD. How much was he involved in making this CD?

A: These songs were from the end of the writing session for the first CD. He was not involved in the actual making of this CD.

Q: Is Sixx really completely sober now?

A: Yes, he is completely dedicated; he is going on five years now. Nikki is one of the most driven people I know, when he is dedicated to something.

Q: Four songs on the new CD contain writing credits to Ginger. Is this Ginger from the band Wildhearts?

A: Yes, he was in the band for about a month, and we used the songs he wrote with us. He is incredible, and we hope the best for him.

Q: How did you and Sixx come to the decision that you wanted to put a band together?

A: I called him; I told him, ?You are my first choice for bass players.? We wrote songs and corresponded through e-mail. After an L.A. Guns tour we went into the studio with London as our singer. Nikki is like a big brother to me.

Q: What is your craziest memory of being on the road with the Brides of Destruction?

A: Being on a ferry at five in the morning, after being passed out on the floor, and lighting a cabin door on fire. We were pulling off some scary pranks, and Nikki Sixx was ?the? prankster.

I remember Scott was going through a divorce, and we were in London in a four-star hotel. He threw everything in his room out the hotel window, literally into Scotland Yard. The police came and the hotel manager got him off by explaining girl trouble to the police. That is going to be my excuse next time I get in trouble.

Q: What happened with the Guns N? Roses Revisited World Tour 2005 of Singapore/Thailand you were supposed to do last summer with former Guns N? Roses drummer Steven Adler?

A: It was originally booked as a tour with ex-Guns guitarist Gilby Clarke. I agreed to do it because they called and offered me a basket of money, but it ended up being cancelled.     
photo Courtesy brides of destruction

Q: Did Axl Rose?s lawyers have anything to say about this matter?

A: I heard they did, because of the use of the Guns N? Roses logo.

Q: I have heard about another tour being billed as the original L.A. Guns. You will be doing in January of next year with Paul Black singing.

A: Don?t know the status of that right now. I am not sure if the rest of the band ? Mick Cripps, Kelley Nichols, Nikki Alexander ?? wants to do it.

Q: In a sense, will there be two L.A. Guns, with singer Phil Lewis? band still touring and recording with the name?

A: It will only be for seven shows. I think the fans will know the difference.

Q: Was Axl Rose the original lead singer of L.A. Guns?

A: No, Mike Jargos was; after he went to jail, Axl joined. Mike was a friend of mine from high school; it was Mike who sang on the L.A. Guns? first EP. Axl went home to Indiana for a while. It was when he came back that we formed the first Guns N? Roses.

Q: Have you talked to Axl Rose lately?

A: No, I communicate anything I want to say to Axl through Del James*. I write to Del if I need to contact him.

Q: So Axl really has completely shut himself off from the world?

A: He?s a fucking nut.

Q: Have you ever thought of rejoining Guns N? Roses?

A: Absolutely; when Nikki had to do the Crue thing, I called Del and told him I [had] a year-and-a-half off, but they were not done with the record yet; the timing was not right.

Q: What is the craziest thing you ever saw Axl do?

A: Our friend Michelle was getting ecstasy long before it became a popular drug. Axl is bipolar and he was doing it; it made him mean. The guy I was living with for the past two years was now crazy.

Q: The first time I saw L.A. Guns was on their first tour at the Channel Caf? in Boston around 1988.

A: So many people have asked me about that gig. It was 120 degrees in the club, and snowing outside, it may be the best show L.A. Guns ever played; I have a videotape of it....

It was here that our cell phones disconnected for the second time. I was on my last question, and decided to call it a day. I called back to thank Guns for his time; his road manager told me he would relay the message.

*Del James is a musician and a writer; he has been close friends with Axl Rose since 1985. His short story ?Without You? inspired the Guns N? Roses songs ?November Rain? and ?Estranged,? and the video trilogy for them that included ?Don?t Cry.?

I dont think Axl would let him Rejoin the band considering he called him a fucking nut

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2005, 06:30:57 AM »

As much as I hate to admit it, I'd love to see Tracii in GNR instead of Buckethead...

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2005, 06:48:34 AM »

so del is still one of axl`s buddies ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2005, 08:16:19 AM »

As much as I hate to admit it, I'd love to see Tracii in GNR instead of Buckethead...

I hate to say it, but I'd hate it if I saw it.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2005, 09:25:38 AM »

Well, if you prefer Buckethead instead of Tracii, I guess you're not that much into the old GNR...

Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2005, 09:37:53 AM »

Well, if you prefer Buckethead instead of Tracii, I guess you're not that much into the old GNR...

Tracii's two months in GN'R wasn't that important for the band, I think. There is another guy who could help out and solve the lead guitarist problem...

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2005, 09:42:57 AM »

I agree with you Mikkamakka, I'm shure we'll find out hopefully soon.

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2005, 11:26:41 AM »

If he keeps flapping his gums,he will never get an invite from Axl.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2005, 11:37:41 AM »

Don't worry he never will

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2005, 11:39:24 AM »

Tracii's two months in GN'R wasn't that important for the band, I think. There is another guy who could help out and solve the lead guitarist problem...

I don't consider Tracii a member of GN'R cause he spent 2 months with the band. But he did put the Guns in GN'R.

What I meant is that he fits the style of the band more than a guy with a KFC bucket who plays like Satriani, Malmsteen or Vai...

madagas
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2005, 11:43:52 AM »

Bucket is nothing like Satriani, et al and he fits Axl's current style perfectly. I will grant you that he doesn't fit in with the style of the old band. But, last time I checked, they don't exist. Grin
anythinggoes
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2005, 12:24:49 PM »

[quote link=topic=23574.msg413908#msg413908 date=1131360489]

Q: Have you talked to Axl Rose lately?

A: No, I communicate anything I want to say to Axl through Del James. I write to Del if I need to contact him.

?

i wonder what things he needs to contact Axl about, i bet he's asking when the album is gonna come out itd be interesting to know what sort of communication Del and Axl have nowadays
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2005, 12:48:52 PM »

Jeeze... has anyone ever gotten more milage out of two months with a band that became huge AFTER he left!!?! Roll Eyes

Enough already. I'm so sick of these leaches trying to trump up their GN'R associations... releasing albums with "destruction" in the title... I wonder what that could be referring too... going on tours with "Guns N' Roses" in the title. Guns should have more respect. At least Adler was in the AFD line-up, but he should pipe it down too. Jesus. People give a rats a$$ about GN'R because of Axl, Slash, Izzy and Duff for christ's sake. Not these beggers and hangers on.

Just Go away.

PS

I'm sure Guns writes Axl through Del. That certainly doesn't mean that Del bothers to deliver the letters to Axl. I think it's safe to assume that's a "one way" relationship. Angry
« Last Edit: November 07, 2005, 12:51:32 PM by MaoAxl » Logged

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
jnn
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2005, 12:57:41 PM »

Jeeze... has anyone ever gotten more milage out of two months with a band that became huge AFTER he left!!?! Roll Eyes

Enough already. I'm so sick of these leaches trying to trump up their GN'R associations... releasing albums with "destruction" in the title... I wonder what that could be referring too... going on tours with "Guns N' Roses" in the title. Guns should have more respect. At least Adler was in the AFD line-up, but he should pipe it down too. Jesus. People give a rats a$$ about GN'R because of Axl, Slash, Izzy and Duff for christ's sake. Not these beggers and hangers on.

Just Go away.

PS

I'm sure Guns writes Axl through Del. That certainly doesn't mean that Del bothers to deliver the letters to Axl. I think it's safe to assume that's a "one way" relationship. Angry
To be fair, he may have only actually been in Guns N Roses for 2 months, but he and Axl did live together for 2 years and they wrote a ton of songs together.  It's not like he goes into these interviews asking to be asked about GNR, it's just what people want to hear about.
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2005, 02:01:29 PM »

I dont know almost anything about Traci Guns, but you gave the Guns to the Roses so... It was something great.
Lazinko
Opening Act

See you in Stockholm!

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2005, 02:43:03 PM »

Nice reading, thanks  Smiley
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2005, 09:34:30 PM »

People would rather have Traci to Buckethead? What a joke. Traci would fit the bands image if they were back in '85. Its '05 now. And im not saying Buckethead is good for image either, but at least hes crazy talented.

-jack

gnrevolution.com
RichardNixon
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2005, 08:31:55 AM »

Tracii wants to rejoin GN'R? That's funny. That'd be like Pete Best wanting to hook up with Paul McCartney and call it the Beatles. Tracii has made some great albums over the years, but he's not really a good songwriter--(his solo album and new BOD suck).
IronMaiden415
Headliner

getting bizzy with izzy

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2005, 10:03:46 AM »

awesome! Tracci is the man. i love L.a. Guns and Brides of Derstruction. it would be awesome seeing the man who put the Guns in Guns N' Roses with Axl. Unfortunatly i dont think it would work out.  no

Dec 17 - Tran Siberian Orchestra - fuckin amazing!
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2005, 10:45:52 AM »

Tracii wants to rejoin GN'R? That's funny. That'd be like Pete Best wanting to hook up with Paul McCartney and call it the Beatles. Tracii has made some great albums over the years, but he's not really a good songwriter--(his solo album and new BOD suck).

Don't forget that 'Paul McCartney' calls his new band The Beatles without John, George and Ringo. And without George Martin.

BTW I don't think that they band needs 3 guitarists (considering their activity in the last 3 years, they don't need any), although a Finck/T.Guns change would be good, not to mention that guy with the top-hat.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: