Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 01:26:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  C.D. message and influence...
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: C.D. message and influence...  (Read 12769 times)
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2005, 02:50:17 PM »

I think it's obvious the album will end world hunger and cure many life threatening diseases.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2005, 03:22:29 PM »

I think it's obvious the album will end world hunger and cure many life threatening diseases.

Objection! I'm afraid it's obvious the album will threaten us with disasters and end the world.

Wasn't it supposed to shatter the earth?
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2005, 03:28:38 PM »

Wow I didnt really know how deep were Axl's thoughts... Thanks for the info. 

By the way.. Izzy Stradlin rocks!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2005, 03:33:14 PM by Carlos GMS » Logged
gnrfan1797
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2005, 04:07:10 PM »

wow some of you people are weird. Basically axl writes for his being only we as fan's just have the benefit of listening to what he does. how can we bitch on what he writes about? I don't think to complain about anything. Remember the album doesn't have to come out. He dosen't technically owe anyone but himself the satisfaction of putting it out.
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2005, 04:15:39 PM »

You know guys, I think Axl is selfish, that is right, but in any moment I complaint about his lyrics, I only said I hope they have a message....
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2005, 04:58:19 PM »

from what I've heard of the downloads off the net from the 2002, I couldn't really make out any meaning in the songs, granted I've only heard them about 3 times (madagascar, The Blues, and CD) Riyad and Silkworms are really unlistenable to IMO.  I hope it's true and those songs aren't under serious consideration for the album or I may be very dissappointed
justynius
Rocker

« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2005, 07:39:57 PM »

from what I've heard of the downloads off the net from the 2002, I couldn't really make out any meaning in the songs
Well, if you can't make out any meaning to the songs, that obviously proves no meaning exists in them at all, right?

Here's some ideas to think about that might put you on track......

-Why choose the title "Chinese Democracy?" Why specifically China? How is democracy relevant to China? How might that political situation be a relevant comparison/metaphor for things relating closer to our world?

-On a figurative level, who is the speaker talking to in "The Blues?" Who cannot be saved by all the love and innocence in the world, and tricks people by confusing lies with truth?

-What about the island of Madagascar relates to the situation of the song? What mental/spiritual state is described by trying to find your way back to shore? Why are the ways that the speaker used to be lured in said to be 'mired' in denial and fear? How might denial and fear be a symbolic chain?

The new songs are some of the most lyrically meaningful pieces GN'R has released.
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2005, 08:08:02 PM »

-Why choose the title "Chinese Democracy?" Why specifically China? How is democracy relevant to China? How might that political situation be a relevant comparison/metaphor for things relating closer to our world?

Man he might have been inspired by this book Andrew J. Nathan's Chinese Democy, or maybe just like He said in an interview from 2000, He likes those words.

-On a figurative level, who is the speaker talking to in "The Blues?" Who cannot be saved by all the love and innocence in the world, and tricks people by confusing lies with truth?

Is there a big difference between who is talking to in this song (The Blues) or who He is talking to in "Back off bitch". I wonder what is the mistery behind being DOWN IN THE GUTTER DYIN' IN THE DITCH, and saying a bitch to back off...

The new songs are some of the most lyrically meaningful pieces GN'R has released.

Man, that is up to you... For me the best lyrics GNR wrote, are in the released albums, some are just to party, like Back off bitch, You could be mine and others, some are funny like You aint the first, some are deep like NR,  Locomotive and some others, I think everybody has their opinion about this.

Bad_Apple
Rocker

Oh my distorted smile

« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2005, 09:59:33 PM »

You know guys, I think Axl is selfish, that is right, but in any moment I complaint about his lyrics, I only said I hope they have a message....

why is he selfish?  bc he doesn't SHARE his current work?!  give me a break...
We are so lucky that we had a glimpse into his mind/thoughts from previous albums.  He doesn't owe us anything...we don't OWN him!  He is not our property!  It makes me wonder if you ppl even understand the word selfish...
Live and Let live.... peace

"in a world he did not create, he will go through it as if it were his own making; half man, half beast, I don't know what it is, but its weird and its pissed off and it calls itself Slash"
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2005, 11:10:06 PM »

why is he selfish?? bc he doesn't SHARE his current work?!? give me a break...

Nop, its about something else, read the main topic please...? peace

We are so lucky that we had a glimpse into his mind/thoughts from previous albums.? He doesn't owe us anything...we don't OWN him!?

Yep, I guess We were lucky? Roll Eyes, but I also think he does owe us, because He promised the Album, I wouldnt even be here if He hadnt promised Chinese Democracy some years ago...

He is not our property!? It makes me wonder if you ppl even understand the word selfish...

Well you know it's kinda hard but I'm trying? ok

Live and Let live.... peace

I liked that? smoking

Ps: Today is a special day... November 7th,  Izzy Stradlin left the Band 14 years ago....  Its been 14 years of pain...   I guess... Its a snafu..... take care dudes..
« Last Edit: November 07, 2005, 11:15:55 PM by Carlos GMS » Logged
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2005, 10:55:00 AM »

Nop, its about something else, read the main topic please...  peace

And I've answerd that.  read my reply please.

but I also think he does owe us, because He promised the Album, I wouldnt even be here if He hadnt promised Chinese Democracy some years ago...

That doesn't mean he owes you. No one asks you to wait. You come here for pleasure. hihi
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2005, 12:34:31 PM »

Ppebe, how are you doing?

There is something I dont understand.. Bad apple and you, are the same person?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2005, 01:09:14 PM »

Huh That's not all. Oyez! Everyone in this board is the selfsame person except ya!

But it's nothing to do with the thread. Angry

DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2005, 01:42:43 PM »

specifically China because it's a HUGE marketplace.   Grin

http://www.gluckman.com/Americanization.html

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2005, 02:37:55 PM »

Huh That's not all. Oyez! Everyone in this board is the selfsame person except ya!

But it's nothing to do with the thread. Angry

Sorry Ppebbe,  I got confused  Smiley. On the other hand I read what you wrote about Axl and his help to kids in Halloween, and yes the man is a mistery, who knows what he has done, maybe he has helped a lot or just nothing. By the way... he owes me the album  Tongue...  (just kidding)  Wink
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2005, 10:09:07 AM »

from what I've heard of the downloads off the net from the 2002, I couldn't really make out any meaning in the songs
Well, if you can't make out any meaning to the songs, that obviously proves no meaning exists in them at all, right?

Here's some ideas to think about that might put you on track......

-What about the island of Madagascar relates to the situation of the song? What mental/spiritual state is described by trying to find your way back to shore? Why are the ways that the speaker used to be lured in said to be 'mired' in denial and fear? How might denial and fear be a symbolic chain?

Well, obviously you've put a hell of a lot more thought into than I have.  Of course, since I have semi-decent quality downloads off the net w/out the accompanying lyrics, it's difficult to really analyze what the fuck he's talking about.  The GnR I remember use to write about incidents about their lives, and were very personal.  Personally, the Island of Madagascar or the situation in China doesn't do it for me.  If you want hear meaningful lyrics, listen to about the last 2 1/2 minutes of Coma.  Meaningfrul, straightforward, emotional,and you don't need a advanced degree in world history or philospgy to get the gist.
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2005, 08:51:08 PM »

I think CD will have some Innuendo and some Made in heaven influence, albums by Queen, i think Axl in all these years has to be thinking more about himself, his inner side, if he is selfish at the end who cares?, cause eveyone is at certain point of view.
So if anyone with so much to bring, in this case the new album, have planed for a long time in doing something eveyrone expect I think he wants to bring the best.
I think Axl wants to give us the best music he can offer us.
 peace

No man can be my equal
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2005, 12:54:31 PM »

As fans we may take the words of a song a certain way but that doesn't mean that it was the intended message.  Especially so in this case, how can sane people decipher some message from a nutball like Asshole Rose?  The album should be entitled "Music for the Paranoid Delusional Schizos."
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2005, 01:02:56 PM »

honestly man that was funny, are you steven adler ?  smoking
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2005, 02:44:58 PM »

I would trade the message and influence for a real kick ass rock album

I dont think thats gonna happen though w/ CD
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »