Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 01:27:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  C.D. message and influence...
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: C.D. message and influence...  (Read 12771 times)
Carlos_f_Rose
« on: November 06, 2005, 04:43:07 PM »

Hi Guys how are you doing?

? ? ? ? ? I think a problem some people have, is believing that Chinese Democracy has a meaning beyond music, its a mistake for all those who worship Axl to believe that he is gonna bring some kind of change to this world just for releasing an album. I mean it's only music and nothing more, and object for our amusement, maybe its gonna bring peace to some people's souls, and they are gonna be able to die happy, but its definitely not going to change the face of the earth, dont missunderstand me I respect Axl but the guy is selfish I havent known or read anything about him, helping poor people, protecting animals or donating money besides a gossip I heard on Tv about him, giving money for Dolphins, maybe he has done it, remember the guy is a mistery. ?I also hope chinese democracy has a message to give, cause If its only music with some lyrics that only Axl and those who believe or pretend that can relate to him understand, it will be a waste of his huge influence, he could give a better message and try to influence the world in a good way, Im not saying he should talk about politics, if he doesnt feel it cool, but there are more important things to talk about than only the way he feels and his relationships. Perhaps the album is ?gonna be really different for everything we have heard or seen , perhaps No.... but only time will give its place...

@;:---,.--.-,------- t.p.r.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2005, 06:04:08 PM by Carlos GMS » Logged
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2005, 04:52:12 PM »

I'd tend to agree, but I'm not aware of anyone or have heard anything post here on the boards to indicate anyone is expecting or hoping for anything more than a really damn good rock album.

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2005, 05:17:51 PM »

i believe it will make some change, influence alot of muso's n' shit......

im just lookin' foward to a fuckin' awsome album, the tracks i've heard from boots are enough for me ta know this album will give drill anything out there now......ANYTHIN!!!!

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2005, 05:22:01 PM »

but the guy is selfish I havent known or read anything about him, helping poor people, protecting animals or donating money besides a gossip I heard on Tv about him, giving money for Dolphins. Maybe he has done it, remember the guy is a mistery.

I'm not well informed about the matter but I read that he used to help some kind of childcare organization.
And I here he invites kids from underprivileged homes or such on halloweens. Maybe he does lots more good deeds and just doesn't want to publicize them?
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2005, 05:23:28 PM »

? ? ? ? ? I think a problem some people have, is believing that Chinese Democracy has a meaning beyond music

you're the first one to bring it up.
we all know axl's dumb and didnt even graduate from middle school Smiley

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2005, 05:38:11 PM »

we all know axl's dumb and didnt even graduate from middle school

Angry Objection!
The latter statement is rather dumb. being a dropout from high school doesn't mean being a dumb.
I'm struk dumb by the dumb Diplomaism.
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2005, 05:53:11 PM »

einstein wasn't a good student too, and he did pretty well for himself, most of the graduate people i know aren't that inteligent so...  go figur

Chinese Democracy!
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2005, 05:58:33 PM »

How are you doing...

Guys with all respect, this thread isn't about how smart or how stupid Axl Rose is, or how far he went at school, no it's not about that, please only share your opinions and thoughts about what I posted. Dont make a mockery out of this thread its serious.
Bad_Apple
Rocker

Oh my distorted smile

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2005, 06:05:43 PM »

first of all, Axl doesn't owe anyone anything in terms of content...he can relase whatever he damn well pleases....in any format....he is an artisit, and the music is for himself (unfortuately he is a perfectionist, and has great expectations on himself).

(aside: "madagas." has a political message, not that it matters....) ?Oh, and imo, I prefer his personal songs--more intamate/revealing/expressive....

and regarding him not giving to charity...he is not obligated to give to charity. ?he is not obligated to even speak out/for causes (re: Bono--is he a musician, or an activist...both I figure, but when I like music, I like it for the music....and not necessarily for the message....it's entertainment). ?But just to let you know, he has g'n $$ to children of abuse...it's just that he doesn't make these contributions a big public event. ?And remember, he participated in the Freddie Mercury AIDS awareness concert. ?

Lastly, regarding the "dumb" comment....I always thought Ax was the exception,...that SMART ppl don't always go to university and study...Axl was self-tought. ?He read a lot, and has an exceptional creative mind. ?When he went off to L.A. from Indiana, his parents offered to pay for his tuition, for university. But he declined...and took the unconventional pathway to knowledge.

"in a world he did not create, he will go through it as if it were his own making; half man, half beast, I don't know what it is, but its weird and its pissed off and it calls itself Slash"
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2005, 09:41:05 PM »

It definitely wont change the world. I'm sure that isn't Axl's intentions anyway. People who think that are from a different planet. I think its gonna be a much more personal and mature album than people think. Going by some of the lyrics it definitely comes from the heart. There isn't likely to be a political message. If there's a theme, its likely to be love gone wrong, the complexities of fame, and a man unwilling or unable to deal with either of those things.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2005, 10:07:56 PM »

It definitely wont change the world. I'm sure that isn't Axl's intentions anyway. People who think that are from a different planet. I think its gonna be a much more personal and mature album than people think. Going by some of the lyrics it definitely comes from the heart. There isn't likely to be a political message. If there's a theme, its likely to be love gone wrong, the complexities of fame, and a man unwilling or unable to deal with either of those things.
[/color]
JamesLofton29 is correct.  Axl's lyrics deal more with universal emotions:  love, hate, attachment, detachment, heartbreak, violence, peace, etc.

Now, my answer to the original post.  Does anyone really want Axl doing what Bono or Bon Jovi do?  I'm not saying what those other guys do is bad...it's just not Axl.  I have alot of respect for folks who don't publicize their own good deeds.  Honestly, I don't know alot of folks on this board who really think CD is going to change the world.  I have read alot of posts I agree with, that say it's going to be one hell of a good album.   ok  I get chills just thinking about buying this album.    drool   

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2005, 12:01:37 AM »

Ya and it makes me crazy reading some of the shit people think up, and then have the nerve posting it. Oh well, at least its not a message or someone trying to influnce others into hating Axl. Roll Eyes How the fuck do you know what Axl writes off, what, ya working for the IRS. It fans like you who take the fun out of being an artist. You SUCK!  And to say Axl's dumb, You just stuck your (Richard) in your mouth. As far as what Axl writes about......LIFE....LIKE IT OR FUCK OFF  Grin   

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2005, 12:09:57 AM »

Luigi, dont you think you are going too far dude?  I have never been into talking about someone If I dont know him, but maybe you need some anger management classes... Take care and have fun dude...  Carlos
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2005, 12:12:08 AM »

Bottom line CD wont have any message or influence because at this rate it doesnt seem like itll ever get released

Kurupt Girl
Banned
Headliner

Shut The Fuck Up

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2005, 12:30:15 AM »

? ? ? ? ? I think a problem some people have, is believing that Chinese Democracy has a meaning beyond music, its a mistake for all those who worship Axl to believe that he is gonna bring some kind of change to this world just for releasing an album. I mean it's only music and nothing more, and object for our amusement, maybe its gonna bring peace to some people's souls, and they are gonna be able to die happy, but its definitely not going to change the face of the earth, dont missunderstand me I respect Axl but the guy is selfish I havent known or read anything about him, helping poor people, protecting animals or donating money besides a gossip I heard on Tv about him, giving money for Dolphins, maybe he has done it, remember the guy is a mistery. ?I also hope chinese democracy has a message to give, cause If its only music with some lyrics that only Axl and those who believe or pretend that can relate to him understand, it will be a waste of his huge influence, he could give a better message and try to influence the world in a good way, Im not saying he should talk about politics, if he doesnt feel it cool, but there are more important things to talk about than only the way he feels and his relationships. Perhaps the album is ?gonna be really different for everything we have heard or seen , perhaps No.... but only time will give its place...

great post, i fully support it and although i feel that there is no need to demand CD to have messages or to save the world, i don't think axl is a selfish person or that he even has that big of an ego anymore, but also although CD will definately change the face of current rock, there is no need to expect it to change the world. peace Cool

Every day of my life I take a glimpse in the mirror, and I see motherfuckers tryn'a be like me
justynius
Rocker

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2005, 05:03:38 AM »

I think a problem some people have, is believing that Chinese Democracy has a meaning beyond music, its a mistake for all those who worship Axl to believe that he is gonna bring some kind of change to this world just for releasing an album. I mean it's only music and nothing more, and object for our amusement, maybe its gonna bring peace to some people's souls, and they are gonna be able to die happy, but its definitely not going to change the face of the earth

I'm going to have to disagree with you on this. Music accomplishes a lot more than just individual amusement. When/if Chinese Democracy is released and Axl returns to the public eye, rock music and its corresponding mentalities will return to the forefront and overtake the commercial pop world our country is living today. In today's society, everyone only does what's safe and, subsequently, artificial. You'll be surprised what happens to a culture when you change its model from Justin Timberlake to Axl Rose. Chinese Democracy is perhaps the last chance for rock to reclaim the music throne for a very long time. I don't know about you, but I'd much rather live in a culture dominated by GN'R than the one we're experiencing now.
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2005, 09:06:49 AM »

Carlos GMS, Grade wise you get an A,  for contradicting yourself, but to anticipate great things out of something thats not here yet, and cast down upon,  I'm disappointed. No big deal, thats just you I guess. Grin   

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
gnrfan1797
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2005, 09:57:05 AM »

?I also hope chinese democracy has a message to give, cause If its only music with some lyrics that only Axl and those who believe or pretend that can relate to him understand, it will be a waste of his huge influence, he could give a better message and try to influence the world in a good way, Im not saying he should talk about politics, if he doesnt feel it cool, but there are more important things to talk about than only the way he feels and his relationships. Perhaps the album is ?gonna be really different for everything we have heard or seen , perhaps No.... but only time will give its place...

[/quote

yeah i'm sure he's just gonna change how he write's like that. All of his writings are in regard to his personal life. Now that he has been away for so long some of us are interested in what went on, becasue it turns into great music.
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2005, 01:51:42 PM »

I'm going to have to disagree with you on this. Music accomplishes a lot more than just individual amusement.

Well Justynius Timberlake... (hehe just kidding) you might be right, that is why I think the message that CD has to give should be important. There is a lot of people who admire Axl and specially the new generation, looking at him as a model to follow, acting like him. That is great, but if you only do the snake dance, and talk about what happened 10 years ago in your life as the centre of the Universe, well his influence will be lost. Im just saying that Axl could send some different message...

When/if Chinese Democracy is released and Axl returns to the public eye, rock music and its corresponding mentalities will return to the forefront and overtake the commercial pop world our country is living today.
In today's society, everyone only does what's safe and, subsequently, artificial. You'll be surprised what happens to a culture when you change its model from Justin Timberlake to Axl Rose.

Well Justynius I would like to see that too, Axl instead of Justin, but that is rarely going to happen. You know everything is about looks, attitudes, and youth  in the mainstream, Axl is no longer a handsome man and his attitude has changed, even worse he is not going to release a commercial album.

Chinese Democracy is perhaps the last chance for rock to reclaim the music throne for a very long time.

Man the stones are rocking stadiums, I think they are the biggest band in the world nowadays, and even like that they dont appear as much on TV as we wish. The only chance that Guns n Roses reclaims a throne is by a reunion.

AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2005, 02:02:17 PM »

? ? ? ? ? I think a problem some people have, is believing that Chinese Democracy has a meaning beyond music

you're the first one to bring it up.
we all know axl's dumb and didnt even graduate from middle school Smiley

but so tell me who're you then? at least Axl got rich n' famous forever while the world will never know your face, can ya show some respect for Axl the next time please? he's a hero n' not ya!  rofl
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: