Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:35:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Is there a possibility of Burnout on CD material for next tour?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is there a possibility of Burnout on CD material for next tour?  (Read 4144 times)
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2005, 09:00:31 PM »

Guns N' Roses are putting out a new album!?  hihi

There will be no next tour.. but I hope im TOTALLY wrong. All the band members talk about touring.. and i sincerly doubt they or Axl would be burned out on the material.... now Axl's VOICE being burned out... that could be a different story entirely.

gnrevolution.com
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2005, 01:37:22 PM »

err...

"seeing as how the band never heard songs with finished vocals for years "

that would seem to imply the contrary woundnt it?
It wouldn't.
To my understandings no one can hear it unless it's finished.
Saul is an intelligent guy.
Seeing as how a few band members told about the final mix they heard a year ago, surely he couldn't mean Otherwise. yes
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2005, 02:23:07 PM »

err...

that would seem to imply the contrary woundnt it?
It wouldn't.
To my understandings no one can hear it unless it's finished.
Saul is an intelligent guy.
Seeing as how a few band members told about the final mix they heard a year ago, surely he couldn't mean Otherwise. yes

Im not implying that Saul isnt an intelligent guy. Huh

Im merely stating that saying the "band" never heard songs with vocals, implies GNR minus Axl.? Perhaps Saul should clarify this.
Im sure most would agree with me there ppbebe, assuming Axl has infact sung these songs, he would have heard the vocals and the music right? several times.

That is of course assuming we both think that Axl has in fact recorded any vocals over the last 7-8 years. yes

Anyways, it's splitting hairs really - I was more pointing to the fact that the thread was more about Axl and less about the "band" , as I agree with several posters on this thread - the band has probably not heard final mixes nor  anything of CD for a long time now so it will be fresh for them to play these songs.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2005, 02:25:00 PM by jimmythegent » Logged

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2005, 04:12:07 PM »

Im merely stating that saying the "band" never heard songs with vocals, implies GNR minus Axl.  Perhaps Saul should clarify this.
Im sure most would agree with me there ppbebe, assuming Axl has infact sung these songs, he would have heard the vocals and the music right? several times.

That is of course assuming we both think that Axl has in fact recorded any vocals over the last 7-8 years. yes

Anyways, it's splitting hairs really - I was more pointing to the fact that the thread was more about Axl and less about the "band" , as I agree with several posters on this thread - the band has probably not heard final mixes nor  anything of CD for a long time now so it will be fresh for them to play these songs.

Huh you mean you can have a cake and eat it?
Sorry, I'm yet to be convinced that he hears the finished work while he's working on it.   

You never read any interview of the band members?

For instance, the pretzels interview on October 10th, 2004 headbanger  By none other than jarmo.

Tommy: I heard stuff before I left the States, some of the final mixes, or close to final mixes of a bunch of the stuff we've been working on for the record. They sounded epic to me, they sounded fantastic and I'm waiting as patiently as everyone else to make it happen. Honestly, it's gotta be right and when it comes out, it's gonna be at least as right as it is in our eyes.

Besides, he talked about the lyrics in other interview far before this.

They heard stuff when it's done.
I assume they're kept updated and they may have heard the mastered ones by now. Who knows.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2005, 04:14:26 PM by ppbebe » Logged
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2005, 04:42:05 PM »

In the next tour im pretty sure we will have alot more new songs! And CD will be in the stores, or atleast set a release date!
So, wasnt there someone who said that we will know by the end of November? I know we have heard that before, and it may be bull! But i guess it will happen sometime anyway! Fortus says that they are planning dates right now! So im pretty sure they will announce CD togther with the tour announcement! Time might be short now!  ok

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2005, 05:30:02 PM »

This whole finished vocals things is crap. All finished vocals means are, they are as perfect as axl wants them. Axl can have vocals layed down for every song but maybe there are parts of songs he wants his vocals to be stronger, so they are not yet finished on that song. It does not mean he doesnt have the vocals for that song, it just means he is trying to sing them better.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
jimmythegent
Legend

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2005, 05:56:49 PM »

Im merely stating that saying the "band" never heard songs with vocals, implies GNR minus Axl.? Perhaps Saul should clarify this.

Anyways, it's splitting hairs really - I was more pointing to the fact that the thread was more about Axl and less about the "band" , as I agree with several posters on this thread - the band has probably not heard final mixes nor? anything of CD for a long time now so it will be fresh for them to play these songs.

Huh you mean you can have a cake and eat it?
Sorry, I'm yet to be convinced that he hears the finished work while he's working on it.? ?

You never read any interview of the band members?

For instance, the pretzels interview on October 10th, 2004 headbanger? By none other than jarmo.

Tommy: I heard stuff before I left the States, some of the final mixes, or close to final mixes of a bunch of the stuff we've been working on for the record. They sounded epic to me, they sounded fantastic and I'm waiting as patiently as everyone else to make it happen. Honestly, it's gotta be right and when it comes out, it's gonna be at least as right as it is in our eyes.

Besides, he talked about the lyrics in other interview far before this.

They heard stuff when it's done.
I assume they're kept updated and they may have heard the mastered ones by now. Who knows.

"Sorry, I'm yet to be convinced that he hears the finished work while he's working on it.    "

hihi

it may not be finished per se, but Axl does hear the 'complete' song while singing it - he sings over the music.

when the band recorded the music, its possible that alot of it had no vocals - perhaps rough guides on some. that is common studio practise.

the main logic though ppbebe, is that Axl has been the one tinkering, recording and touching up vocals - this has been one of  the hold up's if reports are to be believed. It has also ben reported that the music has been finished for some time.
Therefor, Axl has probably heard the songs (with vocals) many times recently, and over the last few years. Whereas, theres a good chance the band havent heard the material in any capacity (vocals or no vocals) for a long time. Once or twice here and there, maybe. But if we can believe most reports, Axl has been the one working and reworking over the last few years, not the band.

Therefor, Axl has a greater chance of being burned out on the material than the band, hence the reason I made mention that the thread was more pertaining to Axl.  you see?

jimmythegent
Legend

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2005, 05:58:35 PM »

This whole finished vocals things is crap. All finished vocals means are, they are as perfect as axl wants them. Axl can have vocals layed down for every song but maybe there are parts of songs he wants his vocals to be stronger, so they are not yet finished on that song. It does not mean he doesnt have the vocals for that song, it just means he is trying to sing them better.

yeah, Im not disputing that Dave. I think Axl has probably taken a very cautious approach to vocals. Whatever you think of his voice now, compared to before - Im sure it has been a very obsessive approach

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2005, 10:51:28 AM »

"Sorry, I'm yet to be convinced that he hears the finished work while he's working on it.    "

hihi

Mate, you could have had that  hihi earlier @ saul's post.

it may not be finished per se, but Axl does hear the 'complete' song while singing it - he sings over the music.

when the band recorded the music, its possible that alot of it had no vocals - perhaps rough guides on some. that is common studio practise.

the main logic though ppbebe, is that Axl has been the one tinkering, recording and touching up vocals - this has been one of  the hold up's if reports are to be believed. It has also ben reported that the music has been finished for some time.
Therefor, Axl has probably heard the songs (with vocals) many times recently, and over the last few years. Whereas, theres a good chance the band havent heard the material in any capacity (vocals or no vocals) for a long time. Once or twice here and there, maybe. But if we can believe most reports, Axl has been the one working and reworking over the last few years, not the band.

Therefor, Axl has a greater chance of being burned out on the material than the band, hence the reason I made mention that the thread was more pertaining to Axl.  you see?

What I see is that You skipped over this bit in my first post.

Well put Clintron.

I was about to say "well yea maybe. Axl alone will possibly be in such a state" but damn.  You're right.

hihi @ Its So Easy

It took axl quite a long time to complete November Rain and yet he sung it even in 2002.
I don't think a long producing process can cause Axl a burnout.
If anything, he might not be too interested in putting himself in the spotlight anymore.
That and dealing with hatemongers would burn you up and out.
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2005, 02:08:18 PM »

So what you're saying is that the vocals aren't finished.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2005, 02:41:51 PM »

^^ An old boss of mine always told me "Analysis causes paraylisis"

Never has that been more true in the case of CD
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »