Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 01:17:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Is there a possibility of Burnout on CD material for next tour?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is there a possibility of Burnout on CD material for next tour?  (Read 4148 times)
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« on: November 06, 2005, 04:25:48 PM »

We all know that GNR and specifically Axl, has spent a hell of a long time recording, tweaking, perfecting, scrapping, mixing etc.. etc.. songs on CD..

My question is, when the time comes to play CD songs in a live environment, arent they all (and especially Axl) going to be sick of hearing them/playing them? This can happen and have a deadening effect on the music.

The best live performances are when the songs are fresh and raw. When bands spend a long time on the road, they can get sick of playing the same material over and over.

I believe this happened on the UYI tour hence why on the Skin and Bones leg they played more obscure songs to counter this.

I also realise they havent played most of the new songs in a live capacity, but Axl especially, must have heard these songs in varying states of completion 1000's of times.

I also realise there could be about 70 new songs theyve worked on. Im more concerned with the reported 20 "A-list" songs.

Surely Axl is approaching burnout stage on these songs. Will he be able to do them justice live?

What do people think?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2005, 04:28:31 PM by jimmythegent » Logged

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2005, 04:40:12 PM »

i reckon Axl cant wait to get these songs on the road  to us: ok: ok

Do you think Axl has ever been sick of Its So Easy?Huh?

dont worry dude, i think it'll be cool!! Cool

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2005, 04:52:29 PM »

Well put Clintron.

I was about to say "well yea maybe. Axl alone will possibly be in such a state" but damn.  You're right.

hihi @ Its So Easy
jimmythegent
Legend

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2005, 05:21:01 PM »

hihi @ Its So Easy

this was a joke?  Huh

Yeah, the Appetite stuff on that 2002 tour must have been fresh for Axl to play with a new band, offering new interpretations etc.. And lets not forget he hadnt played those songs in a long time (even tho' some may believe he rerecorded vocals, although I reckon the 'band' re-recorded Appetite as an exercise in getting them up to speed to play them live)

I personally view this as a studio project, so my expectation in terms of live performance arent that high anyway. Unless Axl starts taking live performances a bit more seriously, I think Guns and specifically CD is a studio deal if and when they re-emerge.

Could be wrong tho'...

misterbrownstone
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2005, 06:39:05 PM »

if they get sick of it, they could play stuff from the illusions, more of lies and TSI?

peace
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2005, 07:44:49 PM »

He seemed like he was bored thru the whole 2002 tour, IMO

I just want to say: Axl is the Donald Rumsfeld of GNR... Yeah I said it.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
alexh0618
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2005, 09:17:46 PM »

can't say I like Donald Rumsfeld but at least he gives updates on stuff that is going on unlike Mr A.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2005, 09:28:31 PM »

hihi @ Its So Easy

this was a joke?? Huh

Yeah, the Appetite stuff on that 2002 tour must have been fresh for Axl to play with a new band, offering new interpretations etc.. And lets not forget he hadnt played those songs in a long time (even tho' some may believe he rerecorded vocals, although I reckon the 'band' re-recorded Appetite as an exercise in getting them up to speed to play them live)

I personally view this as a studio project, so my expectation in terms of live performance arent that high anyway. Unless Axl starts taking live performances a bit more seriously, I think Guns and specifically CD is a studio deal if and when they re-emerge.

Could be wrong tho'...
? ? ? Jimmy, I agree 100%. I also think this version of GNR will basically be a studio band. We might get ocassional performances on SNL, Tonight Show, Conan, VMA's,etc., but a world tour is highly unlikely. You made a great point about Axl getting burnt out on the material. I'm sure he has since he has spent so much time on it. But having the public give him a great response to the material will fuse new life into the album for him. So I dont think we have to worry too much about Axl burnout. ok

Evolution
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2005, 09:29:44 PM »

Maybe the fact so many version of the songs have been created, rehearsals are taking forever to iron out the creases?
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2005, 10:10:25 PM »

He seemed like he was bored thru the whole 2002 tour, IMO

What exactly do you mean?
Ax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2005, 04:15:50 AM »

There's no chance that the other band members will be tired of the songs when they tour because from what people say most of them finished recording their parts years ago.

As for Axl, who knows what it will be like for him. I'm sure it will be a real rush at the start to see how people react to the songs he has been working on for so long. After the first bit of the tour though, I'm sure if he gets sick of playing the songs he can put some old gnr songs on the set list or put some of the songs that didn't make it on Chinese Democracy on the set list. I'm sure there are a ton of B-side type songs recroded that they can play live for a change of pace.

This is all assuming that Chinese Democracy is ever released and that they tour of course.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2005, 01:18:07 PM »

hihi @ Its So Easy

this was a joke?  Huh

If he said 'Welcome to the jungle' or 'Rocket Queen', then he wouldn't be funny. hihi
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2005, 02:55:28 PM »

seeing as how the band never heard songs with finished vocals for years (maybe even to this day) I couldnt see how they would be bored/burned out by the material.

jimmythegent
Legend

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2005, 03:04:40 PM »

seeing as how the band never heard songs with finished vocals for years (maybe even to this day) I couldnt see how they would be bored/burned out by the material.

yeah the thread was more about Axl than the band

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2005, 03:21:01 PM »

saul meant the band inclusive of  Axl. Wink
jimmythegent
Legend

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2005, 04:19:06 PM »

saul meant the band inclusive of? Axl. Wink

err...

"seeing as how the band never heard songs with finished vocals for years "

that would seem to imply the contrary woundnt it?

jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2005, 04:49:36 PM »

First of all, the band members probably forget how to play the new material since it's been soo long since they have

Second, a next tour is a big assumption because after the 2002 debacle, what company is gonna promote it

I would think the record company is just praying and keeping it's fingers crossed it gets an album of Axl
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2005, 05:25:34 PM »

You might think axl is sick of chinese d or at least hearing about it.. This is one of the most involved album I have ever heard of from money to producers to band members.. makes you wonder if the band even remembers how to play the material..

I don[t think a big tour will happen anyways.. As mentioned do to the 2002 NA tour and the fact axl is never in the public eye also who wants to have the chance of riots on their hands
nevermiss24
Rocker

CD STARTS NOW

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2005, 06:56:45 PM »

that could happen but i think Axl has worked too hard to let that happen
RichardNixon
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2005, 08:15:56 PM »

I think once/if "Chinese Democracy" is released, the band will be so psyched, they'll get a second wind.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: