Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 03:29:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Did you like life better before you started using internet?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Did you like life better before you started using internet?  (Read 3651 times)
Buddy J.B.
« on: November 05, 2005, 11:53:43 PM »

I think internet is very time consuming and has turned me into a somewhat-recluse. When I compare the way my life is now to how it was say like six years ago, I was much more happy back then. I enjoyed other stuff better, I could careless about material and indoor stuff besides like movies and video games which were my hobbies back then. I wish my mom never bought this damn thing . Oh well maybe I'll grow out of it. what's your story?
MCT
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2005, 12:22:54 AM »

I liked life better when I had one.

NICK! I'm half loaded! SMoke?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2005, 02:11:01 AM »

Its all about moderation but it can make u a lazy fat unhealthy bastard very very fast if u let it.

Its an addiction like anything else.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2005, 10:44:04 AM »

What do you people do on the Internet that's taking up so much time??

Besides talking to my friends on Yahoo Messenger and checkin out a few boards, I don't find many interesting stuff to do, except gettin some information I want every now and then

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2005, 12:05:48 PM »

in some ways yes, like more friends, talking to others about subjects i like rather than to those who do not have similar interests...in some ways the internet was my saviour so i cant criticise...the down side is that you spend ages on lots of small things on the net which all add up...im trying to limit my access and do other things like read or travel but its not easy to give the habit up...

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
nevermiss24
Rocker

CD STARTS NOW

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2005, 01:01:17 PM »

my life is the same i dont spend all day on the internet so it really doesnt affect me to much the only time i spend much time on the internet is at night or on rainy days
SLCPUNK
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2005, 03:24:17 PM »

I'd say it's better because of the wealth of information online. I can learn about anything, and I do.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2005, 06:03:02 PM »

Life is better after I gained internet access. Its like having the library at your fingertips. A valuable business tool as well as goofing off.

Those who let it interfere with day to day activities need to evaluate themselves. A good shrink may be the answer!

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Sterlingdog
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2005, 07:06:06 PM »

I'd say it's better because of the wealth of information online. I can learn about anything, and I do.

I agree completely.  I've come to depend on the internet for simple things too, like looking up a phone number or getting directions to anywhere I'm going (I'm somewhat directionally-challenged, so that's a HUGE help.)

But I do remember the "old days" when I had dial-up.  It was ridiculously time consuming then.  Seemed like it took forever to load a page, then AOL would kick me off, then by the time I got back on and actually did whatever it was I was trying to do, an hour had gone by.  Thank goodness for high-speed!
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2005, 12:43:15 AM »

I agree completely.? I've come to depend on the internet for simple things too, like looking up a phone number or getting directions to anywhere I'm going (I'm somewhat directionally-challenged, so that's a HUGE help.)

But I do remember the "old days" when I had dial-up.? It was ridiculously time consuming then.? Seemed like it took forever to load a page, then AOL would kick me off, then by the time I got back on and actually did whatever it was I was trying to do, an hour had gone by.? Thank goodness for high-speed!

Exactly.  I think I like life better now.   Internet is a wonderful invention.  And I'd never go back to dial-up.  But, if you feel like you are spending too much time on it, SuperMike, then set it aside and go do something different.  Maybe it's easier said than done....force yourself.   Don't blame your mom - she probably means well.  Peel your fingers off the keys and go outside for awhile.   Smiley
SLCPUNK
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2005, 12:46:52 AM »

I agree completely.  I've come to depend on the internet for simple things too, like looking up a phone number or getting directions to anywhere I'm going (I'm somewhat directionally-challenged, so that's a HUGE help.)

But I do remember the "old days" when I had dial-up.  It was ridiculously time consuming then.  Seemed like it took forever to load a page, then AOL would kick me off, then by the time I got back on and actually did whatever it was I was trying to do, an hour had gone by.  Thank goodness for high-speed!

Everything really.

I do all my banking, pay all my bills, book all my flights, book my hotels, book trips, plan trips, map things out, research on new areas I'd like to see, anything and everything. Pricing info on home stuff, cars, shopping etc. It goes on and on. I do it all online and it is so convenient!!!

Filed my taxes online. Work online....

I save thousands and thousands, and have learned so much thanks to the internet.
Evolution
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2005, 03:24:08 PM »

My school isn't no longer gibberish. It's well researched babble ok
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2005, 04:29:14 PM »

I liked my life before....
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2005, 04:57:20 PM »

life was much better before the net and a lot of technology.. I find myself wasting so much time online.. I really hate it..

Seeing how so many american kids are fat and how annoying they are on their damn cell phones or blackberrys(or whatever you call it)

I miss a more simple time when you had a few video games but spent your days outside playing sports and being creative

The net is a very usefull time saving tool but it is also the devil in how much is accesable and all the time wasted on it..
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2005, 01:28:05 AM »

life was much better before the net and a lot of technology.. I find myself wasting so much time online.. I really hate it..

Seeing how so many american kids are fat and how annoying they are on their damn cell phones or blackberrys(or whatever you call it)

I miss a more simple time when you had a few video games but spent your days outside playing sports and being creative

The net is a very usefull time saving tool but it is also the devil in how much is accesable and all the time wasted on it..

good post, I agree withyours and I agree with SLCs.

the internet is great for fast easy access to things but some people do overdo it and let it consume them to much.

I think kids are different these days because of the net.

the internet can definitely make u anti social because it is so easy to talk to people and do things online but in person is a different story.

I met my fiancee on line which is cool cause i never wouldve had the balls to ask her out in person.

I like the net because it makes things that were once impossible, possible.

Now a small town musician has a better shot of being discovered and heard thanks to the internet.

before if u lived in a town like I do, u were fucked. now possibilities are endless.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2005, 09:13:39 AM »

Dreadfuly I work in a Internet company so I have to be internet full time, well not all day, so when Im out of work I want to stay away from computer the more I can. Internet is cool when you need some investigations and when you need a little time to spent with your friends that are not longer living in your country  Cry

No man can be my equal
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: