Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 09:32:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  For the people burned out on partisan politics
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: For the people burned out on partisan politics  (Read 10176 times)
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« on: November 05, 2005, 10:45:40 PM »

http://www.anus.com/zine/articles/voodoo/

Here's your treatment. I've been thinking about Bush's approval ratings, and I've figured out what's going wrong. He isn't conservative enough! Some of the parts of the article are wrong (Iraq is for valuable oil we need, not spreading Democracy), but it's basically correct. I once read a statistic that about 33% of Americans are "conservative", 17% are "liberal", and 50% are "moderate". Here's the truth. Liberal has become a bad word, so the majority of "moderates" are liberals. Even some conservatives are left wing in some ways. The truth is, only extreme conservativism (he calls it traditionalism) can preserve us.

His attacks on feminism and Jews were inappropriate for the theme of the whole article. Don't let that distract you from the main point. Voting Bush or Kerry wasn't much of a choice at all, since Bush isn't quite conservative enough for my taste. We need someone like Barry Goldwater, a real hardcore conservative!  ok Likewise, liberals want a new extreme liberal like George McGovern.

So, I think we can at least agree that both sides lost in 2004. Instead of mudslinging, let's educate the ignorant and vaunt the values of tradition. I've been considering voting for the Constitution Party next election. They're like the Libertarian party, but Christian too. http://www.constitutionparty.com/

Unless you live in a major battleground state, giving a 3rd party a vote is ok. I'm in a very red state, so it won't matter much if I don't vote Republican this time. The way energy prices are these days, I wish Republicans would cut more taxes for me. I'll just vote 3rd party this time, since I'm not excited at all about the popular "moderate" Republicans these days like McCain and Giuliani.
MCT
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2005, 12:31:41 AM »

I agree.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2005, 01:17:27 AM »

The fact that you seem to cull the bulk of your ideas from this inane, racist drivel hardly surprises me.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2005, 02:22:18 AM »

The fact that you seem to cull the bulk of your ideas from this inane, racist drivel hardly surprises me.

People will say anything to draw attention away from Bush's 35% approval rating. It's lower then Carter now, and he only has one person left to beat: Nixon.
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2005, 03:47:46 AM »

Bush's approval rating is too low because he's not conservative enough. He's trying to appeal to "moderates", which is a myth anyway. They're liberals in denial and they won't vote Republican; they're last minute Democrats. So, we end up disappointed with a president who doesn't stand with his base enough. He needs to do what's best for America instead of what's popular. Do the right thing, and the ratings will improve in time.

Moderatism is a bad idea anyway. Extremism on both sides is where the dynamic archetypes emerge and facilitate cascades of innovation. Moderates are boring. They're also, unfortunately, popular on both sides to appeal to. Man, I am probably more upset at Bush than you are, since Bush is MY president. He's taking way too long to axe Social Security and let me manage my own money like he said he would. I'm still a hardcore conservative, but Republicans have just been disapopinting lately.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2005, 05:33:07 AM »

Extremism on both sides is where the dynamic archetypes emerge and facilitate cascades of innovation.

Where u always this ignorant or is it something u've learnt?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2005, 05:36:26 AM »

Walk, youve yet to respond to this post.
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2005, 10:41:00 AM »

Bush's approval rating is too low because he's not conservative enough. He's trying to appeal to "moderates", which is a myth anyway. They're liberals in denial and they won't vote Republican; they're last minute Democrats. So, we end up disappointed with a president who doesn't stand with his base enough. He needs to do what's best for America instead of what's popular. Do the right thing, and the ratings will improve in time.

Moderatism is a bad idea anyway. Extremism on both sides is where the dynamic archetypes emerge and facilitate cascades of innovation. Moderates are boring. They're also, unfortunately, popular on both sides to appeal to. Man, I am probably more upset at Bush than you are, since Bush is MY president. He's taking way too long to axe Social Security and let me manage my own money like he said he would. I'm still a hardcore conservative, but Republicans have just been disapopinting lately.

walk, please call some friends go outside to play.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2005, 10:47:12 AM »

Bush's approval rating is too low because he's not conservative enough.

Sure it is buddy. Keep telling yourself that.

In the meantime..........keep your tinfoil hat on.

Sterlingdog
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2005, 06:53:07 PM »

Hey, Walk, you seem to think that no one is conservative enough.  I mean, if they aren't as conservative as  you think they should be, then they are closet liberals, right?  So I'm just wondering, is there anyone that you consider a true conservative?  I mean someone that I would have heard of, like Rush Limbaugh or Bill O'reilly.  Anyone? 
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2005, 07:27:22 PM »

Rush Limbaugh or Bill O'reilly?

Both way to left wing for me.   hihi

I hear what your saying Walk even though you are saying it in a way that is a bit hard around the edges.  I know what your point is. 

Does anyone give a shit about polls though?  I mean who here cares about polls?  I didn't care when they showed Kerry would win the election, I didn't care when it showed a majority of Americans for the war in Iraq leading up to it, and I don't care about someone politician's approval rating.  It is meaningless.  Who here will stop and take a poll anyway.  I know when I get a call or an email or anything asking me to take a poll I hang up or ignore it.    I won't even participate in exit polls on election day.  Makes me wonder what kind of person actually stops to answer these questions.  It seems fairly obvious to me that liberals are much more likely to participate in a waste of time like polls than a conservative. 
Prometheus
VIP

I've been working all week on one of them.....

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2005, 08:13:33 PM »

he did say who was along the right path... no pun intended there

His attacks on feminism and Jews were inappropriate for the theme of the whole article. Don't let that distract you from the main point. Voting Bush or Kerry wasn't much of a choice at all, since Bush isn't quite conservative enough for my taste. We need someone like Barry Goldwater, a real hardcore conservative!   Likewise, liberals want a new extreme liberal like George McGovern

and i really cant say that hes wrong, or right  for that matter.

but whats i amazing me is that the respondants have only talked around "walk" and not actually talked to the points of the post, then after that he was called ignotrant..... now you all know my liberal stance...... so why dont us  tolerant liberals start acting like liberals

........oh wait..... nooooooo...... How come there aren't any fake business seminars in Newfoundland?!?? Sad? ............
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2005, 01:27:01 AM »

I agree that Bush isn't conservative enough.

War in Iraq, against the ideals of true conservatisim.  Conservatives were islotionists until the Neo-con hijack job.

Record Budget deficit, against the ideals of true conservatism.  The President is also "pigging out" like no other on the pork barrell spending.

On Energy policy, against the ideals of true conservatism.  True conservatism doesn't need to pander to big business interests.

On immigration, true conservatives don't want to see the the culture of this nation vastly change.  Also, shouldn't those jobs be for the 30 million Americans currently living off the system.

There you go, 4 things that I as a conservative am pissed off about.

"You want to do something impressive? Get Kim Jong-Il  to sing "Give Peace A Chance." Yeah -- big televised duet with Yoko. That's when I'll be impressed."  - Gary Brecher, the "war nerd"
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2005, 01:28:46 AM »

Is that really needed?  I can't believe Jarmo puts up with your shit.

"You want to do something impressive? Get Kim Jong-Il  to sing "Give Peace A Chance." Yeah -- big televised duet with Yoko. That's when I'll be impressed."  - Gary Brecher, the "war nerd"
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2005, 01:39:17 AM »

On immigration, true conservatives don't want to see the the culture of this nation vastly change.?

So basically, less brown people?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2005, 01:42:50 AM »

Is that really needed?  I can't believe Jarmo puts up with your shit.

What?

Me cracking a joke against a racist, white power board member?

Tinfoil hat....oh my...soooo offensive.

Jeeesh...

Here....is this less offensive to you?

« Last Edit: November 07, 2005, 01:50:28 AM by (+ 1 Hidden) » Logged
SLCPUNK
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2005, 01:53:49 AM »

On immigration, true conservatives don't want to see the the culture of this nation vastly change.

What do you expect from somebody who posts a link to a site which calls the unibomber a "hero"........ Roll Eyes
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2005, 01:59:05 AM »

He's taking way too long to axe Social Security and let me manage my own money like he said he would.

You have to have Bush's permission to manage your own money? Just kidding. hihi

Hey the retired people need their Social Security. Bush should keep his sticky mitts off of it.
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2005, 02:05:18 AM »

You want to drasticly change a population in a short period of time.  Well fine.  But don't complain when you have 11 day riots like you have in France right now.

Why does France, The US, Sweden, etc need immigrants in the first place.  We all have out of work people in our countries.  Just stop the madness.  Big business and their need for dirt cheap labor can go fuck themselves.

Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2005, 02:07:48 AM »

Here....is this less offensive to you?

You missed my point bud.  The personal attacks are not needed.

We just had a big deal about why this board is out of control.  We don't need to rely on personal attacks when talking about politics.  Attack somebody's point of view, not them.  This board would be much wiser that way.

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: