Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:26:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Prank Calls
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prank Calls  (Read 3117 times)
Evolution
« on: November 05, 2005, 09:01:25 PM »

I fucking hate them! Does anyone else get them?

I just got a really weird one. I could hear like someone whispering something just out of ear shot, then like a really young girl repeating it to me. I don't need a 5 year old girl to say she is my lover at 2am! Fuck!
Sterlingdog
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2005, 09:08:37 PM »

First off, yuck.  That's just wrong.

I rarely get prank calls.  But before I got my phone number it used to belong to an alternative medicine store.  So people with old phone books call looking for some strange stuff sometimes.  I once had an old guy call looking for ear candles.  What are those?  And a teenage boy called asking for something he could take to pass a drug test.  Sometimes its funny, but mostly its irritating.

I did get a prank call, several actually, from a girl who I think kept asking if there were any lesbians where I lived.  But her accent was so thick, I couldn't really understand her. 
SLCPUNK
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2005, 12:57:45 AM »

I never answer my phone, so I wouldn't know.......... hihi
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2005, 01:16:00 AM »

When I worked in retail people would prank call a lot. It was mainly guys that called in the pranks. They'd ask me to page their friends over the PA. The most popular friend was Hugh Jass.
Megaguns
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2005, 02:39:14 AM »

I dont get prank calls but my new phone number used to belong to a tow truck company, So every now and then i get calls from people broken down, sometimes i tell them its not the number, but other times...... If i feel like being a prick, i book them in and leave the stupid suckers waiting for a tow truck......... i can be an asshole when i want to.
nevermiss24
Rocker

CD STARTS NOW

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2005, 01:03:40 PM »

one time i got one at a hotel it was weird i didnt know what the guy was saying it sounded like he was drunk or high im not sure
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2005, 02:39:29 PM »

Used to do them all the time, had a great method, costly but amusing.  At like 3 in the morning me and a friend would ring random numbers on our phones, then turn one upside down so it was the bit you talk into pointed at the bit you listen to and vice versa, it took a while but eventually 2 people would answer at the same time and it would be quite amusing hearing them swearing at each other convinced the other dude had phoned them, i'm more sensible now, that was when i was like 15, it pissed me off at uni got a shitload there so i just disconnected my phone....

Wrong numbers are cool when people leave messages on your answering machine thinking your somebody else....
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2005, 08:58:11 PM »

I love them.

2 words - Jerky Boys

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
You Gonna Eat That?
Rocker

Mada-Gaz-car

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2005, 01:33:49 AM »

Prank calls are funny as when they are done with like, celebrity soundboards... like a Napolean Dynamite one... but only when the person recieving it has NO idea.

Dave Mustaine discusses the origins of the name of his band, Megadeath: "The band's name means the act of dying, but, like, really mega."
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2005, 01:40:22 AM »

Prank calls are funny as when they are done with like, celebrity soundboards... like a Napolean Dynamite one... but only when the person recieving it has NO idea.

Judd Nelson from the Breakfast Club is the best soundboard to use.  The best people to call are businesses, not households.  McDonald's is less likely to hang up than the grumpy old man down the street.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/juddnelson.html

I remember I had this happen once:
"Good evening Mcdonald's"
--"Hey"
"Hello"
--"Can I ask you a question?"
"Sure"
--"How does one become a janitor?"
"How does one come into Canada?"
Amanda
Headliner

It Girl

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2005, 04:19:06 AM »

I dont get them as my phone has caller ID and I dont answer any calls unless I know who it is.

Anyone seen that show, Cranker Yankers, (i think its called) I love that show  hihi

Sippin' a drink and feeling fine.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2005, 05:24:53 AM »

Anyone seen that show, Cranker Yankers, (i think its called) I love that show? hihi
I think that show starts here in the UK this week (or it might of last week...) really want to see it, seen some adverts and it looks hilarious....
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2005, 10:12:19 AM »

Me and my friends used to prank call radio talk shows.  Our goal was to mention the name Earl Ferrell, at some point in the conversation.  By the time we were done, there wasn't a talk show in Philadelphia were you could mention Earl Ferrell on the air.  I still have them all on tape and need to convert them to Mp3 so I can get them on the web.  Earl Ferrell was a former Phoenix Cardinal full back in the NFL.  He was a very average player.  We started out mentioning him on 610 WIP the all sports radio.  Once we got banned from thatr station, we went to others.  I have since outgrown the habbit, but the calls are absolutely hilarious.

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
Amanda
Headliner

It Girl

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2005, 06:28:28 AM »

Anyone seen that show, Cranker Yankers, (i think its called) I love that show? hihi
I think that show starts here in the UK this week (or it might of last week...) really want to see it, seen some adverts and it looks hilarious....

Yeah, its as funny as hell

Sippin' a drink and feeling fine.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: