Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 01:31:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  According to Dizzy, Chinese Democracy will happen 'sooner than you think'
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: According to Dizzy, Chinese Democracy will happen 'sooner than you think'  (Read 16490 times)
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2005, 01:11:11 PM »

guys there is one thing that I didn't mention because I was too tired and drunk last night to write it....

Obviously the show was on Halloween so there was a costume contest.  Well I dug out my old costume that I had in 2002 after the VMAs.  I was the 'new' Axl.  I had black cargo pants, an XFL jersey, braided hair, bandanna, sunglasses, and bucket hat. 

We all lined up for the crowd to choose who would win.  When I walked out there Dizzy just put his head down and started laughing.  Then when I got up he asked what the crowd thought of the 'new' Axl and I got booed by almost the entire place.  I heard some screams of "new Axl sucks, we want old Axl".  To say the least, I lost the contest. 

Then when Appetite for Destruction started playing I got invited up onstage by the 'old' Axl to sing a part of Welcome to the Jungle.  It was pretty fun.  They also played the opening to Chinese Democracy and then stopped after the opening line of the song. 
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2005, 01:14:59 PM »

You know what? I don't believe anything anymore until the album is in my speakers and I'm hearing it.

(My first post in over 3 months)

Later.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
shaun
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2005, 01:21:48 PM »

*sooner than you think*

WAR41 what do you think?  Grin
WAR41
VIP

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2005, 01:30:09 PM »

*sooner than you think*

WAR41 what do you think?  Grin

haha gee I dont know... you are asking Mr. Pessimist what he thinks of this.  He was genuine when he said it, he didn't just mumble it to get me away from him.  He shook my hand said it to me.  I really felt like while he is not sure about it he wants to believe it.  Who knows!

If anyone is around the area Dizzy has his interview at 7 pm tonight on 106.1 in Raleigh.  I unfortunately will most likely miss it, but oh well!

http://www.1061rdu.com/main.html
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2005, 02:34:34 PM »

Well I thought it was a hair's breadth away, so I guess it's sooner than that!
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2005, 03:44:42 PM »

Hopefully this guy isn't bullshitting

my intuition says he is

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Kurupt Girl
Banned
Headliner

Shut The Fuck Up

« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2005, 03:48:43 PM »

i don't like the word "soon" anymore no

Every day of my life I take a glimpse in the mirror, and I see motherfuckers tryn'a be like me
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2005, 03:49:25 PM »

Hopefully this guy isn't bullshitting

my intuition says he is

Is "bullshitting" an "not knowing shit" the same thing?

DarrenLeves
Rocker

Rock In Hull

« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2005, 04:04:34 PM »

I really Hope its true, Although Im Kinda thinking "Heard it all before"
Kurupt Girl
Banned
Headliner

Shut The Fuck Up

« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2005, 04:21:03 PM »

Interscope has taken "Chinese Democracy" off its schedule. Mr. Rose hasn't been seen there since last year, when he was spotted leaving the parking area beneath Interscope's offices, where witnesses reported that a small traffic jam had congealed when attendants halted other cars to clear a path for his silver Ferrari. Mr. Rose punched the gas and cruised into the day.

Every day of my life I take a glimpse in the mirror, and I see motherfuckers tryn'a be like me
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2005, 04:29:48 PM »

Is "bullshitting" an "not knowing shit" the same thing?

No but can be at the same time. You can bullshit and not knowing shit, as well as bullshit while knowing shit.
Of the two, the former would be the better, cos in that case the bs might come true.

I believe in the members.  Well, there's a big difference between believing in someone and believing him.
My bet is It's comming very very very soon.

If anyone is around the area Dizzy has his interview at 7 pm tonight on 106.1 in Raleigh.

Ta, but what board time would it be? Huh
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2005, 04:46:19 PM »

War41, I am now confused about your night of events. Last night you remembered hearing Dizzy say "sooner than you think", but you didn't remember dressing up as Axl, Dizzy laughing at you, and then going onstage with Dizzy? This whole night is a hoax. You practically gave it away by saying they played the opening of CD and then stopped. Most people dont even know the song, there was no reason to tease the crowd with it. This thread should be locked. We've been Punk'd! I actually enjoy reading your posts, but you went to far this time. I think you should be banned for posting false information. rant

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2005, 05:36:50 PM »

dizzy always says something positive..  It's almost like getting a recording..
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2005, 06:17:48 PM »

War41, I am now confused about your night of events. Last night you remembered hearing Dizzy say "sooner than you think", but you didn't remember dressing up as Axl, Dizzy laughing at you, and then going onstage with Dizzy? This whole night is a hoax. You practically gave it away by saying they played the opening of CD and then stopped. Most people dont even know the song, there was no reason to tease the crowd with it. This thread should be locked. We've been Punk'd! I actually enjoy reading your posts, but you went to far this time. I think you should be banned for posting false information. rant

whoah, thats rather a big leap isn't it?

although I found the CD intro thing odd as well ....  Undecided

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2005, 07:17:00 PM »

Dizzy once told his Aunt he doesnt know if CD will ever come out. I willl take her word for it since shes a family member.

Dizzy doesnt seem to mind stringing along fans but when its family he says what he thinks.
WAR41
VIP

« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2005, 09:25:02 PM »

haha alright man don't believe me.  The band is a GNR tribute band.  They play everything that GNR does.  You are right it is not well known, but I assure you they played the opening riff to it and did the first lines.

I did not sing onstage with Dizzy.  I went onstage with Appetite for Destruction, the GNR tribute band to do Jungle.  During the costume contest we all went up onstage and the crowd cheered on which costumes they liked the best.  This happened after Hookers N Blow were done and before Appetite for Destruction came onstage.  AFD were the headliners.

The band's website is www.notquitegnr.com
misterbrownstone
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2005, 10:05:23 PM »

Interscope has taken "Chinese Democracy" off its schedule. Mr. Rose hasn't been seen there since last year, when he was spotted leaving the parking area beneath Interscope's offices, where witnesses reported that a small traffic jam had congealed when attendants halted other cars to clear a path for his silver Ferrari. Mr. Rose punched the gas and cruised into the day.

what the fuck?  where'd you get this?
conny
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2005, 10:07:11 PM »

The band is a GNR tribute band.? They play everything that GNR does.

This happened after Hookers N Blow were done and before Appetite for Destruction came onstage.? AFD were the headliners.

So Dizzy's band was the supporting act for a GN'R tribute band?
WAR41
VIP

« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2005, 10:08:59 PM »

The band is a GNR tribute band.  They play everything that GNR does.

This happened after Hookers N Blow were done and before Appetite for Destruction came onstage.  AFD were the headliners.

So Dizzy's band was the supporting act for a GN'R tribute band?

Yes, that is correct
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2005, 10:12:21 PM »

what the fuck?  where'd you get this?

Its old. Don't worry about it. From the New York Times article

gnrevolution.com
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: