Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 06:09:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228122 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  What is old?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: What is old?  (Read 5906 times)
RichardNixon
« on: November 03, 2005, 06:36:51 PM »

I used to think 60 was old. But I saw Paul McCartney (hes 62) and he looks GREAT! Also, Mike Wallace (from 60 Minutes) is 87 and he looks and sounds great. I know its a clich?, but I really think age is a state of mind.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2005, 06:57:12 PM »

Age is definately a state of mind, i'm 19 going on 20 and i feel old...
Evolution
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2005, 07:41:17 PM »

30  Tongue
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2005, 07:47:23 PM »

Like the great musician Prince says "How Old would u be if u didnt know how old u were?"

I am 26 but a guy at the gym the other day thought I was 18, I feel like im about 15 to be honest.

I am never getting old.

I think u are old once u can no longer do stuff for yourself.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2005, 07:55:50 PM »

I turned 20 today and I feel ancient. Such is the fate of young conservatives. Wink
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2005, 08:11:56 PM »

Such is the fate of young conservatives. Wink
I knew there was a good reason for me feeling old...
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2005, 09:10:20 PM »

It's definitely a state of mind.  Although, when I was 20, I thought 30 or 40 was old.  I'm 43 now, so I can now afford to say the state of mind thing.  Cheesy  But seriously, I think it is.    I feel younger than my age - hopefully I look younger too. 

Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2005, 05:32:46 AM »

As a woman, knowing how fast it gets hard to have kids, i would have an answer that may not please people :

Old is as soon as internal organs start to suffer and in most people, that means around mid 30's.

You can look as good as you want, there is no age reversal for organs.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2005, 05:34:21 AM by Mademoiselle aka Jessica » Logged

Nothing to say
Amanda
Headliner

It Girl

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2005, 06:38:17 AM »

Thats ridiculous. Mid 30's old? How sad. Mid 30's is the prime of your life - your organs arent getting old then..they may not be 'young' but they arent in the old stage either. How many people in their mid 30's have organ failure, or heart attacks, senility, or other degenerative organ problems caused by age? Virtually none, cause in your 30's youre still classified as young. Just becuase a woman is no longer in the peak reproductive years, doesnt mean that that equates to having old organs in the 30's. A man can still reproduce in his 90's - does that mean that his organs (no pun intended) arent old??! The reproductive thing therefore has nothing to do with it.Some 20 year olds have lots of grey hair - does that make them old, or is that a sign of their 'internal organs suffering'? No.

50+ maybe, but that hasnt come close to starting at that age. Id say that 50 is when it starts. And "old" is probably at 70+.

However, its all relative. To a 16 year old, someone who is 40 seems old, but when you turn 30, you realise that 40 year olds arent that old, theyre just no longer 'kids'. To a 40 year old, a 70 year old is old, but I guess when youre 60, 70 doesnt seem that bad..

My nanna was in her 80's when we bought her a walking stick, and she refused to use it cause she said, Im not that old yet - and I knew that she said that cause she thought - on the inside, Im still that young woman in her 20's...I not old!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2005, 07:05:24 AM by Amanda » Logged

Sippin' a drink and feeling fine.
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2005, 06:42:32 AM »

right on amanda ok
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2005, 08:00:29 AM »

To people's eyes You are old when you are about  60's and when you give up hope.
Jessica
Legend

Still there

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2005, 08:15:33 AM »

Amanda, i talked internal organs.

The condition in which you arrive to what we call old age is highly dependant on lifestyle and genetics, but whatever you do, whatever your lifestyle, organs get older.

Which is why any proper doctor anywhere in the world can agree to say the best age to have kids in women is between 16 and 25.

There is NOTHING you can do about it.

Livers get tired, kidneys, uteruses, cells, the whole internal system acts its right age very fast.

Today, i am 30 and i went out a hell of a lot when i was 17, 18, and 19, until i had a coma actually..
I would take drugs, booze my life out ( also had an ethyllic coma after a wormed bottle of tequila and two liters of beer went inside me for a contest), i'd have lots of sex and would never go to bed until 10 am at the earliest and this was every weekend and every day at 17, EVERY DAY.

Today, at 30, i know there are things i cannot do, and this, purely because i am TI RED.

I could not go to bed at 10 am like before.

I'm not 17 anymore, i do feel this, in my body.

I don't have the same energy.

My skin is not as tender either, my ass is not as perky, nor my tits, let's get real for 2 minutes??
« Last Edit: November 04, 2005, 08:22:27 AM by Mademoiselle aka Jessica » Logged

Nothing to say
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2005, 08:26:30 AM »

The condition in which you arrive to what we call old age is highly dependant on lifestyle and genetics, but whatever you do, whatever your lifestyle, organs get older.

Which is why any proper doctor anywhere in the world can agree to say the best age to have kids in women is between 16 and 25.

Livers get tired, kidneys, uteruses, cells, the whole internal system acts its right age very fast.

Today, i am 30 and i went out a hell of a lot when i was 17, 18, and 19, until i had a coma actually..
I would take drugs, booze my life out ( also had an ethyllic coma after a wormed bottle of tequila and two liters of beer went inside me for a contest), i'd have lots of sex and would never go to bed until 10 am at the earliest and this was every weekend and every day at 17, EVERY DAY.

Today, at 30, i know there are things i cannot do, and this, purely because i am TI RED.

My skin is not as tender either, my ass is not as perky, nor my tits, let's get real for 2 minutes??

tell us more about your tits.

kiiiidddiiiiing Smiley

Jessica
Legend

Still there

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2005, 08:32:20 AM »

tell us more about your tits.

kiiiidddiiiiing Smiley

95C at the mo', huge, full up with milk for my little bub baby..

what else ?  Grin

Nothing to say
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2005, 09:52:32 AM »

Old at heart but I'm only 25  Cry
Since I turned 20 life has passed very quickly.

No man can be my equal
RichardNixon
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2005, 09:56:42 AM »

I run six miles a day. I hope that helps.
Laura
I'm not cute!!!
VIP

Swallow Choke And Die

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2005, 10:08:03 AM »

I'm 19 and i feel young! I love it! I have to take care of myself and that is all, and I can deal with that, i go to school i work, i party everythin is balanced out and i feel great! My dad is 51 and when i was younger i didnt think men at 51 could do or look like my dad, so i think everyone gets "old" in their own time cause ive seen some 50yr olds who look like they are about to die! I think when you can't take care of yourself or you have hard times walkin or somethin like that then thats when you become old!

And It Breaks My Heart To Know The Only Reason You Are Here Now Is A Reminder Of What I'll Never Have...
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2005, 03:33:31 PM »

The liver and kidneys don't like alcohol, and if you're inactive and/or have a bad diet, pre-diabetes and diabetes don't help either. Teenagers want sex all the time anyway, and part of your mellowing out is just learning self control and discipline, not just aging.

As for skin, well that's too bad. Sad But you're kidding yourself if you think you've aged too much since your teens. If anything, bodybuilders and some other athletes peak in the 30's. Of course, some athletes like football players burn out then because of cumulative injuries. It depends. It's really the 40's when aging really starts to kick in.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2005, 03:55:15 PM »

I'm....er.....22...i think, and feel prehistoric - all these kids everywhere listening to emo and watching spongebob squarepants - wasn't like that in my day!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2005, 03:58:52 PM »

I'm....er.....22...i think, and feel prehistoric - all these kids everywhere listening to emo and watching spongebob squarepants - wasn't like that in my day!

It's all changed when i was a kid the coolest thing to own was wrestling figures..
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: