Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 03:52:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Let's talk 2008-place your bets
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Let's talk 2008-place your bets  (Read 11161 times)
RichardNixon
« on: November 02, 2005, 05:40:26 PM »

The Democratic Candidates:

Hillary Clinton-Obvious front-runner, but not a shoe-in.
Al Gore- I honestly think he could make a comeback.
Bill Richardson- Wildcard

The Republican Candidates:

McCain- Obvious first choice, but not a shoe-in.
Ruddy- Middle-of-the-road republican, a possibility
Cheney- Yes, I think he may run in the last minute
Condi- see above.

It's still a lonnnnng way off, but here's my prediction.

Clinton/Richardson against McCain/Ruddy or Ruddy/McCain.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2005, 06:02:08 PM »

Oh no...not another thread on US politics

We all know Arnie will win anyway Cheesy

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2005, 06:18:59 PM »

Arnie is disqualified from running at this point since he was born in Austria.

Think Hillary is definitely going to get the nomination for the dems.

Probrally McCain for the republicans.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2005, 07:10:25 PM »

oh no not again...how boring can people get?

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
sandman
Legend

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2005, 07:37:22 PM »

the democratic side is a no-brainer in my opinion. it's hillary. no one else has a prayer. not sure about her running mate though. richardson would be a brilliant move.

republican side is a little more wide open. i don't think mccain can pull it off. he'll be 72 in 2008. rudi is a possibility. but my guess is condi. no idea who she would pick for running mate.

condi vs. hillary.

that would be major history. and one hell of a nasty race!

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2005, 08:53:29 PM »

Yeah, Hillary Clinton is the obvious frontrunner for Democrats.? Richardson is also a possibility and a strong V.P. candidate.? Al Gore has insisted that he wont run, but could be a solid contendor if he changed his mind.? Wesley Clark is another solid possibility and V.P. candidate.? John Edwards is a far shot, unfortunately, as is John Kerry.? Joe Biden doesnt stand a chance despite making his ambitions very clear.? Evan Bayh is unlikely.?

Virgina senator George Allen is the current frontrunner for Republicans.? Other hopefuls include Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney and Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee.? John McCain is a possibility I guess...hes probably unbeatable in a general election, but unlikely to make it through primaries.? Romney would probably be the favorite if he werent Mormon.? We all know that Frist is finished.? hihi? Newt Gingrich is a far shot.? So its my guess that Allen is the establishment favorite.? However, Ronald Reagans General Secretary of the Navy, James Webb, is considering running against him as a Democrat next year.? With credentials like that, he could be a real problem for Allen.?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2005, 09:00:48 PM by Booker Floyd » Logged
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2005, 10:33:49 PM »

I know Arnold was born abroad USA, but, I d like him to have th chance  to be the president hehe
Lisa
You talkin' to me?
Legend

Here Today..Gone To The syndicate

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2005, 11:05:45 PM »

my thoughts are on the bitch...never know Undecided

journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2005, 01:29:37 AM »

Hillary Clinton

America's first female president.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2005, 07:25:30 AM »

Hillary Clinton

Americas first female democatic nominee.  yes

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2005, 08:42:52 AM »

I think Hillary will win the dems nomination.? I also think she's as polarizing a candidate as Bush has been, and she may have a tough time getting elected because of that.? I'm not sure I'd vote for her, simply because I was so completely opposed to her health care plan when Bill was in office.? I'd be afraid of more of the same (and make no mistake about it, the Repubs will have a field day bringing it up during the campaign).

I think Gore is done.  I think the party has told him he's done, as far as presidential runs go.

Richardson is a decent possibility, but I just don't think he has the firepower to unseat Hillary. 

I'm HOPING McCain decides to run (age is certainly a factor).? He's very bipartisan, and does a good job of "uniting" the different ideologies.? After 8 years of having the country ripped apart by GW, I think McCain would go a long way toward healing some of the wounds.? I'd vote for him, I think, over anyone else.

Allen doesn't thrill me.? He's more centrist, for sure, than the current administration, but he has some skeletons in his closet.? In addition, he doesn't have the political clout, on both sides of the aisle, that McCaine has.? He's certainly more of a "Regan-ite" than the current president, and that's to his benefit.? I'd have to hear lots more from him before I could throw my vote his way.

I don't think Condi has a shot in hell of winning the Repub nom for '08.? There's too many people in front of her in the line.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2005, 08:44:46 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2005, 12:49:07 PM »

Hillary Clinton

Americas first female democatic nominee.? yes

why not president?
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2005, 01:22:19 PM »

I thought Hillary was president already from 1993-2000.  Huh

All kidding aside, what about Barack Obama?  A hot political commodity in 2004, he already seems to have fallen out of most peoples' minds as a potential VP nominee.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
RichardNixon
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2005, 05:41:01 PM »

I like Barack Obama but he's a relative newcomer. Maybe in a few years. As for Hillary Clinton being too far to the left or polarizing, I don't get it. She's really a middle-of-the-road Democrat, Barbara Boxer or Ted Kennedy is more to the left.

Anyway, the map in 2008 will look like 2000, 2004. The Democrat, whoever it is, will get all of New England, California, and Washington. The Republican will get almost everything else. As usual, it's up to Florida and Ohio, and PA.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2005, 06:04:58 PM »

All kidding aside, what about Barack Obama?? A hot political commodity in 2004, he already seems to have fallen out of most peoples' minds as a potential VP nominee.

Hed be a great candidate one day...But as a young senator 99th in seniority, hes got quite a way to go.  Im also not so confident in our countrys present racial acceptance to believe hed be elected in '08. 
sandman
Legend

« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2005, 06:47:46 PM »

I like Barack Obama but he's a relative newcomer. Maybe in a few years. As for Hillary Clinton being too far to the left or polarizing, I don't get it. She's really a middle-of-the-road Democrat, Barbara Boxer or Ted Kennedy is more to the left.

Anyway, the map in 2008 will look like 2000, 2004. The Democrat, whoever it is, will get all of New England, California, and Washington. The Republican will get almost everything else. As usual, it's up to Florida and Ohio, and PA.

i think he'd be a nice choice for hillary's running mate. a little risky, but one that i think would pay off big time. not sure if hillary would take that risk, however.

if she runs against rice, it would take away the race factor, since either way there would be a minority in the white house. that would be important since rice could steal away alot of minority votes.

currently, the polls on the republican side look like this:

1. rudi
2. mccain
3. condi

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
RichardNixon
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2005, 06:54:42 PM »

Could Arnold run for VP? Is there a rule against that? If the President died/resigns, couldn't they skip over to the speaker of the house?
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2005, 07:48:45 PM »

currently, the polls on the republican side look like this:

1. rudi
2. mccain
3. condi

I was waiting for someone to mention Rudolph Giuliani...The idea of him winning the Republican nomination is almost absurd.? A Catholic, pro-choice, pro-gun control New Yorker with questionable personal issues leading the modern-day Republican party?  Id say its unlikely.

Could Arnold run for VP? Is there a rule against that? If the President died/resigns, couldn't they skip over to the speaker of the house?

Nope.? The Vice President must be a natural-born citizen.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2005, 07:50:31 PM by Booker Floyd » Logged
Buddy J.B.
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2005, 09:45:15 PM »

Yeah I want Hilary Clinton to win, something new for this country to experience.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2005, 02:55:46 AM »

Yeah I want Hilary Clinton to win, something new for this country to experience.

More importantly perhaps, I wouldnt mind seeing Bill Clinton back in the White House.  Grin
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: