Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 05:20:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Re: Richard Branson dressing up as Axl
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Re: Richard Branson dressing up as Axl  (Read 16907 times)
SLCPUNK
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2005, 10:17:55 PM »

He is a character in general.........

Yeh very true, but why suddenly dress up as him at a major opening of a worldwide music store with 12 others dressed up in the same outfits as well!! I would just be nice if there was something to it!

I wish....but I doubt it.
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2005, 03:13:19 AM »

This is very interesting. Strangest bit of news we've had this year. I would like to get my hopes on this, but look what month he decided to do this. Halloween is right around the corner. If it happened any other month, we could take it more seriously. But I'll keep my fingers crossed anyway. beer

I never thought I'd see it! A positive post James! Fair play on you! Maybe there is something to this one after all!! Lets keep our fingers crossed then mate!

One other thing about this Richard Branson episode. This thread I started has had a lot of interest in it. But nobody who has more knowledge on the band than me, or people who claim to have some kind of inside knowledge on the band, or the dudes who administer this site have yet come on here to say its a crock of shit or anything like that yet! Just another thought, because usually when a rumour crops up or a little incident like this one, it is proved pretty quickly to be a load of? nonsence so when it doesnt it gets me pretty excited to be quite honest!! Cheers Mike
« Last Edit: October 19, 2005, 03:27:23 AM by estranged33 » Logged

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2005, 06:21:59 AM »

estranged33, we dont need mysteron's input to have this confirmed as something real or just bullshit. Mysteron has been wrong more times than Miss Cleo! hihi Someone else will speak up eventually. I talk to a couple so called "insiders", and they haven't emailed me about this latest news. There's a journalist I talk to sometimes, I guess I could ask him. But he usually takes awhile to respond. But seriously, if there's something to this, we should find out "soon" enough. beer

badapple81
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2005, 06:40:08 AM »

We enjoy a laugh at the bike shorts, but his unique style during the UYI dates is part of what made Axl such an interesting figure for the media and fans during the time and helped him (with his brilliant music etc) become such an icon. People have had a laugh over the years but I think now people see it as so daring and cool for the time. When I ask anyone, they remember the UYI look over the AFD leather and new-GNR braids and jerseys.

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2005, 07:21:10 AM »

The kilt kicked ass!

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2005, 08:43:24 AM »

In my opinion, I don't think there was anything more to this than a publicity stunt, probably heavily influenced by the recent fashion shows which included "the Axl look".    I doubt there's any hidden meaning to it. 
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2005, 12:22:38 PM »

In my opinion, I don't think there was anything more to this than a publicity stunt, probably heavily influenced by the recent fashion shows which included "the Axl look".? ? I doubt there's any hidden meaning to it.?

Yeh maybe, but I just dont see why Richard Branson would do that. It wouldnt make any sense to do it. Like I said before that man does everything for a reason beacause he is such an amazing businessman. If he knows something then that could be a sneaky hint drop from him to get people buzzing and it incorporates Virgin as well for kind of promoting it!

shaun
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2005, 12:29:55 PM »

In my opinion, I don't think there was anything more to this than a publicity stunt, probably heavily influenced by the recent fashion shows which included "the Axl look".? ? I doubt there's any hidden meaning to it.?

RB v.funny. Maybe the new GN'R are about to sign to Virgin Records  Wink
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2005, 03:37:56 PM »

Or maybe Mr Virgin is demonstrating his intention of making a deal with Sanctuary or GNR by the stunt?

estranged33 is right,  the guy wouldn't do a stunt like this just for fun. The news is everywhere now.
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2005, 09:53:23 PM »

Again wasnt this the guy who had the reality show on Fox? and wasnt there some posts as if Live and Let Die was used in the promo for the show?

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2005, 01:29:05 PM »

Or maybe Mr Virgin is demonstrating his intention of making a deal with Sanctuary or GNR by the stunt?

estranged33 is right,? the guy wouldn't do a stunt like this just for fun. The news is everywhere now.

For sure. If those guys dressed up like Elvis, you'd think that The King is still alive.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2005, 02:04:36 PM »

Who is elvis? Huh I happen to know a singer called himself the King.
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2005, 08:58:18 PM »

estranged33 is right,? the guy wouldn't do a stunt like this just for fun. The news is everywhere now.

interesting theory.

this is the 3rd time this month we've seen people dressed up as Axl though! lol!
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2005, 09:16:27 PM »

I don't see how this has any relevance Huh

Oh wait, did I hear that Richard Branson dressed up as Axl a few nights ago.  Shit, Chinese Democracy must be coming out within a few months. Roll Eyes

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2005, 03:15:21 AM »

Oh wait, did I hear that Richard Branson dressed up as Axl a few nights ago.? Shit, Chinese Democracy must be coming out within a few months. Roll Eyes

Very pessimistic!

damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2005, 03:42:51 AM »

Oh wait, did I hear that Richard Branson dressed up as Axl a few nights ago.? Shit, Chinese Democracy must be coming out within a few months. Roll Eyes

Very pessimistic!

On this topic, yes.

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2005, 07:07:13 AM »

Very pessimistic!

On this topic, yes.

I'm not trying to start a row here at all but I just wandered why you are pessimistic about this topic? Does it not seem at all weird that one of the worlds most successful businessmen would choose to dress up as Axl Rose at the launch of one of his stores along with 12 other people? Like I said previously in this post Richard Branson never seems to do anything without a reason!

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2005, 08:02:07 AM »

Very pessimistic!

On this topic, yes.

I'm not trying to start a row here at all but I just wandered why you are pessimistic about this topic? Does it not seem at all weird that one of the worlds most successful businessmen would choose to dress up as Axl Rose at the launch of one of his stores along with 12 other people? Like I said previously in this post Richard Branson never seems to do anything without a reason!

The reason is because it's in style now!!!! Duh!! Roll Eyes

Famous people always dress "in Style"

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=23113.0

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2005, 09:45:21 AM »

For that, I don't see any reason to be pessimistic about this news.

a piece of widely reported news about a public stunt a certain English tycoon of some mega conglomerate pulled masquerading as Axl is irrelevant only to a GN'R board, I don't think.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2005, 12:12:41 PM »

this is the 3rd time this month we've seen people dressed up as Axl though! lol!
I guess I haven't been paying attention (as usual? Embarrassed )? Who were the other two?

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: