Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:14:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy - single in November?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy - single in November?  (Read 15304 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #80 on: November 01, 2005, 10:46:59 AM »

I donno but I personally don't remember seeing a very important CD release for the Christmas shopping season.

I thought that time of the year was for anthologies and compilations.

I know last year, U2's album came out in late November. I'd argue that was a pretty "important" CD release.? I'm sure there have been others.? Typically, though, you only get 1 or 2 per week over that 6 to 8 week period.? Like movies, the record companies really don't want to share shelf/advertising space with another "blockbuster".

You do see a lot of anthologies and compilations, too, because they make good gifts.

Edit:
For this year, right around Thanksgiving up to Xmas you have:

The new Madonna CD
The new Springsteen CD
The new Stones CD
The new Dave Matthews CD
The new Darkness CD
The new Korn CD

Those are some pretty heavy hitters, sales wise, in about a 4 week period.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/browse/-/465672/ref=m_mh_mn_nf/103-4607891-5078227
« Last Edit: November 01, 2005, 10:54:57 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #81 on: November 01, 2005, 10:56:54 AM »

November 29, 2005  INXS

Huh What's this? I love INXS but is it a real album or a re-re-re mastered Greatest Hits? Michael Hutchence is dead you know...

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #82 on: November 01, 2005, 10:58:50 AM »

November 29, 2005? INXS

Huh What's this? I love INXS but is it a real album or a re-re-re mastered Greatest Hits? Michael Hutchence is dead you know...

New album with their new lead singer, J.D. Fortune.? We "won" the Rock Star: INXS reality show that was on TV here in the states a few months back.? The show, for me, was pretty much unwatchable (I tried the first couple of eps).

The single is, I think, already being played. If I remember correctly it's "Pretty Vegas".

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
smeagol2124
Rocker

I will not go quietly

« Reply #83 on: November 01, 2005, 12:29:36 PM »

Interscope is putting a lot of cash and muscle behind Eminem's greatest hits album being released the first Tuesday in December.  I really see no way that there will be any GNR product in 2005.  An announcement maybe, but no product.
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #84 on: November 01, 2005, 01:21:11 PM »

I've heard that date mentioned but due to past history, put no faith in it
gnrfan1797
« Reply #85 on: November 01, 2005, 01:57:05 PM »

Interesting that Iowan and Australian sources have the SAME date... one probably just surfed the internet and found the other... but... who knows... Huh

On a side note... selfishly, an 11/29/05 release date would totally blow. That's like a week before my law school exams start. Please Axl... let me study!!! hihi

God don't let axl read this. You know how much he love's his fans. He might grant that wish lol
dENIS
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #86 on: November 01, 2005, 02:05:06 PM »

November 29, 2005? INXS

New album with their new lead singer, J.D. Fortune.? We "won" the Rock Star: INXS reality show that was on TV here in the states a few months back.? The show, for me, was pretty much unwatchable (I tried the first couple of eps).

The single is, I think, already being played. If I remember correctly it's "Pretty Vegas".

I really like new song.  J.D. sing very close has Michael did.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #87 on: November 01, 2005, 02:12:39 PM »

Yeah you're right.  I think it has shifted towards rap/hip hop and anthologies around Thanksgiving in previous years.  Two years ago it was Jay-Z.  I think last year U2 and the Nirvana set.  It seems like rock bands have been focusing on the summer releases which probably tie hand in hand with stadium tours and festivals, ie. Velvet in June 04, Weezer, Audioslave, Foo, NIN this summer in May and June.
Shifted in previous years? how was it before that?

It's the busiest season for everyone. Too many things to purchase for a short period.
I for one don't have much time for myself till Boxing Day. And all the important term exams...like Mao.
I doubt that it's really the best time to shatter the earth.

Yeah I bought 'How to dismantle an Atomic B' in the following Jan (this year Tongue ) and didn't listen to it much.
How about Achtung Baby? UYI ? Did they come out around thanksgiving as well?

Maybe I gonna look through the dates of historic album releases, starting from SGP zep2, ok comp and so on.
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #88 on: November 01, 2005, 02:24:58 PM »

UYI was released in September. Live Era was released in November.

If promotion starts this week, I could believe it but it just seems too "soon" to me.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #89 on: November 01, 2005, 02:32:28 PM »

Yeah you're right.? I think it has shifted towards rap/hip hop and anthologies around Thanksgiving in previous years.? Two years ago it was Jay-Z.? I think last year U2 and the Nirvana set.? It seems like rock bands have been focusing on the summer releases which probably tie hand in hand with stadium tours and festivals, ie. Velvet in June 04, Weezer, Audioslave, Foo, NIN this summer in May and June.

It's the busiest season for everyone. Too many things to purchase for a short period.
I for one don't have much time for myself till Boxing Day. And all the important term exams...like Mao.
I doubt that it's really the best time to shatter the earth.

Yeah I bought 'How to dismantle an Atomic B' in the following Jan (this year Tongue ) and didn't listen to it much.
How about Achtung Baby? UYI ? Did they come out around thanksgiving as well?

Maybe I gonna look through the dates of historic album releases, starting from SGP zep2, ok comp and so on.

I believe you are right ppbebe ok

Realistically, how much promotion do you see for any record? other than in Record stores upon releases (Cardboard standups and the like), you don't see too much.

When records are ready they release them. simple

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #90 on: November 01, 2005, 02:45:42 PM »

Interscope is putting a lot of cash and muscle behind Eminem's greatest hits album being released the first Tuesday in December.? I really see no way that there will be any GNR product in 2005.? An announcement maybe, but no product.

Is Geffen still under Interscope? I was under the impression that they no longer are..

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #91 on: November 01, 2005, 03:03:54 PM »

Aye neemo.  they'd know when to shake the earth.  I still think a promo n single would be nice tremors.

Ta will.

Live era is sorta like anthology or something of that fashion to my eyes.  yes

Deez Nuts
Rocker

Village Gorilla Neck

« Reply #92 on: November 01, 2005, 03:26:47 PM »

Yeah you're right.? I think it has shifted towards rap/hip hop and anthologies around Thanksgiving in previous years.? Two years ago it was Jay-Z.? I think last year U2 and the Nirvana set.? It seems like rock bands have been focusing on the summer releases which probably tie hand in hand with stadium tours and festivals, ie. Velvet in June 04, Weezer, Audioslave, Foo, NIN this summer in May and June.

I don't know, I didn't really put much thought about it.? It was just on the top of my head that it was weird how five of the more high-profile (popularity, ticket sales, record sales) rock bands out there who all had waited anywhere from 2.5-4 years to release a record would all do it within a 30 day span from mid-May to mid-June.? That being said, I think GNR could release anytime in the year, just not the week after Thanksgiving (to miss black friday by 4 days would be stupid after waiting over 10 years) and the first month after Christmas (obvioulsy because discretionary income is at the low point of the year).?

Fargo  Nov 15, 2002
NY       May 15, 2006
NY       May 17, 2006
Ames   Dec 1,   2006
Mpls     Dec 2,   2006
Sturgis Aug 13, 2010
Fargo Aug 11, 2021
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #93 on: November 01, 2005, 03:38:34 PM »

From 'you know where'...

http://www.sp1at.com/item.php?id=665

Sweetness is a virtue
chineseilusions
Sweet home Alabama
VIP

Now that's a llama

« Reply #94 on: November 01, 2005, 06:25:58 PM »

From 'you know where'...

Thanks,If this site is legit seems like management just wants us to sit back and wait.Seems it may be sooner than we think
boston
Rocker

diytvrocks.com

« Reply #95 on: November 01, 2005, 07:39:01 PM »

the only solid info I found was in the Music Austrralia link,
It said GNR-greatest Hits was announced by Geffen to be released March 6th, this is 3 months later than the rumors, and it says nothing about Chinese democracy

D.I.Y. TV SITE LINK

http://www.diytvrocks.com
conny
« Reply #96 on: November 01, 2005, 07:44:32 PM »

From 'you know where'...

Thanks,If this site is legit seems like management just wants us to sit back and wait.Seems it may be sooner than we think

If you read between the lines, it cleary says "Forget that GH deal, it's actually Chinese Democracy". Too good to be true...

From what I understand (there's been a dicussion about that some time ago - search for "how legit is sp1at" here if you are intrested) sp1at is some fans sending out e-mails and then re-packaging the responses as "interviews".

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #97 on: November 01, 2005, 07:45:27 PM »

It said GNR-greatest Hits was announced by Geffen to be released March 6th, this is 3 months later than the rumors, and it says nothing about Chinese democracy

Seems like it's been removed!

Sweetness is a virtue
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #98 on: November 02, 2005, 07:26:44 AM »

Seems like it's been removed!

I got an e-mail from a site visitor who says he e-mailed them. They told him that say they got the date from that Pause & Play site...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #99 on: November 02, 2005, 07:54:42 AM »

Hey guys,

Isn't putting some rummours out there an excelent way to promote a new album..?

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: