Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 05:23:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Are you liberal or conservative? Take this quiz
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Are you liberal or conservative? Take this quiz  (Read 7280 times)
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2005, 11:32:47 AM »

10 for me - Hillary Clinton. But in reality, Bill Clinton is my favourite one among all of them.

I'm libelal concerning the US policy, but conservative concerning the french one, and more generally the European one.
European lefties are too laxist concerning the security problems. They quickly panic, they are too "nice", while the conservatives have no problem to use force and to make people respect the law when it's necessary. I give a lot of importance to security problems.

Concerning the social policy, I'm definitely a liberal (in the American sense). Heath care should be for exverybody, it's not ia problem to pay taxes, it's for the country, for the poorest, it's necessary.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2005, 11:41:42 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2005, 11:48:54 AM »

Weirdly enough, I scored like SLC: 12 - weird because we disagree on many things!

Grin

Or not - lol. I guess I'm more liberal, but I think liberals (both in France and in the States) are really weak and don't have any political power. They have to wake up.

Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2005, 11:54:54 AM »

politics does not resume to left / right, conserv. / liber.

also thinking that "quick action" and " strong answers" like sarkozy in france might do, are just fake.

politics is not about quick solution and perfect answers. if a politician comes up with a strong speech and powerful methods : get the hell out of there.

a country is not a company or a factory.

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2005, 11:56:14 AM »

Jospin President? Grin

[Mode ironic off]

Seriously, the man was a great prime minister, maybe one of the best, he was brillant, but too bad he did nothing against insecurity. Too laxist.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2005, 02:02:10 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
purplehaze1988
Rocker

nur ihr konnt holland stoppen

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2005, 12:27:38 PM »

economic -1.5
soical -2.36

I've worked too hard for my illusions just to throw them all away.
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2005, 12:37:13 PM »

11 yes
sandman
Legend

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2005, 02:01:41 PM »

i scored a 22...just right of center, and closest to colin powell.  ok

this survey is such a joke though. first of all, you start at 0, and move up depending on certain answers. so any neutral answer (3 possible) keeps you closer to the far left-wing side instead of in the middle. very misleading.

also, there's a couple questions that have little to do with a "left" or "right" point of view.

19. Deceptive political campain commercials should be banned.

are republicans really FOR deceptive political commercials??? cause that's how it scores this question.

21. As a society, we should spend more money trying to find a cure for AIDS than for cancer and heart disease because AIDS threatens younger people.

what if i think equal amounts of money should be spent on both....does that really make me conservative???

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Sterlingdog
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2005, 03:29:03 PM »

21. As a society, we should spend more money trying to find a cure for AIDS than for cancer and heart disease because AIDS threatens younger people.

what if i think equal amounts of money should be spent on both....does that really make me conservative???

I know someone who is sooo far to the right that he would make Walk sound like Jesse Jackson, and he says we shouldn't try to cure AIDS because the people who get it are just stupid and therefor deserve to die.  But that wasn't one of the choices on the quiz.  (Thank goodness- I'd be worried if anyone actually picked it!)
SLCPUNK
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2005, 12:14:26 AM »

Weirdly enough, I scored like SLC: 12 - weird because we disagree on many things!

Grin

Or not - lol. I guess I'm more liberal, but I think liberals (both in France and in the States) are really weak and don't have any political power. They have to wake up.

Oh...the right wing posters will have a ball with that one......... "SLC scored the same as a Frenchman"  hihi

Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2005, 12:31:43 AM »

I know someone who is sooo far to the right that he would make Walk sound like Jesse Jackson, and he says we shouldn't try to cure AIDS because the people who get it are just stupid and therefor deserve to die.  But that wasn't one of the choices on the quiz.  (Thank goodness- I'd be worried if anyone actually picked it!)

Cure is a ridiculously strong word to use for viruses, especially AIDS. Trying to cure cancer, however, would lead to a lot of new side knowledge in genetics, microbiology, reproduction, gerontology, etc. For cancer, it's not just the goal, it's the road getting there, that's the reward. AIDS research doesn't yield quite as much useful side information.

You see, cancer is uncontrolled cellular reproduction. We learn a lot about how the body grows and ages by studying cancer. Cancer is slowly becoming more common, as well, and it certainly does affect young people. When research dollars/deaths are compared, AIDS gets much better funding than cancer. Cancer research simply gets more bang for the buck; that's why it's better.

But without cancer, people could live longer happier lives with social security, and government doesn't want that to happen.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2005, 12:51:50 AM »

are republicans really FOR deceptive political commercials??? cause that's how it scores this question.

Well you see us conservatives are an evil bunch hell-beant on world domination.  So of course we're for deceptive political commercials.  I'll tell ya right now what this quiz was for.  It was to try to get stupid people who didn't know who to vote for in the '96 presidential election to vote for Clinton rather than Dole.  That's why they have the scores for each of them at the end of the quiz.  They make the quiz so you score really low, then you take a look and see your score is really similar to the Clintons and you say, "well I guess I should vote for him."

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2005, 01:33:39 AM »

I scored a 13 which is interesting.

I am middle of the road, I have liberal tendencies and I have conservative tendencies.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2005, 06:38:09 PM »

I scored a 15. So, I'm right in line with Bill Clinton.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2005, 07:49:57 PM »

Well you see us conservatives are an evil bunch hell-beant on world domination.? So of course we're for deceptive political commercials.? I'll tell ya right now what this quiz was for.? It was to try to get stupid people who didn't know who to vote for in the '96 presidential election to vote for Clinton rather than Dole.? That's why they have the scores for each of them at the end of the quiz.? They make the quiz so you score really low, then you take a look and see your score is really similar to the Clintons and you say, "well I guess I should vote for him."

yup, definitely slanted to the left.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2005, 09:00:41 PM »

Heh heh heh...

21...pretty much right in the middle.

And I answered honestly, I swear.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Buddy J.B.
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2005, 04:44:17 AM »

I got a 12.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print