Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:31:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl Rose - #2 Coolest Old Person according to ElleGirl
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl Rose - #2 Coolest Old Person according to ElleGirl  (Read 5415 times)
newman
Opening Act

« on: October 24, 2005, 08:59:35 PM »

http://www.boston.com/ae/celebrity/articles/2005/10/24/hip_replacements/
http://www.boston.com/ae/celebrity/gallery/Coolest_Old_People?pg=2

Hip replacements
October 24, 2005

OK, Madonna, we've got good news and bad news. Good: The teenage readers of ELLEgirl love you, babe. Bad: They've voted you one of the world's ''Coolest Old People."

This according to an international survey in the magazine's November issue, on newsstands now. Granted, at 47, Madonna is among the youngest oldies on the list -- she ranks seventh, between Karl Lagerfeld (67) and Mick Jagger (62). The dubious honor also goes to Clint Eastwood (75), Elvis Costello (51), Julie Andrews (70), and -- at number two -- Axl Rose (43). The number one internationally cool old person? According to ELLEgirl readers, it's ''Grandparents." Whose? Everyone's, we suppose.

An ELLEgirl publicist insists that the list is pure, compiled from write-in votes. As for the reasoning . . . we can only guess. But for the sake of today's youth, we can offer some contenders of our own.

2. Axl Rose
Is Axl still relevant? Is it 1991? At 43, is Axl even old? You be the judge. Apparently; "ElleGirl" readers put the former Guns 'N Roses lead man in the number two slot.

WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 09:09:26 PM »

hahaha, oh man I feel a storm of anger coming up soon.  Remember people, its just a stupid magazine!  peace
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2005, 09:18:12 PM »

I that is pretty fucking cool.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
blasphemer
Banned
Rocker

Are You A Dead MonkeY?

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2005, 09:35:31 PM »

So basically he got #1 if you discount the parents.  I think thats a good sign.

Kayne West qoute "George Bush dont like black people".  Kayne West is like the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Shes a gold digger says it all.  His mind, his ideas, his art, is nothing short of genius.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2005, 09:40:25 PM »

Hmmm, Axl Rose = Grandparents. Time to change to some death metal bands...  Wink

Fuck 'Em All.
Jonathan
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2005, 12:49:52 AM »

Who cares?
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2005, 06:29:08 AM »

no one Jonathan. thats the beauty  Grin

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2005, 06:41:10 AM »

hahaha, oh man I feel a storm of anger coming up soon.  Remember people, its just a stupid magazine!  peace

Maybe, but wasn't he reading a stupid magazine when he fell in stupid lust for a stupid model for gave him a stupid heartbreak ?

seems like he did read them ( i do too, on the loo  Grin, no place like shitting place to read shit)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2005, 06:45:01 AM by Mademoiselle aka Jessica » Logged

Nothing to say
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2005, 11:34:39 AM »

Jolly good! uncle Axl virtually got the number one coolest OLD people! headbanger

( i do too, on the loo  Grin, no place like shitting place to read shit)

That's a place to make number one and two... yes

Is Axl still relevant? Is it 1991? At 43, is Axl even old? You be the judge. Apparently; "ElleGirl" readers put the former Guns 'N Roses lead man in the number two slot.

Wait, why the former?
FlashFlood
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2005, 11:54:52 AM »

hahahaha funny stuff

poop
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2005, 12:01:56 PM »

Wait, why the former?

Well, typically when a band doesn't release an album in over 10 years and all but 1 of the original members are gone, someone who didn't know any better would assume that Guns N' Roses didn't exist anymore.
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2005, 02:09:46 PM »

The biggest shame of all was Axl not putting out music while in his 30's.  That is crying shame.  He is getting old, we all are.

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2005, 03:47:44 PM »

That's so stupid.

43 is not old. 80 is old.

They make him sound like he's in a nursing home.

What a retarded magazine.

spacebrain5000
Rocker

feelin' like a space brain one more time tonight..

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2005, 04:04:12 PM »

well, 43 is pretty old to someone who's 12.

whatever man, i don't really care but i think it's neat, and am surprised tweens even know who axl is. i think that fact alone is cool.

robots.
jrs2001_99
Rocker

I can't believe you just said that

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2005, 08:28:20 AM »

That's so stupid.

43 is not old. 80 is old.

They make him sound like he's in a nursing home.

What a retarded magazine.

Well he's not getting any younger

http://www.theanswermusic.com/

The best true Irish rock band since Thin Lizzy
RichardNixon
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2005, 09:09:40 AM »

I've never heard of "ElleGirl." Is it like Teen Beat? 17? Or is it more like Cosmo? What age group reads ElleGirl. Also, it said "former" GNR frontman. Someone should tell them that Axl Rose is still the lead singer.

I guess this is one poll that Axl beat Cobain in hihi
damien24
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2005, 12:03:44 PM »

aaah,    the wheels of the publicity machine are slowly turning i see.
rainX
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2005, 01:47:23 PM »

this has been picked up by MTV.com:

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1512266/20051026/guns_n_roses.jhtml?headlines=true

Never mind the fact that Axl Rose hasn't been seen in years ? not since his reconfigured Guns N' Roses pulled out of their 2002 tour with eight stops to go. Forget that Guns N' Roses haven't released fresh material in more than six years (the track "Oh My God" appeared on the "End of Days" soundtrack in 1999). None of that matters to the teenage readers of Ellegirl magazine.

To them, even though Axl hasn't been a blip on pop culture's proverbial radar for years, he's still rad.

According to the results of the magazine's latest poll, which can be found in the new "Cool" issue, Rose, at the ripe age of 43, is one of the world's coolest old people. He ranked second in the survey (that's 10,000 girls worldwide, with about 4,000 of them U.S. citizens), right behind top vote-getter "grandparents." Whose grandparents? Everyone's grandparents, it seems.

Called "The Second Annual International Cool Survey," the poll covers all the basics ? coolest couple, coolest guy celeb, coolest band, and coolest person to be stuck in an elevator with (that person being Clay Aiken), among other categories.

GN'R's reclusive frontman ? who has been working on his long-overdue Chinese Democracy album for about a decade now ? wasn't the only recognizable name that made the cut. Clint Eastwood, who's 75, was third in the voting, followed by rocker Elvis Costello (51), Julie Andrews (70), designer Karl Lagerfeld (67), Madonna (47), Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger (62) and designer Vivienne Westwood (64).

? Chris Harris
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2005, 04:08:35 PM »

And UPI, which means it might appear in local papers all over the place:

Axl Rose named 'cool old person' by teens

LOS ANGELES, Oct. 26 (UPI) -- He's been out of the spotlight for years and is only 43, but former Guns N' Roses wailer Axl Rose is a "cool" old person to teenage girls worldwide.

The former Guns 'N Roses frontman was No. 2 -- behind only the collective "grandparents" -- in the poll of 10,000 teenage girls taken by Ellegirl magazine, MTV.com reported Wednesday.

Rose topped the celebrity list even though it's been more than six years since Guns N' Roses released a new song and no one has actually even seen him for years, MTV noted.

No. 3 in the voting was 75-year-old Clint Eastwood, followed by Elvis Costello, 51; Julie Andrews, 50; Karl Lagerfield, 67; Madonna, 47; the Rolling Stones Mick Jagger, 62; and Vivienne Westwood, 64.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2005, 05:14:16 PM »

You know, I'm surprised that more people aren't enthused by this.  A large number of teenagers, who obviously weren't around during the old GN'R-era, think Axl is cool - old or not.  That means that all these people will be curious to hear what the new record sounds like when word comes of its release.  If the record is good, which I'm sure it will be, a lot of these people will buy the record.  The best part of all is that this survey was conducted with a large enough sample pool, 10,000 people, that it seems to fair to say that it will be at least fairly representative of what a larger number of people in this age group think.

Bottom line:  This shows that Axl and the new GN'R may very well have a new generation of fans supporting them when the record drops.

Old or not, they still think he's cool!   ok

Ali
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: