Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 11:44:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Soap Operas
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Soap Operas  (Read 5806 times)
Carlos_f_Rose
« on: October 27, 2005, 12:59:10 AM »

Hi everyone how are you doing, I wonder if you like to watch soup operas, or if you hate them, personally I watch two, called Dos mujeres un camino, and El premio mayor Cheesy what about you? Wink

Edit: Corrected subject. Wink /jarmo
« Last Edit: October 27, 2005, 08:14:38 AM by jarmo » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 08:18:04 AM »

I don't really watch any of them. I don't think 24, West Wing and Sopranos are soaps....

Back in the 80s I remember watching Dallas though.....  Grin

Who shot JR?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2005, 08:50:08 AM »

Was it Sue Ellen or one of J.R.'s mistresses?  hihi

MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2005, 10:14:20 AM »

is the OC a soap opera? if so i just took the day to watch the second season on dvd. so i watch this one :X
yes i have a lot of free time in my hands cuz i got the flu and there's nothing better to do   ok

Chinese Democracy!
Evolution
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2005, 02:48:30 PM »

Grin Neighbours!

This show is pretty damn good. It's so cheesy but that's what makes it. My favourite character right now is Paul. He thinks he is so tough but he is crumbling right now. Well played by Stefan Dennis
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2005, 03:31:30 PM »

mmm well some people consider them crap, but hey some of them are interesting, and give us moments of amusement, for instance when you are sick like Meanbone, a good easy story will help you pass the bad moment Wink
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2005, 04:07:40 PM »

Dallas wasn't exactly a soap opera...in a true soap noone EVER goes outside and all they do all day, at home or at the office, is talk about their "issues"  Grin

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2005, 11:45:10 AM »

Hi everyone how are you doing, I wonder if you like to watch soup operas, or if you hate them, personally I watch two, called Dos mujeres un camino, and El premio mayor Cheesy what about you? Wink

Dos mujeres un camino? dude you like that? I really didn't like that one, even thou there's Erick Estrada in it but what a bad spanish he has.  hihi
El premio mayor isn't with this fat guy that won the lottery or something like that?
I'm not a soap opera guy, even thou I like Dawson's Creek  Embarrassed

No man can be my equal
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2005, 12:40:32 PM »

I used to be forced to watch the soaps since my mom dominated the tv before I was old enough to attend school. Im not embrassed to say that over the months of Y&R and As the world turns, I did observe alot of cheesy storylines but there was also stories so good you simply had to watch to see what would happen.

Right now, the only "soap" I really watch is the OC. Its starting to loose its edge/appeal for me since season 1 but its addictive nonetheless.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2005, 07:34:08 PM »

Dos mujeres un camino? dude you like that? I really didn't like that one, even thou there's Erick Estrada in it but what a bad spanish he has.? hihi
El premio mayor isn't with this fat guy that won the lottery or something like that?
I'm not a soap opera guy, even thou I like Dawson's Creek? Embarrassed

Well mr Dick, yes I like them, maybe Because I watch them at 2 am in the morning n there is nothing else or decent to watch... anyway, you are right Erik, doesnt have a correct spanish, on the other hand, yes El premio mayor is about this fat guy who wins the lottery, but hey, dawson's creek?  rant
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2005, 07:35:39 PM »

Well mr Dick, yes I like them, maybe Because I watch them at 2 am in the morning n there is nothing else or decent to watch... anyway, you are right Erik, doesnt have a correct spanish, on the other hand, yes El premio mayor is about this fat guy who wins the lottery, but hey, dawson's creek?  rant

Dude, Dawson's creek my teenage years makes me remeber that sereis  peace
Anyway that's kinda scary anyway  nervous

No man can be my equal
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2005, 07:41:57 PM »

mm there have been excellent soap operas around the world, and of course with all the respect venezuelan people deserve, there are the venezuelan ones, well, its about entertainment anyway, and sex...  have fun dudes...
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2005, 07:57:38 PM »

mm there have been excellent soap operas around the world, and of course with all the respect venezuelan people deserve, there are the venezuelan ones, well, its about entertainment anyway, and sex...  have fun dudes...
Well they all have the same history, the rich guy falls in love with the maid, and the maid was the lost child of an important rich guy. one word clich?.

No man can be my equal
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2005, 08:04:09 PM »

mm there have been excellent soap operas around the world, and of course with all the respect venezuelan people deserve, there are the venezuelan ones, well, its about entertainment anyway, and sex...? have fun dudes...
Well they all have the same history, the rich guy falls in love with the maid, and the maid was the lost child of an important rich guy. one word clich?.

hehe You are right man, in other order of things.

What do you guys think is the country that makes the best soap operas?

For me, M?xico... Its an entire industry of novels... have fun dudes....
Sterlingdog
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2005, 10:27:20 PM »

I hate soap operas.  Really, really hate them.  I've never seen anything but American soaps, but I get irritated anytime someone mentions them.  I work with two women who will go on and on about General Hospital and I'm shocked that an intelligent person can be entertained by that nonsense.  Children disappear off the show when they are 5 and return a year later and they are 18.  Doesn't anyone notice this?  No one is ever dead, and everyone has an evil twin.  And maybe a twin created by evil plastic surgery.  Not to mention that NOTHING ever happens on soap during the week.  The only time anything occurs is on Fridays, which end in a cliffhanger, only to not really be resolved on Monday.  And people get so involved in it!  One woman I work with talks about the people on GH like they are members of her family.  Of course, she's kind of an idiot anyway.

I watched soap operas until I was about 10 years old.  Then it hit me how ridiculous they were and I've never watched them since. 
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2005, 11:07:24 PM »

I hate soap operas.? Really, really hate them.? I've never seen anything but American soaps, but I get irritated anytime someone mentions them.? I work with two women who will go on and on about General Hospital and I'm shocked that an intelligent person can be entertained by that nonsense.? Children disappear off the show when they are 5 and return a year later and they are 18.? Doesn't anyone notice this?? No one is ever dead, and everyone has an evil twin.? And maybe a twin created by evil plastic surgery.? Not to mention that NOTHING ever happens on soap during the week.? The only time anything occurs is on Fridays, which end in a cliffhanger, only to not really be resolved on Monday.? And people get so involved in it!? One woman I work with talks about the people on GH like they are members of her family.? Of course, she's kind of an idiot anyway.

I watched soap operas until I was about 10 years old.? Then it hit me how ridiculous they were and I've never watched them since.?

mmm man you really hate 'em, with all the respect you deserve, it was amusing reading your post.
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2005, 08:46:40 AM »

I don't know which are good but my sister watch Colombians soap operas and the girls that apear on that show are  drool

Like las juanas with angie cepeda, just look this photo

Also theres other soap opera now that I can recall but the ladies there, OMG!  ok

mmm man you really hate 'em, with all the respect you deserve, it was amusing reading your post.

Dude isn't Sterling a girl?  nervous

No man can be my equal
Megaguns
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2005, 09:23:45 AM »

i watched the bold and the beautiful for like 2 months 4 years ago, then i recently watched it again and the same shit was happening, what a joke of a show.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2005, 12:33:56 PM »

I was brought up on nearly all the ones here in the UK so i say blame the parents there the reason i still watch 'em all, especially since i have an addictive personality, once i start watching something i struggle to stop after a few episodes...

The acting is poor, but there amusing because they are so bad and far fetched they're good but hey that's just me...
Sterlingdog
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2005, 02:21:16 PM »

Dude isn't Sterling a girl?? nervous

Yes, I am.  Thanks for noticing.  Wink
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: