Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 05:29:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228126 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Hillary Clinton attacked by Cindy Sheehan
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hillary Clinton attacked by Cindy Sheehan  (Read 19141 times)
sandman
Legend

« on: October 26, 2005, 02:20:51 PM »

interesting....

http://wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=46919

Cindy Sheehan, the so-called "peace mom" on a crusade to end U.S. involvement in the Iraq war, is publicly blasting Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-N.Y., for her continued support of the ongoing conflict.

"I think she is a political animal who believes she has to be a war hawk to keep up with the big boys," Sheehan writes in an open letter posted on anti-Bush filmmaker Michael Moore's website. "I would love to support Hillary for president if she would come out against the travesty in Iraq. But I don't think she can speak out against the occupation, because she supports it. I will not make the mistake of supporting another pro-war Democrat for president again: As I won't support a pro-war Republican."

"I believe that the intelligent thing for Democrats to do for 2006 and 2008 would be to come out strongly and correctly against the botched, bungled, illegal, and immoral occupation of Iraq," Sheehan added.

The California woman, whose son Casey was killed fighting insurgents in Iraq, launched an anti-war movement when she camped outside President Bush's Crawford, Texas, ranch in August and demanded to meet with the commander in chief, drawing national media attention.

She was granted a meeting with Sen. Clinton to discuss the war effort, but says the Democrat "apparently" didn't listen, as the senator told a reporter for the Village Voice, "My bottom line is that I don't want their sons to die in vain. ... I don't believe it's smart to set a date for withdrawal. ... I don't think it's the right time to withdraw."

"That sounds like Rush Limbaugh to me," Sheehan said. "That doesn't sound like an opposition party leader speaking to me. What Sen. Clinton said after our meeting sounds exactly like the Republican Party talking points I heard from Senators Dole and McCain."

"There's trouble in paradise out there on the far left extreme which has become the Democrat base," Limbaugh responded today on his national radio program.

"You don't do this, folks. You don't publicly as a Democrat disavow a Clinton and live to do it again. Well, you just don't do it again and again without something happening. So she's one gutsy lady or stupid, one of the two. But something's going to happen to this woman. Something's going to silence her."

On a political messageboard online, one writer notes, "Who would have thought that Hillary's candidacy could be in trouble because she's not far enough to the left?"

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2005, 02:56:09 PM »

Sheehan = nutjob

Imagine she thinks just because she meets with someone (in this case Hillary) and argues her point of view that that person should automatically start thinking like her.  Roll Eyes

Hillary has bigger things to worry about than siding with a far left wing nutjob...she is trying to position herself to run for president and, as was seen in the last election, its not smart to take an anti-war position during war time if you want to run for the presidency.

Why is this hard for Sheehan to see?
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2005, 04:55:25 PM »

ah no ! i love hillary i think she is/was sexy ! and i hope she gets to be president.

Sterlingdog
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2005, 05:08:54 PM »

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but I don't think Hillary or Bill are taking a pro-war standpoint.  Just because they have said we can't just withdraw doesn't mean they support the war.  I don't think we should be involved in that war, but to think we can just pull our troops out and go home is foolish.  That's what I thought she was saying, anyway.  Not that she was supportive of the war at all.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2005, 06:24:18 PM »

I am not a big Hillary fan, but I will give her credit on being realistic concerning Iraq.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Evolution
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2005, 06:26:22 PM »

Sad............judging by the title i expected a fight
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2005, 06:45:37 PM »

Sad............judging by the title i expected a fight

i would say a catfight !!!

Elaine: Ok, why? Why do guys do this? What is so appealing to men about a cat fight?
Kramer: Yeye cat fight

Surfrider
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2005, 10:35:09 PM »

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but I don't think Hillary or Bill are taking a pro-war standpoint.? Just because they have said we can't just withdraw doesn't mean they support the war.? I don't think we should be involved in that war, but to think we can just pull our troops out and go home is foolish.? That's what I thought she was saying, anyway.? Not that she was supportive of the war at all.
Well she voted for it.  I am sick of the free ride the left gets for this war.  They have brilliantly placed the entire war on the shoulders of GWB.  Of course Bush orchestrated the war, but I can't believe people listen to these people placing the entire blame on Bush and none on themselves. 

Yet, despite the facts that there is quote after quote after quote from those in the Clinton admin. and the far left talking about Suddam's wmds, people still think that Bush created this WMD thing so that the US could go to war for oil and make money for Halliburton.  It is so absurd it is almost funny. 
RichardNixon
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2005, 11:35:35 PM »

I think Cindy Sheehan hit the nail on the head.

Still, I'll vote for Clinton in 2008.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2005, 12:49:38 AM »

Let me get this straight DickNixon

U support the US pulling out of Iraq therefore allowing the insurgents to run rampant and murder innocent civilians by the hundreds of thousands?

U support that? How could u support that?

Cindy Sheehan is a lunatic who needs prozac. Your son got killed doing something HE BELIEVED IN, so go home and bake some cookies or something.

I mean Jesus on a ten speed this woman is really fucked up to me.

I dont understand why others cant understand that even though the war is not a good thing, we have a commitment to the Iraqi people now and have to see it through.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2005, 02:06:21 AM »

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but I don't think Hillary or Bill are taking a pro-war standpoint.  Just because they have said we can't just withdraw doesn't mean they support the war.  I don't think we should be involved in that war, but to think we can just pull our troops out and go home is foolish.  That's what I thought she was saying, anyway.  Not that she was supportive of the war at all.
Well she voted for it.  I am sick of the free ride the left gets for this war.  They have brilliantly placed the entire war on the shoulders of GWB.  Of course Bush orchestrated the war, but I can't believe people listen to these people placing the entire blame on Bush and none on themselves. 

Yet, despite the facts that there is quote after quote after quote from those in the Clinton admin. and the far left talking about Suddam's wmds, people still think that Bush created this WMD thing so that the US could go to war for oil and make money for Halliburton.  It is so absurd it is almost funny. 

First of all they voted to give the President power to decide to go to war. They did not vote to go to war. Big difference. Please don't try to change history here.

Second is that Bush took us to war, while Clinton did not. Bush ignored evidence that strongly suggested that WMD did not exist. The burden IS ON Bush's shoulders, since he is the one who took us to war. Period.

Since we have gone to war Halliburton's stock has doubled, Chenney's has skyrocketed to 8 million. Of course people are going to ask questions; as they should!

Nothing absurd or funny about that GNRNighttrain.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2005, 02:10:27 AM »

I dont understand why others cant understand that even though the war is not a good thing, we have a commitment to the Iraqi people now and have to see it through.

How about a commitement to our men and women who were supposed to protect this country?

Not nation build?

Just curious D. Would you have given a green light if the president said he wanted to send troops to Iraq for a regime change? Because that is all he wanted to do.......it was time for a regime change and he used our military, he lied to them, to do it.

I can think of nothing lower, with the exception of still supporting it.
RichardNixon
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2005, 05:20:36 AM »

Let me get this straight DickNixon

U support the US pulling out of Iraq therefore allowing the insurgents to run rampant and murder innocent civilians by the hundreds of thousands?

U support that? How could u support that?

Cindy Sheehan is a lunatic who needs prozac. Your son got killed doing something HE BELIEVED IN, so go home and bake some cookies or something.

I mean Jesus on a ten speed this woman is really fucked up to me.

We need to get the hell out of Iraq. Or at least have a plan. Staying there forever is not an option either. Mark my words, there will NEVER be a Western style democracy in Iraq. 90 percent of the Sunni's didn't take part in the elections or drafting of the constitution. There is already a civil war. Cindy Sheehan's son died because of a lie. He didn't die for what he believed in.  It's a lost cause now and we need to leave.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2005, 05:22:24 AM by RichardNixon » Logged
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2005, 07:19:59 AM »

I think this woman is getting way too much coverage on the media. I get it, she lost a son, and it's bad, and she feels that she needs to go demonstrating against the war. But she's "just" a mother, with no experience on the bigger scenario, how leaving now would effect everything. Something has to be learnt from this for future (one would've thought that would've been done about 40 years ago) , but you can't fix what's already been done.

I think, that at this point setting a 'set-in-stone-date' for withdrawl would be idiotic and dangerous. The Bush administration fucked up big time on Iraq, but it has to see this thing through, or it could be even a bigger of a disaster than it already is. Now they're involved. They have a responsibility. They can't just say "whoops, we fucked, up, our bad.. good bye". I think the only thing that could top this mistake-after-mistake-scenario would be to leave now and leave the country in total chaos.

Having said that. More effort should be put to having a solid exit strategy. There will be a point after which the US will have to leave, and trust that Iraq will be able to take care of itself. It's a fucked up situation with no obvious answers.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Surfrider
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2005, 09:06:31 AM »

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but I don't think Hillary or Bill are taking a pro-war standpoint.? Just because they have said we can't just withdraw doesn't mean they support the war.? I don't think we should be involved in that war, but to think we can just pull our troops out and go home is foolish.? That's what I thought she was saying, anyway.? Not that she was supportive of the war at all.
Well she voted for it.? I am sick of the free ride the left gets for this war.? They have brilliantly placed the entire war on the shoulders of GWB.? Of course Bush orchestrated the war, but I can't believe people listen to these people placing the entire blame on Bush and none on themselves.?

Yet, despite the facts that there is quote after quote after quote from those in the Clinton admin. and the far left talking about Suddam's wmds, people still think that Bush created this WMD thing so that the US could go to war for oil and make money for Halliburton.? It is so absurd it is almost funny.?

First of all they voted to give the President power to decide to go to war. They did not vote to go to war. Big difference. Please don't try to change history here.
You are changing history, as if this is significant at all.  I didn't see Hillary Clinton or John Kerry standing up crying to let the UN run its course.  Why weren't they more opposed to the war then than now?  I think its a convenient excuse to prevent sharing any blame. 

Second is that Bush took us to war, while Clinton did not. Bush ignored evidence that strongly suggested that WMD did not exist. The burden IS ON Bush's shoulders, since he is the one who took us to war. Period.
Exactly my point, you refuse to place any blame on any one else.  Sure Bush fucked up, I said this time and time  again.  But why can't you guys also place blame on these other people.  You let them sit and doublespeak and use conspiracy theories when they actually supported the war and thought Bush Suddam had WMDs.

For example, Nagin and Blanco were completely incompetent about Katrina.  However, any conservative that comes on here and tries to shift all of the blame to them and give Bush a free ride is just blinded by partisanship.

Since we have gone to war Halliburton's stock has doubled, Chenney's has skyrocketed to 8 million. Of course people are going to ask questions; as they should!

Nothing absurd or funny about that GNRNighttrain.
And France was making tons of money before the war because of the oil for foods program.  Does that mean that is why they opposed the war.  And OK Roll Eyes
sandman
Legend

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2005, 09:19:18 AM »

I think this woman is getting way too much coverage on the media. I get it, she lost a son, and it's bad, and she feels that she needs to go demonstrating against the war. But she's "just" a mother, with no experience on the bigger scenario, how leaving now would effect everything. Something has to be learnt from this for future (one would've thought that would've been done about 40 years ago) , but you can't fix what's already been done.

I think, that at this point setting a 'set-in-stone-date' for withdrawl would be idiotic and dangerous. The Bush administration fucked up big time on Iraq, but it has to see this thing through, or it could be even a bigger of a disaster than it already is. Now they're involved. They have a responsibility. They can't just say "whoops, we fucked, up, our bad.. good bye". I think the only thing that could top this mistake-after-mistake-scenario would be to leave now and leave the country in total chaos.

Having said that. More effort should be put to having a solid exit strategy. There will be a point after which the US will have to leave, and trust that Iraq will be able to take care of itself. It's a fucked up situation with no obvious answers.

it's funny you mention the amount of media attention she is getting. because a month ago she was on the news much more than she is now. in fact, this hillary story was barely reported by the main stream press.

could it be because now she's taking on the presidnetial hopeful on the left? hmmmm.

also, hillary has supported the war the entire time. can't spin it any other way. and she won't make the mistake of backing off her vote the way that idiot kerry did.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2005, 09:39:17 AM »

I've always thought she's had way too much attention.. After a while, I thought it was just fucking ridiculous how much attention she was getting when compared to the expertiese (sp?) she had on the situation. Out here, in Finland though... the media hasn't covered her basically at all.. the way it should be. After all, she really didn't effect any of our lives.? I haven't been following what Hillary has said about the war, nor at this point, do I care. We'll see about that a bit closer to the election.

I've never supported the war, and I never will. But I do think that you have to see the damn thing through now that you're out there.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2005, 07:22:17 PM by Skeba » Logged

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2005, 07:05:32 PM »

Whether you support the war or are against it, leaving now would tell the world we don't follow through with anything. Abandoning the Iraqis would not be a good idea. It would turn into a terrorist state, right next door to our good buddies in Iran who want to get the bomb so they can nuke Israel.

We do not need to set a date on when we are going to leave, but we do need to let the Iraqis know we won't be there to wipe their ass forever.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
SLCPUNK
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2005, 12:03:24 AM »

You are changing history, as if this is significant at all.  I didn't see Hillary Clinton or John Kerry standing up crying to let the UN run its course.  Why weren't they more opposed to the war then than now?  I think its a convenient excuse to prevent sharing any blame. 

I'm not rewriting anything. They voted to give him the power, not to defy UN and go into Iraq like the wild west. They have been very clear on this.

Exactly my point, you refuse to place any blame on any one else.  Sure Bush fucked up, I said this time and time  again.  But why can't you guys also place blame on these other people.

I don't "blame" anybody, because nobody else launched the Iraq War except Bush and his cronies.

And France was making tons of money before the war because of the oil for foods program.  Does that mean that is why they opposed the war.  And OK Roll Eyes

So were American companies homespice...........

France was opossed to Iraq because it was wrong. And guess what? France was right.

Nice that you switch it right to France when I point out Chenney's profits and Haliburtons stock increase.

People should be ashamed of that. People died for them to make money.
POPmetal
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2005, 03:32:31 AM »

SLC, I know you like to be partisan and blame everything on Republicans while excusing pretty much anything Democrats do, but you can't use the way the constitution delineates separation of powers between Congress and the President to avoid blaming Democrats for this war. The record is clear:

?Saddam Hussein certainly has chemical and biological weapons. There?s no question about that.? - House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi, November, 17 2002

"If we wait for the danger to become clear, it could be too late." - Delaware Senator Joe Biden, September 4, 2002

"We have to secure Iraq for our safety's sake" - Delaware Senator Joe Biden, September 2003

"Iraq both poses a continuing threat to the national security of the United States and international peace and security in the Persian Gulf region and remains in material and unacceptable breach of its international obligations by, among other things, continuing to possess and develop a significant chemical and biological weapons capability, actively seeking a nuclear weapons capability, and supporting and harboring terrorist organizations." New York Senator Hillary Clinton, February 5, 2003

"Every day Saddam remains in power with chemical weapons, biological weapons, and the development of nuclear weapons is a day of danger for the United States." - Connecticut Senator Joseph Lieberman, September 4, 2002

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program." - President Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983." - Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

You can't rewrite history SLC. Though, I must admit, people like you have done a good job out of turning this into a political football and hoodwinking plenty of people into thinking that Bush created the WMD thing to go to war for oil and to make money. It's you who should be ashamed for playing politics with an issue like this.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: