Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 08:29:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  2000 intentions-the robin finck quote from dec 1999 metal edge mag
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2000 intentions-the robin finck quote from dec 1999 metal edge mag  (Read 8600 times)
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2005, 07:54:39 PM »

I hope so. However I think THE MUSIC will determinate almost everything. People might forgive Axl for the Slash thing if the music is really awesome. But don't forget what i said, The new band will start from scratch.

Not really, as I said, they have the name, previous material to use etc. It's a little different to say Velvet Revolver. But anyway, let's agree to disagree.

I was thinking and this is probably really way off the mark. But to me, Axl's voice in the Live Era tracks, (we all know it was altered/engineered), was altered to sound a little like the new voice as heard in Oh My God for example. I've thought before that perhaps this was done on purpose to get the fans kind of used to the new voice so it doesn't sound as different when new material is released. Just a thought. To me some parts of his altered voice in those tracks sounds a lot like the Oh My God voice.

I think it was redone in the studio because his live singing on UYI was terrible for the most part and wouldnt have been up to the standard required for a quality release (see Tokyo vids)

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: