Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 10:17:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  2000 intentions-the robin finck quote from dec 1999 metal edge mag
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2000 intentions-the robin finck quote from dec 1999 metal edge mag  (Read 8615 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« on: October 23, 2005, 09:50:02 AM »

it said finck spent two years with gnr and said to have recrded several albums worth of material for the band.. One of those tracks a re recorded version of SCOM is slated for release on the gnr album 2000 intentions which is targeted for release by the end of the year/.. The says how he left gnr & is going to tour with trent for the fragile tour..

This issue also has many things with zakk wylde talking about his work with axl and the gnr on steroids comment..

I never followed this that closely, it was just me looking through my old metal edge mags

My questions is what happened to all the material, also the title 2000 intentions album as well which was slated for the years end.. Also how did the title go from 2000 intentions to CD... I know when axl spoke about OMG to kurt loder he mentioned cd so where does this other title or album come from.. Were there supposed to be 2 albums back then..  How the fuck did everything go so wrong.. ??
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2005, 10:03:04 AM »

I dunno... But I just saw an old article with Robin in 2000, when he left the band to join NIN. It's a interesting read:

http://thenewguns.com/MetaBB/viewtopic.php?p=34425#34425

Funny how Robin says how frustrating it was. Wonder how he feels now... Sad

Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2005, 12:46:02 PM »

Well I hope Axl has finished those damn lyrics by now!  Angry
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2005, 02:01:40 PM »

Funny how Robin says how frustrating it was.

What's so hard to understand? Two years and nothing happened. Any musician would be frustrated.  Undecided

Fuck 'Em All.
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2005, 02:05:25 PM »

Funny how Robin says how frustrating it was.

What's so hard to understand? Two years and nothing happened. Any musician would be frustrated.? Undecided

He meant that now we're in 2005, Robin is in the band (whatever it means) and there is still no sign of the album. So imagine the frustration Robin has right now.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2005, 03:10:16 PM »

so what is the difference between 2000 intentions and chinese democracy..? or the relation between the two albums layed down from robin or the two axl said he had??
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2005, 03:37:53 PM »

I also found another old (nov 1999 ) metal edge and in the metal wire area which is gossip and fast facts they say... Guns n roses is rumored to have 2 albums worth of material and axl will be touring with a bunch of revolving guitar players like brian may.. Thenit said there will also be a song for arnold's new movie end of days
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2005, 03:43:21 PM »

Everybody has a limit, Axl knows that and wants the album out just as bad as we do, hopefully the Judge will send Slash and Duff walkin so Axl can release an album with the name Guns N Roses without ex members trying to envolving themselfs in some twisted way to another lawsuit.

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
Ax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2005, 04:13:33 PM »

The ablum name 2000 Intentions was what the album was going to be called when it was planned to be released before or during the year 2000. But when it became clear that it would not be released until after the year 2000, the name 2000 intentions didn't make much sense so Axl came up with the name Chinese Democracy.

And who knows what has happened to all the material that has been recorded over the years. I'm sure there are hundreds and hundreds of songs at various stages of completion on discs somewhere. A lot of these songs are probably just instrumental parts or half-finished song demos, but hopefully one day years from now Axl will decide to release a huge boxset with everything he recorded over the past 10 years in it. It would be really cool to hear how the album evolved from the mid-90s to whatever it is like when it is finally released. Obviously, only the most hardcore gnr fans would be interested in buying such a boxset, but it would sure be a nice thing for Axl to do as a way of saying thanks to all of us who have stuck with him all this time.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2005, 04:27:50 PM »

there`s nothing really new in this article, but i wonder that robin actually said this to a magazine, since he signed a confidential agreement.  by the way i think that the lyrics are completed now, but there are other things holding up a release. ( axl doesn`t feel like releasing an album Roll Eyes)

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2005, 04:38:13 PM »

there`s nothing really new in this article, but i wonder that robin actually said this to a magazine, since he signed a confidential agreement.? by the way i think that the lyrics are completed now, but there are other things holding up a release. ( axl doesn`t feel like releasing an album Roll Eyes)

I never said it was new, but it was new to ME... I just wondered how they had so much material and a name like 2000 intentions with a end of year talk then 6 years later there is still nothing.. I had always knew chinese d but I never knew the other..
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2005, 11:54:40 AM »

there`s nothing really new in this article, but i wonder that robin actually said this to a magazine, since he signed a confidential agreement.? by the way i think that the lyrics are completed now, but there are other things holding up a release. ( axl doesn`t feel like releasing an album Roll Eyes)

I never said it was new, but it was new to ME... I just wondered how they had so much material and a name like 2000 intentions with a end of year talk then 6 years later there is still nothing.. I had always knew chinese d but I never knew the other..
that wasn`t addressed to you mikegiuliana peace

i just meant there were no new facts in the article, but i never heard a band member of gnr saying something that explicit about the studio work.

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2005, 09:53:50 PM »

Interesting question, Mike. I have also always wondered how 2000 Intentions morphed into CD, and when it did, no one seemed to notice it or make a big deal about it. Anytime a 2000 Intentions thread gets created, it always dies a quick death. I dont think anyone really knows about it. Axl has never really commented about the name change, so people dont know what to say. I also believe it was probably going to be two seperate albums. When he decided against that concept, he stuck with the eerily metaphoric 'Chinese Democracy'. Most people dont see how the 2000 Intentions title was also metaphoric. You know how 'intending to do something and actually doing it are two different things'. Its also possible that 2000 Intentions was going to be that Industrial Techno album, but when Axl scrapped that idea he also scrapped the album title. But you're right, both album titles were mentioned in the same year(1999), and that would seem as though 2 seperate albums were being planned. Just add 2000 intentions to the mountain sized pile of GNR mystery. Hopefully Axl will be asked about this if he ever does an interview again. I'm surprised it was never brought up in 2002.

sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2005, 10:05:01 PM »

August 14th, 1999 - Guns N' Roses Double Up

Guns N' Roses are preparing to end their lengthy silence, as they finish up work on two new studio albums, both of which are being produced by Sean Beavan and expected to be released simultaneously in October. The two, as yet untitled, albums feature the new line-up of vocalist Axl Rose, guitarists Robin Finck and Paul Huge, keyboard player Dizzy Reed, drummer Josh Freese and bassist Tommy Stinson. One source close to the band describes the new material as being, "Cleaner and fatter, but completely Guns N' Roses. Despite the rumours, there's no hint of any techno or industrial influences."

2000 Intentions and Chinese Democracy? Could've been. God, I wish would've been.

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2005, 10:08:46 PM »

2000 Intentions and Chinese Democracy? Could've been.

I think they meant Appetite For Destruction (Re-recorded) and Chinese Democracy.

Fuck 'Em All.
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2005, 10:11:29 PM »

Nope. Further on the article:

"Also, on the Guns' horizon is a third new album, this one being a live record featuring mostly "Appetite For Destruction" - era material. This will include a revamped version of the classic "Sweet Child O'Mine"."

It would've been like a live record from the '02 tour.

edit: Which would actually explain the said tour and its setlist, yet only time will tell is AFD Live still in the cards.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2005, 10:13:04 PM by sic. » Logged

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2005, 10:13:14 PM »

It would've been like a live record from the '02 tour.

Very nice.

Fuck 'Em All.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2005, 10:38:52 PM »

Its sad how Axl had such grandiose plans that ended up turning into nothing. I know most of you disagree, but I still think it was the negative reaction to 'Oh My god' that derailed his projects. Had 'The Blues' been on End of Days, we would be speculating about album number 2 or 3 instead of spending the last 6 years dreaming of album number 1.

sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2005, 10:48:24 PM »

Up to a degree, I agree with you there james. In '99, there was OMG in End of Days, SCOM in Big Daddy, Live Era, Axl's first proper interview in years. Such activity doesn't happen by fault. They were certainly going towards something, whatever it might've been.

edit: I also blame End of Days. A different song might've not made that much difference, as the film did a somewhat disappointing result in the box office. Now, if Axl would've put a ballad like The Blues into film like The Green Mile, that would've been something else.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2005, 11:01:57 PM by sic. » Logged

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2005, 02:19:58 AM »

so true between live era sales and oh my god there really wasn't the demand for gnr like the past.. Everyone was stuck on korn. limp, kid rock...  Was just bad timing.. Gnr today as a whole is seen as rock icons, then tehy were still seen as a hairband to some..

I think now a song like scom on a big movie soundtrack might enter the charts again on mainstream or modern rock.. So those 3 not so great responses to gnr work must have left axl down and doubting himself...

After reading this article no one can say the fans shouldn't have expected anything,.. There was multiple album talks and even months
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: