Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 10:32:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Hetfield/Metallica and Axl
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hetfield/Metallica and Axl  (Read 3244 times)
madagas
« on: October 21, 2005, 01:39:00 PM »

I actually watched their documentary on VH1 last night. I have to say that Hetfield has a lot of nerve giving Axl shit. He was the biggest fucking douche bag I have ever seen in my life on tape. It was embarrassing to watch these grown men act like complete self absorbed pussies-except for their lead guitar player-forgot his name but he is cool. I am so glad Gnr broke up and never got to that stage of silliness in their career. No wonder their last album tanked. That was about as rock and roll as a Britney Spears documentary. They are more than over as a creative force in rock. rant
« Last Edit: October 21, 2005, 01:40:46 PM by madagas » Logged
Evolution
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2005, 01:53:48 PM »

Here is a happier time
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2005, 01:57:23 PM »

Whoa! Who're the chicks on either side of Slash, Axl and Lars?  Wink

Fuck 'Em All.
Evolution
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2005, 01:58:26 PM »

I think the one to the right of Lars is a cross breed between Duff and Mr. Mustaine they were working on?
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2005, 01:59:20 PM »

At least Metallica has a recent album and tour and videos and everything associated with a functioning band. ?If you thought this was bad what do you think a docu on Axl's sorry ass would be like? ?
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2005, 02:01:34 PM »

At least Metallica has a recent album and tour and videos and everything associated with a functioning band.

Yeah, St. Anger was really cool  Roll Eyes. I rather wait than have Axl put out some shit like that.

I think the one to the right of Lars is a cross breed between Duff and Mr. Mustaine they were working on?

I swear, the guy on the left is Kull The Konqueror.  hihi

Fuck 'Em All.
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2005, 03:32:07 PM »

A recent album means nothing when it's shit.

I'd rather hear the UYI's all night.

Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2005, 04:06:23 PM »

A recent album means nothing when it's shit.

I'd rather hear the UYI's all night.

Thats right, quality over quantity.  After all these years, CD better be some quality stuff.  Wink

GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2005, 06:07:40 PM »

gnr vs metallica is a real clear example of quality over quantity.  Someone told me that metallica has more hits then gnr, my response was they ve been making music for over 20 years together, as opposed to gnr's duration of 5 years. So id take GnR over metallica anyday

Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2005, 06:20:00 PM »

gnr vs metallica is a real clear example of quality over quantity.? Someone told me that metallica has more hits then gnr, my response was they ve been making music for over 20 years together, as opposed to gnr's duration of 5 years. So id take GnR over metallica anyday

Not only that,  6 GNR albums, if you count the GH disc, up against all of Metallica albums, and GNR have still sold more worldwide.  Thats pretty good considering GNRs stretch was only 7 years.

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2005, 06:58:59 PM »

Here is a happier time

Who's the dude all the way on the left?  And when was this picture taken?  If Axl and Slash are in it its obviously from after Mustaine was kicked out of Metallica, so why does he look to be so friendly with Lars?

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Evolution
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2005, 07:14:18 PM »

Monsters of Rock '88?
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2005, 08:28:42 PM »

If I had to guess who the dude on the left was I'd say Dan Spitz from Anthrax.  He looks a little too tall to be Spitzy though.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2005, 10:27:21 PM »

I actually watched their documentary on VH1 last night. I have to say that Hetfield has a lot of nerve giving Axl shit. He was the biggest fucking douche bag I have ever seen in my life on tape. It was embarrassing to watch these grown men act like complete self absorbed pussies-except for their lead guitar player-forgot his name but he is cool. I am so glad Gnr broke up and never got to that stage of silliness in their career. No wonder their last album tanked. That was about as rock and roll as a Britney Spears documentary. They are more than over as a creative force in rock. rant

*watches madagas's head explode*

...coool... I've missed that.

There was something cool about the documentary; seeing musicians in a studio actually release the music they made is insane. I almost forgot what that was like. Kirk Hammet is a bad ass.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2005, 10:31:34 PM by misterID » Logged

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Jonathan
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2005, 05:00:43 AM »

I like Metallica.. But I got to agree with you, James Hetfield is one big douche bag
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2005, 06:29:31 AM »

At least Metallica has a recent album and tour and videos and everything associated with a functioning band.

Yeah, St. Anger was really cool  Roll Eyes. I rather wait than have Axl put out some shit like that.

Exactly... St. Anger is an embarrassment to music, it'd be better to have nothing than to have that pile of shit tarnish the legacy.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Eugene Klein
Rocker

--Powder on wound--

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2005, 07:57:57 PM »

Monsters Of Rock '88 - Donington
(The videoclip of Paradise City shows some footage from this gig)
The guy from the left is Jeff Young, former Megadeth guitarrist.
This is the infamous date when some members of the audience died.
Also Axl and Lars joined Megadeth during Anarchy In The UK.
More pics here? ? http://www.gnrontour.com/sets1988/19880820photos.html

??\\\ G.A.S. ///??
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2005, 01:27:45 AM »

Yeah, St. Anger was really cool? Roll Eyes. I rather wait than have Axl put out some shit like that.

Exactly... St. Anger is an embarrassment to music, it'd be better to have nothing than to have that pile of shit tarnish the legacy.

While I agree, St Anger isn't Metallica's best effort, it's hardly a pile of shit as you put it. It has some great songs - Frantic, St. Anger, Some Kind Of Monster, Sweet Amber, All Within My Hands. I don't know why people bash that abum so much. Oh yeah, they bash it because James Hetfield doesn't like Axl Rose... confused

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2005, 05:33:19 AM »

I don't know why people bash that abum so much. Oh yeah, they bash it because James Hetfield doesn't like Axl Rose... confused

Are you f***ing serious? They bash it because a) it's horrible b) they were hugely disappointed in it c) they spent their money on it, and wish they hadn't done so.

Dragging Axl into this just makes no sense. Trust me, this is by far not the only forum were people have expressed their resentment toward St. Anger.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
AxlisOld
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2005, 05:40:24 AM »

Some kind of monster made me do 2 things. Lose all respect for Hetfield with his incessent whining (go back to alcohol james...its your friend), and gain a whole lot of respect for Lars, being pissed off that they sit around talking about their feelings.
Favorite quote: "we sold twenty million records on pent up rage and anger, now we have to sit around talking about our fucking feelings. Fuck that, I'm just gonna sit here and stew in my anger." Lars Ulrich
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: