Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 02:09:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228114 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Latest Theory 2000-2005
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Latest Theory 2000-2005  (Read 6585 times)
W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« on: October 20, 2005, 03:00:31 PM »

I try to keep my topics......"good"

not sure if this qualifies, but here is what i think happened:

i think velvet revolver really affected axl. i think their success bothered him, and threw him off-track. if everything in the world was right, axl would have release this album already. but i really think VR threw a monkey wrench into Axl's thought process, so things were wrong and thats why the delays.

does VR still bother him? tough answer, but i totally believe VR put some speed bumps in Axl's road. we might never see this album, b/c quite frankly, axl is too self-conscious.
coondogg
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2005, 03:30:34 PM »

I wonder how long it will take for this to turn into a GNR vs VR thread?  Roll Eyes
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2005, 04:05:03 PM »

It already is GNR-VR. Not a good "theory". You should change the title of the thread. When I saw it, I thought you would discuss the things that have happened since 2000. Instead, its a lame attempt at trying to start GNR vs VR shit.

W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2005, 04:07:48 PM »

jameslofton....you're the only poster on here that is truly annoying....dont you have a life?

im not trying to start anything regarding gnr vs vr...its a theory about axl's reaction to VR. i could care less in comparing the two bands. you CANNOT really compare them.

this is about axl's reaction to vr.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2005, 04:09:39 PM »

I think the only effect VR had on GN'R was that some members sued Axl....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2005, 04:14:33 PM »

i think velvet revolver really affected axl. i think their success bothered him, and threw him off-track. if everything in the world was right, axl would have release this album already. but i really think VR threw a monkey wrench into Axl's thought process, so things were wrong and thats why the delays.

does VR still bother him? tough answer, but i totally believe VR put some speed bumps in Axl's road. we might never see this album, b/c quite frankly, axl is too self-conscious.

Why would VR bother Axl? I think slash and duff suing axl had a bigger effect than anything since I think slash said back in the day that axl always put all his efforts into the times he was sued.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
FlashFlood
Rocker

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2005, 04:15:50 PM »

there is no doubt in my mind that VR effected GNR. after a million years of delays and everything, when you are finally ready to put an album out, you need the right time to do it. VR had a huge album, and competing against that would be tough. i believe that axl is waiting for the wave to settle down a little bit, then hit the public with his record.

poop
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2005, 04:17:10 PM »

/jarmo

Yep absolutely. Axl is in the fight of his creative life right now.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2005, 04:17:27 PM »

Why would VR bother Axl? I think slash and duff suing axl had a bigger effect than anything since I think slash said back in the day that axl always put all his efforts into the times he was sued.

This is a good point. ?If Axl is worried about losing control over his income and rights to the GN'R catalogue, he's not gonna be able to give CD the time and effort I think we expect - which would be 100%. ?This court case is going to have to be finalized before any announcement for Cd will be made IMO. ?I just hope Slash and Duff drop the frivolous lawsuit attacking Axl for stealing their royalties.
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2005, 04:34:46 PM »

Why would Axl be concerned with a shitty half-assed album?
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2005, 04:49:20 PM »

I wonder how long it will take for this to turn into a GNR vs VR thread?? Roll Eyes

Why would Axl be concerned with a shitty half-assed album?

About 7 post coondog.
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2005, 07:24:55 PM »

I wonder how long it will take for this to turn into a GNR vs VR thread?? Roll Eyes

hehe, You re right man

deliverthecow
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2005, 07:53:19 PM »

VR has nothing to do with Axl not releasing an album. That all rests on Axl's shoulders. If these new rumours that speculate a Spring release are true, VR's new album's target release is also in the Spring. So if VR was the hold up on Axl's new album he would not target it for the Spring. He isnt stupid and i guarentee he checks up on to what those guys are doing so i am sure he is aware that the new VR album is due in the Spring. I actually think it will totally rock if they are released close to each other. It would be great to watch VR and GnR compete (hopefully) at the top of the charts like Guns and Leppard did back in 88-89. ok
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2005, 08:23:38 PM »

If these new rumours that speculate a Spring release are true, VR's new album's target release is also in the Spring. So if VR was the hold up on Axl's new album he would not target it for the Spring.

But you forgot about CD bieng delayed at around that point...

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2005, 08:33:30 PM »

/jarmo

that I believe is the MAJOR development with an effect on Axl's life / career.
RichardNixon
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2005, 12:13:37 AM »

While it is all speculation and we can?t know for sure, I wouldn?t at all be surprised if VR?s success had an impact on Axl. It would be like if your ex-girlfriend and some guy you sort of knew around school were voted prom queen and king.   
KOK
Headliner

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2005, 06:21:30 AM »

there is no doubt in my mind that VR effected GNR. after a million years of delays and everything, when you are finally ready to put an album out, you need the right time to do it. VR had a huge album, and competing against that would be tough. i believe that axl is waiting for the wave to settle down a little bit, then hit the public with his record.

Yeah right, so why doesn`t he release CD now? If this theory was true, now would be the perfect timing. So what is Axl waiting for - a second VR album maybe? In my opinion he doesn`t give a fuck about  anyone. He will release CD when he feels like it, or if he feels like it.
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2005, 06:28:13 AM »

it is an interesting point.  I think it certainly would have affected axl - lawsuits and all!  whether he is content in the fact that when CD comes out it he feels there is no comparison between VR and GnR and the delay is a culmination of many factors - or perhaps it has affected him to see the guys out there and making a big splash musically again.

Maybe axl is happy they have done so well and is looking even more forward to showing them who the true boss is again tho!

If VR and GNR both release next year - it will be IMMENSE.  hihi
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2005, 10:03:04 AM »

I rather suppose it might scare the nightlight out of Axl if the three ex-guns together couldn't make any success at all.  Tongue Or maybe he wouldn't give a fart either way.
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2005, 10:24:06 AM »

I think Axl would like to release CD at the same time VR releases a new album.  I sure as hell would be anything GnR before VR

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: