Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 04:17:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Racists on this board?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Racists on this board?  (Read 8305 times)
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« on: October 19, 2005, 06:23:00 PM »

It's often thrown out in a discussion that certain members of this board are racists and use racism to make their points.  The only names I've ever heard mentioned are Walk and Charity Case, both of which are not racist in my opinion (please show me a link where it was clear that these or anyone else made a serious racist comment).  Because I believe racism to be a serious offense and claim, I'd like some of our more infamous "racism" callers to point out what comments are racist and who said them.  I'm doing this because I'd like to keep this as a reference for the next time someone drops the word racist when they reply to a conservative idea they don't like.  Many of you say there are racist on this board, I'm asking you to proove it.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2005, 06:32:05 PM »

Walk hides behind words like "natural selection" for his racist comments. And has posted links to white supremacy websites cloaked in junk science.

While Charity Case uses the  "it was a joke" as his shield. Or "can't you wimps take a joke" or "Boo hoo hoo, you all are soooo sensitive."

Pretty straight forward. In fact CC was banned for using a racist comment prior.

Do a search. Why should anybody have to search for you? It's all right there.

Another racist comment was made in the hurricane thread....something along the lines of "Going back to get their Shaft DVD's"....purely racist. Of course the reply was "I was only kidding".
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2005, 07:33:35 PM »

please show me a link where it was clear that these or anyone else made a serious racist comment.?

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=16441.msg283009#msg283009

Charity Case's old username.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Chris Misfit
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2005, 07:42:06 PM »

Walk hides behind words like "natural selection" for his racist comments. And has posted links to white supremacy websites cloaked in junk science.

I find that a bit unfair. I don't know the guy that well, but have probably spoke to him more than anyone here. The fact he uses right wing websites means nothing. I'm very open to admit I listen to some right wing music, am I racist? Obviously there's a point I will go. But anyone can make some sense, no matter who they are, or what their belief. And just for the record, I dislike left and right, I've always stood up for myself, and don't need to hide behind a label, or a RATM album, as seems to be the trend.

Religon kills everything.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2005, 07:55:51 PM »

I find that a bit unfair. I don't know the guy that well, but have probably spoke to him more than anyone here. The fact he uses right wing websites means nothing. I'm very open to admit I listen to some right wing music, am I racist? Obviously there's a point I will go. But anyone can make some sense, no matter who they are, or what their belief. And just for the record, I dislike left and right, I've always stood up for myself, and don't need to hide behind a label, or a RATM album, as seems to be the trend.

Religon kills everything.

I didn't say anything right wing, nor did I mean right wing.

Chris Misfit
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2005, 08:03:26 PM »

Sorry, white supremecy.

It's a big hub-bub about nothing, because this board has become completly lob sided by a bunch of do gooders. It's worse than being in church.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2005, 08:09:55 PM »

Another racist comment was made in the hurricane thread....something along the lines of "Going back to get their Shaft DVD's"....purely racist. Of course the reply was "I was only kidding".

What, did you think that was actually what happened for a moment?

I hate all of this 'racism' bullshit, or rather what we are told to believe is racism because there are some people that don't like to hear things that are too close to a view or opinion that, in this day and age, is still held by some people.

I know that I am not racist. Yet I am fully aware of what racism is. But I can laugh at a racist jokes. Why?

If you have the capability of realising why they are funny, and look past that they are using a 'taboo' then maybe you can learn to understand them better...

If you are capable of understanding them in context; being that it is often a joke aimed at a society that could be ridiculous enough to give a fucking shit about skin colour in the first place, then maybe you will understand them better.

Now, how would I have dealt with a joke like that? (I'm refering, of course, to the one you referenced...I have done no homework on this guy) I would have told hime that it was inapropriate, not the right place, edited it and that would be that.

Maybe you have read what I just typed with an open mouth...that depends on how open minded you are, or rather, have the capability to be when required, or even, when you want to.

See, to understand the racist, you have to understand where it stems from. And it isn't the racist joke. A racist *joke* only becomes truly racist in nature when it becomes the exception. What I mean by this is that, when a joke [supposadly] offensive to black people can be funny, while a reference to the trailer trash [a nice synonym for white people, is it not?] of this world is not.

Though, after all, what is offensive? And we find we have come full circle... Now, I don't know. I think too deeply into such matters, and thus maybe the point of view that I have attempted to illustrate has become coloured...(Or, colored?)

Just so I am clear, I do not condone jokes of a racist nature on this board. I can appreciate that not all are comfortable with them. But, believe me that I speak true when I say, 'offensive' jokes are not the evil upon which this world is crumbling...

That, my friend, lies in far more tempting ventures, and the racist joke, on a grand scale, should be of little concern.

But, I digress...

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2005, 08:11:03 PM »

Sorry, white supremecy.

It's a big hub-bub about nothing, because this board has become completly lob sided by a bunch of do gooders. It's worse than being in church.

Well yea if that were the case.

But when somebody gives a link to a white power website then that is a bit overboard. He was asking about racism after all. And if a poster is going to claim the white race superior....that's a bit much. That isn't left vs right IMO, it's just right vs wrong.

I find any "white power" or neo nazi supporters offensive. To me neo nazis condone the murder of thousands of people and violence against others.  I don't think it's fair to lump that in with what you are talking about.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2005, 08:17:44 PM by (+ 1 Hidden) » Logged
SLCPUNK
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2005, 08:16:25 PM »

Just so I am clear, I do not condone jokes of a racist nature on this board. I can appreciate that not all are comfortable with them. But, believe me that I speak true when I say, 'offensive' jokes are not the evil upon which this world is crumbling...

I'm not saying they are. I'm just saying that somebody can (and will) make a racist remark and then when it is questioned answer "Gee whiz I was only joking."

The post is not about "racist jokes" the post was about racism and how it rears it's ugly head on this board.

I understand what you are saying though. 

But racist jokes are just that...racist.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2005, 08:18:22 PM by (+ 1 Hidden) » Logged
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2005, 08:20:48 PM »

To address an issue, you must also in turn address any relevant sub-issues. They're usually just as interesting, and sometimes even more so, anyway.? Smiley

Plus, I care little for a discussion of racism in terms of the board.

If there is outright racism displayed, then ban them.

It is as simple as that.

But, remember:

'I may not like what you say...'

Grin

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
POPmetal
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2005, 08:24:24 PM »

please show me a link where it was clear that these or anyone else made a serious racist comment.?

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=16441.msg283009#msg283009

/jarmo

He just goes off at al qaeda in that post because of 9/11. what's racist about that Huh
SLCPUNK
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2005, 08:25:23 PM »

please show me a link where it was clear that these or anyone else made a serious racist comment. 

/jarmo

What a crazy thread. All the good ones are on there (now back with new names..... Grin) even holy war was on there!

Oh....the memories....... hihi
Evolution
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2005, 08:26:10 PM »

He just goes off at al qaeda in that post because of 9/11. what's racist about that Huh

I think it was the uncalled for "towel" slur
POPmetal
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2005, 08:27:25 PM »

Saying "towel heads" is racist ?rofl

I wish Jarmo ran the US elections. That would automatically get Hilary out of the way. Surely her Ghandi runs a gas station comment should disqualify her racist ass from running ?hihi

Well, I for one, always thought it was "diapers"
Evolution
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2005, 08:32:21 PM »

It is more than just a towel to muslims! It has meaning so i don't it should be made fun of really myself. Also that smelly jibe wasn't needed
POPmetal
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2005, 08:33:50 PM »

He was talking about all Qaeda, not muslims in general. As far as I'm concerned, when it comes to talking al Qaeda, all gloves are off.
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2005, 08:34:16 PM »

It's often thrown out in a discussion that certain members of this board are racists and use racism to make their points.? The only names I've ever heard mentioned are Walk and Charity Case, both of which are not racist in my opinion (please show me a link where it was clear that these or anyone else made a serious racist comment).? Because I believe racism to be a serious offense and claim, I'd like some of our more infamous "racism" callers to point out what comments are racist and who said them.? I'm doing this because I'd like to keep this as a reference for the next time someone drops the word racist when they reply to a conservative idea they don't like.? Many of you say there are racist on this board, I'm asking you to proove it.

Well, I havent been insulted, in these threads,... ?never, but Once I talked to a girl who was from Argentina, and she was really nice, until she found out, that I was from Bolivia -- wich I told her-- and she refused to talk to me anymore she didnt say a racist comment but, she never talked to me again... and that hurts specially because People judge you, without even knowing you... I think everybody suffers some kind of discriminnation in their lives, but, that specially touched me, for the way indiference...
Evolution
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2005, 08:36:55 PM »

He was talking about all Qaeda, not muslims in general. As far as I'm concerned, when it comes to talking al Qaeda, all gloves are off.

Fair enough. I guess our opinions differ.

Basically this board gets really over the top when it comes to political threads so this is my "let's leave this thing" post  Wink
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2005, 10:08:52 PM »

Saying "towel heads" is racist  rofl

(U.S.) anyone who wears a head turban. Derisively applied towards Middle Easterners and Muslims.

Well, I for one, always thought it was "diapers"

Ignorance is bliss, as they say...

Fuck 'Em All.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2005, 10:17:54 PM »

He was talking about all Qaeda, not muslims in general.

Obviously you don't read too well. This is from the FIRST PAGE of his post history. He got banned for this kind of crap. He had 14 more pages of history of crap like this.  Roll Eyes

"Call me racists if you want.  I could care less."

"Man we have a convenient store down the street owned by Iranians and they have to be ranked as the smelliest people ever."

"And if they had spit on my wife, they'd have paid a price for that.  My wife would have kicked their smelly asses."

"They are taught hatred from day one in their schools and by their religion (the muslims)"

"Fact is that I don't care one iota about the Arabs or for the Arabs.    Their way of life sucks and their ignorance is at the root of it all."

"Who do you think helped/taught them how to both grab and refine the oil?  They didn't by any means learn or invent it on their own.  It was the Westerners that did that.  You know, smart people."

"So far I count zero things for which we have the Arabs to be thankful for unless you consider terrorist an invention worth mentioning. "

"And the Middle East is the king of the retards."

"Its a shame that we have to share our air with such stupid people."

« Last Edit: October 20, 2005, 04:05:53 AM by (+ 1 Hidden) » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: