Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 06:23:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228122 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  No hope for 2005?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: No hope for 2005?  (Read 16799 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2005, 03:00:53 PM »

Lets just hope for an announcement this year.
And for a single..... beer

Axl's waiting for the olympics in Beijing 2008! hihi He will perform 'Jungle at the opening ceremony, and will close the olympics with Paradise City! A rehashed AFD in China starts in 2008! hihi

If they're giving heed to the event, they should start now.
Again, Chinese lucky number is 8. They can'T and won't miss the year 2006.

Whatever, Tommy's update is telling. I believe in the members.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2005, 03:07:25 PM »

Lets just hope for an announcement this year.
And for a single..... beer

Axl's waiting for the olympics in Beijing 2008! hihi He will perform 'Jungle at the opening ceremony, and will close the olympics with Paradise City! A rehashed AFD in China starts in 2008! hihi

If they're giving heed to the event, they should start now.
Again, Chinese lucky number is 8. They can'T and won't miss the year 2006.

Whatever, Tommy's update is telling. I believe in the members.

Nope he's waiting for 2010 winter olympics in Vancouver (to make up for that Riot, lol) and guess what? -2 +0 +10 = 8  rofl

I think we'll hear something in Nov or Dec this year Roll Eyes

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2005, 03:18:56 PM »

Personally, I believe Axl is mustering strength for the trial next month. When that is over, I hope plans for the album take off and he will commit himself to a release and a tour.

I gotta agree with you on that one, Axl has spent so much time and money on this project, that I seriously doubt he's gunna allow legal ramblings with ex-bandmembers to hinder his comeback, and one hell of an album release.

War41 makes some good points too though..the longer Axl sits on this monstrosity, the greater probability someone in the group could grow restless and decide its just not worth it anymore for whatever reason.

I think its funny no one has really put much stock into a suprise New years Eve gig. If the album cant drop this year, I think its fair and adequite to still expect the unexpected from Uncle Axl, even if it is on a smaller scale.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2005, 03:42:35 PM »

Richard setting dates with Nena has nothing to do with announcing something by the end of the year.  I'm not saying we will hear something, but if GNR is planning on making some kind of a statement, Richard isn't going to stop that because of a few dates.  I'm under the impression that GNR is meeting up in November to talk.  We may hear something after that.

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2005, 03:44:39 PM »

I'd like to know how Axl will be physically when he comes back. Mentally I don't think we will have a surprise, Axl is Axl, good mood the monday, bad mood the tuesday, MSG type show the wednesday, detroit type show the thursday etc... but physically it will be a real mystery. From RIR 3 to the US'02 tour, he drastically changed. It's been almost 3 years now he has deseapeared... I hope we will see the Classic Axl, the one everybody wants to be back, "Axl The Rockstar" as it was mentionned by an A&R who spot him on a sanctuary office a couple of weeks ago.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2005, 04:49:34 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2005, 03:46:55 PM »

No hope for 2005?

Um, no.  None.

darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2005, 03:50:22 PM »

I stand corrected, I was looking at the 2005 calendar.  March 28, 2006.  (The last Tuesday in March)

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2005, 03:50:58 PM »

Axl is going to be 44 Years old in February. He is getting to the point he will be thought of as a nostalgic no matter how good the album is and how new the band is. Father time doesn't care what kind of musical genius you are, he is getting old. He needs to shit or get off the pot sooner than later as he ain't getting any younger.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2005, 03:52:38 PM »

I hope we will see the Classic Axl, the one everybody wants to be back, "Axl The Rockstar" as it was mentionned by an A&R who spot him on a sanctuary office a couple of weeks ago.

Whatever Axl this guy may have seen, it was way more than a couple weeks ago.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
madagas
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2005, 03:56:14 PM »

Naupis, please refer to my prior post in this thread. It doesn't matter if it is released this year or 5 years from now. He already is a nostalgia act. He is ancient to kids in there teens and 20's whether or not he is 44 or 48. There is no timetable appropriate for this album anymore. That ended back in 97-98-99 when he was at least still in his 30's. Undecided
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2005, 03:59:11 PM »

Axl is going to be 44 Years old in February.

44=> 4+4=8 ok
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2005, 04:22:54 PM »

I dont know, i still think there is a small possibility of a 2005 release. Everything has gone quiet, which must mean something is going on behind the scenes! If that doesnt happen that i hope Axl plays a warm up show for New Years, either in Vegas or somewhere in LA, either way i will be there, tour and then release CD!

Ive always believed that the legal issues Axl is facing are a major factor in the delay of CD, either way things are going to get resolved in November!

Jonx
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2005, 04:33:00 PM »

"Personally, I believe Axl is mustering strength for the trial next month. When that is over, I hope plans for the album take off and he will commit himself to a release and a tour."

If that's the case and the man is waiting for the legal troubles to end...then it aint ever coming.

We have to learn to let go of the things we truly love. It most likely isn't coming this year, and maybe it won't next year. But its cool. I have accepted the things I don't have any control over. I want to hear it at least as bad as the biggest nutjob in here. But I want a lot of things. Like, I want my 500U model 50" HD Panasonic Plasma to come this Friday, so I can connect it to my new 7.1 Paradigm sound system, just in time for guy night. But if it doesn't, it will be what it will be. We will just have to have another round of the gas mask instead. You dig where I'm coming from?

Chinese Fucking Democracy. What a tragic fucking shame though if something fucked up was to happen to a real fan before this album comes out. But, we have to live and not worry about this because we don't have control. Its out of our hands...so, we have to live. It'll be alright.

I don't think most of the suits he has faced were this important. The trial in November is for his share of the back catalog; millions of dollars and control over songs that he created. It doesn't get much bigger than this outside of a criminal trial. Axl better have a good case and win out or I believe he loses alot of legitimacy to the GnR name. After all if he has no control over the old material at all why should he have the name.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Slipdisc
VIP

~Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur~

« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2005, 04:46:53 PM »

I just can't stand negativity.

rofl? rofl

I didn't care that much of the Buckethead's departure, I was happy in fact because he hurted the band. His departure was? agood thing.

Roll Eyes

You add new dimensions to the word hypocrite. Please explain to me how it is possible for such a ?positive? person as yourself (who just can?t stand all this negativity), to make a habit of systematically bashing an ex-member in every other thread? Introducing him into the discussion (when there?s no apparent reason for it) time and time again, with no other reason then talking some more biased clueless nonsense? You have more faces then an oven full of gingerbread men. Remember this monumental statement (?) :

I just don't want to loose time debating about Buckethead. He doesn't interested me, I don't want to waste time discussing about him.

rofl

I must assume that this is the sentence you use to flee from discussions that can?t be won by spreading vast amounts of ignorance. Here you are again wasting your precious time by bashing the same guy that interests you so little that you have to bring him up in every thread you participate in.

Back on topic:
I really don?t think CD is close to being released. To expect a 2005 release with November already knocking at our door seems like an awful lot of wishful thinking to me.

-PEACE-

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2005, 05:03:32 PM »

did anyone really feel a 2005 vibe at all?? I mean fuck to methere has never been any true indication of anything going down this year.. it's already the 19th of october and not the slightest buzz.. Sure a november abnnouncement is possible for like christmas time but I really wouldn't hold my breath.. maybe I see things different but it always seems further away to me then closer.. years ago seemed closer then today..
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2005, 05:14:51 PM »

Mike, I never really expected it this year either. Nothing substantial happened to point to signs of a release. Merck's statement is a joke. I hope that doesn't become a yearly lie on his part. When this album is truly getting near a release date, you will hear about it all over the place, even before its announced. Talk show hosts will mention it, celebrities will mention it, etc. Until there is real buzz about the album, no one should expect an imminent announcement. Remember when the IRS leak happened. People were saying," Oh my god! Its finally coming out! Round 2 has started!" hihi

MichelleAK3
Headliner

« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2005, 05:23:10 PM »

It can be released by xmas, axl doesnt have to promote it if hes not int he mood, frankly releasing it and making no remarks or appearances adds to the mystique and also if reporters or crtics want to run him down he wont have to deal with all those politics it takesa big pressure off to just release it and then focus on the lawsuits and tour later if wants to. The New GNR will do things new and axls way, he toured without a release in 2002-03, and frankly if he wants to be rebellious he might just release it and lets his execs who take a huge cut in axls income promote it , then take the winter off to rehearse and prepare to tour, or maybe he wont even tour, maybe he will just play events. Axls not obligated to do anything except release the cd, if its done he can release it whenever. The music is what everyones waiting for. 

"I hope you're proud of yourself for the times you've said 'yes,' when all it meant was extra work for you and was seemingly helpful only to somebody else."

From The World According to Mister Roger
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2005, 05:34:12 PM »

Great post, Michelle! beer Awhile back, I also mentioned the possibility of Axl releasing this album with little promotion on his part. People thought I was insane. By just releasing it and doing little to no promotion, Axl could sidestep the tough questions. Believe me, there will be many. I think Axl choosing this option would give new GNR a better chance for success and also increase the chance for an album after CD. It wont take much to set Axl off. The wrong question, or a shitty album review might send him back to his cave. I agree with you about touring. A world tour isn't likely to happen. If he does tour, he should do Ozzfest so all the pressure for the show isn't on him. And if he didn't show up sometimes, there would be alot of other bands to pick up the slack.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2005, 05:40:52 PM »

rofl  Great post, Slipdisc. I don't really agree with you on a half of your last bit tho.
I'd expect an announcement and hopefully a single/promo video for this xmas.

There is no timetable appropriate for this album anymore. That ended back in 97-98-99 when he was at least still in his 30's

I beg to differ. madagas. I'd imagine he had spent his 30s to deepen himself.

How about this timetable?

Starting with an announcement late this year that is 2005 = 7, while the leader is at the age of 43 and the band consists of 7 members. '7' is our lucky number.

Releasing an album in 2006 and set off the tour with a new guitarist (hopefully, BH) then 8 members in the band and the leader is going to be 44.

In 2008 the Chinese Democratic tour will be finished off at the Olympic show in China as the number 10 stands for the perfect according to a tarot book. And also there will be a big election in the other country? Peace! 

Meanwhile the 2nd album and the third will be following the first.
How about that?lmao

Nope he's waiting for 2010 winter olympics in Vancouver (to make up for that Riot, lol) and guess what? -2 +0 +10 = 8  rofl

Yeah But Neemo that has little to do with chinese or numerology.
Not that I won't be adapting your 2010 theory at this time next year. hihi
blues rocker
Banned
Rocker

ANGUS YOUNG - AC/DC

« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2005, 05:46:14 PM »

give it up, people...it is quite obvious that this album will never be released...at least not while axl is still alive...move on...gnr is over
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: