Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 06:03:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228122 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  No hope for 2005?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: No hope for 2005?  (Read 16775 times)
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2005, 09:50:31 AM »

Your right Estranged33, plus Richard is prob just as much in the dark as us as far as release date.

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
madagas
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2005, 09:51:50 AM »

darknemus, they are going to release it on a Wednesday? Grin
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2005, 09:58:43 AM »

ya and I'm bummed out once again, Darknemus whats your take on the Richard Branson deal and the fashion show?

SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2005, 09:59:58 AM »

I agree with Dark on this one. I don't think there's any chance in a late '05 release...more likely a late first/early second quarter release (possibly to coincide with RIR 5 and Da Vinci). Perhaps a tour in Europe/Japan April/May and then a summer tour in the States Huh? ?Maybe.

I will say this, however. I think the release of this album is going to be somewhat of a surprise. I'm a believer that GN'R won't need too much time to put the wheels of promotion in motion and that there will be a small window (at least smaller than what most of us expect) between announcements, first single and album. Perhaps the album will drop the same time the first single goes to ads. Take all this into account, I guess 2005 is still possible...yet highly improbable.

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2005, 10:03:54 AM »

Nesquick, please drop the fuckin Rock in Rio bullshit, it's old and tiring. It is one concert out of a million possibilities. The only semi official thing we have is Tommy's statement, and we all know how reliable his statements are. We simply know jack shit. rant Also, please don't tell me that if it isn't released next year, then it is over. It is already over and has been over to the record buying public since 2003. Nobody cares anymore because the new band is simply 100% completely irrelevant to the music industry in 2005. That is a simple fact. They will become a force again when Axl decides to let go. Until then, he is a relic from the past...... Sad
1) contrary to you, I'm a positive and optimistic guy. Both for GN'R and in my life. I just can't stand negativity. We all know Axl reads the GN'R boards, i don't think he also likes reading negativity. But it doesn't mean to be blind. It's to be fair. I know as much as you that the GN'R situation right now seems dramatic, but none of us have heard the album yet. I'm sure the quality of the album will shut everybody's up. That's why I stay positive, I believe in the music.
2) No, no, no and no, Rock in Rio is certainely not "one concert out of million possibilities". It's the biggest musical festival in the world. It's a big promotional opportunity for bands playing there. The entire world can see you, it's all over the internet also. Rock in Rio is something BIG.
3) As long as the album isn't out, as long as all the members are still in the band (no departure), the hope remains. I didn't care that much of the Buckethead's departure, I was happy in fact because he hurted the band. His departure was ?agood thing. However, it would be different if Tommy, Richard or Robin left the band. But it isn't the case.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
madagas
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2005, 10:18:04 AM »

That's not being negative-that is reality. I am sure the album is good and that is why I stay around antagonizing you! People hang there hat on RIR and that, as proved in the past, is a mistake. The album will come out when Axl wants it out.....not for Rio...not for Sanctuary or Geffen, for him. For all we know, he may have no intention of ever touring again. I doubt it but we don't know. If Axl has shown one trait which he continually expresses, it is unpredictability and a lack of rational behavior. If you say x, he says y. Roll Eyes
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2005, 10:25:03 AM »

There is hope, look at all thats going on lately if you think about it, the Axl image has surfaced. Its working and some of you don't even know it, the ball is rolling! 

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2005, 10:32:45 AM »

like many estranged said! They dont need Fortus, to make a announcement! Not even to release a single! I guess if things have is going to start soon, (before christmas) that promo pics and stuff like that already have been taken. So, no reason to worry at all! Things happen when they happen.

Just take that bit of Tommys positive spirit on his last newsupdate, and trust that!  ok

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
madagas
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2005, 10:47:26 AM »

Tommy's post came on 9-18, over a month ago. So, NYTUNZ, who is coming out first, Tool or Gnr? Tongue
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2005, 10:51:54 AM »

Tommy's post came on 9-18, over a month ago. So, NYTUNZ, who is coming out first, Tool or Gnr? Tongue

hehe, well, i to be honest i think that the Tool album will light some spiritual waves before GNR. Maynard said himself in a webchat that it will be out early on the new year! But who knows... Hope they wont be to close, so i have to choose what to listen to  Tongue

Anyway i belive that the new GNR album is puching against The surface! Remember, it whants to be found! like Gandalf said

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2005, 11:22:51 AM »

Chinese Democracy is more likely to be released early next year (between Jan and May) then by the end of this year I think.

i remember you saying that everyone at thenewguns forum could kick you in the balls if it isn`t out in 2005 hihi
i`m 99% sure it was you....

We all know Axl reads the GN'R boards, i don't think he also likes reading negativity.

well  i don`t know if axl reads the gnr boards.... peace

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2005, 11:31:55 AM »

Chinese Democracy is more likely to be released early next year (between Jan and May) then by the end of this year I think.

i remember you saying that everyone at thenewguns forum could kick you in the balls if it isn`t out in 2005 hihi
i`m 99% sure it was you....

We all know Axl reads the GN'R boards, i don't think he also likes reading negativity.

well? i don`t know if axl reads the gnr boards.... peace

Didn't he (Axl) give a 'hello' to jarmo during one of the 2002 concerts in europe... I'm pretty sure he knows this site quite well!

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2005, 12:05:22 PM »

I actually now believe that the album and tour won't happen in 2006 and I have actually thought about this so let me explain first before I get attacked.  None of these are factual, just my opinions on what will happen. 

1) Robin Finck is tired of waiting.  He has been with the band 8 or 9 years now.  He is an artist and he wants his music to be heard.  He wants recognition for what he has done.  Because of this he gives Axl an ultimatum.  This year or else.  Axl is reluctant, not just because he does not feel it is ready, but because....

2) Richard has decided that he is not ready for a big world tour.  Spending time with this new child and wife are more important to him at this point in his life.  He tells Axl that the timing is just not right and he thanks him for helping him out over the past few years.  Axl then has to find a replacement for him which proves to be difficult.  But he is not the only replacement he has to find...

3) Brain decides that he is also sick of waiting and Buckethead offers him an opportunity to star full time in his band.  He promises actual tours and album releases and while it is not stadiums or arenas, they will still be playing and getting paid.  Because it is 2006 and nothing has happened for so long, he accepts the offer and walks away from Axl with no problems. 

4) Merck himself loses patience with Axl.  He tells him he has held people off long enough, but its now or never.  He reminds Axl that even though he loves what he has done, the bottom line is that this is still business and without his music and the music of others he is out of the job.  The pressure is on.

5) Axl says 'fuck all of you' and scraps work on the album immediately.  He goes off and does whatever he wants to and the release date of this album remains a mystery. 

6) On a positive note, Tommy will stick with him I think.  He is a loyal guy, and is adamant about going through it all with Axl.  I think that Paul Tobias will be brought back into the mix and probably become a full time fixture in GNR moving foward.  There may also be a slight possibility that Axl and Izzy talk to each other and make up.  They have been friends for too long, and Izzy didn't get involved in a lot of the BS that the others did apparently.  He left on his own accord and did not make a scene out of it. 

7) Dizzy will of course be around for Axl.  He has been with the guy since 1990.  He is a GNR member and always will be.

So again, I know this is just another 'negative' post from a 'negative' poster.  But all of these guys are people.   They want recognition and they want people to hear what they have worked hard on for so long.    They have made enough money from Axl so far that if they invested it wisely they can afford to quit the band.  I truly believe that the longer this goes on the more likely people are to walk out on him. 

If you would like to debate these issues that is fine, but I expect some of the same old you know who you are posters to take shots at me without arguing your point. 
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2005, 12:19:26 PM »

Personally, I believe Axl is mustering strength for the trial next month. When that is over, I hope plans for the album take off and he will commit himself to a release and a tour.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2005, 12:49:53 PM »

http://Richard has decided that he is not ready for a big world tour.
I spoke with Richard by e-mail a couple of month ago. The guy just can't wait to tour. He is hungry to get on the road. His baby will born on November, The band won't tour until april, may or june, no musician in the world stops his career because he has a baby. Would you stop working if you have a baby? would you leave your company and say "I have a baby, good bye to all of you, it was a pleasure to work in the company for 10 years, I retire". Come on... that's life. It doesn't make you stop to live. He will probably stay with his family in November, it's important in the begining when you have a baby, then life continues.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2005, 12:51:59 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2005, 01:00:30 PM »

http://Richard has decided that he is not ready for a big world tour.
I spoke with Richard by e-mail a couple of month ago. The guy just can't wait to tour. He is hungry to get on the road. His baby will born on November, The band won't tour until april, may or june, no musician in the world stops his career because he has a baby. Would you stop working if you have a baby? would you leave your company and say "I have a baby, good bye to all of you, it was a pleasure to work in the company for 10 years, I retire". Come on... that's life. It doesn't make you stop to live. He will probably stay with his family in November, it's important in the begining when you have a baby, then life continues.

They are now giving paternity leaves in many corporations to take off for the same amount of time as a maternity leave.  If this happens at a time when he wants to spend time with it, then sorry but the band does come second. 

And yes I HAVE heard of people qutting because they have had children.  Lots of people in sales positions and other positions who travel a lot decide to quit so that they can spend time with their families.  It is never an easy decision to make because it means that you have essentially given up on your career goals and are sacrificing your professional life for your family life. 

Have you honestly never met anyone in this situation? 
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2005, 01:00:42 PM »

"Personally, I believe Axl is mustering strength for the trial next month. When that is over, I hope plans for the album take off and he will commit himself to a release and a tour."

If that's the case and the man is waiting for the legal troubles to end...then it aint ever coming.

We have to learn to let go of the things we truly love. It most likely isn't coming this year, and maybe it won't next year. But its cool. I have accepted the things I don't have any control over. I want to hear it at least as bad as the biggest nutjob in here. But I want a lot of things. Like, I want my 500U model 50" HD Panasonic Plasma to come this Friday, so I can connect it to my new 7.1 Paradigm sound system, just in time for guy night. But if it doesn't, it will be what it will be. We will just have to have another round of the gas mask instead. You dig where I'm coming from?

Chinese Fucking Democracy. What a tragic fucking shame though if something fucked up was to happen to a real fan before this album comes out. But, we have to live and not worry about this because we don't have control. Its out of our hands...so, we have to live. It'll be alright.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2005, 01:06:04 PM »

The band won't tour until april, may or june

Says who? The band could tour anytime after the middle of december.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2005, 01:06:40 PM »

let it be, we'll be having the same discussion next year this time around...

damn right, Im looking forward to it already!

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2005, 01:10:43 PM »

There is hope, look at all thats going on lately if you think about it, the Axl image has surfaced. Its working and some of you don't even know it, the ball is rolling!?

I like this idea!  Thee is no doubt about some interesting things that have happened over the past couple of months that kind of point at Axl style.  Once we get an announcement though, all hell will break loose.  "The return of the last rock star." 

Oh and on topic, I say March of 06.  Lets just hope for an announcement this year. beer

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: