Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 09:27:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl's Time Machine
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl's Time Machine  (Read 1498 times)
Fitz
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: October 19, 2005, 12:18:24 AM »

Credit for this thread is due to the "How Much Would You Pay?" thread

How much would you PAY to take a trip back in time to the very start of the USE YOUR ILLUSION TOUR in 1991 and go to any show you want?  Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, & the kick ass new drummer Matt Sorum!  Live in concert!
I remember all the hype, the MTV specials, the highway billboards, the anticipation of the double album release, and of course my tickets to see GNR in Hershey on 7/11/91.

How much would you pay for the GNR time machine??
rainX
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2005, 12:44:12 AM »

0 dollars.
You Gonna Eat That?
Rocker

Mada-Gaz-car

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2005, 01:14:00 AM »

I would give my penis. Legit.

peace

Dave Mustaine discusses the origins of the name of his band, Megadeath: "The band's name means the act of dying, but, like, really mega."
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2005, 03:31:14 AM »

Nothing!

It was the most amazing time of my life at that stage going to see guns n roses in the early 90's. But that was the past. I'm looking forward to the new era of guns n roses now. Which will be coming down the mountain very soon!! Oh and I have plenty of bootleg dvd's to watch to remind me of how great the old band were. That will do for me! Mike

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2005, 06:56:49 AM »

I'm gonna have to agree with estranged33. It was truly a great time for GNR, and a great time to be alive. Those of us who experienced the GNR hysteria are truly lucky. These new fans have absolutely no idea what it was like. I seen GNR live at the Shoreline Ampitheater in July 1991. I wouldn't trade that experience for anything in the world. As much as I love old GNR, I have been listening to that stuff since 1987. I am really looking forward to hearing what direction Axl has taken GNR. In fact, if I had to choose between a reunion and CD, I would pick CD. I want progress, not regression.

You Gonna Eat That?
Rocker

Mada-Gaz-car

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2005, 07:04:38 AM »

Dam right we dont know what it was like. But Im no new fan. Ive liked them basicly my whole life and It hurts me that I was only a youngin' back in the day. When GNR came to australia in 1993 I was there at the Melbourne show, but I dont remember it, I was three years old. Not even 3.  Cry

peace

Dave Mustaine discusses the origins of the name of his band, Megadeath: "The band's name means the act of dying, but, like, really mega."
MichelleAK3
Headliner

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2005, 08:12:31 AM »

I saw the old gnr perform, Id pay nothing, id rather see the new future gnr with new material hehe...

"I hope you're proud of yourself for the times you've said 'yes,' when all it meant was extra work for you and was seemingly helpful only to somebody else."

From The World According to Mister Roger
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2005, 09:50:21 AM »

I agree.  I've seen the old lineup 4 times.. (well, 3 w/ Matt & 1 with Steven)  My chance to see the new lineup at the two Florida shows fell apart after Philly, as we all know.

I really don't feel like reliving the past - I want to experience the future.

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2005, 08:27:23 PM »

Well since I never went to a gnr concert, and when I started to like GNR, they were already separeted, I would give almost anything...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: