Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 02:45:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228124 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Red Dwarf
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Red Dwarf  (Read 2478 times)
RichardNixon
« on: October 18, 2005, 11:40:25 PM »

Any fans? I used to love this show but haven't seen it for a while. Any news on the series?
Chris Misfit
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2005, 11:04:41 AM »

Aye. But I thought it go real shit, series five or six.

I bought my Dad the first 4 series for his birthday. It's a present everyone can enjoy.

Are you sure there's a series, because Lister is in some soap.

I heard they were writing a movie.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2005, 11:07:18 AM »

Awesome show, last series was ages since (1999 i think), since then they've been trying to find funding for the movie which has been in the works for like 5+ years....progress still seems to be slow. ?The guy who makes the show said when he took it to america and they offered funding they wanted to recast everyone, get some american guys playing the parts, he said fuck off! ?Incidentially the movie will not follow on from the cliffhanger ending to the last series it will kinda start afresh this sucks but continuity has always been a problem for the show....Great show all the same i have been buying all the DVDs they have some really cool extras well worth getting, i really want this show to return it was one of my fave's. ?I would say though Series 1-5 were the best though. ?It got better and better peaking in the 5th which was totally awesome 6,7 & 8 were kind of lacking though. ?Craig Charles (Lister) is currently working in UK Soap Coronation Street just in case you were wondering.

Edit: http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0276447/ Don't be deceived by the 2005 date i would say 2007 is the earliest you'll get the film, it may and probably will be later.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2005, 11:55:18 AM by Mr. Kennedy » Logged
Evolution
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2005, 02:08:51 PM »

hihi Krytan the domesticated robot is hilarious
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2005, 07:14:25 PM »

Aye, for me Red Dwarf dipped in the middle a bit.

Peaked from series 1 through to 3, then down very, very marginally for 4 and 5 (I'm not among the general consensus, to me it is ridiculous to consider 4 as the best series). 6 was pretty rubbish (compared to what came before; compared to the other trash on television, it was more than watchable), 7 was alright and 8 was pretty much back to form.

I have series 1-3 on video, 4-6 on DVD and 7 and 8 on video...
I got them all as they were released (my videos are the rematers) because I used to be fucking in love with this show...

I still am to an extent, but I've now seen ever episode so many times that... Though, I do need to get around to buying 1-3 on DVD (any word on 7 and 8?), they're not exactly high priority at the moment, being I already have them on video.

Timesless, though.

Fortunatly, they didn't try anything too clever in the early series', so the production values aren't all that laughable either, especially after the remaster.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2005, 08:18:38 PM »

I still am to an extent, but I've now seen ever episode so many times that... Though, I do need to get around to buying 1-3 on DVD (any word on 7 and 8?), they're not exactly high priority at the moment, being I already have them on video.
1-3 are worth buying on DVD dude, from your other DVD's you've probably noticed the wealth of extra's they've really put a lot of effort into them.  What i think really killed it was bringing back Kochanski, so many times bringing in a woman kills a show. Becker + Nancy Travis = Awful, Spin City + Heather Locklear = Medicore-Crap (Least in comparison to the ones without her).  Same with Red Dwarf it was great when they bummed about and had fun adventures, the life of Lister was awesome, a shitty guitar but a guitar all the same, what seemed like an endless supply of Curries drool ('til Series VII), Cigarettes smoking, Lager beer, Virtual Reality machines...awesome stuff.

Series VII is out on DVD November 7th meaning Series VIII should be out February i guess since they are normally about 3 months apart...

Here's some details i got from the official website about the upcoming Series VII DVD

Aside from the eight regular episodes for Series VII, we also have to include the three Xtended episodes and Identity Within, the 45-minute 'lost episode'. (What the smeg are we going to call it once the DVD is released and it's officially no longer 'lost'?! Anyway click here for our exclusive clip of the final product.)
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2005, 08:28:16 PM »

Shit, that sounds fucking quality.

Yeah, my friends has series 3 on DVD, and I know the extras are great.

I will get round to buying them but, as I say, it's just there are other DVD's I want more right now.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2005, 08:32:37 PM »

I will get round to buying them but, as I say, it's just there are other DVD's I want more right now.
Same with me, like you i have seen every episode so the laugh out loud feelings has kinda gone, i'm busy buying many other DVDs too, Fraiser, Cheers, WWE Classics, Game On etc. So many old classics already out or coming out...i don't think i'll ever catch up with all that i want....it never stops
RichardNixon
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2005, 11:20:10 PM »

I thought series I-VI were great. Series VII wasn't quite up-to-par, but was still good. I thought series VIII was great.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2008, 06:15:46 AM »

The cast of Red Dwarf will reportedly reunite for a series of new shows to be broadcast on digital channel Dave in 2009.

The Sun states that Craig Charles, Chris Barrie, Danny John-Jules, Robert Llewellyn and Chloe Annett will appear in four 30-minute specials that will combine new material with classic footage of the cult BBC Two sitcom.

Red Dwarf ran for eight seasons between 1988 and 1999. Numerous attempts to finance a cinematic version of the programme have failed in recent years.

Co-creator Doug Naylor stated in 2007 that the BBC had opted not to pursue a ninth season of the show, despite its previous commercial success.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a126627/red-dwarf-to-make-digital-return.html

That's a bit of a come down.  I mean I like Dave but it's the home of quality repeats.

The whole incorporating old and new footage, reading it I'm not sure whether they are really proper new episodes or just, well excuses to talk over and relive past memories.

I'll try and be optimistic though I wish BBC had just taken up the option of a 9th...
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2009, 10:57:59 AM »

The Red Dwarf crew will be returning to Earth when the cult sci-fi show returns to TV later this year.

Red Dwarf: Return To Earth will reportedly see last human Dave Lister (Craig Charles) achieve his life-long goal of touching down on his home planet.

The two-part special, which has been commissioned by digital channel Dave, will reunite original cast members Charles, Danny John-Jules, Chris Barrie and Robert Llewellyn one decade after the iconic comedy ended.

Speaking to The Sun, Barrie confirmed the plot, saying: "Yes, Lister?s dream is about to come true. But like everything in Red Dwarf, nothing is straightforward."

Written and directed by Red Dwarf creator Doug Naylor, the special episodes will kick off a special Easter weekend of Red Dwarf on Dave.

Return To Earth will be followed by Red Dwarf: Unplugged, which has been described as a "no holds barred" episode with no sets, no effects and no autocue. The weekend will close with Red Dwarf: The Making Of Back To Earth, which will give viewers a behind-the-scenes look at the new production.

The programme ran from 1988 until 1999, winning numerous awards including an international Emmy. It has sold more than seven million DVDs and videos across the world and at its peak, pulled in eight million viewers.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: