Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 09:22:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Positive things you LOVE with the new GNR way to Play
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Positive things you LOVE with the new GNR way to Play  (Read 2200 times)
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« on: October 17, 2005, 11:26:27 PM »

I dont think this have been discussed before, but i would like to share things that your really got POSITIVE GOOSEBUMPS from with the new GNR!

Positive:
- The way they play My Michelle you and Paradice city! i actually think the new versions is so GOD DAMN great that i cant say it enough! Axl`s vocals on My Michelle is so great! Better then ever before! (And that means alot, coz i thougt the old vocals couldent be better!) The song makes a new kind of vibe, and i love it!! More then ever! Thanks Axl for actually update things to better. Not everyone have thouse skills (your former friends)  ok
- The new version of Knocking on heavens door! The first time i read that they played the new stuff a bit more to the original, and that they played this song different, i thought that they played it jsut like the original Bob Dylan version. But when i first heard it, and heard how great it was i got really impressed! Its on a way a tribute to bouth Dylan and the old GNR, because they make a version that touch each vesion! Love it!
- The energy the new line up got! Richard, Robin, Tommy! Everyone seems to have a great time on the stage! And that make the show look soooo great! Axl really know how to entertain! And so does the other guys! Cant wait to hear and see more!
- The way thay communicate on stage!
- How they put in synth on songs like NOV RAIN! etc! And some other songs! ALSO THE TABLA/BONGO drums on MR Brownstone!
- Chinese Dem. progrock rythm!!!! ahh! Cant wait to hear the studio version!
- The synth on Madagascar, and sampling in the middle of the song! Take it to a sooo high level!
- Axl vocals on the Blues is so great! And Dizzys piano! A feeling you wrote it Axl ?  Kiss

Negative:
Well, im my mind there is no negative things i can find with the new lineup! Maybe some poor bastards in the crowd yelling some names who dont even play in Guns N`Roses! But maybe they just went to wrong show! Bless them! They dont know what they do  ok

AXL! Go Fight this through! Its gonna be so damn great!
Sorry for looking/listening at bootlegs, but its just the same at looking at the christmas-presents and dont open it! And i guess you understand!
i would never trade a ticket for a bootleg  drool

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005, 12:21:54 AM »

I love how Axl looks likes he's actually having fun and enjoying himself when he performs with the band.

I love how Robin dances and jumps around, expressing himself so.

I love how each individual is so unique and has their own personality.

I love how Richard is SUCH the rocker.

I love how Robin shows so much emotion on his face when he plays solos, especially during 'The Blues'.

I love how they make the old sound new...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2005, 12:22:21 AM »

I dont think this have been discussed before, but i would like to share things that your really got POSITIVE GOOSEBUMPS from with the new GNR!

Positive:
- The way they play My Michelle you and Paradice city! i actually think the new versions is so GOD DAMN great that i cant say it enough! Axl`s vocals on My Michelle is so great! Better then ever before! (And that means alot, coz i thougt the old vocals couldent be better!) The song makes a new kind of vibe, and i love it!! More then ever! Thanks Axl for actually update things to better. Not everyone have thouse skills (your former friends)  ok
- The new version of Knocking on heavens door! The first time i read that they played the new stuff a bit more to the original, and that they played this song different, i thought that they played it jsut like the original Bob Dylan version. But when i first heard it, and heard how great it was i got really impressed! Its on a way a tribute to bouth Dylan and the old GNR, because they make a version that touch each vesion! Love it!
- The energy the new line up got! Richard, Robin, Tommy! Everyone seems to have a great time on the stage! And that make the show look soooo great! Axl really know how to entertain! And so does the other guys! Cant wait to hear and see more!
- The way thay communicate on stage!
- How they put in synth on songs like NOV RAIN! etc! And some other songs! ALSO THE TABLA/BONGO drums on MR Brownstone!
- Chinese Dem. progrock rythm!!!! ahh! Cant wait to hear the studio version!
- The synth on Madagascar, and sampling in the middle of the song! Take it to a sooo high level!
- Axl vocals on the Blues is so great! And Dizzys piano! A feeling you wrote it Axl ?  Kiss

Negative:
Well, im my mind there is no negative things i can find with the new lineup! Maybe some poor bastards in the crowd yelling some names who dont even play in Guns N`Roses! But maybe they just went to wrong show! Bless them! They dont know what they do  ok

AXL! Go Fight this through! Its gonna be so damn great!
Sorry for looking/listening at bootlegs, but its just the same at looking at the christmas-presents and dont open it! And i guess you understand!
i would never trade a ticket for a bootleg  drool

thats right man, n' ta all the haters.... FUCK EM' ALL

Couldnt have said it better dude drool beer smoking peace yes Cool

My fav old song by this line up has to be....i dunno, there's just heaps of little things that these guys have added in, they're fuckin' amazin' man!!!

Love Robins solo on Sweet Child, no offense to Slash, but it just fuckin' drills it man, ROBIN IS THE MAN!!!!

Richards solo to Think About You...

Brains mix to Brownstone, Rocket...

i'll stop there, i'll be here all day comin' up with heaps of shit hihi

General Tommy Stinson
Richard Fortus
Dizzy fuckin' Reed
Robin Finck
Chris Pittman
fuckin' Brain
W. Axl Rose

they will fuck you up!!

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2005, 04:08:04 AM »

I love how they cant get anything done drool
I love how these days Axl looks like this smile when he sings:  rant

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2005, 05:03:10 AM »

WARNING TO ALL : any post attempting to deride this thread or send it off topic will be deleted.

This is a thread about positive stuff. If you don't have anything positive to say, just shut up.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2005, 05:39:03 AM »

Think About You - better than ever. The band seems to get a kick at it. One updated song I'd love to hear a studio version of.

Madagascar - Buckethead solo during the samples. I love it how he varied it in different concerts, keeping it fresh and demonstrating his versatility as a player.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2005, 05:42:42 AM by sic. » Logged

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
Michael
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2005, 06:09:23 AM »

I just love the way Nightrain rocks, and the way it sounds on Live Era...I personally think that that's what Axl intended to do at the live shows!
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2005, 07:54:01 AM »

QUESTION TO ALL
poll....whatever.....

who here preffered the Robin Finck solo's to November Rain from RIR III, or Richard keepin' it straight like the 02' tour, although Robin still keeps to his version for the 2nd solo on that tour, i gotta say his rendition  is fuckin' unreal Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked has amazin' feel all over it,. beer    i just love it

i hope they mix n' mach when they tour again drool

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2005, 07:57:38 AM »

- FIRST, good to see Axl can still perform, and still rock like no other frontman in the world exept maybe Bono and Bruce Springsteen.

- Richard Fortus, if there's just one man who could have played in the old band, it's him. Good to see a Classic-Rocker again on guitar. It's as if he has always been part of this band from the begining. He is the one who brang me back to GN'R when he joined the band in 2002, because I wasn't interested at all neither in Robin nor in Buckethead. Fortus? Right attitude, feeling, vibe energy and....talent. The second best GN'R guitarist ever behind Slash (for me). No need a 3rd guitarist, that guy is the man. Give him more lead parts to play. He could be the Slash 2.0. of the new GN'R, the new superstar on guitar. ok

- The rest of the current guys, tommy-robin-brain-dizzy-chris, are great.
- the blues and Madagascar, the studio versions could be giant.
- the guitar duet Richard/Robin, I see a lot of chemistry!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2005, 10:01:19 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2005, 07:59:51 AM »

- Brain drums, Tommy bass and Robin guitar in Rhyiad,
- Robin, Richard and Tommy in The Blues
- Axl in LALD, Madagascar, Chinese Democracy, My Michelle, Rocket Queen and IRS
- Dizzy in KOHD, The Blues and Madagascar
- Robin in SCOM, Madagascar, IRS, Mr. Brownstone and YCBM
- Richard in Madagascar and Rocket Queen.
- Buckethead in KOHD, Madagascar, Nightrain, IRS and My Michelle
- Chris Pittman in Madagascar (really! Tongue)
- The Gnronline.com  rofl

sandman
Legend

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2005, 09:39:08 AM »

i like the small change in WTTJ, where near the end, axl carries the word "die" a little longer and the band breaks in about 2 seconds later than normal.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2005, 10:36:01 AM »

I don't really like how they play the old songs, but I really like some of the new ones so that's positive Grin.....And I also think robin is one really positive thing about the "new" gnr beer
wheelz1045
Opening Act

Hi There

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2005, 11:03:00 AM »

Am I the only one who thinks that Madagascar sounds like an 80's gangta rap song?
gnrfan1797
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2005, 11:16:08 AM »

The way the new band perorms KOHD is killer.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2005, 03:42:57 PM »

Firstly, a bloody great thread, birthday Boy! ok

Like many people already said, I love the way they interpreted classic GN'R tunes.
I love a superb balance between tenseness and laxness seen in their shows (and in the band).
Also the exquisite balance between lyricism and reason the new songs exhibit makes me hell positive about the band.

I love how each individual is so unique and has their own personality.

Snap!
These individuals seem so different yet somehoo go so well with each other. Maybe only with GN'R?

I love how these days Axl looks like this smile when he sings:  rant

Snap! Actually Mee too! rant

- The Gnronline.com rofl
Snap @ rofl!

I even like their rather dodgy bits.
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2005, 04:35:18 PM »

I love how they cant get anything done drool
I love how these days Axl looks like this smile when he sings:? rant

haha that is cool... dude
BaDoBsEsSiOn418
Rocker

Yowza!

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2005, 09:16:40 PM »

I really believe the new band plays some of the old songs better than the original GN'R.  Nightrain, My Michelle, Think About You...well pretty much most of Appetite For Destruction.  My opinion of course...

I also agree that Richard looks like he could have been in the old band.  Kinda looks like Izzy Stradlin...

On my iPod the most played song is Madagascar.  Just amazing.  Never heard anything like it before.  And if this isn't the best that Axl has to offer, then holy s***!

And some of Axl's vocals sound amazing, especially in LALD, The Blues, and especially KOHD from RIR.  I admit that some of the old songs don't sound as good with Axl's current vocals (don't really care for YCBM from '02), but overall I think he sounds great.

Overall, I truly believe that the new Guns N' Roses could easily become the biggest band in rock right now.  The door is so wide open.  Come on Axl!  Chinese Democracy starts now?

Why's everybody so obsessed with the album?  Can't you just be happy that Axl gets to hang out with rich fashion designers? -MotherGooseLuvR
layne
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2005, 03:29:18 PM »

I love Robin Finck's way of playing guitar
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2005, 08:54:54 PM »

I love how Robin shows so much emotion on his face when he plays solos...

me too!

and I LOVE Tommy  love
Dignan
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2005, 09:04:47 PM »

I love how his voice sounds so strong, powerful and confident!

He KNOWS when the new album comes out that he's going to regain his stature at the top, and I think that's what's hesiting him right now. He knows he's just too damn good for his own good! LOL.

/Dig.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: