Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 06:19:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Liam Gallagher Appreciation thread. (Q awards)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Liam Gallagher Appreciation thread. (Q awards)  (Read 6321 times)
grendood
My favorite word is: Bellend
Banned
Rocker

caught on film.

« on: October 14, 2005, 10:39:56 AM »

you have to take your hat off to this guy, he has consistently been the best rock star in the last 12 years or so, has started  writng all these amazing songs and is the frontman of one of the best bands in the world today, Oasis. 

so refreshing to see him being on top of it all when there is so much psuedo wannabe crap about.

here is the man a couple of days ago at the Q awards.

10 Oct 05 - The Q Awards delivered few surprises this afternoon, handing out prizes to the biggest bands in Britain, plus no fewer than nine lifetime achievement style trophies.

Their reward was an incredible line-up of stars in attendance for the ceremony at the Grosvenor House hotel, including Nick Cave, Yoko Ono, Ray Davies, Jimmy Page, the Gallaghers, Coldplay, Damon Albarn, New Order, the Bee-Gees and Charlotte Church, all of whom went home with a statue for the trophy cabinet.

Stayers, million-sellers and exports from Cool Britannia dominated the ceremony, with Oasis picking up Best Album and the People's Choice award. Damon Albarn also took home a brace, winning Best Video and Best Producer for his cartoon side-project Gorillaz.

Coldplay were named Best Act In The World Today, prompting Chris Martin to tell the assembled aristocrats of rock that he doesn't "give a f**k" about the people that hate Coldplay, while U2 were handed the accolade of Best Live Act.

With the Gallaghers, the Prodigy, Joy Division and Charlotte Church in attendance Chris stood no chance of walking away with the Most Foul-Mouthed Rock Star award. Liam swore repeatedly in his acceptance speech and on live radio immediately afterwards, but was pipped by Hooky, whose reaction to winning the Q Legend award, was to call the magazine "two-faced c***s who give us bad reviews".

Elsewhere in the 'heritage' section of the ceremony, which seems to gain a new category every year, Paul Weller was lauded for his Outstanding Contribution, Yoko Ono accepted John Lennon's Classic Award, Nick Cave got Classic Songwriter, Jimmy Page was named a Q Icon, Bjork won the Inspiration award, the Bee-Gees picked up a Lifetime Achievement trophy, Waterloo Sunset was recognised as a classic song and Micheal Eavis was given a special birthday award for turning 70.

"Some of you probably hate us but I couldn't give a f*** because we're the
    Best Act In The World." - Chris Martin, Coldplay

KT Tunstall took Best Track for Black Horse And The Cherry Tree, The Prodigy won Q Innovation In Sound and James Blunt was named Best New Act.

Yoko Ono picked up Lennon's Classic award the day after what would have been the former Beatle's 65th birthday. She told the crowd: "I wish he (John) was here today, he would have loved it."

She then recounted how he woke her up one night asking, 'Why do they cover Paul's songs but never mine?" telling the audience that she replied "You're a good songwriter. It's not just June with spoon that you write.

"You're a good singer and most musicians are probably a little bit nervous about covering your songs," something which will doubtless be reported as a dig at Macca in the ongoing phoney war so beloved of journalists.

On receiving the award for Best Album, Noel said: "It was a change to not get the  token Live Act award for being able to play the guitar...Best Album, nice one."

After winning Best New Act, Blunt joked: "Sorry about You're Beautiful being killed on the radio."

Ray Davies thanked the "various record companies, the publishers that never let go, the members of the band and the ex-wives that lived through it" when he picked up the Classic Song award.

The much-hyped confrontation between Liam Gallagher and Chris Martin failed to materialise, with Coldplay's frontman saying the only person he hates is George Bush, and telling reporters he's not ready to fight Liam just yet.

He did take the chance to rubbish one of his former critics though, saying "somewhere in the world Alan McGee is having a heart attack. He said we'd never make it.

Jimmy Page, whose solo album is due out early next year, said "It's been a really long, interesting journey and thank God it's not over yet."

The winners in full:

Best New Act - James Blunt

Best Track - KT Tunstall, for Black Horse and the Cherry Tree

Classic Song - Ray Davies, for Waterloo Sunset

Best Live Act - U2

Best Album - Oasis, for Don't Believe The Truth

The People's Choice - Oasis

Best Producer - Gorillaz/ Danger Mouse, for Demon Days

Best Video - Gorillaz, for Feel Good Inc

Best Act In The World Today - Coldplay

The Q Birthday Honour - Michael Eavis

The Icon Award - Jimmy Page

Classic Songwriter - Nick Cave

Lifetime Achievement Award - Bee Gees

Outstanding Contribution To Music - Paul Weller

Innovation In Sound - The Prodigy

Q Legend - Joy Division

Inspiration Award - Bjork

Special Award - John Lennon

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2005, 10:47:49 AM »

Noel claims Oasis have been going for 20 years in that article confused (First album 1994 - formed from the group 'Rain' a year or two before) He really is too old then!

------------

As for Liam - he's just hilarious, the way he insults everything and picks fights with anything that moves, he really is what rock n roll is all about - corrupting the youth of today yes
« Last Edit: October 14, 2005, 10:52:30 AM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2005, 10:57:56 AM »

Noel claims Oasis have been going for 20 years in that article confused (First album 1994 - formed from the group 'Rain' a year or two before) He really is too old then!

------------

As for Liam - he's just hilarious, the way he insults everything and picks fights with anything that moves, he really is what rock n roll is all about - corrupting the youth of today yes

That is exactly what I was gonna say. A little bit over a decade Noel and that's all.

Liam is a great rock star, but he can't write songs. Period. Liam said once (this had to be before the release of SOTSOF) that he didn't give a shit about lyrics. He was just the singer, the frontman, the rock star. Why didn't he stick to that? Noel should've never allowed him to contribute with lyrics at all. But hey, I still think Liam songs are even better than the ones from Coldplay, Kaiser Chiefs...
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2005, 11:27:43 AM »

Yeah, Liam's lyrics are a bit....weak

Is it my imagination or has his voice changed on the latest album - which would be a shame because his menacing delivery was really what made Oasis.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
grendood
Banned
Rocker

caught on film.

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2005, 11:44:37 AM »

Yeah, Liam's lyrics are a bit....weak

Is it my imagination or has his voice changed on the latest album - which would be a shame because his menacing delivery was really what made Oasis.

thats the beauty of liams songwriting, here you have this menacing hell raising singer who is only just learning how to write songs, his lyrics are childlike and playful and the meaning of soul is just pure rant. I like all his songs, songbird is beautiful I even like little james. he's definitely capable of writing glorious songs.
Chris Misfit
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2005, 08:27:14 PM »

He's got a face I'd never get tired of slapping.
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2005, 06:31:31 AM »

He's got a face I'd never get tired of slapping.

Makes a change from kissing the poster you have of him!  Kiss
grendood
Banned
Rocker

caught on film.

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2005, 06:32:23 AM »

Liam > God.

grendood
Banned
Rocker