Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 05:36:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Will the New GNR play ?Since I don?t have you? on the new Tour?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Will the New GNR play ?Since I don?t have you? on the new Tour?  (Read 15254 times)
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2005, 07:19:44 PM »

I love TSI it's so fucking great! I would like to hear "Since I don't have you" and "Aint it fun" insteed of "KOHD" and "Live and let die"...

HELL YEAH! what 'bout human being? this song makes me reach new highs when i hear it!, damn right I have no words to describe what I feel for Axl! that guy does rule when he sings it!!!!!? ok

I think Human Being is easily one of the strongest covers on that album. Down on the Farm, and Aint it Fun come in before it for me though.

Human being is a masterpiece, gnr is the only band able to play it that way!, honestly other bands will not play that song perfectly, if you hear its lyrics you understand why Axl made the choice to sing it, even this cover is much better than the original song, anyway it's my favorite one!  smoking
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2005, 07:29:25 PM »

I love TSI it's so fucking great! I would like to hear "Since I don't have you" and "Aint it fun" insteed of "KOHD" and "Live and let die"...

HELL YEAH! what 'bout human being? this song makes me reach new highs when i hear it!, damn right I have no words to describe what I feel for Axl! that guy does rule when he sings it!!!!!? ok

I think Human Being is easily one of the strongest covers on that album. Down on the Farm, and Aint it Fun come in before it for me though.

Human being is a masterpiece, gnr is the only band able to play it that way!, honestly other bands will not play that song perfectly, if you hear its lyrics you understand why Axl made the choice to sing it, even this cover is much better than the original song, anyway it's my favorite one!? smoking

I dont know if Id go as far as to say its better than the original by the Dolls, but it is an intriguing cover nonetheless.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2005, 07:35:52 PM »

Human being is a masterpiece, gnr is the only band able to play it that way!, honestly other bands will not play that song perfectly, if you hear its lyrics you understand why Axl made the choice to sing it, even this cover is much better than the original song, anyway it's my favorite one!? smoking

I dont know if Id go as far as to say its better than the original by the Dolls, but it is an intriguing cover nonetheless.

Hell yeah! It?s better than the original by the Dolls, their singer ain?t have a' amazing voice like Axl, either they didn't have a guitar player like Slash, the Dolls was a band who tried to do all they could those times but GNR appeared to change the show business forever!, GNR is the best rock band ever,.. Oh fuck!!!!!!!!!!!
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2005, 08:00:19 PM »

It seems GNR never played that song at some concert before!, there are some ?intros? but they didn?t played it at all, something tells me they had plans to play it sooner or later before the band got separated n? destroyed but when GNR came back again in 2001 AXL didn?t seem to care ?bout it anyway, does Axl hate the spaghetti incident album truly?? Did he never wanna record that album honestly? ?Everyone knows it?s a good album, even ?Since I don?t have you? it?s a masterpiece too but There?s something very weird behind this story cuz Axl keeps TSI off his plans TO DATE!

well, You stole me the idea Ven, hehe just kidding, I hope with all my heart, they play at least since I dont have you in the new tours, cause its an excellent cover... it would be a waste to let it in the album...
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2005, 09:11:01 PM »

It seems GNR never played that song at some concert before!, there are some ?intros? but they didn?t played it at all, something tells me they had plans to play it sooner or later before the band got separated n? destroyed but when GNR came back again in 2001 AXL didn?t seem to care ?bout it anyway, does Axl hate the spaghetti incident album truly?? Did he never wanna record that album honestly? ?Everyone knows it?s a good album, even ?Since I don?t have you? it?s a masterpiece too but There?s something very weird behind this story cuz Axl keeps TSI off his plans TO DATE!

well, You stole me the idea Ven, hehe just kidding, I hope with all my heart, they play at least since I dont have you in the new tours, cause its an excellent cover... it would be a waste to let it in the album...

The same here but do ya think Axl gets afraid of the u.s.a low to play it these days  nervous ? Its author is Charles mason n' he has a lot of enemies in the u.s.a still; something tells me Axl made the choice to deny TSI totally all because of that!
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2005, 09:48:40 PM »

The same here but do ya think Axl gets afraid of the u.s.a low to play it these days? nervous ? Its author is Charles mason n' he has a lot of enemies in the u.s.a still; something tells me Axl made the choice to deny TSI totally all because of that!

"Since I Dont Have You" is not written by Charles Manson...

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2005, 10:02:30 PM »

AxlRoseVen, dude, your a really funny guy and I'm starting ta get a side ache, but really spaghetti incident was an upset to alot of people, we really didn't see its true comming. 

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2005, 10:06:40 PM »

"Since I Don't Have You"
(Joseph Rock/James Beaumont and The Skyliners)
Bonnyview Music Corp. adm. by Southern Music Publishing Co. Inc. ASCAP
Originally recorded by the Skyliners - 1958

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/releases/the-spaghetti-incident/since-i-dont-have-you.html

Performed live: "Since I Don't Have You" was used as an intro to "Sweet Child O' Mine". It was performed for the first time June 16, 1992, in Gateshead, England, but it didn't return to the setlist until March, 1993. In New Haven, March 6, 1993, it was played as an intro to "Paradise City".

In Their Own Words

Axl: When we started rehearsing and living in a little crap hole off Sunset and Gardner, it was just a song, for some reason, I wanted to do, and Slash wanted to do it a long time ago and we really don't know why we weren't motivated.

Slash: I heard you sing it when you were living at my house and since you sang it with so much fervor.

Axl: I don't know why I really like that song, I just did and we were on the road, we had there days off in Boston and the song just fit things at the time and so we went and did it without having any clue of really what it was going to sound like musically, because it's a really different string arrangement and everything than the original and we went in and just had fun with it.

Slash: There's a good story going behind that song because I think it was one of the first songs that started to turn the Spaghetti Incident? thing into an actual album. And we did it on off-time on the road and recorded it in some makeshift studio in Boston, brought like rental gear down there coz all our gear was on the truck and that was how badly we wanted to do it. We just pulled out whatever we had and talk about Gilby's guitar, we used his practice guitar and we couldn't find a guitar store in Boston.

Slash: I played Gilby's Tele on "Since I Don't Have You" because I had rented a Les Paul that was a piece of shit.

Gilby: It's a terrible song. I don't like it. When we did the Punk album (`The Spaghetti Incident?'), we'd record stuff on days off. We did 'Since I Don't Have You' in Boston in one day! I didn't think it was gonna be on the record.

source/thanks to http://home.no.net/dalgnr/info/songinfo/tsi/sidhy.htm ?ok
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2005, 02:23:42 PM »

The same here but do ya think Axl gets afraid of the u.s.a low to play it these days? nervous ? Its author is Charles mason n' he has a lot of enemies in the u.s.a still; something tells me Axl made the choice to deny TSI totally all because of that!

"Since I Dont Have You" is not written by Charles Manson...

I ever knew Charles Mason didn't write since i don't have you but i just meant TSI contains one of his songs so Axl doesn't wanna get problems with the u.s.a LAW, maybe the guy was afraid after recording that song!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2005, 03:43:03 PM by AxlRoseVen » Logged
madagas
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2005, 02:24:44 PM »

Ven, crack is wack buddy...... Grin
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2005, 02:27:17 PM »

I ever knew Charles Mason didn't write since i don't have you but i just meant TSI contains one of his songs so Axl doesn't wanna get problems with the u.s.a low, maybe the guy was afraid after recording that song!

Ahhh, USA LAW, i understand now. ok

You know what dude? I don't even think you can get that song on TSI anymore if you buy it new.

Besides SIDHY has nothing to do with "Look at Your Game Girl" why would it cause legal problems Huh

AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2005, 03:49:28 PM »

I ever knew Charles Mason didn't write since i don't have you but i just meant TSI contains one of his songs so Axl doesn't wanna get problems with the u.s.a low, maybe the guy was afraid after recording that song!

You know what dude? I don't even think you can get that song on TSI anymore if you buy it new.

Besides SIDHY has nothing to do with "Look at Your Game Girl" why would it cause legal problems Huh

In Venezuela you can get it on TSI these days n' the reason why SIDHY'd bring legal troubles to Axl it's cuz everyone knows that song belongs to a' album which gives a tribute to a criminal maniac called Mason, at least in the u.s.a Axl has a lot of enemies all cuz of he used that creepy t-shirt many times! but I honestly say i'm not sure why he doesn't wanna play SIDHY to date!
chineseilusions
Sweet home Alabama
VIP

Now that's a llama

« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2005, 04:01:59 PM »

I know they were supossed to take it off but as of 4 years ago its still on the album because I bought TSI? then and its on it
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2005, 04:28:07 PM »

I know they were supossed to take it off but as of 4 years ago its still on the album because I bought TSI? then and its on it

Yeah and 4  years ago they were going to take off one in a million off of lies and never did.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2005, 04:43:26 PM »

Yeah and 4? years ago they were going to take off one in a million off of lies and never did.

that's why I say Axl/GNR have balls to face the world!, we gotta live in democracy, no one must shut our ideas up, i wouldn?t buy any gnr's stuff if this one gets edited someday!  smoking

GNR Rules ! beer
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2005, 04:46:12 PM »

Yeah and 4? years ago they were going to take off one in a million off of lies and never did.

I heard that they were supposed to do it but, i didn't know if they did or not. I bought lies cd in 1991 (I only had the tape until then cuz i never had a cd player till after the uyi's came out nervous ) and TSI the day it was released

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2005, 04:58:57 PM »

Yeah and 4  years ago they were going to take off one in a million off of lies and never did.

that's why I say Axl/GNR have balls to face the world!, we gotta live in democracy, no one must shut our ideas up, i wouldn?t buy any gnr's stuff if this one gets edited someday!  smoking

GNR Rules ! beer
Geez...Is the sarcasm a bit too much?

No both the songs aren't on those albums anymore.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2005, 05:13:24 PM by ppbebe » Logged
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2005, 05:07:53 PM »

LMFAO! I was just flippin trough the tv channels , I get to WGN and I hear SIDHY!! LOL , someone was singing it on a show called "moesha"

hahah

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2005, 05:20:30 PM »

Hell yeah! It?s better than the original by the Dolls, their singer ain?t have a' amazing voice like Axl, either they didn't have a guitar player like Slash, the Dolls was a band who tried to do all they could those times but GNR appeared to change the show business forever!, GNR is the best rock band ever,.. Oh fuck!!!!!!!!!!!

You're right.. it's not that they were one of the major precursor's to the punk movement without which we wouldn't have GN'R or anything.. The New York Dolls weren't anything special at all.

For any American's reading this, that was sarcasm.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2005, 06:36:30 PM »

The Doll's version kils the guns version. The GN'R one sounds too "busy" and it fails to catch the original garage band feel.

gnrevolution.com
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: