Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 05:14:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Suicide.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Suicide.  (Read 7457 times)
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« on: October 10, 2005, 01:16:30 PM »

There was some bad news when I got to work.

A woman, Anne, didn't show at work last thursday and her body was found two days from that.

It's hard to understand all of this and I think everyone has sometimes thought about killing themselves since "everything is so shit anyway". But we don't go through with it since our mind tells us this ain't a dead end.

Her mind must've said there ain't no other option and her husband was doing a fine job with that, bossing her around and calling her names and basicly ruining her last brink of selfrespect. I didn't know about this but her closer friends told me. She had been talking about how her husband wouldn't let her come to this party and that he would go afterwards to a hotel. She was depressed before and maybe that was the final straw.

I didn't know her too well even if I did work with her over two years and I thought she was a little bit like a joke being hysterical about everyone and everything. And she made a big deal about every error she made.

Now I wish to change few things but I can't. I could've said some nice words when on a coffee break instead of talking with the friends I have. I could've done that.

I've always thought it takes courage to live, but still I didn't think she would have it in her to pull anything like this through.

No note has been found where she would explain. And I know I'm not the only one asking themselves if there could've been anything we could have done to help her.

Rest in peace Anne.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2005, 01:42:32 PM by Blue Cut » Logged

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2005, 04:28:05 PM »

funny how your best friend is around smokin' bongs with you n' the next mornin' he's found dead hangin' from a fuckin' tree... Shocked

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2005, 05:23:26 PM »

Suicide Is the most cowardly deed you could do. Not having the courage to live your life.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
SLCPUNK
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2005, 05:35:08 PM »

Suicide Is the most cowardly deed you could do. Not having the courage to live your life.

It is a selfish act indeed,but I would not judge others, we have no idea of the despair some people may go through.
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2005, 05:49:22 PM »

It is a selfish act indeed,but I would not judge others, we have no idea of the despair some people may go through.
Exactly, GnRFL if every wrong thing happened to the wrong person, you, are you sure you wouldn't break?

And she was on a medication since she was having a bad depression. I guess this proves the pills won't help if you don't handle the cause.

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2005, 08:44:41 PM »

That's bullshit.  Suicide is not the coward's way out.  It may be an easier way out, but it takes balls of steel to do it.  That's why most people who attempt it are just trying to get attention.  They don't have the nerve to actually go through with it.  Life is like a movie theatre, if you've sat half way through it and hated every minute, no one should blame you for walking out early.
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2005, 08:52:52 PM »

I'm sorry for your loss, Blue Cut.

My uncle committed suicide last year. He struggled with depression and alcohol. I feel bad for not spending more time with him. When people are depressed the last thing they need is to be alone.
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2005, 04:10:48 AM »

I understand her.

It'(s not just a question of not being able to live life, but not having courage to do what should be done.
Dying is less violent. You know everything's ended beyond. Black. But it's not scary, it's peaceful
No more torture over what should be done and can't be done.

No more " i have to leave him but i can't, i know i'm a whimp but couldn't do it alone, am paralysed but can still do one thing to save myself or/and my honor".

She only Hara Kiri-ed herself.

She kept her self worth in doing this. It was probably the only place she thought she had some.

Forgive her.

Nothing to say
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2005, 10:54:56 AM »

I really hate when people commit suicide, sometimes I think they have more options more than kill themselves, anyway people sometimes go through difficult situations and not all the people can handle well a rough time in life. Hope she's in a better place

No man can be my equal
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2005, 11:42:47 AM »

Bobby Gaylor - Suicide

Animals don't have a choice.
If they're not happy with their place in the world... too bad.
They have to live the life they've been given.
Humans, on the other hand, don't have to.

We have a choice.
If you don't like your place in the world
you can get off anytime you want.
Suicide. That's right.

You don't like the way your life's going,
you don't like the way you are in the world,
anything around you,
you can check out anytime you like.

Animals aren't allowed that thought
and believe me, if they were, they would use it.
There'd be a lot of dogs and cats, owned by assholes
that live in high-rises, diving out the windows.
Zebras... if they even had remotely that thought
would take a look at themselves and go, 'What the F*#K!
Black & white in a green & brown world... this blows.
I'm just gonna jump in the river.... I don't have a thumb to work a gun or hold a knife or even open a jar of pills. I'm just gonna dive into the next lion's mouth. Why even bother?'
Now, monkeys have the opposable thumb so they could kinda do it the exact same way we do.

Now, there's a bunch of people that say, 'Oh, it's against the law'. Well, it's only against the law if you do a crappy job and get caught. Other people say, 'Oh, we should save them'. Yeah, well you know what? Not everybody wants to be saved. Not everybody should be saved. And who are we to force our will upon them? I mean, isn't that one of the joys about being a human? Freedom of choice? Now, it's not all bad. Now, I'm not saying 'Kill yourself'. But if you're gonna be an idiot and do it anyway, it's no sweat off of my back. There's a lot of good that could come from it. A little bit of bad thrown in. Some of the things: A job will open... An apartment will become available... There'll be more air for me... They say there's two girls for every guy - if you're a man, there'll be four chicks for me... There'll be more Ketel One vodka for me... There'll be one less idiot in line at the bank who gets up to the window without their F*#King slips filled out... I won't ever have to go to the store to buy my favorite Salt & Vinegar Chips and have the clerk point at you and say, 'They bought the last bag'.... You won't help change the McDonald's sign to a Hundred Billion Served... You'll never get AIDS... You won't have to worry about calories ever... No more, 'Hey, does this make me look fat?'... There'll be one less polluting human...You won't have to recycle... There'll be one less car on the road... There'll be more Ring Dings for me... Fifty or so chickens' lives will be spared... Your fingers won't ever get red from eating pistachios... You won't be forced to visit your Grandparents on Sundays anymore... No more church... You'll be saying, 'Hey, World - Kiss My Ass!'... No more wet dreams about Supermodels... No more Barry Manilow... For a few years anyway... Wondering 'Am I a loser?' will be a thing of the past... Say good-bye to crappy Xmas presents from Aunts and Uncles... You won't have to suffer through a Motley Crue reunion... F*#K flossing and brushing... You'll never lose sleep over a pregnancy scare... Adios, Acne... Worrying whether you fit in or not won't be on your brain... See ya later, homework... You'll never have to sit through another movie brought to you by the creators of South Park... Schools out forever.... No more paying bills... You won't have to do chores... You won't be able to run over toads with the lawnmower though... You'll also miss McDonald's French Fries... Bugs Bunny... The amazing electrifying feeling that surges through your body when you kiss someone for the first time...

You won't be able to watch the letterbox director's cut of Jaws... Candy... Living above ground... Pudding crust... You'll miss the rush of getting your first apartment... Getting to the point in your life where you can tell your parents to 'F*#K Off! I gotta make my own mistakes....you did'... You'll miss sex - you'll miss thinking about it, looking for it, sex by yourself, sex with a partner, sex with multiple partners... No more summer nights that seem to go on forever... Roller coasters.... Naming your kid the name you always wanted... Making a difference in the world... You'll miss the experience and pleasure of Hallucinogenics... Watching your neighbor's wife change clothes with her blinds open... A lifetime of masturbating... Watching your favorite team sweep the series... Music... You will definitely miss music... Trying to sneak into your house drunk - three hours past your curfew... You'll miss the blaze and glory of the 4th of July fireworks... The taste of Captain Crunch... If you're a boy, you'll miss the feeling the first time you reach up a girl's shirt... If you're a girl, the feeling the first time you reach down a boy's pants... You'll miss your favorite coat... Waffles with whipped cream and strawberries... Beating your friends at video games... You won't be around to see what shape and color the new marshmallow in Lucky Charms will be... You'll miss the feeling you get when reminiscing about your first love - thirty years after the fact... The joy of giving and receiving at Christmas... Skinny dipping... Getting stoned, reading Green Eggs & Ham, and eating like a horse that got loose in the grain bin... Flying cars... Hey, you were born - Finish what was started.

Captain Obvious
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2005, 10:53:51 PM »

If you feel that you have no choice but to take your own life, ask yourself: "Whatever I try to do to solve my problems, can it possibly lead to me to a worse outcome than being dead?"

The answer is No. You are just paralyzed by fear and are unable to think straight. If you have reached the point of wanting to take your own life, you have very little to lose. If you have very little to lose, you might as well get rid of all your fears and do everything that you feel will make your life better. A person considering suicide have sunk to the bottom and the only place left to go is up.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2005, 01:39:48 AM »

I agree it would be  hard to kill yourself

but people have to realize that shit gets better

if u die its over

if u live u can make changes in your life and get to the other side.

u gotta survive

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2005, 04:05:53 AM »

Lost 3 friends to suicide, n' im only 22.

.......in the end, it fuckin' is the cowards way out, they leave us behind to deal with them gone n' all the shit that comes with it for the rest of our lives.

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2005, 05:18:20 AM »

.......in the end, it fuckin' is the cowards way out, they leave us behind to deal with them gone n' all the shit that comes with it for the rest of our lives.

I wouldn't say it's cowardly, because it takes a lot of courage to end your own life. However, it is outright selfish, leaving the people that love u to deal with all the shit. Suicide is never a solution to anything. Any problem can be solved.

Fuck 'Em All.
Jessica
Legend

Still there

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2005, 05:58:17 AM »

I think it's selfish to say that because some people love us, we can't die.

I think it's also selfish to think that the way we are loved is how one SHOULD be loved or wants to be loved.

So if my man hits me, and i want to die, you're going to say " hey, don't do it, he loves you, with his fists but he does" ?

What sort of shit is that ?

Nothing to say
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2005, 06:05:06 AM »

I think it's also selfish to think that the way we are loved is how one SHOULD be loved or wants to be loved.

So if my man hits me, and i want to die, you're going to say " hey, don't do it, he loves you, with his fists but he does" ?

No, people are not sayin this.

What (I believe) they mean is that because someone treats you like shit, doesn't mean you have to kill yourself. You gotta find the courage and fight back.

Divorce him, go to the police, find someone who loves you and ask for help. I'm pretty sure that someone will help you.

Commiting suicide is like admiting you lost.

anythinggoes
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2005, 06:28:51 AM »

No, people are not sayin this.

What (I believe) they mean is that because someone treats you like shit, doesn't mean you have to kill yourself. You gotta find the courage and fight back.

Divorce him, go to the police, find someone who loves you and ask for help. I'm pretty sure that someone will help you.

Commiting suicide is like admiting you lost.

just think of all the things you will miss out on thats what i do, daughter growing up there is always a way out besides youll never hear Chinese Democracy peace
Jessica
Legend

Still there

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2005, 11:00:19 AM »

You know, this whole talk goes to show that some people don't seem to understand how tired some people can be.

I know for i have wanted to end it, and have friends who have ( mostly on drugs at the time).

Do you know how much energy it takes to fight back ?

How do you take what you already gave to survive ?

Have you, in your life, ever thought " oh what a cycle of shit !!!! "

I don't mean weeks or months of shit, but years ?

Now imagine some people have had shit from the beginning and imagine after DECADES, it's still not ended.

Imagine they hoped, time after time after time and yet, despite all changes they made to themselves or their lifes, something always brings them back into the pot of shit ?

I don't judge ...

Personally, now, iwouldn't commit suicide i think, because i believe i have answers waiting for me in my life and until i got them, i am not going anywhere.

Nothing to say
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2005, 11:07:24 AM »

That's exactly what I was saying.

Fuck 'Em All.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2005, 11:13:36 AM »

Have you, in your life, ever thought " oh what a cycle of shit !!!! "

I don't mean weeks or months of shit, but years ?

Well, yes I have, and you know what keeps me strong? The things I've seen since I first had that thought...

I still have a mark on my hand that reminds me every day, how stupid would I be if I had finished what I started that day.

I wouldn't have met 3 members of GNR, I wouldn't have seen the new GNR twice, VR, I wouldn't have met all these bands I've met and I've become friends with lots of them, all these girls I had since then, all the joy and the sadness I've felt...

I'm sorry to dissapoint you by not agreeing with you but I think that yes, sometimes life treats you like shit, but these are the times when you gotta take control of yourself and get fuckin real.

Suicide is the stupidest thing someone can do, cause you never know what's waiting for you around the corner.

Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get...

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: