Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 02:29:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228119 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CD in december according to Dutch Radio Veronica (RUMOUR)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD in december according to Dutch Radio Veronica (RUMOUR)  (Read 20288 times)
DemocracyRose
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2005, 05:32:25 PM »

This will be intesting to follow..............................................................
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2005, 05:43:15 PM »

Dutch Democracy Starts NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2005, 05:54:52 PM »

Dec is still the best time for an album release. Like I said before I think for Sact to try and make up for their losses they will want a good 4th quarter, and having CD in that could be a much needed boost.

Can someone please explain how releasing CD will have a massive impact on Sanctuary, presumably they are getting paid for managing Guns even though CD hasnt been released. Surely the people who will reap the benifits will be the record company and Axl himself. Sanctuary are just management with a bit of publishing thrown in on the side (small bit of old material, all the new stuff). I guess they could see some money coming in from the publishing rights they aquired but i dont think Axl is going to whore out the catalog to adverts/movies etc any time soon!

Jonx
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2005, 08:35:30 PM »

I guess they could see some money coming in from the publishing rights they aquired but i dont think Axl is going to whore out the catalog to adverts/movies etc any time soon!

Jonx

I'm probably wrong , but , I thought they bought the rights to use the democracy songs however they saw fit?

Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2005, 08:42:43 PM »

Dec is still the best time for an album release. Like I said before I think for Sact to try and make up for their losses they will want a good 4th quarter, and having CD in that could be a much needed boost.

Can someone please explain how releasing CD will have a massive impact on Sanctuary, presumably they are getting paid for managing Guns even though CD hasnt been released. Surely the people who will reap the benifits will be the record company and Axl himself. Sanctuary are just management with a bit of publishing thrown in on the side (small bit of old material, all the new stuff). I guess they could see some money coming in from the publishing rights they aquired but i dont think Axl is going to whore out the catalog to adverts/movies etc any time soon!

Jonx

Geffen/Intersocpe makes money off of the CD sales obviously

but just about everything else is covered by publishing rights
Sanctuary will be able to beigin receiving licensing fees for the publication of GN'R beginning with the Mechanical Fee that the record company would have to pay to Sanctuary. ?Thats apt to be a large amount. ?
There will also be moneys collected from merchandising paid to Bravado (owned by sanctuary)  (stuff like this likely will be ready to go before release)
There's radio play and other public performance or broadcast of CD material which will generate money for Sanctuary also (remember royalty trail: ASCAP to Black Frog to Sanctuary).

I don't know how much of this would take place how quick from the time material is released....
but obviously the sooner its released the sooner they (Sanctuary) begin to collect

although....
the way i understand it, the Mechanical License fee would be paid to them before the release, because Geffen has to pay that before they can 'cut' the CDs. ?Its based on how many they 'cut'.... ?price per unit... lets say Geffen obtains license to 'cut' 1 million and CD is released 12/20... it doesn't matter if CD doesn't sell those million copies before the end of the year, Geffen will have already paid this before the 12/20 release.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2005, 08:45:12 PM by Eva GnRAxlRosette » Logged
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2005, 09:34:40 PM »

Jonx

Geffen/Intersocpe makes money off of the CD sales obviously

but just about everything else is covered by publishing rights
Sanctuary will be able to beigin receiving licensing fees for the publication of GN'R beginning with the Mechanical Fee that the record company would have to pay to Sanctuary.  Thats apt to be a large amount. 
There will also be moneys collected from merchandising paid to Bravado (owned by sanctuary)  (stuff like this likely will be ready to go before release)
There's radio play and other public performance or broadcast of CD material which will generate money for Sanctuary also (remember royalty trail: ASCAP to Black Frog to Sanctuary).

I don't know how much of this would take place how quick from the time material is released....
but obviously the sooner its released the sooner they (Sanctuary) begin to collect

although....
the way i understand it, the Mechanical License fee would be paid to them before the release, because Geffen has to pay that before they can 'cut' the CDs.  Its based on how many they 'cut'....  price per unit... lets say Geffen obtains license to 'cut' 1 million and CD is released 12/20... it doesn't matter if CD doesn't sell those million copies before the end of the year, Geffen will have already paid this before the 12/20 release.

Thank you for that, cleared alot of things up!

Jonx
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2005, 10:37:49 PM »

how long was greatist hits promoted for

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
legolas
Opening Act

Vicarious existence is a fucking waste of time!

« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2005, 07:40:51 AM »

Just heard on Dutch Radio Veronica that Chinese Democracy will be released in December.
Haven't got a clue yet where they've got their information from, but will try to find out.

Has any other Dutch GNR fans heard this??

When did you hear this?, 'cause I've been listening to veronica pretty much all day long

Hey Grouse, I've heard this around 15.15 hours. I think. Posted right after i've heard it. Send a mail to Ferry Maat and Ron Bisschop at Veronica. Ferry only mailed: In december!!. Ron send the last mail wich I posted yesterday. Haven't heard anything further.

230622-Groningen,120717-GoffertP-Nijmegen,060412-Ahoy-Rdam,100310-Gdome-Arnhem,
070206-GoffertP-Nijmegen,082402-Pukkelp-Hasselt060593-Goffertp-Nijmegen062392-Feyenoord, Rdam
legolas
Opening Act

« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2005, 07:45:28 AM »

Dutch Democracy Starts NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just take a look: http://www.dutchdemocracy.nl/
Dutch GNR fanforum, so nothing in English hihi
« Last Edit: October 11, 2005, 07:47:29 AM by legolas » Logged

070206-GoffertP-Nijmegen,082402-Pukkelp-Hasselt060593-Goffertp-Nijmegen062392-Feyenoord, Rdam
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2005, 08:20:14 AM »

Well.......... Just got word back from veronica (in Dutch):
Dank voor je reactie.

Als je wat verder Google-t, zul je zien, dat het beloofde album in
november uitkomt, maar volgens de platen maatschappij wordt dat
december. Vandaar.
Het zou er ""eerder zijn dan jouw kerstboom"" in ieder geval.

Groet,

Ron Bisschop (DJ)
Veronica

In English:
Thanks for you reaction.
If you try to Google a bit deeper, you'll see that the album will be released in November. But according to the record company it will be December.
It will be there befor you've got your X-mas tree
Greetings
Ron Bisschop (DJ)
Veronica

Seems to me that they've based it on the know rumour from Pauze & play and others:
http://gnr.nu/Default.aspx?TabID=52&articleType=ArticleView&articleId=22

Still trying to find out what record company they are talking about.

Jarmo ?

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2005, 08:32:02 AM »

If the record company actually has it scheduled for release in December, we'll know about it pertty soon I guess.

What makes it weird is that they first mention Google.  nervous

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2005, 09:00:14 AM »

If the record company actually has it scheduled for release in December, we'll know about it pertty soon I guess.

What makes it weird is that they first mention Google.  nervous

/jarmo

I'm guessing they got the Nov, 2005 thing from a simple google search for 'gnronline' - and we know how accurate that's proved in the past.

The big question is, though, where did they get the Dec 2005 thing from.  They say 'record company' - but do they mean the Dutch chapter of it, or Interscope proper, or who knows.

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2005, 09:13:07 AM »

What makes it weird is that they first mention Google.? nervous

/jarmo

I'm guessing they got the Nov, 2005 thing from a simple google search for 'gnronline' - and we know how accurate that's proved in the past.

The big question is, though, where did they get the Dec 2005 thing from.? They say 'record company' - but do they mean the Dutch chapter of it, or Interscope proper, or who knows.

-darknemus

Well, the Google search only says "news and information on Chinese D." Not any release date... So, where could they get this from?

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2005, 09:13:36 AM »

Lets cross our fingers Wink

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2005, 09:15:39 AM »

Lets cross our fingers Wink

lets do that! Cheesy

Darknemus. arent u in the radio bizz? Maybe you could get some info  ok

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #55 on: October 11, 2005, 09:30:45 AM »

I'm not in the radio business.  I'm in the technology business.  I know some people in the radio business - but this isn't the kind of info that would be obtainable from them, anyway.

It sounds like someone who speaks Dutch needs to be making some phonecalls, because I'm guessing the info came from some Dutch-based subsidiary of Interscope.  (If Radio Veronica isn't lying, that is)

-darknemus
« Last Edit: October 11, 2005, 09:34:20 AM by darknemus » Logged

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
legolas
Opening Act

« Reply #56 on: October 11, 2005, 09:43:48 AM »

What makes it weird is that they first mention Google.? nervous

/jarmo

The big question is, though, where did they get the Dec 2005 thing from.? They say 'record company' - but do they mean the Dutch chapter of it, or Interscope proper, or who knows.

-darknemus

Well, the Google search only says "news and information on Chinese D." Not any release date... So, where could they get this from?

I've asked the same question in another mail to the radio station, but still no reply  Sad

Nightfall
The Evil Dutchess
VIP

« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2005, 09:46:40 AM »

I hate to rain on your parade, but I highly doubt that the Dutch will be the first to get the scoop on CD.
well it could happen...coz this dutchie was also the first to know about the cancelled european tour in 2001....still got the faxes to prove it Wink

Nightfall On Tour 2012:
NY: Februari 10 & 12
France: June 5, 11, 14 & 19
legolas
Opening Act

« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2005, 09:49:53 AM »

I'm not in the radio business.? I'm in the technology business.? I know some people in the radio business - but this isn't the kind of info that would be obtainable from them, anyway.

It sounds like someone who speaks Dutch needs to be making some phonecalls, because I'm guessing the info came from some Dutch-based subsidiary of Interscope.? (If Radio Veronica isn't lying, that is)

-darknemus

The DJ's who replied to my mails are very respected DJ's and are making radio for at least 20 years, i think. Futhermore Radio Veronica is one of the stations which really likes GNR. Their listeners voted AFD at #9 in their Top 750 album list www.heretodaygonetohell.com/ news/shownews.php?newsid=1458

I will send them another mail for some more info about the record company, but can't promise any replies

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #59 on: October 11, 2005, 09:54:04 AM »

I'm not in the radio business.? I'm in the technology business.? I know some people in the radio business - but this isn't the kind of info that would be obtainable from them, anyway.

It sounds like someone who speaks Dutch needs to be making some phonecalls, because I'm guessing the info came from some Dutch-based subsidiary of Interscope.? (If Radio Veronica isn't lying, that is)

-darknemus

The DJ's who replied to my mails are very respected DJ's and are making radio for at least 20 years, i think. Futhermore Radio Veronica is one of the stations which really likes GNR. Their listeners voted AFD at #9 in their Top 750 album list www.heretodaygonetohell.com/ news/shownews.php?newsid=1458

I will send them another mail for some more info about the record company, but can't promise any replies

Why not try to call them?  ok

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: