Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 01:48:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228119 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CD in december according to Dutch Radio Veronica (RUMOUR)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD in december according to Dutch Radio Veronica (RUMOUR)  (Read 20249 times)
DemocracyRose
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2005, 01:35:17 PM »

Thanks for posting... But I dont think they know anything... Especially not, when they bring google into this..

Well, we just have to wait and see...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2005, 01:39:40 PM »

I hate to rain on your parade, but I highly doubt that the Dutch will be the first to get the scoop on CD.
hihi hihi hihi

that was the first thing that popped into my head.. An american based band that has LA or NYC and the dutch know first rofl

Are you really that closeminded?

I remember being told about a Pearl Jam live album in September 1998 by a Sony Music employee at a music fair I went to. It wasn't reported on the Internet at the time and wasn't made public until weeks later. How was that possible?

It doesn't require that much logic to figure out that when there's a release date, Universal will probably let all the offices around the world know. If the Dutch office tells a radio station there the news, then it's possible they could be the first ones to actually announce the news before the official press release is sent out.

I'm not saying this was the case now, but all this "it's an American band so it's impossible for anybody outside the USA to know" stuff is just stupid.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2005, 02:06:11 PM »

See what happens, strikes me as being a bit far fetched though, its starting to get very late for a December release, unless something happens very very soon. On the other hand it could be true, leaks are more likely to come from 3rd rate branch of a major company as opposed to a 1st rate branch, ie the UK and the US. Who knows, someone else who can speak both Dutch and English email the station and ask them again, see what happens!

Jonx

I've just send the email so let's see what they have to say this time Undecided
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2005, 02:34:21 PM »

a december release is just wishful thinking

Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2005, 02:50:28 PM »

I still believe a 2005 release is possible.

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2005, 03:03:24 PM »

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic here, but a 2005 release is indeed possible.

GN'R don't need too much promotion, once the word is out, everyone will know in a few days...

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2005, 03:12:42 PM »

I hate to rain on your parade, but I highly doubt that the Dutch will be the first to get the scoop on CD.
hihi hihi hihi

that was the first thing that popped into my head.. An american based band that has LA or NYC and the dutch know first rofl

Are you really that closeminded?

I remember being told about a Pearl Jam live album in September 1998 by a Sony Music employee at a music fair I went to. It wasn't reported on the Internet at the time and wasn't made public until weeks later. How was that possible?

It doesn't require that much logic to figure out that when there's a release date, Universal will probably let all the offices around the world know. If the Dutch office tells a radio station there the news, then it's possible they could be the first ones to actually announce the news before the official press release is sent out.

I'm not saying this was the case now, but all this "it's an American band so it's impossible for anybody outside the USA to know" stuff is just stupid.

/jarmo

I meant nothing buy it... I jam just thinking such a tight lipped project would have a big market like the ones I mentioned geting the info first..
cineater
Legend

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2005, 03:49:06 PM »

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic here, but a 2005 release is indeed possible.

GN'R don't need too much promotion, once the word is out, everyone will know in a few days...

Me too, I believe.  Cut it lose.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2005, 03:53:00 PM »

Just heard on Dutch Radio Veronica that Chinese Democracy will be released in December.
Haven't got a clue yet where they've got their information from, but will try to find out.

Has any other Dutch GNR fans heard this??

Well you know man, since it isn't Axl himself who spreads the date of the album, it will only be a sad rumour...
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2005, 04:01:58 PM »

a 2K5 release remains a distinct possibility.  I still think March 29, '06, but that's just me.

You all do realize that the album will pretty much promote itself, right?  Talk about a snowball effect.  All we need is one press release and you'll have a 3-5 minute blurb on most every nation / International entertainment news type of program.  It will probably generate another 30-45 seconds on most local newscasts.  Last, but not least, you're looking at pretty much every radio station in the WORLD devoting time to discussion of it. 

That's promotion without spending a dime.

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2005, 04:04:54 PM »

true! I dont think that December is to early! But remember what Richard said. And when that is said, remember what Tommy said! He talked about some GNR news that might be soon! Could be a single ...  smoking

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
DemocracyRose
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2005, 04:46:23 PM »

true! I dont think that December is to early! But remember what Richard said. And when that is said, remember what Tommy said! He talked about some GNR news that might be soon! Could be a single ...? smoking

I have also wondering about that.... RIR5? Releasedate?
privatereserve
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2005, 04:50:05 PM »

BULLSHIT, its not happening
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2005, 04:51:35 PM »

I still believe we can get a release date this year, possibly as soon as right after Thanksgiving here in the US. ?I believe this album would sell wonderfully across the world, but in the US I think the time to strike is after Thanksgiving. ?Alot of money will be spent domestically during that time. ?Here's to hoping. beer

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2005, 04:58:55 PM »

Jarmo, its not being close minded, its being realistic. Axl's project has been under a veil of secrecy for a decade. The Dutch or the Mongolians will NOT leak any real news.

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2005, 05:04:24 PM »

Jarmo, its not being close minded, its being realistic. Axl's project has been under a veil of secrecy for a decade. The Dutch or the Mongolians will NOT leak any real news.

A leak can happen anywhere in the world. It's not a song leak. It's the release date, or the release year or month leak. It could happen anywhere in the world...

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2005, 05:17:08 PM »

Hmmm, maybe the Mongolians have already leaked everything as neither GN'R camp nor we would know of that.

true! I dont think that December is to early! But remember what Richard said. And when that is said, remember what Tommy said! He talked about some GNR news that might be soon! Could be a single ...  smoking

Good idea!  Cheesy

GN'R woulon't need too much promotion, but they might just as well drop A promo video for a kickoff.

Well said saul. As Christos AG said
it's possible, believe it or not. otherwise, a 2006 release is possible.
Or rather, a 2005 release followed by a 2006 release is also possible.
The Hinge
Headliner

Here Today...and every bloody day

« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2005, 05:25:56 PM »

When is Rock In Rio 5?
http://rockinrio-lisboa.sapo.pt/

"Rock in Rio-Lisboa vai voltar em 2006.
As datas marcadas s?o a 27 e 28 de Maio e 2,3 e 4 de Junho
."

if gnr play in lisboa,i will be there

Just be wary mate, I found myself last year watching the foo fighters in Lisbon instead of guns..... was still good but not what I paid a shit load of cash for !!! But that's the chance you take........ beer

'Most organized religions make a mockery of humanity'
ckgent
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2005, 05:28:04 PM »

something i would like to point out regarding if the dutch would be told or not is this, in the us new cds come out on a different day of the week from the uk and europe i think. As monday is the usual day here, perhaps it makes sense that europe would know first. Its monday and the rumour started in europe, with america being a few hours behind, perhaps you will hear something later in the states. Your release comes later.

Europes chinese democracy starts now
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2005, 05:30:03 PM »

Dec is still the best time for an album release. Like I said before I think for Sact to try and make up for their losses they will want a good 4th quarter, and having CD in that could be a much needed boost.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: