Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 01:18:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Def Leppard
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Def Leppard  (Read 148079 times)
SLCPUNK
« Reply #500 on: June 25, 2007, 04:11:29 AM »

I thought Euphoria was good.

I thought it was a great album.
GeraldFord
« Reply #501 on: June 25, 2007, 07:28:02 AM »

Didn't like it at all--no balls.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #502 on: June 25, 2007, 01:16:08 PM »

I just scored second row tickets for the August Tampa show!

I'll be sure to post my pictures here.

Cool Cool

Richard-you will not be allowed to view them.

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #503 on: June 25, 2007, 01:20:59 PM »

Didn't like it at all--no balls.

if u dont like the band why do u post here?

Def Leppard have produced an amazingly consistent volume of work and if later albums dissapoint its only because we know they can do so much better

anyway,

it is annoying how few shows Def Leppard play in the UK - i8t seems to get less each year, they usually hit Sheffield and London and thats it.....before they disappear off to the US to do 800 consecutive nights

Quick! To the bandwagon!
GeraldFord
« Reply #504 on: June 25, 2007, 03:08:49 PM »

if u dont like the band why do u post here?

(1) I do like the band---the OLD band.
(2) That is really beside the point, this is a thread to discuss a band, not suck their dick. If I want to say a band sucks, this is the thread to do it.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #505 on: June 25, 2007, 03:19:17 PM »

If I want to say a band sucks, this is the thread to do it.

Yea but it gets kind of lame after a while-you've made your point quite a few times. Most of us in this thread enjoy all their work.
GeraldFord
« Reply #506 on: June 25, 2007, 04:00:46 PM »

Yea but it gets kind of lame after a while-you've made your point quite a few times. Most of us in this thread enjoy all their work.

They shoulda called it quits after Clarke died!
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #507 on: June 25, 2007, 05:34:35 PM »

Yeah, Def Leppard are a great band. They have some solid songs on every album... as far as a "album" goes, there's not many bands that can make a great "album".

Def Leppard lost a little bit of edge after Clark, (Adrenalize). They are still good.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
SLCPUNK
« Reply #508 on: June 25, 2007, 09:03:27 PM »

I heard you twice the first time.
Risico
Rocker

You will lose everything...

« Reply #509 on: June 25, 2007, 10:00:00 PM »

I'm 1/2 and 1/2 on post-Hysteria Def Leppard.

Adrenalize was alright.
Slang was something different, and I both liked and respected it.
Euphoria was terrible, save for "Promises."
X was a departure, and I'll give it that much - Otherwise, it was barely passable..

Yeah! is a surprisingly awesome album.

I'm intrigued though by the idea of a new DL album, not really going in with any expectations, but I'm interested.

When all is said n' done, we're not the only ones...
GeraldFord
« Reply #510 on: June 25, 2007, 10:44:10 PM »

I heard you twice the first time.

I bet if Rick Allen had been in KISS Gene and Paul would have tried to sell his arm when it fell off.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 10:47:27 PM by RichardNixon » Logged
SLCPUNK
« Reply #511 on: June 25, 2007, 11:45:46 PM »

I bet if Rick Allen had been in KISS Gene and Paul would have tried to sell his arm when it fell off.

"I'll be here all week-don't forget to tip the bartenders-try the veal."

GeraldFord
« Reply #512 on: June 26, 2007, 09:57:18 AM »

"I'll be here all week-don't forget to tip the bartenders-try the veal."

Is that from a movie?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #513 on: June 26, 2007, 02:56:22 PM »

Generic lounge comedian routine. Maybe from a movie, I have no idea.

Edit: Fed Ex just delivered my second row tickets for August (From Ft Lauderdale-fast) so I'm set!

Kady.52
Headliner

Me, You An' My Ball & Chain

« Reply #514 on: June 26, 2007, 03:31:53 PM »

it is annoying how few shows Def Leppard play in the UK - i8t seems to get less each year, they usually hit Sheffield and London and thats it.....before they disappear off to the US to do 800 consecutive nights

^
Exactly, an i know i awready said this, but they're english ffs.  anyways think of how many bands are still making albums that are an absolute pile of toss. for example, I love WASP, but after Inside The Electric Circus, they should've called it a day. I still bought the latest album but its just WASP by numbers really.
I think all def leppard fans should be glad that each album has at least 3 great songs and the rest are good enough so that you don't really need to skip tracks.

dont be so ungrateful.

Angels wear spandex.

Sarkozy makes me ashamed to be French
GeraldFord
« Reply #515 on: June 27, 2007, 08:19:36 AM »

Does anyone know how much Pete Willis played on Pyromania? Who did more work on the album, him or Collen?
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #516 on: June 27, 2007, 04:31:37 PM »

Eric Schelkopf of Northwest Herald recently conducted an interview with DEF LEPPARD guitarist Vivian Campbell. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow:

Northwest Herald: This looks to be a long tour, going until the end of September. Are you looking forward to it?

Vivian: Yeah, but that's actually a short tour for us. This is probably the shortest we've ever done. It's 50 shows total. But there's nothing wrong with that, you know.

Northwest Herald: What should people expect from the shows?

Vivian: This is the first time in our career that we've ever toured without a record to promote. So it will definitely be a catalog show. We're dipping in and pulling out a couple of more obscure songs that we've never played before for our more hardcore fans. It's a balancing act. You can't please all of the people all of the time. But we realize that there's a certain percentage of hardcore LEPPARD fans who saw us on the last tour, and who will come out to see us this summer, and we have to do something different for them, as well as for ourselves.

Northwest Herald: Last year, you released "Yeah!", which was a tribute album to the band's musical heroes. Are you working on anything new?

Vivian: We just finished a new album. That will be mixed while we are on the tour. We're also waiting for one, maybe two songs from Mutt Lange, our longtime producer and collaborator. We're holding off on the release of the record until we get that done.

Northwest Herald: What should people expect from the new album?

Vivian: It's really influenced by the covers album, in terms of that project taking us right back to our musical roots. We've avoided the ballads and long drawn-out album cuts. It's very melodic and sort of high-energy for us.

Northwest Herald: Was it hard filling the shoes of Steve Clark?

Vivian: Yes and no. On a musical level, no, not at all. On a personal level, yeah. Those guys had never worked with anyone other than Steve. Steve was one of the founding members of the band. I'm sure it was extremely difficult for the rest of the guys in the band. By the time I joined DEF LEPPARD, I had already been a member of DIO and WHITESNAKE and couple of other projects in between. For me, it wasn't unfamiliar territory joining a new band.

Northwest Herald: DEF LEPPARD has had to endure its share of tragedy, with the death of Steve and drummer Rick Allen severing his left arm in a car accident. Has that really toughened the band?

Vivian: I suppose so. There's a lot of unity in the band. I think what's kept this band together is that there is a collective ego in DEF LEPPARD, as opposed to a bunch of individual egos. We're all realizing that the music is bigger than all of us, and that's what it is about.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #517 on: June 28, 2007, 09:05:52 AM »

Def Leppard kicked off its "Downstage Thrust Tour 2007" Wednesday night (June 27) in Cincinnati, Ohio. The group's setlist was as follows:

01. Rocket
02. Animal
03. Excitable
04. Foolin'
05. Mirror, Mirror
06. Let it Go
07. Love Bites
08. Rick Savage solo
09. Rock On
10. Two Steps Behind
11. Bringin' On the Heartbreak
12. Switch 625
13. Hysteria
14. Armageddon It
15. Photograph
16. Pour Some Sugar On Me
17. Rock of Ages

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
GeraldFord
« Reply #518 on: June 28, 2007, 10:06:35 AM »

Def Leppard kicked off its "Downstage Thrust Tour 2007" Wednesday night (June 27) in Cincinnati, Ohio. The group's setlist was as follows:

01. Rocket
02. Animal
03. Excitable
04. Foolin'
05. Mirror, Mirror
06. Let it Go
07. Love Bites
08. Rick Savage solo
09. Rock On
10. Two Steps Behind
11. Bringin' On the Heartbreak
12. Switch 625
13. Hysteria
14. Armageddon It
15. Photograph
16. Pour Some Sugar On Me
17. Rock of Ages
Sounds like a great setlist.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #519 on: June 28, 2007, 04:14:35 PM »

I hope they play Women when they come to Tampa.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 36 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: