Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 09:23:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Def Leppard
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Def Leppard  (Read 159139 times)
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #380 on: March 11, 2007, 06:07:47 PM »

Its just a shame really, people only complain about the band because of the great love they have for them, its heartbreaking seeing potential wasted and being fed storiest you KNOW are patently untrue. Admit it, even you chuckle as you read the press releases.

Ok, I get it, GN'R lies to you all the time. You're one of those people.

I see.

On the other hand:

thats why Def Leppard rock, they are so honest they even tell you in advance whether to bother with the album - kudos!

/jarmo

Ya know, there was a point to that somewhere....

I think i'll stick to talking about Def Leppard in this thread though.

which tracks off adrenalize do you dig the most?

html sucks
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #381 on: March 11, 2007, 06:11:47 PM »

i just listened to the first post steve album by them. "adrenalize" IT ROCKS!

minus the ballads

fucking awesome album.

actully Steve Clarke co-wrote most of the songs on the album or at the very least was heavily involved in early work on them

I cant remember off the top of my head whether Vivian Campbell played on that album or if he joined after wards...

anyway it is a good album, though the easiest Leppard album to take a swing at - the bands decision at the height of grunge to do their most 'pop' album is bizzare even 15 years on - i'd have thought the death of a bandmate would have pushed them into a slightly more introspective album, but it seems it only increased their determination to resist grunge

'make love like a man' and 'i wanna touch u' are my favs, absurdly stupid songs really - but they always bring a smile to my face - 'white lightning' is the one song on the album i think they could have left out, its the only song i'd call 'weak' from their first 5 albums

Quick! To the bandwagon!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #382 on: March 11, 2007, 06:18:57 PM »

minus the ballads

fucking awesome album.

actully Steve Clarke co-wrote most of the songs on the album or at the very least was heavily involved in early work on them

I cant remember off the top of my head whether Vivian Campbell played on that album or if he joined after wards...

anyway it is a good album, though the easiest Leppard album to take a swing at - the bands decision at the height of grunge to do their most 'pop' album is bizzare even 15 years on - i'd have thought the death of a bandmate would have pushed them into a slightly more introspective album, but it seems it only increased their determination to resist grunge

'make love like a man' and 'i wanna touch u' are my favs, absurdly stupid songs really - but they always bring a smile to my face - 'white lightning' is the one song on the album i think they could have left out, its the only song i'd call 'weak' from their first 5 albums

i think steve wrote alot of it, but didnt play on it (though demo versions of them are available, tear it down with steve playing is so much better)

i like "heaven is" really enjoyable song.

html sucks
SLCPUNK
« Reply #383 on: March 11, 2007, 11:21:43 PM »

Heaven is a wonderful song, very catchy..
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #384 on: March 12, 2007, 01:58:05 AM »

minus the ballads

fucking awesome album.

I think MLLAM was another one of those inside joke songs.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
EstrangedReality
« Reply #385 on: March 12, 2007, 03:01:29 AM »

Def Leppard sucks.  Lips Sealed

They're okay cheese. Everyone needs dairy once in a while. They're better than some other cheese bands.

But ultimately, that's all they are: cheese.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #386 on: March 12, 2007, 03:22:21 AM »

They're okay cheese. Everyone needs dairy once in a while. They're better than some other cheese bands.

I'd classify you in between Neufch?tel and Morbier....but that's just me.
EstrangedReality
« Reply #387 on: March 12, 2007, 03:29:48 AM »

I'd classify you in between Neufch?tel and Morbier....but that's just me.

I like how you can never seem to respect other people's opinions.

I'm not a Def Leppard fan. You feel a need to try to personally insult me for that?

You started a thread about Def Leppard and it's open for discussion. Certainly you didn't expect everyone to agree with you.

But I'm glad you're up to date on your cheeses, SLC.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 03:31:47 AM by Russian Roulette » Logged
SLCPUNK
« Reply #388 on: March 12, 2007, 03:34:22 AM »

I don't understand why somebody would post in a thread just say they thought the band sucked.  Huh But that's just me.

If you think me categorizing you as a French cheese is a personal insult, then I'm sorry. Seems as if you are a bit touchy, try a stronger sunblock.

EstrangedReality
« Reply #389 on: March 12, 2007, 03:36:24 AM »

I don't understand why somebody would post in a thread just say they thought the band sucked.  Huh But that's just me.

If you think me categorizing you as a French cheese is a personal insult, then I'm sorry. Seems as if you are a bit touchy, try a stronger sunblock.

I guess you're right. Being a French cheese might be a nice life goal.

I'm just tired. I usually elaborate more on why I dislike bands, but I just think Def Leppard is rather corny. But, as I said, occasionally I listen to some stuff. My favorite song is one no one ever talks about - "Long Long Way to Go."
SLCPUNK
« Reply #390 on: March 12, 2007, 03:46:07 AM »

My favorite song is one no one ever talks about - "Long Long Way to Go."

No fine cheese is complete without a beverage to compliment the wonderful earth tones which they embody. Although you don?t know it yet, it is terroir you desire, please allow me to suggest a bottle of our finest Chateneuf de pape?
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #391 on: March 12, 2007, 12:34:27 PM »

I'm just tired. I usually elaborate more on why I dislike bands, but I just think Def Leppard is rather corny. But, as I said, occasionally I listen to some stuff. My favorite song is one no one ever talks about - "Long Long Way to Go."

Other than gnr, what bands do you think are really amazing then (miss out the obvious ones such as queen etc if you like those...)

html sucks
EstrangedReality
« Reply #392 on: March 12, 2007, 01:22:02 PM »

Other than gnr, what bands do you think are really amazing then (miss out the obvious ones such as queen etc if you like those...)

Some bands I like:

The Beach Boys
Belle and Sebastian
Pavement
Television
Neutral Milk Hotel
Yo La Tengo
Aerosmith
Yes
My Bloody Valentine
The Replacements
Dinosaur Jr.
The Stooges
The Jesus and Mary Chain
The Velvet Underground
The Rolling Stones
The Doors
Rage Against the Machine
Slowdive
Jane's Addiction
Mot?rhead
Mogwai
Nirvana
Soundgarden
Mott the Hoople
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #393 on: March 12, 2007, 01:27:46 PM »

Some bands I like:

The Beach Boys
Belle and Sebastian
Pavement
Television
Neutral Milk Hotel
Yo La Tengo
Aerosmith
Yes
My Bloody Valentine
The Replacements
Dinosaur Jr.
The Stooges
The Jesus and Mary Chain
The Velvet Underground
The Rolling Stones
The Doors
Rage Against the Machine
Slowdive
Jane's Addiction
Mot?rhead
Mogwai
Nirvana
Soundgarden
Mott the Hoople

lol you call def leppard cheese when you like one of the original cheese icons, the beach boys....

html sucks
EstrangedReality
« Reply #394 on: March 12, 2007, 01:40:56 PM »

Some bands I like:

The Beach Boys
Belle and Sebastian
Pavement
Television
Neutral Milk Hotel
Yo La Tengo
Aerosmith
Yes
My Bloody Valentine
The Replacements
Dinosaur Jr.
The Stooges
The Jesus and Mary Chain
The Velvet Underground
The Rolling Stones
The Doors
Rage Against the Machine
Slowdive
Jane's Addiction
Mot?rhead
Mogwai
Nirvana
Soundgarden
Mott the Hoople

lol you call def leppard cheese when you like one of the original cheese icons, the beach boys....

I bet you've never listened to Pet Sounds, have you?

The act first gained popularity as the musical spokesmen for surfing, girls, and cars, but their chief composer Brian Wilson's growing creative ambitions transformed them into a more artistically innovative combo.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beach_Boys#Brian.27s_innovations_and_personal_difficulties

You realize that Lennon and The Beatles cited Pet Sounds as the inspiration for Sgt. Pepper? And that McCartney thinks "God Only Knows" is the most emotional song ever written?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 01:43:35 PM by Russian Roulette » Logged
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #395 on: March 12, 2007, 01:48:41 PM »

high & Dry, pyromania and hysteria are brilliant...but after that there are only a handful of tracks i like...the dbl GH (Rock of Ages) is amazing beer

havent heard the new disk Undecided

EstrangedReality
« Reply #396 on: March 12, 2007, 02:12:01 PM »

high & Dry, pyromania and hysteria are brilliant...but after that there are only a handful of tracks i like...the dbl GH (Rock of Ages) is amazing beer

havent heard the new disk Undecided

New one's kinda fun - they do a re-make of 20th Century Boy and it sounds better than most covers of the song.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #397 on: March 12, 2007, 04:39:37 PM »

Some bands I like:

The Beach Boys
Belle and Sebastian
Pavement
Television
Neutral Milk Hotel
Yo La Tengo
Aerosmith
Yes
My Bloody Valentine
The Replacements
Dinosaur Jr.
The Stooges
The Jesus and Mary Chain
The Velvet Underground
The Rolling Stones
The Doors
Rage Against the Machine
Slowdive
Jane's Addiction
Mot?rhead
Mogwai
Nirvana
Soundgarden
Mott the Hoople

The act first gained popularity as the musical spokesmen for surfing, girls, and cars, but their chief composer Brian Wilson's growing creative ambitions transformed them into a more artistically innovative combo.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beach_Boys#Brian.27s_innovations_and_personal_difficulties

You realize that Lennon and The Beatles cited Pet Sounds as the inspiration for Sgt. Pepper? And that McCartney thinks "God Only Knows" is the most emotional song ever written?

i dont like the beatles so that means nothing to me lol....

html sucks
EstrangedReality
« Reply #398 on: March 12, 2007, 05:48:40 PM »

Some bands I like:

The Beach Boys
Belle and Sebastian
Pavement
Television
Neutral Milk Hotel
Yo La Tengo
Aerosmith
Yes
My Bloody Valentine
The Replacements
Dinosaur Jr.
The Stooges
The Jesus and Mary Chain
The Velvet Underground
The Rolling Stones
The Doors
Rage Against the Machine
Slowdive
Jane's Addiction
Mot?rhead
Mogwai
Nirvana
Soundgarden
Mott the Hoople

i dont like the beatles so that means nothing to me lol....

Then maybe it would mean something if I said that Brian Wilson has more in common with Axl Rose than any other artist.

Check out the history of "Smile," an album that took 40 years to make.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #399 on: March 12, 2007, 07:06:17 PM »

I think you should possibly give up ever trying to have any sort of musical taste, and any dreams you have of being some form of musician.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 36 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: