Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 11:22:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Def Leppard
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Def Leppard  (Read 159174 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #360 on: March 08, 2007, 12:05:45 PM »

As I said, people can listen to whatever they want. A lot of people would say I listen to crap too.

I just find it amusing because I've been reading Izzy's whiny posts for so long.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #361 on: March 08, 2007, 03:07:17 PM »

This guy is spreading lies about me in a fucking Def Leppard thread.

at the risk of sounding beligerant (and spelling beligerant wrong...)

...what lies would these be?

I had a quick flick back over my posts - not sure where i said anything of the sort, everything was phrased as a question or joke Undecided

By the way Izzy, I did attend university.? ok

Kool, which one - and what did you study?

I don't care if people listen to Def Leppard or Warrant. I find it amusing how the one guy who I see complaining about everybody and everything has a soft spot for Def Leppard and Oasis.

I complain about everything.....except Def Leppard and Oasis?

So i dont complain about everything..... hihi

Listen to 'Bring it on down' by Oasis, its real punk fuelled Mancunian rock'n'roll, might kick start an interest in them, and dont judge Def Leppard too harshly by 'lets get rocked', trust me, live, it works and the band did write it as a joke.

'Ride into the sun' or 'Ring of fire' are the tracks to go for first with Def Leppard - and guess what, they are b-side ''filler' tracks

The one thing Oasis and Def Leppard have in common is an acceptance amongst fans that they produce b-sides that rival any album track - check out Oasis's 'Lets all make believe'

Quick! To the bandwagon!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #362 on: March 08, 2007, 04:19:40 PM »

dont forget tear it down izzy, thats a badass one!

html sucks
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #363 on: March 08, 2007, 07:49:40 PM »

The one thing Oasis and Def Leppard have in common is an acceptance amongst fans that they produce b-sides that rival any album track - check out Oasis's 'Lets all make believe'

That's not hard when your album is filled with filler tracks.....  Tongue

By the way, you called me a "pawn of GNR's management".

Considering you know nothing about me, that's a bold statement to make.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #364 on: March 08, 2007, 09:55:02 PM »

What a funny miserable person you are.

You remind me of Ross Halfin's blog. Whine, whine, whine but Def Leppard rules!

who's Ross Halfin? Might have to check his stuff out

Integrity enough to to put out shit just to get on the radio?

opinion my dear friend, opinion - what is good music? Can you quantify that?

That's because you have no idea what you're talking about.

I have no idea about Def Leppard Huh Isnt it enough to own their stuff, go their shows and read about them? What more can i do?

But that's hardly not surprising considering the things I've seen you post here.

Indeed - saying Def Leppard is good - outrageous!

Why are you even here if GN'R are so horrible and the live show wasn't any good?

....not in the GNR section are we?

I come here for the off topic sections

and the live shows were awful imo, i saw them a few times - just to be sure Wink

For somebody who lacks taste you certainly are amusing.? Tongue

so i'm wrong to like hair metal? hihi

Is hair metal one of the forbidden topics now?

I also love bands like Nirvana, AIC, Pearl Jam, Screaming Trees - no taste right?

You come across as one of those pompous assholes who think they know better than anybody else because they went to the university.

i was pompous long before i went to uni hihi

I take it you didnt go? U really should.

On a serious note, i refrain from personal insults as board policy dictates - for the children reading, maybe you should too? A disagreement doesnt need to become a slagging match

One more thing: Def Leppard? Hahahaha! No offense to anybody who likes them, but it's funny that this guy loves them. Mr Cool himself.... Fucking priceless.

I cant like them and be cool? Damn.

Why does it bother you that people like different music to you?

Why are you in a Def Leppard thread just to slag them off?

From the videos I've seen on youtube they sounded great in england.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #365 on: March 09, 2007, 07:36:28 AM »

I saw Def Leppard live with Journey twice last year and they were great.  I must say though that Journey actually got a warmer response at the Tweeter Center in MA.  I think they're a very solid ban up until 1993.  They've had a few good songs here and there since then but for the most part they've been going by the release an album with a couple good songs mantra, which is strange.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #366 on: March 09, 2007, 08:03:40 AM »

That's not hard when your album is filled with filler tracks.....? Tongue

Lol - good one hihi

Now i hold high standards for the bands i like, and i'll call a spade a spade - but Def Leppard really dont have filler tracks (well maybe on Euphoria ''Back in your face'' - what the hell was that?!?, and that was a single!)

Hysteria had 7 singles, yet the real gems are 'Gods of war' and 'Run riot' - neither was a single but they really should have been - thats a total of 9 songs that were or should have been singles from one album!

By the way, you called me a "pawn of GNR's management".

I really hope that isnt true, but removing articles because the band might disapprove? - What i said might not have been fact, but i dont think its a lie either - there is a worrying shade of grey where that comment falls

Considering you know nothing about me, that's a bold statement to make.

Perhaps thats true - but i've seen viewpoints contradictory to the band silenced, when just months before they were discussed openly, maybe your not a lakey to the band, maybe they havent asked you to do anything,

but,

the fact is what you have been doing is very much what the band would want

I dont blame you, if the band had taken an interest in my site i'd have moved heaven and earth to continue that association.

Its just a shame really, people only complain about the band because of the great love they have for them, its heartbreaking seeing potential wasted and being fed storiest you KNOW are patently untrue. Admit it, even you chuckle as you read the press releases.

thats why Def Leppard rock, they are so honest they even tell you in advance whether to bother with the album - kudos!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #367 on: March 09, 2007, 08:23:23 AM »

Now i hold high standards for the bands i like

What does that mean anyway? The way one perceives music is subjective, if you were listening to shitty bands (just for the sake of argument Grin), you wouldn't realize it yourself.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 09:03:00 AM by Skeletor » Logged

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #368 on: March 09, 2007, 08:28:02 AM »

Its just a shame really, people only complain about the band because of the great love they have for them, its heartbreaking seeing potential wasted and being fed storiest you KNOW are patently untrue. Admit it, even you chuckle as you read the press releases.

Ok, I get it, GN'R lies to you all the time. You're one of those people.

I see.

On the other hand:

thats why Def Leppard rock, they are so honest they even tell you in advance whether to bother with the album - kudos!

/jarmo

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #369 on: March 09, 2007, 12:23:57 PM »

i just listened to the first post steve album by them. "adrenalize" IT ROCKS!

minus the ballads

fucking awesome album.

html sucks
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

« Reply #370 on: March 09, 2007, 01:31:20 PM »

What does that mean anyway? The way one perceives music is subjective, if you were listening to shitty bands (just for the sake of argument Grin), you wouldn't realize it yourself.
Yeah look at what you and walk listen to. puke

Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #371 on: March 09, 2007, 02:10:57 PM »

My point exactly. I can only hope to one day fathom the utter genius of M?tley Crue et al...

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #372 on: March 09, 2007, 02:22:32 PM »

My point exactly. I can only hope to one day fathom the utter genius of M?tley Crue et al...

i dont quite get that comment.

in basic, you like or dont like motley crue?

html sucks
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

« Reply #373 on: March 10, 2007, 02:38:22 AM »

It's not suppose to be genius, it's straight up Rock N' Roll.

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #374 on: March 10, 2007, 05:43:12 AM »

so does he listen to all the death metal walk does then?

i find it funny him criticising motley crue, when they practically were the birth of it...they had satanic lyrics in some songs before most bands.

Also, whats so good about death metal, load of distorted guitars, double pedals, random man screaming and grunting bout how he and his cult need to burn the churches down in finland, blah blah....

html sucks
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #375 on: March 10, 2007, 06:16:33 AM »

^Good job with the immature & ignorant post. I'll have to consider if that's even worth responding to... Maybe later, if I'm really bored.

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #376 on: March 10, 2007, 07:09:51 AM »

^Good job with the immature & ignorant post. I'll have to consider if that's even worth responding to... Maybe later, if I'm really bored.

not really....just check out half the stupid bands from finland....

half of them dont even really believe in satan, just a marketing gimmic.

html sucks
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #377 on: March 11, 2007, 01:19:17 PM »

i find it funny him criticising motley crue, when they practically were the birth of it...they had satanic lyrics in some songs before most bands.

Also, whats so good about death metal, load of distorted guitars, double pedals, random man screaming and grunting bout how he and his cult need to burn the churches down in finland, blah blah....

Are you saying Venom was influenced by Motley Crue?

/jarmo

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #378 on: March 11, 2007, 01:49:00 PM »

Are you saying Venom was influenced by Motley Crue?

/jarmo
i dont know of venoms history or what they play. though i do recognise the name.

However, crue did satanic lyrics (not all the time but sometimes) like near the start of there career so they were one of the first bands to do it that way.

html sucks
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #379 on: March 11, 2007, 06:06:06 PM »

Ok, I get it, GN'R lies to you all the time. You're one of those people.

I see.

On the other hand:

/jarmo

Ya know, there was a point to that somewhere....

I think i'll stick to talking about Def Leppard in this thread though.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 36 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: