Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 01:38:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Def Leppard
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Def Leppard  (Read 159243 times)
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #320 on: June 19, 2006, 06:17:51 PM »

P.S. I'll give Brian May's review a little more weight than your's any day of the week.? yes

..and i care  Huh

Quick! To the bandwagon!
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #321 on: June 21, 2006, 07:50:28 PM »

A pretty good setlist, but why aren't they playing Foolin? nervous

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #322 on: June 23, 2006, 09:12:37 AM »

A pretty good setlist, but why aren't they playing Foolin? nervous

They only play that on American tours - the song wasn't a hit over here - but to be fair Def Leppard have never really had any hits in the UK, or any successful albums - Joe was talking about that strange phenomenon stage - they just never broke the UK market...

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #323 on: August 04, 2006, 12:48:26 AM »

I recently bought Yeah and I must say, it's an amazing cover album. Favorite track is Drive-in Saturday.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #324 on: August 04, 2006, 09:00:57 AM »

I recently bought Yeah and I must say, it's an amazing cover album. Favorite track is Drive-in Saturday.

Is that one of the walmart tracks?

'Yeah' is an entertaining listen, the best tracks were all played live when i saw them Cheesy Worth getting for sure - just a shame there wasn't more tracks really, a 2cd set would have been nice

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #325 on: August 04, 2006, 11:43:22 AM »

I seen Joe Elliot do this interview..I forget where its from but he I found it pretty cool...He says near the end of it that this album was one of his own personal things he wanted to do,to show where the band came from and to prove for the 100th time to the media that there not a fucking heaveny metal band lol...its pretty funny

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #326 on: August 04, 2006, 06:02:27 PM »

Is that one of the walmart tracks?

'Yeah' is an entertaining listen, the best tracks were all played live when i saw them Cheesy Worth getting for sure - just a shame there wasn't more tracks really, a 2cd set would have been nice
No it's track number eight on my copy. I bought mine at Target with the two bonus tracks "Action" and "When I'm dead and gone."

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #327 on: August 14, 2006, 04:54:46 PM »

DEF LEPPARD has added more shows to its current North American tour with JOURNEY. The newly added dates are as follows:

Oct. 11 - Fresno, CA @ Save Mart Center
Oct. 13 - Los Angeles, CA @ Hollywood Bowl
Oct. 14 - San Bernardino, CA @ Hyundai Pavilion
Oct. 16 - Albuquerque, NM @ Journal Pavilion
Oct. 17 - Loveland, CO @ Budweiser Events Center
Oct. 19 - Oklahoma City, OK @ Ford Center
Oct. 21 - Fargo, ND @ Fargo Dome
Oct. 22 - Omaha, NE @ Qwest Center
Oct. 24 - Grand Rapids, MI @ Van Andel Arena
Oct. 25 - Green Bay, WI @ Resch Center
Oct. 27 - Moline, IL @ The Mark
Oct. 28 - Bloomington, IL @ US Cellular Coliseum
Oct. 30 - Memphis, TN @ Fed Ex Forum

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #328 on: August 14, 2006, 06:29:29 PM »

Brandon Griggs of The Salt Lake Tribune recently conducted an interview with DEF LEPPARD guitarist Vivian Campbell. An excerpt from the chat follows:

The Salt Lake Tribune: There's been so much drama and tragedy in the band's history. Does that ever overshadow the music and become a distraction?

Campbell: Not at all. We in the band don't concern ourselves with any of that stuff. It's absolutely not an issue. We don't consider ourselves cursed or unlucky. If you take any group of people and track them over 27, 28 years, there's gonna be some good times and some bad times.

The Salt Lake Tribune: I would think that playing in a band with Rick Allen would be pretty inspiring.

Campbell: It is. Rick's an absolute marvel. He may be a better drummer now than when he had two arms, in terms of his timekeeping. He's so locked into the groove. He's very, very inspirational to us and to a lot of people in the audience. We're very lucky to have him.

The Salt Lake Tribune: DEF LEPPARD has been going for more than 25 years now. You've survived when a lot of bands from that time have faded away or broken up. Do you have any explanations for the band's longevity and popularity?

Campbell: When you think about bands from the '80s, you think of bands like M?TLEY CR?E and you think of Nikki Sixx and Tommy Lee and Vince Neil. They were all sort of bad-boy characters. Or you think about VAN HALEN and David Lee Roth. But when you think about DEF LEPPARD, most people really didn't know the guys in the band. LEPPARD has always been more about the music. It's the quality of the songs. We're very, very good at what we do. We work very hard.

The Salt Lake Tribune: And now you're all sober and in shape.

Campbell: Yeah, that's the other thing. We go to the gym. In any hotel in any city, you can find us at the gym. And nobody's got any drinking or drug problems. We're such a family band now ? everyone's got kids. It ain't the '80s anymore, you know?

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #329 on: September 06, 2006, 04:38:26 PM »

Launch Radio Networks reports: DEF LEPPARD have been famous for taking years to make a new album, but that might not be the case for their next project. The band was working on new material while recording their covers project "Yeah!", and according to a message from lead singer Joe Elliott on the official DefLeppard.com web site, "Although it's way too early to make promises... we're gonna try and get a new album done in time to tour in 2007." Elliott said the band was thinking about dates in Europe, where they played earlier this year, as well as heading to Japan and Australia. The singer did caution fans that nothing was set in stone, writing "Of course, anything can change ? and lots of things probably will!!!! ? but as of right now, that's our plan."

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #330 on: November 28, 2006, 09:54:41 PM »

DEF LEPPARD guitarist Vivian Campbell has posted the following message on teh band's official web site:

"It's that time again. I really have very mixed feelings about that time. I'm referring, of course, to the end of the tour. On the one hand, it's essential to go home ? especially as a parent. But there really is a strong sense of sadness associated with saying goodbye to a bunch of people with whom you've shared an intense association over several months.

"We all can relate to the sadness of saying goodbye, but for those of you not familiar with the lifestyle on a rock n' roll tour, let me explain a bit about what it is that Rick Allen refers to as 'submarine duty.'

"Due to the close proximity of touring and the circus-like nature of it, we all develop unique friendships that, in civilian life, would probably take years to nurture. It's a very surreal environment that often serves up bizarre situations that are ideal ice-breakers for getting to know a disparate bunch of people real quick. It's somewhat of a hyper-accelerated bonding process, all set against a Fellini-like backdrop.

"This tour in particular was even more intense, given the numbers of personnel involved between LEPPARD's and JOURNEY's crews. Most bands, it seems, have a clear line of demarcation that separates them from their road crews. LEPPARD have never adhered to this school of thought and thus we've always been proud of the fact that our crew enjoy their work with us as a result; we're all equal in it together...except that we're just better paid and get all the adulation and glory...but I digress. JOURNEY, I'm glad to say, seem to share this philosophy, and thus the whole nature of the 'Yeah!' tour 2006 has been one big mushy, feel-good, touchy-kissy, love-fest!

"Which is why it's so hard to say goodbye. Most of our own people we will see again, give or take a few. But the JOURNEY peeps will be lost to us, likely forever. We wish each and every one of them well, as we do you, dear LEPP-fans, for you, too, will be sadly missed. Till next time...what is it that Joe always says? Oh yeah; 'Don't forget us and we won't forget you.'

"Indeed, who could ever forget such an experience."

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #331 on: December 24, 2006, 10:59:38 AM »

DEF LEPPARD members Joe Elliott, Vivian Campbell and Phil Collen have revealed their New Year's resolutions via the following holiday messages on the band's web site:

Joe: "My New Year's resolutions? Phew! Guess you have to make them..... Stop biting my nails, don't drink as much, watch my football team win the premiership... No, seriously, it would be to try and make a fuckin' great record!"

Phil: "Merry Christmas, happy holidays and all the best for 2007 for everyone! And, here's a kind of resolution: we're going to try and get an album recorded and finished in 2007. That'll be a new one for us!"

Vivian: "Season's greetings and best wishes to all LEPPARD fans across the globe! Wherever you are, we wish you a peaceful holiday and a great new year ahead! And speaking of the New Year, here are my resolutions for 2007: firstly, I really, really want to unpack my suitcase and feel like I'm not traveling ? at least for a little while. Secondly, I intend to keep the band beholding to our earlier agreement to finish a new album in the first half of 2007. The naysayers don't believe that we can do it, but we'll prove them wrong. There's much excitement and anticipation about the album, too, as I believe that we'll actually make a better record through working to a deadline rather than having the usual open-ended arrangement. Look forward to seeing you all next year!"

mdttkk
Rocker

« Reply #332 on: December 24, 2006, 11:01:08 PM »

when def leppard came to Edmonton a few years ago i didnt know who they were, and a month after i became a big fan.  now they may never come back to edmonton  Undecided
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #333 on: December 25, 2006, 08:35:33 AM »

Me, I'm totally enjoying a Def Leppard rebirth of sorts.  After getting away from them after high school in the grunge era, I recently bought the re-mastered Hysteria, and rediscovered some of the killer songs from Adrenalize.  I'm glad the guys are still out there touring, recording, and doing what they love.  Talk about studio masters...they do know how to put a song together.     peace
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #334 on: February 04, 2007, 05:16:20 PM »

im majorly getting into these, they are highly commercial but, i dunno, i just dig them alot.

html sucks
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #335 on: February 21, 2007, 01:44:15 PM »

According to the Port-Huron Times-Herald, DEF LEPPARD is the latest blockbuster name added to the lineup for Rogers Sarnia Bayfest, set to take place July 19-22 in Sarnia, Ontario, Canada. The English pop-metal band will headline the concert July 21 in Sarnia's Centennial Park.

Tickets for DEF LEPPARD ? along with the previously announced AEROSMITH show on July 19 and three-day passes to the festival ? go on sale at 10 a.m. Saturday. Tickets are on sale for country star TOBY KEITH's July 20 concert.

About 20,000 tickets are available for each night's concert. Once they are sold, they are gone.

DEF LEPPARD has not yet announced any other tour dates for 2007.

"This is a big step for us," Bayfest organizer Michele Stokley said. "Basically they're starting with us as a date and working around us."

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #336 on: March 02, 2007, 12:24:45 PM »

DEF LEPPARD's official web site has been updated with the following message:

"So, if DEF LEPPARD is not hitting the road with KISS this year (as previously rumored), then who will they go out with? Although there is no official word that it will be the case for ALL dates on the 2007 tour, we can spill that the band is currently in the process of booking shows in the U.S. and Canada with rock veterans FOREIGNER and STYX. That's all we can tell for the time being, but stay tuned: more details and show dates will be announced on DefLeppard.com as soon as they are confirmed!"

DEF LEPPARD was scheduled to begin recording its next studio album in January at frontman Joe Elliott's house in Dublin. Basic ideas were hashed out on the road during the band's extensive tour in support of last year's covers album "Yeah!", a first for DEF LEPPARD.

"We've got about five or six songs on the go, and there'll be 11 or 12 on the final version," guitarist Phil Collen told Billboard.com in December. "We're trying to get it out for next summer, which for us would be amazing. But we've never been this far along. We come off tour, wait six months, then we start writing. We've already got that sorted out.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #337 on: March 05, 2007, 10:33:40 AM »

DEF LEPPARD frontman Joe Elliott has posted the following message on the group's official web site:

"Let's talk a little about the next album. We've been writing while on tour, really. At most shows, we did have this room set up backstage that we called the 'Sparkle Lounge,' where we were trying new ideas out, record little bits. We [were] gonna try and go into the studio in the first week of January. Our initial plan was to get it finished in May, which would make a possible August release and then do some European shows, followed by other places, but I'm not sure anymore if we'll able to do that anymore!

"As for the musical direction..... It will probably not be too far away from where we've always been, but looking at where everybody's head is right now, it's definitely gonna be an album like 'Yeah!'. You know, up-tempo, three-minute songs. Not as experimental as, say, 'X' was. Which was a bit of hip-hop here, a bit of straight up rock 'n roll there..... Sav's got a great song that sounds a lot like Gary Glitter meets U2 meets LEPPARD, and I've got this song which sounds like AC/DC during their 'Let There Be Rock' period. You know, daaaaw-deh-deddle-deddle-dee-daaaaaw, that kind of thing, with the vocals like this [hums vocal line], almost like 'Rock And Roll' by LED ZEPPELIN.....meets AC/DC! Full-on rock.

"And then Phil's got this song, and Vivian want to sit down with me to finish this other song..... You know, we've got a lot of ideas. Some of them are even 10 or 15 years old, but weren't used earlier because only now we feel we can use them.

"To record an album in 4 or 5 months, which we are set to do, is not hard. AC/DC's 'Back In Black' was done in 5 months. 'Led Zeppelin II' took two days to record! See, nobody is ever gonna sell 15 million records again, so what's the point in trying to. All we want to do is to make sure there's at least 3 or 4 songs on the album that are absolutely top notch, and the other 6 have got to be really really good, but they don't have to be hit singles, the kind of classics that you hear on the radio. With any hit album, there's three songs that everybody knows ? on 'Pyromania' for example, we had 'Foolin'', 'Photograph' and 'Rock Of Ages'. The pop-buying audience doesn't know any of the other songs on the album, because they're not played on the radio. Our FANS know them, of course, but the average radio listener doesn't.

"So, that's the plan, but as always.....things might, and most likely, WILL change! We're only at the beginning, so anything can happen.....!"

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #338 on: March 05, 2007, 02:01:06 PM »

DEF LEPPARD frontman Joe Elliott has posted the following message on the group's official web site:

"Let's talk a little about the next album. We've been writing while on tour, really. At most shows, we did have this room set up backstage that we called the 'Sparkle Lounge,' where we were trying new ideas out, record little bits. We [were] gonna try and go into the studio in the first week of January. Our initial plan was to get it finished in May, which would make a possible August release and then do some European shows, followed by other places, but I'm not sure anymore if we'll able to do that anymore!

"As for the musical direction..... It will probably not be too far away from where we've always been, but looking at where everybody's head is right now, it's definitely gonna be an album like 'Yeah!'. You know, up-tempo, three-minute songs. Not as experimental as, say, 'X' was. Which was a bit of hip-hop here, a bit of straight up rock 'n roll there..... Sav's got a great song that sounds a lot like Gary Glitter meets U2 meets LEPPARD, and I've got this song which sounds like AC/DC during their 'Let There Be Rock' period. You know, daaaaw-deh-deddle-deddle-dee-daaaaaw, that kind of thing, with the vocals like this [hums vocal line], almost like 'Rock And Roll' by LED ZEPPELIN.....meets AC/DC! Full-on rock.

"And then Phil's got this song, and Vivian want to sit down with me to finish this other song..... You know, we've got a lot of ideas. Some of them are even 10 or 15 years old, but weren't used earlier because only now we feel we can use them.

"To record an album in 4 or 5 months, which we are set to do, is not hard. AC/DC's 'Back In Black' was done in 5 months. 'Led Zeppelin II' took two days to record! See, nobody is ever gonna sell 15 million records again, so what's the point in trying to. All we want to do is to make sure there's at least 3 or 4 songs on the album that are absolutely top notch, and the other 6 have got to be really really good, but they don't have to be hit singles, the kind of classics that you hear on the radio. With any hit album, there's three songs that everybody knows ? on 'Pyromania' for example, we had 'Foolin'', 'Photograph' and 'Rock Of Ages'. The pop-buying audience doesn't know any of the other songs on the album, because they're not played on the radio. Our FANS know them, of course, but the average radio listener doesn't.

"So, that's the plan, but as always.....things might, and most likely, WILL change! We're only at the beginning, so anything can happen.....!"

wow - disturbingly honest

'we're just gonna do a few singles and then a load of filler cos no one will care....'

hey joe, i care!

why dont they do a real hard rock album like retro activ again?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #339 on: March 05, 2007, 02:36:46 PM »

wow - disturbingly honest

'we're just gonna do a few singles and then a load of filler cos no one will care....'

hey joe, i care!

why dont they do a real hard rock album like retro activ again?

i picked up on that too. i think he dropped a bollock on that one lol.

lets face it, they aint gonna be pyromania or hysteria again.

Especially with no steve.

html sucks
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 36 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: