Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 02:24:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228137 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Def Leppard
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Def Leppard  (Read 147864 times)
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #580 on: February 17, 2008, 07:19:42 PM »

That doesn't sound too bad.  I was worried when I heard they collaborated with Tim McGraw, but that does seem to rock a heckuva lot more than modern day Bon Jovi.

i think if the album stays at this level of rockage (or hopefully) rocks more then this should prove a come back for the band perhaps?

Lets just hope they keep the rock feel throughout the album and dont go tame on us.

html sucks
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #581 on: February 17, 2008, 07:23:52 PM »

Yeah I really haven't listened to much Def Leppard since Adrenalize, but that song seems to be on par with the songs off that album, or at least in that ballpark.  A good sign I'd say.  I'm sure there'll be a few ballads that won't necessarily "rock" but their ballads always seem to hit the spot.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #582 on: February 17, 2008, 07:37:39 PM »

Yeah I really haven't listened to much Def Leppard since Adrenalize, but that song seems to be on par with the songs off that album, or at least in that ballpark.  A good sign I'd say.  I'm sure there'll be a few ballads that won't necessarily "rock" but their ballads always seem to hit the spot.

as long as there ballads have good guitar playing on like there 84 to 92 era im happy!!!

html sucks
quarky
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #583 on: February 18, 2008, 01:30:50 AM »

There are no ballads on the album.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #584 on: February 18, 2008, 06:58:29 AM »

There are no ballads on the album.

issue there is, if they cant put there soft side out...that means the rock songs could end up being too melodic.

html sucks
quarky
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #585 on: February 18, 2008, 08:14:19 AM »

True, but I would guess that Nine Lives is their most "radio friendly" song. Also "Scar" on X shows that they can still rock. I guess we will find out, but I think it was Phil Collen who said that it was "written like Hysteria but produced like High and Dry".

Allowing for rose tinted glasses and wishful thinking, it does look a step back to the classic Lep sound. I would still expect more like Adrenalize than HnD, but hey, anything in between is good.

They did talk about one song being very "Queen sounding" which I will reserve judgement on.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #586 on: February 18, 2008, 08:26:07 AM »

aslong as its rock def leppard sounding, like there good days, ill be very happy.

html sucks
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #587 on: February 18, 2008, 08:45:39 AM »

Really?  No ballads? I find that hard to believe.  Where's this information come from?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
quarky
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #588 on: February 18, 2008, 09:15:39 AM »

A new interview with Phil Collen on Hershey radio reveals more about the new album "Songs From The Sparkle Lounge".

"All of the songs (on 'Yeah!') were recorded pretty quick, and I think it kind of influenced the way we've been doing this one," Collen said of the nearly finished new CD.

"I think it really saved us a lot of time," Collen said. "One of the big drawbacks is a band tours, they get off tour and they forget where they just were."

"The album's a lot more exciting than anything we've done in years," Collen said. "It's a rock album. There are no ballads on it and it's kind of in your face and a bit more, it's cool."

http://www.deflepparduk.com/albumnews4.html
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #589 on: February 18, 2008, 09:20:36 AM »

Interesting, they always handled ballads pretty well. I guess we'll see how much they "rock".

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #590 on: February 18, 2008, 09:27:30 AM »

No Ballads? Well that could be a good sign. Last few albums were a bit too ballad heavy.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
SLCPUNK
« Reply #591 on: February 18, 2008, 02:02:13 PM »

Sounds promising again.
KD8LNW
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #592 on: February 18, 2008, 04:20:50 PM »

Someone on Def Leppard's forum on there OS posted an mp3 for the new single 'Nine Lives'. Dont know if it is still up but sounds pretty damn good. The quality isnt the greatest but it doesnt sound too produced and it appears Rick Allen is playing an acoustic kit again which is great. I have it on mp3 if it isnt still up on there forum. (I just went back and read this post , i see someone already posted the new song. cool).

I have a friend who works for the local modern rock station selling ads, and granted this station a few years ago would never give a Leppard song any spins, they just recently started playing a few GN'R tracks. He said that one of the DJ's had received a three track test sampler cd and those that have heard it are absolutely raving about how good those three songs are. Apparently February 25th they are allowed to start playing tracks off of that promo and they are gonna play it. That alone has my interests high for this new album because as i said this station would have never played anything from Leppard a few years back. They primarily play stuff from bands like the Foo Fighters, play alot of VR, STP, Nirvana, stuff like that. So maybe this new one is gonna be a straight up rock album as band members have stated in interviews. I hope so.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 04:30:45 PM by darkdays_01 » Logged
quarky
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #593 on: February 18, 2008, 04:22:59 PM »

Or go one page back on this forum  Wink
KD8LNW
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #594 on: February 18, 2008, 04:29:02 PM »

Or go one page back on this forum  Wink

Thanks...I just edited my post  ok
quarky
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #595 on: February 18, 2008, 04:37:27 PM »

He said that one of the DJ's had received a three track test sampler cd and those that have heard it are absolutely raving about how good those three songs are. Apparently February 25th they are allowed to start playing tracks off of that promo and they are gonna play it.

Tracks, as in plural??? From the 25th?
KD8LNW
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #596 on: February 18, 2008, 04:50:14 PM »

He said that one of the DJ's had received a three track test sampler cd and those that have heard it are absolutely raving about how good those three songs are. Apparently February 25th they are allowed to start playing tracks off of that promo and they are gonna play it.

Tracks, as in plural??? From the 25th?

I guess the 25th is the date that stations are allowed to start playing the new stuff. Not sure if it is just for 'Nine Lives' or the other two tracks aswell. I know one of the other songs on the radio promo is called 'Hallucination'. He wasnt sure what the other track was called. I guess from what he gathered, the track 'Hallucination' is killer.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 04:51:52 PM by darkdays_01 » Logged
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #597 on: February 29, 2008, 02:24:58 PM »

DEF LEPPARD, Great Britain's premiere arena rock band, is back with a bang-kicking off 2008 with the release of their 14th studio album and a U.S. arena concert tour scheduled for this spring. Entitled "Songs From The Sparkle Lounge" (Bludgeon Riffola/Island/UMe), the album set for release on April 29, contains 11 new songs including the highly-anticipated single "Nine Lives" featuring a groundbreaking collaboration with country music superstar Tim McGraw. The band is set to debut the single on ABC-TV's "Dancing With The Stars" on April 29 and on "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" on April 30. "Songs From The Sparkle Lounge" is DEF LEPPARD's first album of brand new material since 2002's "X" and begins yet another remarkable new chapter in the band's 30-year recording career.

Recorded last year during month-long stints at lead singer Joe Elliott's Dublin studio, the album's title refers to a backstage area called "The Sparkle Lounge" on DEF LEPPARD's 2006 tour where the band would go to write songs. Tracks from the album have been described by the group as written in the style of "Hysteria", with the production of "High N' Dry".

"The whole record's got a great '70s feel," said lead singer Joe Elliott. "By our standards, it's a very different album as we've been very adventurous, musically, on certain numbers. On the album there are classic DEF LEPPARD songs and then there's also tracks that are very new-wave influenced while others sound like middle-to-late '70s AC/DC. There will definitely be some moments on it where anybody that's familiar with our music will go, 'Whoa! I wasn't expecting that!'"

The foundation for the album's collaboration with country music superstar Tim McGraw was layed at DEF LEPPARD's 2006 Hollywood Bowl show where McGraw joined the band on stage for an encore performance of "Pour Some Sugar On Me". The artists stayed in touch following the performance, and when the band started writing the song "Nine Lives" they immediately thought of reaching out to McGraw to sing on it. Guitarist Phil Collen flew to Nashville to play it for McGraw who loved it and recorded the song in Nashville shortly after. Other standout tracks on the album include "Go", reminiscent of the band's classic track "Rocket" in its power and aggressive tribal beat; "Love", an emotive and moving epic song; and the anthemic "Tomorrow", a song written by guitarist Collen about the death of his father.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #598 on: February 29, 2008, 08:17:38 PM »

i was just going to ask if any one knew about this new album i thought it was suposed to be out by now. But now i'll just ask, Why the fuck is country becoming more and more into metal? rant seriuosly starting to piss me off, first fuck Bon goddamn Jovi goes to fag land then DLR sold some of Van Halens songs to some blue grass hilbilly, then all of a sudden i was channle surfing the other day and saw DEE SNIDER on fucking "gone country". i saw that and my jaw droped.

this is really starting to piss me off

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #599 on: February 29, 2008, 09:05:48 PM »

i was just going to ask if any one knew about this new album i thought it was suposed to be out by now. But now i'll just ask, Why the fuck is country becoming more and more into metal? rant seriuosly starting to piss me off, first fuck Bon goddamn Jovi goes to fag land then DLR sold some of Van Halens songs to some blue grass hilbilly, then all of a sudden i was channle surfing the other day and saw DEE SNIDER on fucking "gone country". i saw that and my jaw droped.

this is really starting to piss me off

First of all...It's been very well documented that Def Leppard is not Metal....and second of all...Why should music have boundaries and be labelled? Have you heard the new song? It sounds nothing like a country song

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 36 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: