Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 02:15:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228114 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Def Leppard
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Def Leppard  (Read 147636 times)
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #600 on: March 01, 2008, 07:41:32 AM »

i was just going to ask if any one knew about this new album i thought it was suposed to be out by now. But now i'll just ask, Why the fuck is country becoming more and more into metal? rant seriuosly starting to piss me off, first fuck Bon goddamn Jovi goes to fag land then DLR sold some of Van Halens songs to some blue grass hilbilly, then all of a sudden i was channle surfing the other day and saw DEE SNIDER on fucking "gone country". i saw that and my jaw droped.

this is really starting to piss me off

First of all...It's been very well documented that Def Leppard is not Metal....and second of all...Why should music have boundaries and be labelled? Have you heard the new song? It sounds nothing like a country song

and to be fair def leppards new song really doesnt sound country to me anyway.

html sucks
SLCPUNK
« Reply #601 on: March 07, 2008, 12:51:03 AM »

"As you can see, the band went for a cover in the style of The Beatles' "SGT. PEPPER'S LONELY HEARTS CLUB BAND", by using a collage of photos of various people who have a connection with the band in one way or another. Apart from a number of pictures of the band members themselves (throughout the years), you'll find their parents, crew members, friends, and some artwork characters from the past. "

Reminds me of Tears for Fears latest (who are very Beatles inspired, especially on that album)

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #602 on: March 07, 2008, 03:36:05 AM »

I've got tickets to see Def Leppard at the Jimmy Kimmel taping next month.

Hope it doesn't get canceled again!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #603 on: March 07, 2008, 02:28:06 PM »

Have you seen them live before?
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #604 on: March 07, 2008, 03:04:05 PM »

Nooooo, because they always play in this crap venue when they come to SoCal, and it is pretty far.

Hopefully, when they announce a Los Angeles date, it's in a good venue that does justice to the band.
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #605 on: March 07, 2008, 04:01:24 PM »

"As you can see, the band went for a cover in the style of The Beatles' "SGT. PEPPER'S LONELY HEARTS CLUB BAND", by using a collage of photos of various people who have a connection with the band in one way or another. Apart from a number of pictures of the band members themselves (throughout the years), you'll find their parents, crew members, friends, and some artwork characters from the past. "

Reminds me of Tears for Fears latest (who are very Beatles inspired, especially on that album)

The cover looks great! Can't wait to pick up a copy.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #606 on: March 07, 2008, 05:06:38 PM »

anyone get me a bigger photo of that album cover, i wanna take a look at the faces on there haha!

html sucks
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #607 on: March 08, 2008, 07:13:43 AM »

god damn. Ive just listened to retro active, never heard this album before, this is one awesome Def Leppard album, i wish more of the material was new tracks like desert song, fractured love, miss you in a heartbeat. Cause the songs on this album are awesome!!

I love "Shes Too Tough" i think this album has some of Joes best vocal performances. I love the whole arabian feel on desert song!!

html sucks
SLCPUNK
« Reply #608 on: March 08, 2008, 01:46:56 PM »

god damn. Ive just listened to retro active, never heard this album before, this is one awesome Def Leppard album, i wish more of the material was new tracks like desert song, fractured love, miss you in a heartbeat. Cause the songs on this album are awesome!!

I love "Shes Too Tough" i think this album has some of Joes best vocal performances. I love the whole arabian feel on desert song!!

Desert Song is awesome, a hidden gem.
quarky
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #609 on: March 08, 2008, 03:47:20 PM »

Ring of Fire, Fractured Love, Ride into the Sun, are all great. Definitely one of their best and most underrated albums. The cover has changed by the way, slightly different from the one pictured above.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #610 on: March 09, 2008, 01:46:31 AM »

Are there any new songs floating around? I had a link for one, but it expired by the time I got to it.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #611 on: March 09, 2008, 08:21:43 AM »

Are there any new songs floating around? I had a link for one, but it expired by the time I got to it.

just a shitty radio rip of the new single.

html sucks
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #612 on: March 09, 2008, 09:04:49 PM »

i heard nine lives on klos today, it was awesome

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #613 on: March 10, 2008, 03:32:09 PM »

Mad props to quarky for the Nine Lives preview! What a great song! Has a very classic sound to it I think!!!
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #614 on: March 10, 2008, 03:46:19 PM »

I've seen Def Leppard twice, once at the Mall of America in 2002, and last year at the MN state fair. They've got one hell of a show.

I've also met 'em 4 times. First time I met 'em I asked Rick how he plays drums, he started laughing at me, but I was like 9 and he was really cool about it.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #615 on: March 10, 2008, 03:49:02 PM »

First time I met 'em I asked Rick how he plays drums, he started laughing at me, but I was like 9 and he was really cool about it.

LOL, that is pretty funny actually.
KD8LNW
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #616 on: March 13, 2008, 01:29:45 AM »

I was fortunate enough to hear the songs Hallucinate and Cruise Control and it is pretty safe to say that Def Leppard are rocking again. Hallucinate is a great modern rock track , and Cruise Control kinda has vibes like Paper Sun except the production is not as polished thank God and Rick Allen is using the kit he used on Slang. From what i have heard thus far this is the album i have been wanting them to make since Slang (imo is there best work to date). Straight up rock that doesnt have the glossy production. The three songs i have heard , the best representation i can give is that these songs were recorded in the vein of Slang but the songs have all of the hooks you would expect from Def Leppard. ok
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #617 on: March 13, 2008, 10:37:30 AM »

lol the people here wont be pleased with that then if it sounds like slang. I dont mind slang but id like them to return to the sound of there glory days. Guess its hard without steve.

html sucks
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #618 on: March 13, 2008, 03:03:44 PM »

First time I met 'em I asked Rick how he plays drums, he started laughing at me, but I was like 9 and he was really cool about it.

LOL, that is pretty funny actually.

It was, my mom almost shat a brick in shock. He looked at her and was like, oh no, no it's alright, Don't worry. Deff a fun memory.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
KD8LNW
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #619 on: March 14, 2008, 10:35:11 PM »

lol the people here wont be pleased with that then if it sounds like slang. I dont mind slang but id like them to return to the sound of there glory days. Guess its hard without steve.

It doesnt sound like Slang, the production is alot more organic like Slang but the songs are typical Leppard sounding sounds with out the bombastic drums etc.

I for one hope they never go back to the sound of there glory days, well they tried on Euphoria and minus Paper Sun and Day After Day it was awful, especially the songs Mutt Lange had his hand in, those were the worst tracks on the album. I say move on it is 2008 not 1987.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 10:38:40 PM by darkdays_01 » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 36 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: