Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 02:15:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228137 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Def Leppard
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Def Leppard  (Read 147857 times)
SLCPUNK
« Reply #560 on: January 27, 2008, 12:45:09 AM »

The first single off the album is a song called "Nine Lives", which features a guest appearance by country star Tim McGraw.

wow...that should be interesting

Not to be a wet blanket, but it sounds discouraging.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #561 on: January 29, 2008, 05:51:00 PM »

Def Leppard kicked off its "Downstage Thrust Tour 2007" Wednesday night (June 27) in Cincinnati, Ohio. The group's setlist was as follows:

01. Rocket
02. Animal
03. Excitable
04. Foolin'
05. Mirror, Mirror
06. Let it Go
07. Love Bites
08. Rick Savage solo
09. Rock On
10. Two Steps Behind
11. Bringin' On the Heartbreak
12. Switch 625
13. Hysteria
14. Armageddon It
15. Photograph
16. Pour Some Sugar On Me
17. Rock of Ages

See, when they come here to the UK this is the set list i want....but with that new album i just know i aint gonna get it. im still gonna go cause some 2007 video shots of joe live he was actually singing pretty good i feel (obviously not like he was in his prime but that cant be avoided).

i just wish i could have that set list of classics.

html sucks
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #562 on: January 30, 2008, 12:56:30 AM »

I would still think they'd play a bulk of the classics.  Probably throw in 5 or 6 new songs at the most.  They know what the fans really want, I think 5 or 6 new songs is a good enough sampler to whet the audiences appetite.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #563 on: February 02, 2008, 02:31:47 PM »

DEF LEPPARD's official web site has been updated with the following message:

"Well, it's one of the constants in the history of DEF LEPPARD, and we regret to inform you that it has popped up again: the release of the band's new album, 'Songs from the Sparkle Lounge', has been pushed back (even though the date we mentioned two weeks ago was only a tentative date to start with). The album is now scheduled to come out on May 5 in the UK and May 6 in North America (international dates have not been confirmed yet, but it will probably be May 6 as well). I guess we don't need to tell you that these dates are also tentative and subject to change.

"We can also give you the working titles of all the tracks scheduled to appear on the album. From the way things look now, 11 songs from the Sparkle Lounge will be making their way to your CD player:

01. Nine Lives
02. C'mon C'mon
03. Go
04. Love
05. Cruise Control
06. Bad Actress
07. Hallucinate
08. Tomorrow
09. Come Undone
10. Only the Good Die Young
11. Give It Away

"Please note that some of these titles may still change (they're working titles, after all) and that they are not listed in any particular order."

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #564 on: February 02, 2008, 04:36:52 PM »

I sure hope it's good.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #565 on: February 02, 2008, 04:43:35 PM »

I sure hope it's good.

im gonna say there career is over if its shit...the fans wont take it anymore im sure

html sucks
SLCPUNK
« Reply #566 on: February 02, 2008, 04:53:25 PM »

I sure hope it's good.

im gonna say there career is over if its shit...the fans wont take it anymore im sure

They can tour on their hits until they drop dead.

Every show I've been to over the last 5-6 years has been sold out.

"C'mon C'mon"...can that be any more cliche?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 04:55:22 PM by UTAH TAINTS » Logged
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #567 on: February 02, 2008, 05:02:35 PM »

I sure hope it's good.

They sell out, or come close to selling out not just by themselves but also on the strength of their opening acts.  They've had some pretty big name bands tour with them the last couple of years who have pretty solid fanbases as well (Journey, Styx, REO Speedwagon, Bryan Adams, and Tesla I think for example).  I highly doubt their shows would sell as well if they had unknown bands opening for them.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #568 on: February 02, 2008, 07:04:06 PM »

Kudos to DL for not becoming a nostalgia act. Some bands stop being creative and no longer make new music in an era where everything can be downloaded ( stolen).

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
SLCPUNK
« Reply #569 on: February 02, 2008, 07:53:34 PM »

I sure hope it's good.

They sell out, or come close to selling out not just by themselves but also on the strength of their opening acts.  They've had some pretty big name bands tour with them the last couple of years who have pretty solid fanbases as well (Journey, Styx, REO Speedwagon, Bryan Adams, and Tesla I think for example).  I highly doubt their shows would sell as well if they had unknown bands opening for them.

I've seen 'em plenty of times with no opening band, or just one, and the place was sold out. When Tesla opened for them a few years back the place wasn't even half full yet.

Believe what you might, but they can tour on their hits alone, no problem.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #570 on: February 02, 2008, 08:47:19 PM »

Alright, I'll take your word for it.  I've only seen them the last 3 years or so when they've toured with other big name bands, so that's what I was going on.  Last time I saw them at Mohegan Sun though (with Styx) I'm pretty sure they weren't sold out.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #571 on: February 02, 2008, 10:15:32 PM »

I can only go on my experience, and you can only go on yours. Somewhere in between is probably the truth.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #572 on: February 03, 2008, 12:52:56 AM »

I can only go on my experience, and you can only go on yours. Somewhere in between is probably the truth.

I hear ya, don't get me wrong, I've seen them 4 times the past 3 years and they've been great every single time.  I'm going to see them in April again in fact.  I just get a little testy because friends of mine used to make fun of "new" GNR not being able to sell out the Hartford Civic Center (in 2002) and Def Leppard selling out Mohegan (in 2006), when the HCC is almost double the capacity.  But regardless, even if Def didn't sell out Mohegan last time (I know there were many seats available days leading to the date) there was a good sized crowd.  And not many of the people were there to see Styx.  I must say though, I saw them twice with Journey and a lot of their fans were in attendance.  I was surprised by that.  In fact, I think the Journey fans outnumbered the Def fans at the Boston area show (Great Woods, or whatever the hell it is these days).
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 12:54:42 AM by faldor » Logged

SLCPUNK
« Reply #573 on: February 03, 2008, 04:59:32 AM »

I saw them with Journey, and what surprised me was the number of people (around me anyway) that left after Journey was done. They went just to see Journey. Styx was disappointing, they came off as cheese ball.

Lep will be up around Hollywood here soon, I may skip that one. I've seen them at least 7 times and, while I love them, I just saw them about 6 months ago. No need to drive a couple hours. When they come back to Tampa, I'll be there for sure.

One thing is certain, they are some touring mofos. I mean, those guys tour!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #574 on: February 03, 2008, 05:00:05 PM »

you know how there is the hysteria deluxe edition, remastered n stuff...

is there a pyromania remaster around at all?

html sucks
quarky
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #575 on: February 17, 2008, 05:53:03 PM »

No, no deluxe edition of Pyromania, but the entire catalogue is being released in a new CD format in Japan, which is supposed to be backwards compatable and better quality (something to do with the quality of the layer that the data is read through).

For those interested, there is a radio rip (so the quality is pretty poor) here:

http://www.sharebigfile.com/en/file/8145/Def-Leppard---Nine-Lives--NZ-Radio--mp3.html

Unlike Bon Jovi, Def Leppard seem to get hammered for not keeping their classic sound, or keeping their classic sound depending on song/reviewer, which is a shame.

I think this new song (yes, the one with Tom McGraw or whatever his name is) rocks personally..  ok
« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 05:55:58 PM by quarky » Logged
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #576 on: February 17, 2008, 06:07:42 PM »

mixed opinions on it.

i like the cross over of def leppard styled riffs n stomping bass n those melodic parts with the bluesy country feel. but the one part the vocals sound REALLY bryan adams which is gay.

But i quite like that song, ill defo check out the album, at least it still rocks unlike bon jovis acoustic slop they pop out these days.

edit
actually really digging that song alot now, certainly gets better.

its like photograph except blues style!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 06:14:33 PM by mrlee » Logged

html sucks
quarky
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #577 on: February 17, 2008, 06:20:44 PM »

. but the one part the vocals sound REALLY bryan adams which is gay.

That will be the Tim McGaw bit Wink
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #578 on: February 17, 2008, 06:34:22 PM »

. but the one part the vocals sound REALLY bryan adams which is gay.

That will be the Tim McGaw bit Wink

i thought he sung the intro bit, the really deep part? cause the vocals never sound like that again durin the song

html sucks
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #579 on: February 17, 2008, 07:16:51 PM »

That doesn't sound too bad.  I was worried when I heard they collaborated with Tim McGraw, but that does seem to rock a heckuva lot more than modern day Bon Jovi.

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 36 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: