Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 08, 2024, 07:26:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228158 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Def Leppard
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Def Leppard  (Read 149086 times)
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #260 on: October 09, 2005, 02:11:22 PM »

Okay, most bizarre Leppard single

I'm torn between ''Make love like a man'' and ''Back in your face''. They were both preferred over vastly better songs and both don't seem to be liked by anyone....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #261 on: October 09, 2005, 04:06:20 PM »

Let's Get Rocked...that was the only song i ever associated with the band for years since for some reason it was the only one i saw on TV and i despised it with a passion it wasn't until i heard some of their good songs i started checking out their albums so thanks to that song being a single i stayed away from their music for years...
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #262 on: October 09, 2005, 04:23:02 PM »

Let's Get Rocked...that was the only song i ever associated with the band for years since for some reason it was the only one i saw on TV and i despised it with a passion it wasn't until i heard some of their good songs i started checking out their albums so thanks to that song being a single i stayed away from their music for years...

That song is very silly (but great live)

There are a few songs of Adrenalize that seem rather daft - they do grew on u, as with many Def Leppard releases its not meant to be a deathly serious experience, just a bit of fun. In the right frame of mind even the daftest Leppard song is great.

As it happened Adrenalize spawned 7 singles from 10 tracks....though some were video singles only (like Women - why the hell wasn't that a chart single!)

Quick! To the bandwagon!
deliverthecow
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #263 on: October 10, 2005, 11:39:56 PM »

Okay, most bizarre Leppard single

I'm torn between ''Make love like a man'' and ''Back in your face''. They were both preferred over vastly better songs and both don't seem to be liked by anyone....

I think Back In Your Face is the worst song they have ever done. The music in the song is actually good, but the lyrics are absolutely terrible. Total crap. The Euphoria album was not that great. I was so disappointed after the first listen, after the great lyrics and music on Slang , how they turned back to that , i cant understand. trying to get back all of the fans who didnt like Slang because it didnt sound like another Hysteria or Pyromania. Retro and Slang are imo there two best albums.
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #264 on: October 11, 2005, 11:57:32 AM »

I hear slang once, also the came to Ecuador to promotianate the album I really don't like the album, even though lyrics were great I still don't like that album, I've heard euphoria that album have quite good songs, not their best but I think is better than slang.  peace

No man can be my equal
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #265 on: October 12, 2005, 02:04:52 AM »

I thought Euphoria had some decent songs.  Kings Of Oblivion was a good one.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #266 on: October 21, 2005, 08:57:27 AM »

Tough break for u Americans - the rock of ages DVD has just 19 tracks whereas the European version 29 + hidden tracks

Not quite sure why they are doing that - and its been delayed again too, typical eh?

Also - for those that have the European version, how the hell do u find the bonus tracks, i can't seem to find them....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
POPmetal
« Reply #267 on: October 21, 2005, 08:23:38 PM »

This sucks, what are the extra tracks on the European version?
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #268 on: October 22, 2005, 10:13:32 PM »

Tough break for u Americans - the rock of ages DVD has just 19 tracks whereas the European version 29 + hidden tracks

Not quite sure why they are doing that - and its been delayed again too, typical eh?

Also - for those that have the European version, how the hell do u find the bonus tracks, i can't seem to find them....
European version is PAL? cause if it so I can't see it here and that'd suck  Undecided

I've saw once a page that had all the instructions of how see the extras, if I can find it I'll post it Wink

No man can be my equal
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #269 on: October 23, 2005, 04:50:13 AM »

cause if it so I can't see it here and that'd suck? Undecided

Yep it is PAL, nice to have every video they have done - their early ones are hilarious!

I've saw once a page that had all the instructions of how see the extras, if I can find it I'll post it Wink

Smiley

Quick! To the bandwagon!
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #270 on: November 01, 2005, 11:25:49 PM »

Def Leppard typically releases bonus tracks in Europe because they usually don't tour there. Europe gets extra tracks, America gets tours.

gnrevolution.com
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #271 on: November 02, 2005, 01:46:20 PM »

Hey Izzy I found this extras in the DVD Historia

http://www.gamewinners.com/dvd/DefLeppardHistoriaInTheRound.htm

and this on the DVD: Best videos

http://www.gamewinners.com/dvd/DefLeppardBestOfTheVideos.htm

Hope it helps  ok  peace

No man can be my equal
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #272 on: November 02, 2005, 06:00:37 PM »

Thanks - i'll give that a try Smiley

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #273 on: November 03, 2005, 02:46:56 PM »

DEF LEPPARD will be the featured musical guests on the "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" show on Monday, November 21. The band will reportedly perform outdoors on the program, which airs on the ABC network.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #274 on: November 10, 2005, 09:30:43 AM »

On December 4 at 8:00 p.m., VH1 will premiere the 2005 edition of their annual "Big In....." show, which will include a live performance by DEF LEPPARD. Other artists scheduled to perform are BECK and INXS, while artists such as Jeremy Piven, Jessica Simpson, Kate Beckinsale, Lindsay Lohan and many others will also be present.

deliverthecow
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #275 on: November 10, 2005, 08:13:36 PM »

That is great news . The Vh-1 show is a great opportunity for them to promote the Yeah! album. I just hope they dont fuckin play PSSOM or No Matter What. I think there are some really great songs on the Yeah! cd. I would like to see them play Hellraiser, that song smokes, heaviest song they have done in years.

It looks as though this new management team is really working to promote the band and get them back in the spotlight. I am really anxious to see how well they promote the Yeah! cd, anything is better to the promo there albums received in the past . I think if Slang was promoted right that album would have been huge. Actually the same goes for X, although it really isnt my favorite, i have to admit there was a ton of songs on there that could have been huge singles.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #276 on: November 11, 2005, 11:33:45 AM »

They better hurry up and release that Yeah album - i need more Leppard!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #277 on: November 11, 2005, 02:25:34 PM »

According to PunchJump.com, DEF LEPPARD will appear at Spike TV's Video Game Awards 2005, which will take place on Nov. 18 and air on Dec 10. Other celebrities set to appear at the event include THE RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS, 50 CENT, MISSY ELLIOTT, The Rock, Vin Diesel, Tony Hawk, and Michael Chiklis.

RichardNixon
« Reply #278 on: November 12, 2005, 10:36:25 AM »

No Clarke= No dice.

Steve Clarke was the bands best songwriter, came up with the best riffs and was their biggest asset.  They have sucked ever since he died. The chemistry, song writing and playing between Clarke and Willis is what made early DL so great. They were wounded with the loss of Willis and have been a shadow of their former glory since the death of Clarke.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #279 on: November 12, 2005, 03:45:29 PM »

Clarke and Willis is what made early DL so great.

He didn't play on Pyromania or Hysteria or Retro Active - their three best offerings...

They were wounded with the loss of Willis

Nope....

and have been a shadow of their former glory since the death of Clarke.

Very true - but all they really lack is the hard guitar edge Clarke gave them, they have the ability to match him, they just need to be heavier - so many of their songs would work with a harder edge from their guitarists.

-----------

On a side note people - how good is Vivian Cambell in ur opinion?

I haven't heard his work with Dio - but i've never been sure what to make of his Leppard work.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2005, 06:07:38 AM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 36 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: