Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 06:37:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228140 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Def Leppard
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Def Leppard  (Read 147998 times)
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #160 on: May 18, 2005, 12:25:49 AM »

What really matters is if the band or the music has staying power, which Def Leppard does not.?

Maybe not in America where rock music today is like a bunch of 12-year old fags playing in the back yard.  Longevity is something most every band has a hard time achieving now days.

But, in Europe Def Leppard are still very popular.  That kind of rock never faded when the Seattle movement plagued the U.S.

gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #161 on: May 18, 2005, 12:42:43 AM »

So Tool, Audioslave, Metallica, Foo Fighters, Chili Peppers, Green Day, COC, NIN, etc. are a bunch of fags?  Who had all the make up and the froo froo haircuts?  Engalnd and Sweden have good taste in music but the rest of Europe is known for what?  The Scorpions?  Gorky Park?  Grunge was about the music, glam was about everything but the music, that's why it is gone.  Thank God!!
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #162 on: May 18, 2005, 01:29:57 AM »

So Tool, Audioslave, Metallica, Foo Fighters, Chili Peppers, Green Day, COC, NIN, etc. are a bunch of fags?

Yep - pretty much (except for Tool and NIN).? Then you got all this faggy punk wannabe shit all over the radio all day and night.? With a few (very few) exceptions here and there - rock music is at an all-time low.? And being about the music is definitely a thing of the past.? Most all artists these days are only driven by the money (instead of money AND music).

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #163 on: May 18, 2005, 06:53:13 AM »

Album sales numbers don't mean a thing unless your an exec from the company.?

Genius - and who said they did?

What really matters is if the band or the music has staying power, which Def Leppard does not. 

Time to recharge your brain i think

Def Leppard are in their 25th year - still selling out all their shows, still touring, still releasing albums, still having gold records

But ur right - no staying power Roll Eyes

Quick! To the bandwagon!
gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #164 on: May 18, 2005, 10:48:31 AM »

That seems to be the trump card that everbody uses on here.  Well so and so sold 23 million compared to 12 million by ??

It's easy to sell out shows at 500 seat venues.  Are they putting up the numbers that U2 are?  Hardly!  Are they inspiring the next generation of music greats?  No, I pray not!   Maybe I should clarify, for those of us that have moved on since the 80s Def Leppard has zero staying power.  Times have changed, so has music but DL remain hopelessly the same.  I used to listen to all the hair metal crap in HIGH SCHOOL not as an adult.  I think people grew sick of it because it's hard to relate to riding your Harley down the Sunset Strip, high on coke, and partying with whores.  Music with substance instead of music on substances!!
usurper
« Reply #165 on: May 18, 2005, 12:52:05 PM »

That seems to be the trump card that everbody uses on here.? Well so and so sold 23 million compared to 12 million by ??

It's easy to sell out shows at 500 seat venues.? Are they putting up the numbers that U2 are?? Hardly!? Are they inspiring the next generation of music greats?? No, I pray not!? ?Maybe I should clarify, for those of us that have moved on since the 80s Def Leppard has zero staying power.? Times have changed, so has music but DL remain hopelessly the same.? I used to listen to all the hair metal crap in HIGH SCHOOL not as an adult.? I think people grew sick of it because it's hard to relate to riding your Harley down the Sunset Strip, high on coke, and partying with whores.? Music with substance instead of music on substances!!

Agreed
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #166 on: May 18, 2005, 04:29:24 PM »

It's easy to sell out shows at 500 seat venues.? Are they putting up the numbers that U2 are?? Hardly!? Are they inspiring the next generation of music greats?? No, I pray not!? ?Maybe I should clarify, for those of us that have moved on since the 80s Def Leppard has zero staying power.? Times have changed, so has music but DL remain hopelessly the same.? I used to listen to all the hair metal crap in HIGH SCHOOL not as an adult.? I think people grew sick of it because it's hard to relate to riding your Harley down the Sunset Strip, high on coke, and partying with whores.? Music with substance instead of music on substances!!

More like 10,000 seats a show. ok

And as I've said a couple times now - Def Leppard have ALREADY inspired many bands in a newer generation years ago.  And before you go off on another tirade about how "well they obviously aren't doing it anymore" and all that non-sense take a look at AC/DC.  The band has one of the most successful rock albums of all time ("Back In Black") under it's belt and have inspired musicians of all genres somewhere along the line.  But is it fair to say that because they are no longer influencing new musicians like they did 20+ YEARS AGO that they are nothing?  I think not.

And as for this: "I used to listen to all the hair metal crap in HIGH SCHOOL not as an adult.  I think people grew sick of it because it's hard to relate to riding your Harley down the Sunset Strip, high on coke, and partying with whores."  With that one statement you've proven you've never even heard DL's music - so why are you trying to argue with invalid ammo?

Let me break this down for you (as I've already done in previous posts):  Def Leppard were five kids who got together and rocked.  They never were this "hair metal crap" you speak of.  There never would've been such a category if multiple wannabe bands hadn't tried to sound like them in some way.  I can definitely understand why you'd get sick of all the sunset strip, hair rejects - so did I.  And there's a reason why Def Leppard are still playing in my CD player from time to time right now and all the other wannabes are not:  STAYING POWER.  Wink

One last thing - you claim that you and many others got tired of the 80's "hair metal crap" and have moved on.  If that's the case why are you still hanging around a GN'R board praying for the new album?

usurper
« Reply #167 on: May 18, 2005, 04:53:46 PM »

Not hair metal then? Also why are 95% of their songs (maybe all) something to do with love? Could they not write anything better?

Def Leppard were five kids who got together and rocked. They never were this "hair metal crap" you speak of.

Oh yeah, Def Leppard are real hard core when it comes to rocking, they are very agressive in their music*

*Smell the sweet sarcasm
hyperionmax2003
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #168 on: May 18, 2005, 06:46:28 PM »

Not hair metal then? Also why are 95% of their songs (maybe all) something to do with love? Could they not write anything better?

Posted on: Today at 03:53:46 PM Posted by: usurper

Isn't "Photograph" about a stalker? beer

Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #169 on: May 18, 2005, 07:20:13 PM »

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Exactly.  It's really funny when people who have literally no idea what they're talking about get on here and mindlessly bash something for the hell of it.

Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #170 on: May 18, 2005, 07:22:33 PM »

Def Leppard were five kids who got together and rocked. They never were this "hair metal crap" you speak of.

Oh yeah, Def Leppard are real hard core when it comes to rocking, they are very agressive in their music*

*Smell the sweet sarcasm

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=20376.msg346572#msg346572

SLCPUNK
« Reply #171 on: May 19, 2005, 12:56:19 AM »

Not what they used to be?

haha, yea right.

I have seen them 3 times in as many years.

1st show = sold out.

2cd show = sold out

3rd shot (arena) =95% capacity

I have 4th row tickets to see them in about 3 weeks. All tickets that were left (about 4 weeks ago) were in the very back, near the top. I'd say it is safe to say that one will sell out too.

The ages at their concerts are like 10yrs -55 yrs. It's people bringing their kids now, which I think is great.

They were before hair metal and should not be lumped  in as such.

They are a great band, and still sell 'em out.

How many acts from the last 20 yrs can still do that?

Not many.

usurper
« Reply #172 on: May 19, 2005, 11:31:55 AM »

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

I said 95%, not all
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #173 on: May 19, 2005, 12:18:53 PM »

Not what they used to be?

haha, yea right.

I have seen them 3 times in as many years.

1st show = sold out.

2cd show = sold out

3rd shot (arena) =95% capacity

I have 4th row tickets to see them in about 3 weeks. All tickets that were left (about 4 weeks ago) were in the very back, near the top. I'd say it is safe to say that one will sell out too.

The ages at their concerts are like 10yrs -55 yrs. It's people bringing their kids now, which I think is great.

They were before hair metal and should not be lumped? in as such.

They are a great band, and still sell 'em out.

How many acts from the last 20 yrs can still do that?

Not many.

ok

usurper
« Reply #174 on: May 19, 2005, 02:19:02 PM »

JUN 1 Portland, OR PGE Park TicketMaster Def Leppard closes   
 JUN 3 San Jose, CA Municipal Stadium TicketMaster Bryan Adams closes   
 JUN 4 Fresno, CA Fresno Grizzlies Stadium MusicToday Def Leppard closes   
 JUN 5 San Bernardino, CA Arrowhead Credit Union Park TicketMaster Bryan Adams closes   
 JUN 7 Mesa, AZ HohoKam Park TicketMaster Def Leppard closes   
 JUN 8 El Paso, TX Cohen Stadium TicketMaster Bryan Adams closes   
 JUN 10 Oklahoma City, OK SBC Bricktown Ballpark Star Tickets Def Leppard closes   
 JUN 11 Ft. Worth, TX LaGrave Field TicketMaster Bryan Adams closes   
 JUN 12 Atlanta, GA Music Midtown TicketMaster N/A   
 JUN 14 Tampa, FL St. Pete Times Forum TicketMaster Tesla supports   
 JUN 15 Kissimmee, FL Silver Spurs Arena TicketMaster Tesla supports   
 JUN 17 Jacksonville, FL Jacksonville Arena TicketMaster Montrose supports   
 JUN 18 Birmingham, AL Citystages on sale 05.16 N/A   
 JUN 20 Madison, WI Alliant Energy Ctr. Mem. Col. TicketMaster Tesla supports   
 JUN 21 Green Bay, WI Resch Center Ticket Star Tesla supports   
 JUN 23 Pittsburgh, PA Chevrolet Amphitheatre TicketMaster Tesla supports   
 JUN 24 Wilkes-Barre, PA Wachovia Arena TicketMaster Tesla supports   
 JUN 25 Manchester, NH Verizon Wireless Arena TicketMaster Tesla supports   
 JUN 27 Uncasville, CT Mohegan Sun Arena TicketMaster Tesla supports   
 JUN 28 Portland, ME Cumberland County Civic Cntr. TicketMaster Tesla supports   

JUL 1 Camden, NJ Campbell's Field TicketMaster Def Leppard closes   
 JUL 2 Lancaster, PA Clippers Magazine Stadium TicketMaster Bryan Adams closes   
 JUL 3 Wappingers Falls, NY Dutchess Stadium TicketMaster Def Leppard closes   
 JUL 5 Lakewood, NJ FirstEnergy Park TicketMaster Bryan Adams closes   
 JUL 6 Brockton, MA Campanelli Stadium TicketMaster Def Leppard closes   
 JUL 8 Aberdeen, MD Ripken Stadium TicketMaster Bryan Adams closes   
 JUL 9 Brooklyn, NY KeySpan Park TicketMaster Def Leppard closes   
 JUL 10 Rochester, NY Frontier Field TicketMaster Bryan Adams closes   
 JUL 29 St. Paul, MN Midway Stadium TicketMaster Def Leppard closes   
 JUL 30 Schaumburg, IL Alexian Field SOLD OUT Bryan Adams closes   
 JUL 31 Davenport, IA John O'Donnell Stadium TicketMaster Def Leppard closes   

AUG 2 Lincoln, NE Haymarket Park TicketMaster Bryan Adams closes   
 AUG 3 Kansas City, KS Community America Ballpark TicketMaster Def Leppard closes   
 AUG 5 South Bend, IN Coveleski Stadium TicketMaster Bryan Adams closes   
 AUG 6 Eastlake, OH Eastlake Stadium TicketMaster Def Leppard closes   
 AUG 7 Charleston, WV Appalachian Power Park TicketMaster Bryan Adams closes   
 AUG 9 Dayton, OH* Fifth Third Field TicketMaster Def Leppard closes   
 AUG 10 Lansing, MI Oldsmobile Park TicketMaster Bryan Adams closes   
 AUG 12 Sudbury, ON Sudbury Arena presale 05.18 noon The Tea Party supports   
 AUG 13 Ottawa, ON Corel Centre presale 05.18 noon The Tea Party supports   
 AUG 15 Toronto, ON Molson Amphitheatre presale 05.18 noon The Tea Party supports   
 AUG 16 London, ON John LaBatt Centre presale 05.18 noon The Tea Party supports   
 AUG 19 Winnipeg, MB MTS Centre on sale 06.03, 10AM The Tea Party supports   
 AUG 20 Saskatoon, SA Credit Union Center on sale 06.03, 10AM The Tea Party supports   
 AUG 22 Grande Prairie, AB Canada Games Arena on sale 06.03, 10AM The Tea Party supports   
 AUG 23 Edmonton, AB Rexall Place on sale 06.03, 10AM The Tea Party supports   
 AUG 24 Calgary, AB Pengrowth Saddledome on sale 06.03, 10AM The Tea Party supports   
 AUG 26 Kelowna, BC Prospera Place on sale 06.03, 10AM The Tea Party supports   
 AUG 27 Vancouver, BC General Motors Place on sale 06.03, 10AM The Tea Party supports   
 AUG 28 Victoria, BC Save-On Foods Memorial Centre on sale 06.03, 10AM The Tea Party supports   

Only one event SOLD OUT, they are playing those gigs in less than a onth, they are playing small stadiums, closing statement: THEY SUCK
hyperionmax2003
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #175 on: May 19, 2005, 09:36:14 PM »

Only one event SOLD OUT, they are playing those gigs in less than a onth, they are playing small stadiums, closing statement: THEY SUCK

Posted on: Today at 01:19:02 PM Posted by: usurper

Velvet Revolver aren't soldout all the time- do they suck too?
gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #176 on: May 19, 2005, 11:19:53 PM »

Kayoss, unfortunately I have heard DL's music.  I am even man enough to admit that I bought Hysteria on cassette when I was 16-17 yrs old.  The Strip, coke, whores comment was a generalization of the whole scene, of which, like it or not, DL were a part of the Hair Scene.  Is it truly staying power for you or are you stuck in an age?  The glory days, huh?  I sure here a lot of DL influenced bands on the radio now days, the shitty songs do have a certain DL-ish quality.  I grew up and my music tastes did too.  Don't worry you're not alone, I think there is a support group for all those that still have mullets, tight stone washed jeans, and jean jackets with band patches on them.  You've missed some good music, I feel bad for you.

As for the why am I here question, GNR were different from DL and all the others because they weren't pussies and they didn't write shitty fluff songs.  They have a timeless sound where as DL is absolutely from the 80s.  GNR is the anti-DL.
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #177 on: May 20, 2005, 01:45:32 AM »

You've missed some good music, I feel bad for you.

And who is that?? Foo Fighters?? Chili Peppers?? New-age Metallica?? Seether?? The White Stripes?? Offspring?? Queens of The Stoneage?

Haha - save your sorrow, son.? While you're "tick-tocking" and healing "scar tissue that you wish you saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw", and gettin' stoned with your fellow queens I'll be spinning hardcore thrash (real metal), Def Leppard, AC/DC, Alice Cooper, Ozzy, etc.? Not because of some need to hang on to a past point in time - but simply because it rocks and the shit listed above shouldn't even be typed in the same sentence (notice I didn't? Wink ).

gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #178 on: May 20, 2005, 01:10:53 PM »

I bet you're one of those guys that loved Metallica until they gave up their white trash look and then you started with the sellout stuff.  With the exception of the Offspring, any one of the bands that you named play circles around DL.  Lars could have no arms and still be better than Rick Allen.  DL's music is so bad that one of their guitarists drank himself to death so he wouldn't have to hear it anymore!  Rick Allen was listening to it when he crashed his car.  "I can't believe I helped create this bloody awful shite."  was the last thing he said before the crash.  Only DL can make Bryan Adams seem like a deep thinker.  I am sorry but the only people who listen to DL in the States are girls and fags.  Which one are you? 

There's some hope for you, you did mention Ozzy.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #179 on: May 20, 2005, 02:14:36 PM »

I bet you're one of those guys that loved Metallica until they gave up their white trash look and then you started with the sellout stuff.? With the exception of the Offspring, any one of the bands that you named play circles around DL.? Lars could have no arms and still be better than Rick Allen.? DL's music is so bad that one of their guitarists drank himself to death so he wouldn't have to hear it anymore!? Rick Allen was listening to it when he crashed his car.? "I can't believe I helped create this bloody awful shite."? was the last thing he said before the crash.? Only DL can make Bryan Adams seem like a deep thinker.? I am sorry but the only people who listen to DL in the States are girls and fags.? Which one are you??

There's some hope for you, you did mention Ozzy.

How old are you?

9?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 36 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: