Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 03:49:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228131 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Def Leppard
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Def Leppard  (Read 147773 times)
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #100 on: March 04, 2004, 07:46:41 AM »

From Melodicrock.com:

DEF LEPPARD SET TO COVER THE 70'S:
Def Leppard have finished several weeks worth of recording which will make up their next album, due mid-year. But the album is set to be all covers, with British bands of the 70's the theme of the record. I don't want to pre-empt an official announcement, but if this is true, I'll be disappointed. The band has consistently delivered well crafted cover tunes as bonus tracks for b-sides to their singles which have been enjoyable to listen to, but at this stage of their career, do we really need a whole album's worth?
I still enjoy playing the X album and think the band were stiffed by the record label with their lack of promotion, but I don't believe that a covers album is the answer.

Smiley

If X wasn't the end of Def Leppard a covers album will be.

This would indicate a shocking lack of ambition by the band, it would seem they have happy to live with their fading status rather than make a comeback.

Hopefully this isn't true...

Quick! To the bandwagon!
jet
« Reply #101 on: March 04, 2004, 08:46:03 AM »

If X wasn't the end of Def Leppard a covers album will be.

This would indicate a shocking lack of ambition by the band
Hopefully this isn't true...

Maybe lack of new ideas or creavity crisis... hope not.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #102 on: March 04, 2004, 04:10:31 PM »

Maybe lack of new ideas or creavity crisis... hope not.

Must be, that is very worrying....

edit: listening to pyromanai - is it me or does Joe Elliot on Leppards first three albums sound just like the vocalist on Ac/dc's highway to hell album, am i going crazy or am i on to something? Okay not on every song but on the real rock ones they sound identical.......
« Last Edit: March 04, 2004, 04:32:14 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
//JK75
VIP

It's been a long time for me

« Reply #103 on: March 04, 2004, 07:28:34 PM »

I like Slang, the full album is an evolution for Def Leppard... the bad thing came after that, when they force their way to get back to the old times and try to sound like they do in the 80's.. the last 2 albums sound repetitive.. boring !!!

I saw them in the Slang tour and was a great show.

//JK
SLCPUNK
« Reply #104 on: March 04, 2004, 08:23:23 PM »

From Melodicrock.com:

DEF LEPPARD SET TO COVER THE 70'S:
Def Leppard have finished several weeks worth of recording which will make up their next album, due mid-year. But the album is set to be all covers, with British bands of the 70's the theme of the record. I don't want to pre-empt an official announcement, but if this is true, I'll be disappointed. The band has consistently delivered well crafted cover tunes as bonus tracks for b-sides to their singles which have been enjoyable to listen to, but at this stage of their career, do we really need a whole album's worth?
I still enjoy playing the X album and think the band were stiffed by the record label with their lack of promotion, but I don't believe that a covers album is the answer.

Smiley

They had released an album in Japan (1-2 years ago) I think that had all older songs. It was most of Def Leppard and the Spiders (I can't remember). One of the songs they covered was "All the young dudes". Look on their site. I'm sure their is info about it somewhere. I'm too lazy to look right now.

Edit: The name of the side group is Cybernauts

http://www.defleppard.com/cybernauts/home.html

I keep meaning to buy this album, but I forget. I wonder if that post is about this group, just misinformed, or they a really are going to release an album under DL.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2004, 08:32:51 PM by SLCPUNK » Logged
POPmetal
« Reply #105 on: March 06, 2004, 04:44:49 AM »

I saw them at the Chronicle Pavilion in Concord (that's in the San Francisco Bay Area) last year and they fuckin' rocked. It was my 2nd concert ever (first being GN'R on New Years' Eve @ the Joint).  

X is an awesome POP record. But it has no business whatsoever bearing the Def Leppard name. Gravity, Now, and A Girl Like You are great songs.

One of the songs they played on the sound system before Def Leppard went on was GN'R's Coma.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #106 on: March 06, 2004, 09:57:30 AM »

One of the songs they played on the sound system before Def Leppard went on was GN'R's Coma.

Snap, when i saw them over here GNR's Coma played, that was a plesant surprise.

X isn't a terrible album as a one off - but i'd hope there next album has a bit more 'attitude' to it

Quick! To the bandwagon!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #107 on: March 07, 2004, 12:58:20 PM »

Gravity, Now, and A Girl Like You are great songs.

Girl like you is a great song. There is a part, just a glimpse, near the end that is them going off on guitar. I love that part, they should have taken that sound and lengthened it. Not to mention including more of it on the entire album. X is still a good album to play on a drive, I can listen to it with my whole family. Smiley
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #108 on: March 08, 2004, 10:01:08 PM »

I still liking Retro Active such a cool record, specially Ring of Fire! any other leppard record lke that??  yes

No man can be my equal
SLCPUNK
« Reply #109 on: March 08, 2004, 10:20:12 PM »

I still liking Retro Active such a cool record, specially Ring of Fire! any other leppard record lke that??  yes

I guess for that particular sound it's Pyromania, Hysteria.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #110 on: March 09, 2004, 03:59:07 PM »

Retro active is something special, possibly Leppard's best album and to go toe to toe with Hysteria is quite something.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #111 on: March 09, 2004, 04:01:41 PM »

Retro active is something special, possibly Leppard's best album and to go toe to toe with Hysteria is quite something.

I know, I'm listening to it right now.

I am starting to think "The Desert Song" is one of my all time favorites. I don't know what it is about that song. But it sends chills over me. Just awesome.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #112 on: August 06, 2004, 08:13:50 AM »

I thought id bring this thread back kids.  Up until recently i had only heard one song by this band and i hated it i think it was called 'Lets Get Rocked' so anyway i decided not to delve further into their catalogue since this one song had sucked so much.  I was watching 'People You Love To Hate' on SCUZZ a few weeks ago (it's the only way you can see Extreme these days Smiley )  Anyway they played 'Animal' and i thought was great since then i have heard 'Pour Some Sugar On Me' and some other class songs like 'Love Bites' & 'Comin' Under Fire'.  Anyway since this thread is so damn big im guessing this board has a lot of fans so what do you guys recommend i get first to start my Def Leppard collection? e.g. Best Albums etc.
POPmetal
« Reply #113 on: August 06, 2004, 11:51:51 AM »

I thought id bring this thread back kids.? Up until recently i had only heard one song by this band and i hated it i think it was called 'Lets Get Rocked' so anyway i decided not to delve further into their catalogue since this one song had sucked so much.? I was watching 'People You Love To Hate' on SCUZZ a few weeks ago (it's the only way you can see Extreme these days Smiley )? Anyway they played 'Animal' and i thought was great since then i have heard 'Pour Some Sugar On Me' and some other class songs like 'Love Bites' & 'Comin' Under Fire'.? Anyway since this thread is so damn big im guessing this board has a lot of fans so what do you guys recommend i get first to start my Def Leppard collection? e.g. Best Albums etc.

I'd say start with Hysteria and Pyromania. Hysteria is tied with AFD for being my all time favorite album (even though they are polar opposites).
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #114 on: August 06, 2004, 01:16:34 PM »

What sucks and has 9 arms... Def Leppard

Fuck All Y'all
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #115 on: August 06, 2004, 04:32:32 PM »

Def Leppard are my fav active band - awesome back catelogue, Stoned ur in for a treat.

Best albums - Hysteria and Retro Active, only UYI 2 surpasses them - amazing guitar work, hooks galore, great stuff - these two albums espicially don't have a single weak track, this is pure gold from cover to cover and i don't think any band has put out two such consistent albums - Miss you in a heartbeat is as emotionally devestaing as Estranged and 'Women' and 'Run Riot' are the best damn guitar rock tracks ever.

I have had Pyromania in my cd player continously for some time now yet another classic - infact anything from High 'n' dry, Pyromania, Hysteria, Adrenalize and Retro Active are fantastic. There latest albums require some effort to get into but have their charms - they haven't put out a bad album and i can't wait for album no.11.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #116 on: August 07, 2004, 02:11:26 AM »

Yea Hysteria is pretty damn amazing.

Check out "Women" on that album (one of my favs ever from them). Talk about a kick ass song. I mean, major kick ass! peace

Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #117 on: August 07, 2004, 02:22:52 PM »

What sucks and has 9 arms... Def Leppard
What has ten fingers and half a brain? You!

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #118 on: August 07, 2004, 02:27:13 PM »

I'm not a huge fan, but I have a few albums. I like "Two Step Behind"

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #119 on: August 09, 2004, 03:49:04 PM »

Apparently the new album is scheduled for the last week of December beer