Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:39:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  When CD comes out and they finally tour will gnr play all of chinese democracy?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: When CD comes out and they finally tour will gnr play all of chinese democracy?  (Read 19267 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2005, 06:32:48 PM »

I also don'tr think most people seeing new gnr will have cd in hand because like most big time rock bands people want to see the show they aren't worried about the new material.// Everytime I se an older band I don't run out and buy their latest album because I already know the songs that will be played and I am past that chapter in my life of hunting for all new music from older bands..
Again, GNR is a totally different scenario than those othe rbands. This is not an old band making another album. This album has been highly anticipated and it is by a new band. They have kept the name. WHen people think of GNR nowadays they think about the whole CD scenario.

Please stop putting GNR in the same category as any other rock band scenario. Its not.

You mentioned metallica... They actually had some big hits since(black album)  that had radio airplay that are still in rotation off Load n Relaod garage and I give you st anger (still sold 500,000+ opening week) I think certain bands like ac/dc or iron maiden can have the biggest fan following going to al, their concerts and never do good on new album sales.. people just love the hits..
Again, those bands are not trying to do somehting new with their new stuff. You cant compare CD to an ACDC album.

As for more new I think that suits forum fans over long time fans.. No one is sitting around caring about cd like everyone else.. hell great deal of people who would see shows have no clue where axl is or what he is doing..  I am looking at these things as a eprson that asks many people about new gnr and if they ever heard of them.. I can count on one hand who knows that CD is taking forever or what the new band is.. Granted these are people thirty or older so I can not speak for the teens of today. I just personally believe the old time fans who will make a great deal of the audience would rather hear the mega hits the name made famous

I guess your friends dont watch much TV or read music magazines. Or keep up with the rnr scene. Any average rnr fan knows something about the GNr situation. They all know that it is Axl and a new band making this long delayed album. That is widely known by any run of th emill fan. And thats all they need to know. Whether they know whos in the band or not means jack shit. Actually its better for GNr if they dont know about them yet. Then I dont have to hear people liek you telling me these same people are going to the shows simply for the GNR nmae. Because it brings abck memories and lil hs kids are wearin the shirts.

The audience will consist of many kinds of fans. I would say more than half will consist of people who are tehre for the new material. That sif CD is good and does well. Of course there will be peopel there who dislike the new stuff and are only there to hear jungle or something. But the majority will be new blood....or peopel who actually are into the new band....

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2005, 08:39:23 PM »

mmm    for respect towards, Slash and the former members, they -- axl and co.--shouldnt play a single song they havent written in the NU GNR days...
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2005, 11:39:21 PM »

mmm? ? for respect towards, Slash and the former members, they -- axl and co.--shouldnt play a single song they havent written in the NU GNR days...

I believe Axl has earned the right to perform the songs he's always performed - songs which bear his voice, image, and words!  Songs which, if he doesn't keep alive through GN'R, might otherwise only become memories.  I'd rather the songs live on.  "''It is something I lived by before these guys were in it. And there were other people in Guns N` Roses before them, you know. I contemplated letting go of that, but it doesn't feel right in any way. I am not the person who chose to try to kill it and walk away.''
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2005, 01:16:54 PM »

Well it doesnt really matter what I think about the band, but you know, the soul of GNR is not the same without the original members, since that is true, then, the old songs, dont have the same feeling, or the feeling they should have, adding some strange sounds and weird solos, well its ok that axl wants to go forward, but you know, something should never change...
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2005, 02:55:18 PM »

Well it doesnt really matter what I think about the band, but you know, the soul of GNR is not the same without the original members, since that is true, then, the old songs, dont have the same feeling, or the feeling they should have, adding some strange sounds and weird solos, well its ok that axl wants to go forward, but you know, something should never change...

change is inherent in what any living thing is.
like our lives, all of those changes which take place - they are what our life is.
our life doesn't cease to be our same life because of these changes
our life is "what it is" as it becomes "what it is"
its not a fixed entity!  at what point do you decide your life is what it is and that its all its ever going to be?
You may be married 20 years to the same person, have the same job, and live in the same house and never have any kids so that aspect doesn't change...
but is your life not actually changing every day - you are aging, you are learning, you are becoming you continuously.

so i view the 'life' or 'spirit' (you called it soul) of GN'R.
It remained and survived and developed and evolved past the departure of Steven, Izzy, Slash, & Duff.

I went into this in another topic.....

The fact that Guns N' Roses is "Guns N' Roses" is of immense value and can not be underestimated. 
Guns N' Roses only need not betray what "Guns N' Roses" is recognized as.
Some have pointed out that the abscense of Slash betrays what "Guns N' Roses" is.
What must be overcome is the perception that "Guns N' Roses" ceases to be "Guns N' Roses" due to Slash's absence.
Therefore, what "Guns N' Roses" is presented as, is what must be promoted to that end.
The history of Guns N' Roses must be cosidered, and its present state must be considered as evolution inherent in that history.
The changes manifested by that evolution must be recognized as, (therefore presented as), a necessary element or product of what is "Guns N' Roses".
As in evolution, the present state is derivative of the earlier stages, and to be considered 'good' must be considered as necessary.
To be accepted as "Guns N' Roses", Guns N' Roses as it is presently must be accepted and understood as the necessary and natural product of itself.

I believe that Axl has always maintained that the nature of "Guns N' Roses", beyond who was in the band, is defined by and is that which it produces.
Beyond even the actual music created, Guns N' Roses has produced an energy (or spirit) sustatined by its exchange - multiplied amongst those to whom it appeals, returning in an intesified state to its source - continually renewed through this circular motion I believe that this energy/spirit has remained constant.  I believe that the spirit or nature of Guns N' Roses has not changed, and as such I believe that Guns N' Roses is what it has always been - and I believe that Guns N' Roses is what its nature has dictated it is destined to be.

I hope you realize that I'm not putting down your sentiment - you wish that things had never changed.  That's understandable.  If you'd rather only ever hear the old songs from the old band...  that's an understandable feeling/emotion.  It's like a child whose parents divorce and then re-marry to others.  The new wife/step-mother may want to make spaghetti and meatballs for the child, and the child may refuse because its not the same as their real mother's spaghetti and meatballs.  Especially if  that child has a supply of the real mother's spaghetti and meatballs stored in a freezer - ready to heat and eat whenever they want - and enough to last them for the rest of their life.  The child may feel its inappropriate for the step-mother to make her spaghetti and meatballs... and how dare the father eat it or attempt to serve it!  He should know it's not the same as "mom's"...  nor will it ever be as good as "mom's".  Mom made hers with her 'soul'... something which the step-mom could never hope to duplicate.

So yeah, I understand.  I just have a different way of looking at it - different feelings.  To me, Axl IS the mom, and he's still serving his spaghetti.  Wink

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2005, 03:04:59 PM »

Its probably going to be a given they open with WTTJ and end with PC.

I truly hope that isnt the case. If the shows arent say 90% new material, and 10 % old, I want to hear Illusion material over AFD. Keep SCOM and say RQ but bring on the UYI gems! Id love to hear the band open with You Aint the First or The Garden (dont ask me why, I just think the mood would be perfect!) and say close the show with Breakdown->Chinese D rocker->Coma->Chinese D epic-> Estranged Shocked

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2005, 03:49:45 PM »

I guess your friends dont watch much TV or read music magazines. Or keep up with the rnr scene. Any average rnr fan knows something about the GNr situation. They all know that it is Axl and a new band making this long delayed album. That is widely known by any run of th emill fan. And thats all they need to know. Whether they know whos in the band or not means jack shit. Actually its better for GNr if they dont know about them yet. Then I dont have to hear people liek you telling me these same people are going to the shows simply for the GNR nmae. Because it brings abck memories and lil hs kids are wearin the shirts.

I don't agree with any of the first line..  Your average rock fan who maybe listens to Q104.3 (local classic rock station i nyc) doesn't know a damn thing about Cd.. I always hear something like oh axl came back at the vmas. Lets not get into what they say because it is a dead horse topic.. yes it is better people don't know who is in the band so people going to the shows are tricked into seeing a band that is not hihi paris hilton is the type that would wear a gnr t shirt or any other past famous rock groups..  She has a clue but doesn't at the same time.. trendy trendy trendy..

So your average older rock fan who already has their own music they collected growing up has no clue about cd or anything else.. I think people need to wake up and understand our dream world is a very private dream world and all this expectation is from cd is a private one only known by die hards and some people in the music industry.. More because it became a joke then expecting amazing material..

Many many famous groups do great in concert attendance but their sales aren't that great.. Keep believing everyone is waiting for cd and the fans going to see the shows called gnr are heading to the arenas to hear the latest music.. That old music sparked world domination, the new music is non existent yet and really not anticipated by anyone.. Older people aren't still sitting around reading metal edge hit parader and circus like they did when gnr was around.. maybe the kiddies are... I honestly doubt this group will ever tour and with axl's track record even if it happens it's bound to be short lived.. The man couldn't complete a 3 week tour in his round 1 comeback..

maybe you se this different then me.. I know when someone tells me hey I have an extra ticket to see stones, u-2, metallica, aeromsith or maiden I just expect to hear the music I love and see the artists who made the music too.. None of this researching the band, not oh what's their new music like?? is new gnr a new band?? Sure no doubt, but who knows this and really who gives a flying fuck in the real world.  The only band I can say for sure where the fans care is U-2, their new music always sells well and they are a world above gnr and just about any other present day band..  I was listening to a program on 104.3 and thye had sir paul on and he mentioned how he played mostly beatles and wings songs at his concert.. That's because people want that, not his latest creations.. That's for the die hards, like the people who hang around forums all day.. maybe the teenagers will love it..
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2005, 04:46:03 PM »

Yeah, mikeg is totally right.  You guys need to talk to some average rock fans, cause they don't know jack shit about CD.  Back in 2002, when I told people I was going to see Guns N' Roses, the most common response I got was, "they're still around?"  And this was shortly after the VMAs, when they actually had some publicity going.  And these people I'm talking about are people who actually used to follow GN'R, and they had no idea about the new album or anything.  Aside from us diehards on this site, there really isn't as big a buzz as you might think for this album.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2005, 05:15:37 PM »

mmm? ? for respect towards, Slash and the former members, they -- axl and co.--shouldnt play a single song they havent written in the NU GNR days...

Well VR play STP and Gnr songs so its the same thing basically. I think Axl should just play a handful of old gnr songs tho like WTTJ, Scom, mr b, pc, patience, nov rain, kohd and then play the rest the songs on CD.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2005, 06:45:33 PM »

maybe you se this different then me.. I know when someone tells me hey I have an extra ticket to see stones, u-2, metallica, aeromsith or maiden I just expect to hear the music I love and see the artists who made the music too.. None of this researching the band, not oh what's their new music like?? is new gnr a new band?? Sure no doubt, but who knows this and really who gives a flying fuck in the real world.? The only band I can say for sure where the fans care is U-2, their new music always sells well and they are a world above gnr and just about any other present day band..? I was listening to a program on 104.3 and thye had sir paul on and he mentioned how he played mostly beatles and wings songs at his concert.. That's because people want that, not his latest creations.. That's for the die hards, like the people who hang around forums all day.. maybe the teenagers will love it..

i totally 'get' what you're saying.  all of that being said and understood, however, consider that GN'R may very well release quite a few singles of the new material and people may very well look forward to hearing those new (hit) songs at the shows.   and i am talking about the general music fan / concert goer.

as far as people researching who is in the band...  i too don't believe thats something that people do.  they hear the music, they see the video.  if it sounds cool and they like the image of the band as presented either directly or indirectly in the video, hear/see/read about the band via TV, radio, magazines... and hear they're coming to town - they'll buy tickets.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2005, 06:58:30 PM »

Well VR play STP and Gnr songs so its the same thing basically. I think Axl should just play a handful of old gnr songs tho like WTTJ, Scom, mr b, pc, patience, nov rain, kohd and then play the rest the songs on CD.

but they don't bill themselves as guns n roses and stp, they just had a hand in creating them and giving the fans a treat.. Axl needs to play those old songs to give the fans the music thye came to hear..Sure people here would love a new gnr cd only concert but most normal people wouldn't.. Imagien going to a conceret not knowing most of the songs? The reason the 2002 msg show was awesome was because we were all able to sing along

i totally 'get' what you're saying.  all of that being said and understood, however, consider that GN'R may very well release quite a few singles of the new material and people may very well look forward to hearing those new (hit) songs at the shows.   and i am talking about the general music fan / concert goer.
yeah eva you will defeintly get a lot of new fans who are into the new tunes.. I was speaking of the older fans who saw gnr when it was gnr..

All this shit is just my feelings on the subject and how I usually act get when I go to see bands from my youth.. I never think about their new music anymore, I just care about the songs I grew up with..

Say the fan base is from late 20's to late 40's, most people have their music collection and selections already and will happily see a show billed gnr, but they most likely are going there expecting to hear their hits like most people seeing a famous band does.. Older people are set in there ways, it's just a true thing.. Music will be one of them too...
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2005, 07:00:02 PM »

maybe you se this different then me.. I know when someone tells me hey I have an extra ticket to see stones, u-2, metallica, aeromsith or maiden I just expect to hear the music I love and see the artists who made the music too.. None of this researching the band, not oh what's their new music like?? is new gnr a new band?? Sure no doubt, but who knows this and really who gives a flying fuck in the real world.? The only band I can say for sure where the fans care is U-2, their new music always sells well and they are a world above gnr and just about any other present day band..? I was listening to a program on 104.3 and thye had sir paul on and he mentioned how he played mostly beatles and wings songs at his concert.. That's because people want that, not his latest creations.. That's for the die hards, like the people who hang around forums all day.. maybe the teenagers will love it..

i totally 'get' what you're saying.? all of that being said and understood, however, consider that GN'R may very well release quite a few singles of the new material and people may very well look forward to hearing those new (hit) songs at the shows.? ?and i am talking about the general music fan / concert goer.

as far as people researching who is in the band...? i too don't believe thats something that people do.? they hear the music, they see the video.? if it sounds cool and they like the image of the band as presented either directly or indirectly in the video, hear/see/read about the band via TV, radio, magazines... and hear they're coming to town - they'll buy tickets.

Exactly Eva. All my friends are into rock n roll, and know i adore /AxlGnR but they also think it's ridiculous how he calls this band GnR, and how long a recording process its been. Despite their preliminary doubts/hesitations, they'll buy the material if it's good and go to the concerts if they like what they hear. I think Axl's presence has been MIA for so long if you take 2002 out of consideration, that once he drops a KILLER and i mean a killer single, he will reign supreme again.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2005, 07:11:06 PM »

Yeah, mikeg is totally right.? You guys need to talk to some average rock fans, cause they don't know jack shit about CD.? Back in 2002, when I told people I was going to see Guns N' Roses, the most common response I got was, "they're still around?"? And this was shortly after the VMAs, when they actually had some publicity going.? And these people I'm talking about are people who actually used to follow GN'R, and they had no idea about the new album or anything.? Aside from us diehards on this site, there really isn't as big a buzz as you might think for this album.
Thanks dude... people here must think I am just making things up.. An average rock fan from the age demographic that I talk to at work has their albums already and mostly just listen to classic rock radio stations.. They know nothing about cd or a new group or gnr really being around in any shape or form.. I know people that saw them back in the day, it's just now they are family men and have passed the stage of following bands that closely... They aren't on blabbermouth or metal sludge.. They most likely have their favorite band like myself and once loved gnr during their hayday and their HS years but as a band disappears and you grow up it's just normal to move on and cherish the music you grew up on.. You would still see a band you loved growing up but there's a good chance you have no interest in anything they are doing now but would see a familiar live show for the memories or entertainment value..

There are many bands I grew up loving through the late 80's and early 90's but I only know the name now and couldn't tell you anything they are working on or going to release now.. I couldn't tell you who was in the band I just know the name when I hear it and would probably blindly go to the concert expecting what made them famous along with the people in the band who I remember.. if I go to see motley crue and only vince neil was there I would be like why is this being billed as motley crue and where the fuck is nikki tommy and mick??? So alot of people enjoyed gnr, saw them in the day and know the name but have no idea past there.. Everyone who has an older band who had fame think their groups' album is highly anticipated by the opublic or that they will start some simliar revolution they did back in their prime.. I will not disagree that in the rock world among musicians and some die hard fans that cd is known and anticpate it's release...

it's like buckethead is in the Former GNr member section... I say PLEASE, the guy was never gnr and nobody even knows he plus he was never apart of any album release by the name..  Only forum fans know or care about this useless fact.. Not knocking the guys talent, I happened to like the guy
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2005, 09:07:52 PM »

Well if you live in, say Bath, you're likely to be surrounded by English . If you live in Guatemala, you perhaps hear Spanish everyday.
Whoever you mingle with, you don't know what people think any further and what they will say in the future.
I agree with Eva and mainman.

The topic says "when CD comes out" to begin with, does nay? Cool
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2005, 10:17:57 PM »

Yeah, mikeg is totally right.? You guys need to talk to some average rock fans, cause they don't know jack shit about CD.? Back in 2002, when I told people I was going to see Guns N' Roses, the most common response I got was, "they're still around?"? And this was shortly after the VMAs, when they actually had some publicity going.? And these people I'm talking about are people who actually used to follow GN'R, and they had no idea about the new album or anything.? Aside from us diehards on this site, there really isn't as big a buzz as you might think for this album.
Thanks dude... people here must think I am just making things up.. An average rock fan from the age demographic that I talk to at work has their albums already and mostly just listen to classic rock radio stations.. They know nothing about cd or a new group or gnr really being around in any shape or form.. I know people that saw them back in the day, it's just now they are family men and have passed the stage of following bands that closely... They aren't on blabbermouth or metal sludge.. They most likely have their favorite band like myself and once loved gnr during their hayday and their HS years but as a band disappears and you grow up it's just normal to move on and cherish the music you grew up on.. You would still see a band you loved growing up but there's a good chance you have no interest in anything they are doing now but would see a familiar live show for the memories or entertainment value..

There are many bands I grew up loving through the late 80's and early 90's but I only know the name now and couldn't tell you anything they are working on or going to release now.. I couldn't tell you who was in the band I just know the name when I hear it and would probably blindly go to the concert expecting what made them famous along with the people in the band who I remember.. if I go to see motley crue and only vince neil was there I would be like why is this being billed as motley crue and where the fuck is nikki tommy and mick??? So alot of people enjoyed gnr, saw them in the day and know the name but have no idea past there.. Everyone who has an older band who had fame think their groups' album is highly anticipated by the opublic or that they will start some simliar revolution they did back in their prime.. I will not disagree that in the rock world among musicians and some die hard fans that cd is known and anticpate it's release...

it's like buckethead is in the Former GNr member section... I say PLEASE, the guy was never gnr and nobody even knows he plus he was never apart of any album release by the name..? Only forum fans know or care about this useless fact.. Not knocking the guys talent, I happened to like the guy

All you said is? a plus for gnr and Axl. You say a lot of fans dont know about Axl and the new gnr and how is that bad? They will just happen one day to hear a new gnr single on the radio or see the cd on release day and say HOLY SHIT what is this. And they will eat it up. How is that bad? Its not a bad thing the majorty of gnr fans have not been waiting for this album since 1999 like we have. Its a good thing and they will be suprised when they hear the first single and see the album  on the rack.

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
GNRisSLASH
Banned
Rocker

Ch. Democracy will be out when China's a Democracy

« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2005, 11:08:34 PM »

Yeah, mikeg is totally right.  You guys need to talk to some average rock fans, cause they don't know jack shit about CD.  Back in 2002, when I told people I was going to see Guns N' Roses, the most common response I got was, "they're still around?"  And this was shortly after the VMAs, when they actually had some publicity going.  And these people I'm talking about are people who actually used to follow GN'R, and they had no idea about the new album or anything.  Aside from us diehards on this site, there really isn't as big a buzz as you might think for this album.

it's like buckethead is in the Former GNr member section... I say PLEASE, the guy was never gnr and nobody even knows he plus he was never apart of any album release by the name..  Only forum fans know or care about this useless fact.. Not knocking the guys talent, I happened to like the guy

and they will be suprised when they hear the first single and see the album  on the rack.

We'll all be surprised when we hear the first single and see the album on the rack.

"It'll be out by 2009"
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #56 on: October 08, 2005, 12:47:32 AM »

i totally 'get' what you're saying.? all of that being said and understood, however, consider that GN'R may very well release quite a few singles of the new material and people may very well look forward to hearing those new (hit) songs at the shows.? ?and i am talking about the general music fan / concert goer.
yeah eva you will defeintly get a lot of new fans who are into the new tunes.. I was speaking of the older fans who saw gnr when it was gnr..

All this shit is just my feelings on the subject and how I usually act get when I go to see bands from my youth.. I never think about their new music anymore, I just care about the songs I grew up with..

Say the fan base is from late 20's to late 40's, most people have their music collection and selections already and will happily see a show billed gnr, but they most likely are going there expecting to hear their hits like most people seeing a famous band does.. Older people are set in there ways, it's just a true thing.. Music will be one of them too...

I don't think the old fans will be immune to appreciating or getting into the new songs.  (Though I suspect there will be those who will deny it  hihi)

Though, yes, older fans are going to want more of the old songs.  I don't think it has so much as being set in thier ways though... I think it has to do with older fans having known and loved more of the songs. 

The more old songs the perform, however, the greater the risk of them being considered a "tribute band" (albeit with the founding frontman with the definitive identifying voice).  Axl may very well be willing to risk what some will say/think in order to please fans....   Or he may very well be willing to risk not re-attracting a portion of the older fans.  It's a toss up from where I see it.  Whatever is best for the band, I presume, is what will decide it.  And though personally I want to hear more of the new material at the shows, whatever is going to be best for the band is what matters.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2005, 10:22:26 AM »

it's like buckethead is in the Former GNr member section... I say PLEASE, the guy was never gnr and nobody even knows he plus he was never apart of any album release by the name..? Only forum fans know or care about this useless fact.. Not knocking the guys talent, I happened to like the guy

All you said is? a plus for gnr and Axl. You say a lot of fans dont know about Axl and the new gnr and how is that bad? They will just happen one day to hear a new gnr single on the radio or see the cd on release day and say HOLY SHIT what is this. And they will eat it up. How is that bad? Its not a bad thing the majorty of gnr fans have not been waiting for this album since 1999 like we have. Its a good thing and they will be suprised when they hear the first single and see the album? on the rack.

dave if you followed the coversation you would understand I never said it was good or bad.. I was responding to YG who said the average rock fan knows about what is going on with cd at the very least and I stated the regular rock fan doesn't have a clue in the age of the fans who originally followed gnr.. Maybe the people I know don't know these things because they do physical labor at work and don't have countless hours to waste on a PC... maybe the office worker knows better.. I just know the people I work with an ossociate with don't sit around reading metal sludge or blabbermouth or even buy metal edge circus or hit parader anymore.. Getting into newer music is definetly a younger persons way when they are creating their tastes and collection of favs.. I'm sure axl will have devoted new fans who are nice and young who will buy many albums and older fans who will be buying lots of tickets to see him live to take a page out of their younger days and experience those awesome hits
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2005, 11:03:00 AM »

I don't think the old fans will be immune to appreciating or getting into the new songs.? (Though I suspect there will be those who will deny it? hihi)

Though, yes, older fans are going to want more of the old songs.? I don't think it has so much as being set in thier ways though... I think it has to do with older fans having known and loved more of the songs.?

The more old songs the perform, however, the greater the risk of them being considered a "tribute band" (albeit with the founding frontman with the definitive identifying voice).? Axl may very well be willing to risk what some will say/think in order to please fans....? ?Or he may very well be willing to risk not re-attracting a portion of the older fans.? It's a toss up from where I see it.? Whatever is best for the band, I presume, is what will decide it.? And though personally I want to hear more of the new material at the shows, whatever is going to be best for the band is what matters.

if it's good I will say so but to me personally I won't consider it new guns n roses material.. Just axl rose material...
it's pretty simple eva.. When I was in HS I use to buy tons of newer records and really care about the movements going on.. Maybe it was because I reallyu liked 80's metal and grunge... Could have been it was just better music then the past 5 years or so.. Now over ten years out of HS I buy very few records and tend to enjoy the big selection of music I have collected since my youth.. Pretty sure that is fairly normal as you get older especially if you grew up during an era where the music was great..

That tribute band comment I don't agree with.. If you are going to keep the name guns n roses then you should act like gnr.. If gnr stayed together and the badn never broke up they could play a song from 87 or 2005 and no one would even think that.. As long as it's billed as gnr and axl fronts the band I kind of expect to hear the classics.. What happens (if it happens) is all speculation but I was sepaking for the older fans not the new ones.. it may just be me.. if Zepplin got back together I would just excpect to hear mostly the stuff I grew up hearing, the music that gets play time on the radion for the past decades.. The fan base that is the strongest will always be the people who were there the first time when the band was big and that's a big reason to keep the big popular songs in there... Sure you should drop one or two to make room for some newer ones.. you can't go by what people want on a gnr fan forum because they aren't typical fans..
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2005, 01:00:01 PM »

I dont like the road this is going down, lets try and get back on track where will they play mostly CD tracks

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: