Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:42:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  When CD comes out and they finally tour will gnr play all of chinese democracy?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: When CD comes out and they finally tour will gnr play all of chinese democracy?  (Read 19270 times)
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2005, 12:28:36 AM »

I think he should do like John Fogerty did in the 1980's and only play new material. But that scenario is unlikely. Some people will want to hear Jungle for the millionth time. Axl could do like Queensryche did years ago. Play some hits, play CD in its entirety, then play a few more hits. That scenario is more likely than the Fogerty scenario. But anything's possible. But I think another tour of rehashing AFD would be a huge mistake.

Boston did that also on thier Third stage tour.( the way queensryche di the operation mindcrime tour.)

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2005, 12:59:41 AM »

yea im hoping they play for around 2:30-3 hours.?

I guess that's a possibility but Axl's in his early/mid 40's and is a high energy performer,? not sure if 3 hour sets would be in his best interest.

For me personally I prefer the hour and half, 2 hour sets, tops.? Keep it fast paced, leave 'em wanting more.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
jazjme
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2005, 01:29:45 AM »

yea im hoping they play for around 2:30-3 hours. 

I guess that's a possibility but Axl's in his early/mid 40's and is a high energy performer,  not sure if 3 hour sets would be in his best interest.

NOw thats kinda dumb, to talk that way, unless you feel that way in your own age...Please , no offense, but Im pretty sure if axl wanted to do a 3 hr show every night , Im sure he could.

WIth that said I do however think that , if as he says , and all pans out about 3 albums , and gettin them done( and even if there isnt 3 albums), and goin on a long tour, start on the light side, 2 hrs, and as it goes and the chops of touring come back in motion, extended the shows(go back to the no true set list days, and play how he wants)as long as he wants , not unlike the illusion era.

Peace

For me personally I prefer the hour and half, 2 hour sets, tops.  Keep it fast paced, leave 'em wanting more.

11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2005, 01:50:24 AM »

NOw thats kinda dumb, to talk that way, unless you feel that way in your own age...Please , no offense, but Im pretty sure if axl wanted to do a 3 hr show every night , Im sure he could.

Sorry, but there's no chance in hell he could go 3 hours a night at a high level.  He's always been hit or miss live anyway and the strain of a 3 hour set every night of a tour would most certainly diminish the quality of his performance.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2005, 01:52:35 AM »

Sorry, but there's no chance in hell he could go 3 hours a night at a high level.? He's always been hit or miss live anyway and the strain of a 3 hour set every night of a tour would most certainly diminish the quality of his performance.

He could do it but only if he plays three shows a week and does not run around like a mad man every show.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2005, 02:00:38 AM »

I'd rather get 2 hours of Axl at his best than 3 of him going half-assed.  I personally would prefer him to play a decent amount of old stuff as well since I've never seen any of it performed live...but that's just me.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2005, 02:06:09 AM »

He could do it but only if he plays three shows a week and does not run around like a mad man every show.

Under the above parameters, I'm sure he could handle it.

Although..

Part of Axl's live allure for me is his running around like a mad man, he such an "all out' performer. ?I think anything less than that would diminish the concert experience for both the audience (well, me) and the performer.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2005, 05:58:58 AM »

im up in the air with what they will do. As they go, i think we will hear less old stuff but it'll alwys be there for sure!!

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2005, 07:49:02 AM »

im up in the air with what they will do. As they go, i think we will hear less old stuff but it'll alwys be there for sure!!

I believe they'll end up with only:  Welcome to the Jungle, Sweet Child O' Mine, and Paradise City.  Maybe November Rain. 
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2005, 10:11:17 AM »

I hope they'll play a set where the majority of the songs are new songs and throw in a few old songs (non-hits) and then maybe rotate the hits (meaning not play them at every show).

I know most people expect to hear November Rain, Paradise City, Sweet Child O' Mine, Patience, Welcome To The Jungle, You Could Be Mine and Knockin' On Heaven's Door. But that's already seven songs. Which could be about 1/3 of the show. Add to that the other old songs and you'd have a show with probably at least 50% old songs....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: October 06, 2005, 10:15:50 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
greekmule
Rocker

she's so beatifully broken...

« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2005, 10:13:19 AM »

My DREAM cd tour:
a)play for two hours (maybe two and a half).Keep it fast-no more drum,guitar solos pleeeease. most of us enjoy Axl rants or the (self)sarcastic sense of humor he seems to have developed lately but Axl ?if u decide to start talkin please keep it short!

b)play 20-25 songs-2/3 new material 1/3 old

c)change the fucking set list!I think these musicians can learn how to play 20 new songs(not all of them have to be on CD) and 30 old songs.keep 50% of the setlist fixed and change the other 50% every fuckin show.Of course the band (captain A included) would have to practise a lot and we all know that this is extremely unlikely to happen beer)

d)Axl should stop runnin like a mad man and maybe he should focus on his breath and on his voice.He can be cool and give a great performance without actin like a sprinter(just watch the SCOM video)

just my 0.02

homo homini lupus...
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2005, 10:27:37 AM »

d)Axl should stop runnin like a mad man and maybe he should focus on his breath and on his voice.He can be cool and give a great performance without actin like a sprinter(just watch the SCOM video)

Interesting observation about the SCOM video 'performance'.
Not that he has to run, but I do enjoy the way he makes sure to cover the whole stage - get close to all of the audience - and not just play center stage.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2005, 10:44:49 AM »

Some people have to move a lot to beat their stage fright. I donno if it is the case with him.

I personally would love to see them play 100% new songs.

On a Realistic base, I agree that a set with a few oldies would be reasonable.

And a show like 45 mins, 15 mins break, 45 mins break and some encores is what I'd suggest (for utterly my own convenience Tongue).
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2005, 10:57:12 AM »

yeah! I agree with Jarmo and ppbebe!
I would like to hear a new Killer opening song from Guns N Roses! I think opening every show with Jungle has run its course!
One of the new killer rock songs should fith as beeing a new Opening song, same with the encore! It should be a new song. It would
get the new band a kind of new id. and push them forward! I would like them to play a couple of the old tunes, like Nov. Rain, and Rocket Queen, but
like Jarmo said, not to many of the old hits! I would pay alot to hear "Bad Apples" Live! That would mean alot for me!  ok

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2005, 11:09:29 AM »

people that go to see big famous group[s want to hear the music that made the name big, not the new stuff... I want to hear the older stuff live, that is what most care about

So your saying the majority of the people here want to hear the old stuff when they go to the next gnr tour?

I think future GNR sets will consist of the majority of the new album and the essential hits sprinckled in.

if axl tours again do you think everyone will have cd in their hands...? I think most people will want tohear all the classics.. if I see metallica ac/dc maiden aerosmith stones or sir paul I expect to hear their classics.. That is exactly what they do even if they have new materia becayuse they know that's where the fan base came from and that's what they want to hear

Yes, the majority peopel at a future GNR concert will more than likely have CD in their hands....There are a few big differences between GNR and the bands you mentioned and hwo they went about things....

GNR is not an old band making a new album. They are a new band with an old name making a new album. Hence the new fans of this band will want to hear the new stuff. Of course everyone would liek to hear the old stuff as well. Thats why Im sure Axl will throw in the jungles, scoms of the world. But the purpose of future tours will be to push and play CD.

Also for the most part Metallicas new music bombed. Hence no1 cared about the new stuff. If GNr put out something relevant and worth listening too it will be recieved well.

.... About 4-5 new songs and the rest old would suit me.. No fucking medly crumbs just the music that caused them to rule the world.. 

And this basically sums up the difference between me and you ...you are more wrapped up in the old stuff. Thats fine but thats why you tend to have a problem or look at things different with this band. I, and most peopel here look at this band as a new band and want to hear the new stuff and become fans of the new stuff. The old stuff was no doubt great. And we no doubt wanna hear some classics sprickled in. But we want the focus to be on the new band and new material....

I also hope you wont be the same guy bashing gnr if in fact they do play the old stuff on future tours...saying see look no1 likes the new stuff they are playing the old stuff....or see look Axl is indeed using the gnr and is playing the old stuff.....

I think the best tour will come IF this new band ever releases a 2nd and 3rd album. Imagine 5 yrs from now this band having 2 or 3 albums of their own material to play and then the oldtime hits. WHat an unpredicatble set that will be...but thats wishful and long term thinking. Dont get all ur panties up in a bunch

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2005, 11:38:02 AM »

If its a concept album, I'd like to see them play it back to back, plus a few hits at the end.

Otherwise, I agree with the 2/3 new 1/3 old scenario. By old I mean AFD plus UYI's. If Axl has been going for the AFD sound, then he should be able to mix it up quite well.

Here today...ready to rock
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2005, 11:42:53 AM »

Its probably going to be a given they open with WTTJ and end with PC.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2005, 11:47:57 AM »

I guess to start with, but if CD is a hit, then there's no reason why that shouldn't change. We need change!

Here today...ready to rock
jazjme
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2005, 04:26:16 PM »

I dont think thats a giving, at all, since I first seen gnr in 87 till last time in 02, the opening tune was at least for all the shows I had seen in the early yrs always changin, (back off Bitch, nightrain, WTTJ....and closings, varies at some shows, settled into PC, through the Illusion tour, but I like that estranged was one of the encore songs early on. BUt I see no reason, with a new band , new album, they wouldnt open and close with new material. Just makes sence to me.

11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2005, 05:28:22 PM »

So your saying the majority of the people here want to hear the old stuff when they go to the next gnr tour?
I don't know what to call, people here really.. Some are axl fans or new gnr fans.. I'm speaking of guns n roses fans, the people that were out and about the first time around..  I also don'tr think most people seeing new gnr will have cd in hand because like most big time rock bands people want to see the show they aren't worried about the new material.// Everytime I se an older band I don't run out and buy their latest album because I already know the songs that will be played and I am past that chapter in my life of hunting for all new music from older bands..

You mentioned metallica... They actually had some big hits since(black album)  that had radio airplay that are still in rotation off Load n Relaod garage and I give you st anger (still sold 500,000+ opening week) I think certain bands like ac/dc or iron maiden can have the biggest fan following going to al, their concerts and never do good on new album sales.. people just love the hits..

As for more new I think that suits forum fans over long time fans.. No one is sitting around caring about cd like everyone else.. hell great deal of people who would see shows have no clue where axl is or what he is doing..  I am looking at these things as a eprson that asks many people about new gnr and if they ever heard of them.. I can count on one hand who knows that CD is taking forever or what the new band is.. Granted these are people thirty or older so I can not speak for the teens of today. I just personally believe the old time fans who will make a great deal of the audience would rather hear the mega hits the name made famous
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: