Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 11:43:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  FAKE: New Fom Merck
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: FAKE: New Fom Merck  (Read 5430 times)
StoneTempleRoses
Rocker

Axl Was Here

« on: October 04, 2005, 05:41:31 PM »

LONDON (Reuters) - Sanctuary, the debt-laden music group that has issued a string of profit warnings in recent months, said on Monday that all potential buy-out discussions have ended.

"Following a review of the discussions to date regarding a possible offer for the company, it has decided to withdraw from all remaining discussions with third parties who had previously expressed an interest," Sanctuary said in a statement.

Music majors including EMI Group and Warner Music Group had at one time considered buying some or all of the company, according to sources familiar with the situation.

Sanctuary said it still has the support of its bankers. The company's shares fell 18 percent to 6.5 pence by 1327 GMT (2:27 p.m. British time).

Sanctuary is the world's largest independent music label and a major force in artist management, touring and merchandising. Its artists include Elton John and former Guns 'n' Roses frontman Axl Rose.

Last week Sanctuary said it expected to post a full-year loss before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation, well below analyst expectations, following a series of problems at its operating businesses. It plans a major series of cost-cuts by year-end.

Merck Mercuridas, Manager of Guns N' Roses has denied that the long awaited album from Rose's recruits Chinese Democracy is on hold for early 2006 and that the new incarnation is pushing for a late 2005 release, It is 10 years since we saw the reclusive Rose, and with exception to a handful of shows, the new band.

Is it reliable?

StoneempleRoses

Edit: This story seems to be a modified version of a previous news article with a new faked last paragraph.

Fake news paragraph.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: October 04, 2005, 07:30:41 PM by jarmo » Logged

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 05:42:35 PM »

wow! awesome. I hope it's true.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Slipdisc
VIP

~Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur~

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2005, 05:43:57 PM »

There's no reason to doubt Reuters, however how much faith can be put in Merck's words remains to be seen....

Thanks for the info!? ok

-PEACE-

Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2005, 05:52:44 PM »

Merck Mercuridas, Manager of Guns N' Roses has denied that the long awaited album from Rose's recruits Chinese Democracy is on hold for early 2006 and that the new incarnation is pushing for a late 2005 release, It is 10 years since we saw the reclusive Rose, and with exception to a handful of shows, the new band.

I wonder if their "Merck has denied... early 2006" comes from his refusal to confirm the Canyon news blurb.... and the "pushing for 2005" remark was likewise harvested from the Q magazine letter.

I'd really like to know if what is being reported in this is based on fresh/direct comments from Merck, or based on otherwise published previous comments.

If there are any remarks recently released to the press, I'd imagine Merck woudn't mind verifying them for the fans via Mysteron.   So, how about it Mystereon?  Any reply would be appreciated.  Thank you in advance.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2005, 05:57:14 PM by Eva GnRAxlRosette » Logged
snooze72
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2005, 05:56:53 PM »

The last paragraph isn't part of the original story.
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2005, 05:58:11 PM »

The last paragraph isn't part of the original story.

do you have a link to the original story you could share with us?  thank you.  Smiley
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2005, 06:13:20 PM »

Is it reliable?

No, not as long as there's no link to the original story.

I didn't find it with Google News and didn't find it on Reuters' site.

Merck Mercuridas, Manager of Guns N' Roses

I bet that Reuters wouldn't misspell his name either.

Looks like a fake news article to me.

Where did you get it?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2005, 06:54:41 PM »

Reuters always puts 'the former' before 'GNR frontman' wrongly tho.

Sounds nice but I think I've read the Reuters article very similar to this one except the last paragraph (the nice bit). very much like a Fakery.
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2005, 07:01:39 PM »

Except for the last paragraph, it's exactly the same news story darknemus posted in this thread :
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=22736.msg395722;topicseen#msg395722

Here's the link to the Reuters article :
http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=entertainmentNews&storyID=2005-09-26T160028Z_01_HO657342_RTRUKOC_0_UK-MEDIA-SANCTUARY.xml

The last paragraph seems to be fake.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2005, 07:05:36 PM »

Please don't take this the wrong way, but that last paragraph looks like it was written by someone for who english isn't their first language.  If this story was true, there'd be about 50 google news alerts to the fact, so I'm going to say that last paragraph was fabricated, more than likely by someone not U.S. / U.K. based.

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2005, 07:07:54 PM »

Please don't take this the wrong way, but that last paragraph looks like it was written by someone for who english isn't their first language.  If this story was true, there'd be about 50 google news alerts to the fact, so I'm going to say that last paragraph was fabricated, more than likely by someone not U.S. / U.K. based.

-darknemus

I agree. Plus Mercuriadis' name is not spelled correctly.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2005, 07:16:32 PM »

Please don't take this the wrong way, but that last paragraph looks like it was written by someone for who english isn't their first language.? If this story was true, there'd be about 50 google news alerts to the fact, so I'm going to say that last paragraph was fabricated, more than likely by someone not U.S. / U.K. based.

-darknemus

Now that  you mention it you are right.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2005, 07:46:43 PM »

I dont understand why people do this shit. Why add something to a legit article when you know someone will expose it as a hoax? Its pathetic. Why are people always fucking with us? Do they think because we're starved for info, that means we're stupid? This kind of shit has been happening for years, and it needs to stop.

WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2005, 09:49:15 PM »

I dont understand why people do this shit. Why add something to a legit article when you know someone will expose it as a hoax? Its pathetic. Why are people always fucking with us? Do they think because we're starved for info, that means we're stupid? This kind of shit has been happening for years, and it needs to stop.

haha it has worked before and it is amusing when people fall for it.  I have never done it personally, but when I see people get all revved up and then let down it is funny. 
Slipdisc
VIP

~Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur~

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2005, 10:02:15 PM »

Lol!? rofl

Ooh well, isn?t my first language anywayz... Roll Eyes? Good thing that all news on GNR rates pretty high on my build- in- BS-scale, no matter what. It?s what you get once you?ve been here long enough??

-PEACE-?

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2005, 10:57:28 PM »

haha it has worked before and it is amusing when people fall for it.  I have never done it personally, but when I see people get all revved up and then let down it is funny. 

glad you enjoyed yourself. Roll Eyes

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2005, 11:01:09 PM »

haha it has worked before and it is amusing when people fall for it.? I have never done it personally, but when I see people get all revved up and then let down it is funny.?

Wow you are such a winner, and you call yourself a gnr fan. Why are  you even here?

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2005, 12:05:10 AM »

I agree with Dave on his assessment of Mr. War41. Why would you think that kind of shit is funny? The hardcore fans have been waiting for 12 years, and periodically some morons throw around fake articles and fake rumors. Which gets people's hopes alive again, and then when its proven to be bullshit, the hope crashes. This kind of stuff is what makes the wait even more unbearable. Maybe this is one of the reasons that Axl rarely speaks. If he said something, a bunch of losers would start sending out false info. I'm sure when the CD announcement comes, there will be even more fake propaganda being spewed to keep people's hopes in the gutter. Its really sad. I dont understand the reasoning behind it, and I really dont understand how it could be considered funny.

WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2005, 01:16:38 AM »

I agree with Dave on his assessment of Mr. War41. Why would you think that kind of shit is funny? The hardcore fans have been waiting for 12 years, and periodically some morons throw around fake articles and fake rumors. Which gets people's hopes alive again, and then when its proven to be bullshit, the hope crashes. This kind of stuff is what makes the wait even more unbearable. Maybe this is one of the reasons that Axl rarely speaks. If he said something, a bunch of losers would start sending out false info. I'm sure when the CD announcement comes, there will be even more fake propaganda being spewed to keep people's hopes in the gutter. Its really sad. I dont understand the reasoning behind it, and I really dont understand how it could be considered funny.

look fellas, if you cant at least laugh at it then how do you deal with the situation?  People will continue to do it as long as the 'believers' get their hopes up everytime.  How can you not have learned by now?  If some one posts an article without a link or credible source why do you still believe it?  You are just plain gullible.  I amuse myself through other peoples' stupidity. 

And when Axl speaks it will be an official press release.  I am not understanding what you mean by 'false info'.  Rumors have flown around (remember Axl telling the fan the release date?  yeah I am sure that is real  Roll Eyes ) and yet people choose to believe them.  Only trust official sources and ask for links.  Being a GNR fan I don't understand how that is not obvious to you yet. 

You assume that I am not a hardcore fan.  I have been waiting like everyone else for this album.  I am not some fan who just got into the band last year.  I have been a fan since I first heard You Could Be Mine when I was 10 back in 91.

Dave, just because I laugh at fans who fall for fake news article and rumors circulated by Axl's childhood friend's sister's ex boyfriend's high school english teacher's chat room buddy from California does not mean I am any less of a fan of GNR.  I didnt know that you had to adore everything that has to do with GNR (fans included) to be a true fan of them.  Roll Eyes
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2005, 02:39:02 AM »

I think 99.9% of the rumors we've heard over the years is complete bullshit. Its just someone thinking up something to wreak havoc. For some reason, this seems to happen with GNR more than anyone else. Maybe because Axl(and us fans) are an easy target. A good example is the Zodiac rumor. This showed that the losers had taken their GNR game to a whole new level. The rumor started at some movie website, and through the story spreading, it wound up at the GNR forums. Of course it was false. They take an ounce of truth(GNR song Zodiac), and turn it into a mountain of lies. They do it so consistently, that the fanbase doesn't know fact from fiction because it has all blended together. You have the "losers" spewing their propaganda on one side, and on the other side you have those "in the know" spewing vague shit that never comes true. Sp1at is also a mouthpiece of this propaganda. The GNR fanbase has been bombarded by it for so long and so consistently, it is a main reason for the fracturing of the fanbase. Which could be what these people are trying to accomplish. They cant destroy Axl, so they reach for the next best thing: his fans.

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: