Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 11:36:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  chinesse democracy song
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: chinesse democracy song  (Read 8831 times)
Evolution
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2005, 02:42:35 PM »

I doubt Axl/Darkness had contact before The Darkness made it  hihi

But yes, i enjoy listening to this song, the solo fits the song just fine and the riff is catchy IMO
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2005, 02:59:54 PM »

not sure if you guys remember, but when the guy who taped the comeback vegas show was trying to sell it nobody believed him.  They all thought he was full of shit.  So he released two tracks to show that he was legit.  They were Welcome to the Jungle and Chinese Democracy. 

While I didn't think Chinese Democracy was ground breaking by any means, it was an alright song.  And myself and A LOT of others were thinking at the time, "Axl it has been taking almost a decade now to write songs like this shit!".  I remember people were very discouraged at the time.  As people heard the other songs I think it got better for them and for myself. 

All in all, the song is decent.  The music itself does not sound like your patented GNR, but with Axl's vocals behind it it makes it interesting. 
conny
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2005, 04:31:58 PM »

I like the song, but I don't like the live versions a lot. I think the studio version will sound a lot better.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2005, 05:31:27 PM »

I like the song, but I don't like the live versions a lot. I think the studio version will sound a lot better.
I think so too, especially after listening to the Boston promo. The begining riff sounds GREAT. i just hope the studio version will have a "conventional" guitar solo, and not a weirdo shredding/ultra futurist one. I hope we will have something more melodious. However, concerning the Live version,  I never listen to it when I watch/hear my new GN'R bootlegs. Sometimes I even don't download it.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
ckgent
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2005, 05:46:20 PM »

I think its agreat song, and the one i actually prefer more out of the songs i have seen live and heard.

Its raw, and kicks ass. I like madagascar, but its not got the balls of chinese. Chinese is earlier gn'r in my opinion. It would fit easily in the latter half of afd. Mady is of epic proportion, the road axl took elements os uyi, which in places is too much.

As for the darkness, dont insult music by mentioning those twats.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2005, 07:24:45 PM »

I hope they add back in those guitar riffs BH at the HOB show, for some reason in later shows it was either taken out or his mix was low. But that riff he does is awesome.

http://s38.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2IRGDQ4XV82U1386LC3JV35D3I

The times on the track are 1:33-1:55 before the solo and  2:24 to the end during the outtro.

I think that part of the song adds so much more to the song. I think its still there just soo buried in the mixing. I really hope its on the studio version, i love that part.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2005, 07:32:42 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2005, 07:39:35 PM »

I love this song. Blew me away the first time I heard it. It made me realize that even though Axl hibernated for almost a decade, he still had his talent. The lyrics are great. He talks about us, and the possibility of CD never being released. I've always been surprised that not many people ever picked up on that.

Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2005, 09:18:26 PM »

I'm not a fan of that song. I think it's pretty weak. It sounds like a bad Nirvana wanabee revival for me. I don't like the industrial texture either. and the guitar solo is really weirdo confused (anti-melodious, ultra futurist, really weirdo)
anythingoes, you should check "the blues" and "madagascar" they are way better. They sound more like the GN'R we all love.

Sounds like gnr to me (albeit an updated gnr, which IMHO sounds great). It's not really an industrial song, it has a tint of industrial but for the most part it is a straight ahead dirty sounding rocker.

yes

dirty  Grin

i love the classic rant like feel of the ending verse.
iloozion
Rocker

...we had the strength to choose...

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2005, 08:38:39 AM »

Mediocre. The riff sounds a little like the start to 'I believe in a thing called love' by the Darkness.

In reality, its probably another of Axl's experiments...and you can't blame him for that. But as 'experiments' go, I preferred OMG and Rhyiad

I agree, if this is a title track Axl needs to beef it up. I like some of the lyrics in the song.

The song CD was written before the darkness song? ok

How do you know? The Darkness released the song first on their EP (2002), however it could have been written way before this. And, officially, Axl hasn't released the song Chinese Democracy yet!

as Axl himself says: "nevermind The Darkness, we still can find a way"!!
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2005, 10:43:08 PM »

It's a fantastic, grungy rocker, better than anything in ages. It's loud, aggressive, and has some great lyrics. It'd be a perfect single (length, not too hard, etc.), but not a first single...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2005, 11:15:54 PM »

Here is a rare version  of CD from Japan.

http://s38.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=20X82BY87NW0P3B5MPR8YBXBFT

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2005, 02:09:38 PM »

I hope they add back in those guitar riffs BH at the HOB show, for some reason in later shows it was either taken out or his mix was low. But that riff he does is awesome.

The times on the track are 1:33-1:55 before the solo and 2:24 to the end during the outtro.

I think that part of the song adds so much more to the song. I think its still there just soo buried in the mixing. I really hope its on the studio version, i love that part.
I think it's not BH but just the keyboards (Chris or Dizzy).

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2005, 12:40:05 PM »

If I were him I'd open the album with Chinese Democracy that we've already heard as an introduction (/the exposition) of the album motif and finish it with Chinese Democracy two ie the latter part of the song radically converted from the first (as an conclusion).
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2005, 03:40:34 PM »

The times on the track are 1:33-1:55 before the solo and 2:24 to the end during the outtro.

I think it's not BH but just the keyboards (Chris or Dizzy).

It sounds like BHs playing to me tho.

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2005, 06:44:10 PM »

If I were him I'd open the album with Chinese Democracy that we've already heard as an introduction (/the exposition) of the album motif and finish it with Chinese Democracy two ie the latter part of the song radically converted from the first (as an conclusion).
Do you really want the album to bomb the charts? Huh
Bad idea. Try again? ok

I think the opening track will be a song we never heard of. I trust Axl and the band to put a killer opening track.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2005, 06:45:46 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
t800 series
Banned
Opening Act

GnrReincarnated.tk

« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2005, 11:03:44 PM »

i dont really like CD that much; Oh My God is a great song tho its not the same as CD and i really think the studio version wont sound as different as the live songs we;ve heard os chinese democracy but i guess it just aint my type of song i like.....and think a great single for the album would be IRS even though we havent heard a better version of it I KNOW its gonna be a great song? hihi.

WWW.Gnrreincarnated.tk
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2005, 02:41:34 AM »

I LOVE CHINESE DEMOCRACY!!!!!!!

Fuck off with the Nirvana shit peoples, not even the same chords Angry

Man, the best lyrics ever yes yes yes
Towards the end, it gives me the biggest hype man, the song has FULL power, what the hell r' ya's talkin' 'bout Undecided

Robins solo rips......the whole thing is awsome beer beer drool drool

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2005, 12:56:29 PM »

Do you really want the album to bomb the charts? Huh
Bad idea. Try again  ok

I think the opening track will be a song we never heard of. I trust Axl and the band to put a killer opening track.

You really are indifferent to the construction or the concept of songs/albums, not to mention that of other people's posts, aren't you?

I don't think the opening track should necessarily be one of the strongest. For instance, "the Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" starts with the rather modest title track that pilots the miscellaneous development of the album.

Likewise, Chinese Democracy is a song just right to introduce the following expansion of the album with. The one we hear is only less than 3mins long that exposes people to the subject of the album and kinda breaks off with imperfect cadence leaving the lingering overtones. It perfects the democracy if there is a song that responds to this title in the end. 

That's what I'd do if I were him (BTW nes, don't forget the absolute proposition obviously implied here), and wanted the album to be cosmic not chaotic, all over the place yet coherent and focused but also diverse.   If it's not a title just for the first album or if it's not of so eventful contents as expected, that's a horse of a different colour. And there can be always  better ideas.

Now, elaborate on your reasons for calling it a bad idea? What is the logic of assuming that the idea should distance the album from the charts? I think it would do quite the opposite, as a consequence.
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2005, 02:50:04 PM »

I think your idea is kickass ppbebe  ok

I like the intro/outro idea for a concept album...  cohesion at the ends... in the middle a lot of a little bit of everything all pointing to something universal/common

the choice of words for the title "chinese democracy" itself proposes a paradox -  therein lies the beauty.
"Wholeness is possible only via the coexistence of opposites" ~ Jung
misterbrownstone
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2005, 02:58:25 PM »

it's a very aggressive song.  i've you've heard the boston promo from 2001 or 2002, you heard the few seconds of that song at it sounds much better!  anyway, i like grunge, so that's another plus!

chinese democracy gets a ok

oh yea, i'm new here!  i'm also on CD.com as misterbrownstone, and thenewguns and gunsnrosesfans as deadhorse!

peace smoking
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: