Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 10:20:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228116 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  chinesse democracy song
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: chinesse democracy song  (Read 8875 times)
anythingoes
Headliner

fucker

« on: October 04, 2005, 11:34:50 AM »

do yo really like this song? this is probably the only song that we know appear in the new disc, if axl will release someday, but, do you really like it? do you think this song will be a single??   in my personal opinion i dont like it... n I dont think this is the more powerfull song... if axl wants show us the perfect album, whit this song... he will fail....but is my oppinion.... what do u think?

ps
sorry my english....

I used to love her but I have.....TEQUILA!!!!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 11:53:33 AM »

It's the first (new) GN'R song I heard and I liked it straight away.
Mind you I wasn't this big GN'R fan till then.
It was like 'love at first listen'. love
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2005, 12:00:49 PM »

I'm not a fan of that song. I think it's pretty weak. It sounds like a bad Nirvana wanabee revival for me. I don't like the industrial texture either. and the guitar solo is really weirdo confused (anti-melodious, ultra futurist, really weirdo)
anythingoes, you should check "the blues" and "madagascar" they are way better. They sound more like the GN'R we all love.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2005, 12:09:26 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
layne
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2005, 12:35:35 PM »

great song
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2005, 12:37:32 PM »

mmm honestly man, this is a cool song, its not the most powerful song as you said before, but its strong, it has feeling, but its simple... ?I learned to like it with time hope you learn too..

ps: I wouldn't like that the new Guns n Roses album ?has a song with the same name... but its axl decission, so what can we expect....

anyway it dont really matter.
anythingoes
Headliner

fucker

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2005, 12:43:08 PM »

I'm not a fan of that song. I think it's pretty weak. It sounds like a bad Nirvana wanabee revival for me. I don't like the industrial texture either. and the guitar solo is really weirdo confused (anti-melodious, ultra futurist, really weirdo)
anythingoes, you should check "the blues" and "madagascar" they are way better. They sound more like the GN'R we all love.

yeah, i really like the blues, in the matter of fact, for me is the better "new gnr" song, but ?i really hope the disc will come with more songs like the blues.. or madagascar... ?i don t like chinesse or rhiad or silkworms, isn't the gnr sound, and i think the whole disc will be like those song.... ?maybe im wrong...... maybe.

Morley
Opening Act

There's stories to be told...

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2005, 12:43:56 PM »

I guess you'll find out for yourself... ok

yeah, i really like the blues, in the matter of fact, for me is the better "new gnr" song, but? i really hope the disc will come with more songs like the blues.. or madagascar...? i don t like chinesse or rhiad or silkworms, isn't the gnr sound, and i think the whole disc will be like those song....? maybe im wrong...... maybe.

What are you talking about? It IS a GNR song, a great one, like YCBM also is. peace
« Last Edit: October 04, 2005, 12:48:57 PM by Morley » Logged

Here Today... I'm afraid... nervous
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2005, 12:44:23 PM »

I am sure the studio album will be much better and fuller.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Rockin' Rose
VIP

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2005, 12:54:40 PM »

yeah, i really like the blues, in the matter of fact, for me is the better "new gnr" song, but  i really hope the disc will come with more songs like the blues.. or madagascar...  i don t like chinesse or rhiad or silkworms, isn't the gnr sound, and i think the whole disc will be like those song....  maybe im wrong...... maybe.

What are you talking about? It IS a GNR song, a great one, like YCBM also is. peace

I think he meant it doesn't sound like GN'R not that it isn't a GN'R song

But yeah, I like it a lot, it's different

Na Naa Naa Naa Na Naa Naa...
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2005, 12:56:06 PM »

Chinese Democracy, yeah its a cool not as strong as the others but I dig it!

EEEERRRR Little boy
greekmule
Rocker

she's so beatifully broken...

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2005, 01:03:37 PM »

from what we have heard so far the blues and especially Maddy and IRS point to the right direction.That's the CD i wanna year:fast and heavy when it comes to hard rockers dark and trippy when it comes to slower more spaced out songs.No more piano ballads please the blues is just fine(ok  another one wouldn't really matter if its really worth it but no more).

just my 0.02

homo homini lupus...
anythingoes
Headliner

fucker

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2005, 01:05:57 PM »

yeah, i really like the blues, in the matter of fact, for me is the better "new gnr" song, but? i really hope the disc will come with more songs like the blues.. or madagascar...? i don t like chinesse or rhiad or silkworms, isn't the gnr sound, and i think the whole disc will be like those song....? maybe im wrong...... maybe.

I think he meant it doesn't sound like GN'R not that it isn't a GN'R song

But yeah, I like it a lot, it's different

yeah CD not sound like gnr... ?is too much diferent.... even the axl voice is tooo diferent!!!

Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2005, 01:10:04 PM »

Mediocre. The riff sounds a little like the start to 'I believe in a thing called love' by the Darkness.

In reality, its probably another of Axl's experiments...and you can't blame him for that. But as 'experiments' go, I preferred OMG and Rhyiad

I agree, if this is a title track Axl needs to beef it up. I like some of the lyrics in the song.

Here today...ready to rock
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2005, 01:15:35 PM »

I like it.  it has a great, simple hook that sticks in your head.  it's also pretty short which makes for great potential rotation on the radio.

Locomotive
Headliner

Anything goes

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2005, 01:42:53 PM »

I had to listen to it a few times before i really liked it...since it's not the same sound.
just bought hollywood rose cd, fucking greeat.

"You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." - Al Capone
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2005, 02:01:34 PM »

Mediocre. The riff sounds a little like the start to 'I believe in a thing called love' by the Darkness.

In reality, its probably another of Axl's experiments...and you can't blame him for that. But as 'experiments' go, I preferred OMG and Rhyiad

I agree, if this is a title track Axl needs to beef it up. I like some of the lyrics in the song.

The song CD was written before the darkness song  ok

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2005, 02:14:41 PM »

It's a great song! Great riff, bassline, vocals and lyrics  which totally fits in themeaticlly whith the rest of the new songs.

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2005, 02:27:42 PM »

Sounds like gnr to me (albeit an updated gnr, which IMHO sounds great). It's not really an industrial song, it has a tint of industrial but for the most part it is a straight ahead dirty sounding rocker.
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2005, 02:34:47 PM »

I like the song alot and the fact that some people here think its weak, well we haven't heard the studio version yet, I'm sure the song will have the strength to kick your stupid ass. Tongue

I have a Question for Dark, What leagal problems are out there that holding up Axl and Chinness Democracy besides the Duff and Slash case. 

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2005, 02:40:54 PM »

The song CD was written before the darkness song? ok

How do you know? The Darkness released the song first on their EP (2002), however it could have been written way before this. And, officially, Axl hasn't released the song Chinese Democracy yet!

Here today...ready to rock
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: