Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 04:19:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Spanish court sentences Imad Yarkas
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Spanish court sentences Imad Yarkas  (Read 22481 times)
POPmetal
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2005, 07:17:30 PM »

The least they could have done is given him the maximum 30 years.

Maybe the system hasn't been tried with this kind of cases before?

But I guess you're the expert on Spanish law.

One does not have to be and expert on Spanish law to see the injustice in this inappropriately lenient ruling.

This says it all right here! Never mind the fact that bin Laden considered Spain an Islamic apostate that should be re-conquered by Islam long before the war in Iraq started. No! It's Spain's initial support for the war in Iraq that caused the Madrid bombing Roll Eyes The fact that you would blame the war in Iraq for the 3/11 bombing tells me all I need to know about your view point.

Funny how you seem to claim the war and the Madrid bombings had nothing to do with each other. Is there proof that you're right? How about the first London bombings? I guess those weren't caused by the war either?

/jarmo

What do you have to say about all the al qaeda terrorists acts before the war in Iraq? Keep flaunting your blame America first mentality. Show your true colors.
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2005, 07:22:00 PM »

Popmetal...

See the reason I replied to this thread to begin with was so I wouldn't have to do it again. You again proved to have absolutely no idea of what you are talking about.

You started the thread by saying Spanish legal system spitted on the families of the 911 victims because Imad Yarkas didn't get a lifetime penalty. ?You made it sound like we had no respect for the victims who passed in NY and DC. And that's not true. You gotta see the big picture. We are doing as much as everybody else to stop terror, as a matter fact - as I mention ?earier - we've done way much more than anybody else. So that should give you an idea about how much we care about the issue. I know you are upset because Yarkas didn't get lifetime, but we have our law here and that's not going to change only because Americans will feel better if he got lifetime. I said, and I will do it again, 30 years is the most any criminal get in this country. If you don't like it, fine, start a thread about it. I'll make sure I start another one about how the US is the only "civilized" country where criminals get death penalties.

Saying Al-Qaida planned the attack in Spain because the terrorists find it adventageous is stupid. I mean, it's not like we train them here, did we? or wait a minute, you guys did. America trained the terrorists who killed 3,000 people so don't get me started on that.

For your information, Spain has lived with terrorism long before you were born. It may be something new to you, but the bloodbath created in this country directly by terrorism goes back to the late 60's early 70's. Our problem though has been domestic - with the execption of the Madrid bombings - and although France has helped us a lot to stop our share or terrorism, we still suffer from it, alone. Again, try to see the big picture.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2005, 07:23:59 PM by Ignatius » Logged
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2005, 07:28:38 PM »

Here the crime is not on the Bush Administration, the Spanish Judge, nor the Spanish prosecutors.? Here, the crime is on the Spanish legal system which seems to have too soft of sentencing for criminals.

I'm not gonna say that I'd disagree with you there, but then again, our system is not going to change because of this incident.

Like I said earlier, every system have flaws, even the American legal system, but that's not the subject right now, is it?
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2005, 07:34:27 PM »

you speak like 27 years is a couple of years...27 years is a hell of a long time...or are you envisaging that you will still be looking for terrorists and invading other countries 27 years from now?

Islamic terrorists see time differently than we do.  They view 27 years as a lot shorter time than we do.

And, yes, 27 years from now we will still be looking for terrorists and invading countries that harbor them.  At least I hope to god we are.  This "war on terror" is like dieting.  As soon as you let up, you will revert back to being fat. 

popmetal was only trying to state that he thinks a that this guy getting only 27 years is an injustice....and it is.  Hopefully he will be buttfucked in prison and then shanked. 
POPmetal
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2005, 07:38:43 PM »

Popmetal...

See the reason I replied to this thread to begin with was so I wouldn't have to do it again. You again proved to have absolutely no idea of what you are talking about.

You started the thread by saying Spanish legal system spitted on the families of the 911 victims because Imad Yarkas didn't get a lifetime penalty. ?You made it sound like we had no respect for the victims who passed in NY and DC. And that's not true. You gotta see the big picture. We are doing as much as everybody else to stop terror, as a matter fact - as I mention ?earier - we've done way much more than anybody else. So that should give you an idea about how much we care about the issue. I know you are upset because Yarkas didn't get lifetime, but we have our law here and that's not going to change only because Americans will feel better if he got lifetime. I said, and I will do it again, 30 years is the most any criminal get in this country. If you don't like it, fine, start a thread about it. I'll make sure I start another one about how the US is the only "civilized" country where criminals get death penalties.

And I'll say it again, the least you could have done was given the maximum in accordance with YOUR system so that it won't appear like a slap in the face to the victims' families. It wasn't me that made it sound like you have no respect for the victims. Your legal system did that by not giving him the 30 years it considers maximum.

As for the death penalty in the US, I'm against it and I agree with you one that.

And stop saying "you have no idea what you are talking about." It's sounds like a cheap excuse for not having real arguments against me.

Saying Al-Qaida planned the attack in Spain because the terrorists find it adventageous is stupid. I mean, it's not like we train them here, did we? or wait a minute, you guys did. America trained the terrorists who killed 3,000 people so don't get me started on that.

This is such a blatant and base Strawman Fallacy, I won't even say anything else.

For your information, Spain has lived with terrorism long before you were born. It may be something new to you, but the bloodbath created in this country directly by terrorism goes back to the late 60's early 70's. Our problem though has been domestic - with the execption of the Madrid bombings - and although France has helped us a lot to stop our share or terrorism, we still suffer from it, alone. Again, try to see the big picture.

I'm looking at teh big picture and it looks like you'll be living with terrorism for a long time to come with such a lenient legal system.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2005, 07:41:31 PM by popmetal » Logged
Surfrider
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2005, 07:40:43 PM »

Here the crime is not on the Bush Administration, the Spanish Judge, nor the Spanish prosecutors.? Here, the crime is on the Spanish legal system which seems to have too soft of sentencing for criminals.

I'm not gonna say that I'd disagree with you there, but then again, our system is not going to change because of this incident.

Like I said earlier, every system have flaws, even the American legal system, but that's not the subject right now, is it?
The American legal system definately has its flaws.  One prime example was the leniency tha child molesters were getting under the the laws of many states.  We are, however, attempting to change this.  Hopefully, Spain will do the same.  Sometimes it takes cases like this to illuminate flaws in the system.  I am sure Spain will fix it.
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2005, 08:00:14 PM »

I'm gonna tell you one more thing.

Think before you post next time. Don't get involved in discussions where you have no idea what you are talking about. You know nothing about Spain, so keep your opinions to the Bush threads where you seem to fit a little bit more...
POPmetal
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2005, 08:13:35 PM »

Think before you post next time. Don't get involved in discussions where you have no idea what you are talking about. You know nothing about Spain, so keep your opinions to the Bush threads where you seem to fit a little bit more...

Is that supposed to be a threat?? confused? ?rofl? And are you are intentionally trying to sound like a chauvinist who can't take criticism of his country?

If you know so much, surely you can come up with better than "you have no idea what you are talking about." Explain to me how it isn't a slap in the face of the 9/11 victims' families when an al qaeda cell leader linked to the planning of 9/11 is not given the 30 years your legal system deems maximum punishment?

Surfrider
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2005, 08:14:20 PM »

I agree that people should not comment on stuff they know nothing about; however, I see people do it everyday on this board about the United States. ?Everyone presumes to know so much about our country enough to ridicule it.
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2005, 08:18:55 PM »

you speak like 27 years is a couple of years...27 years is a hell of a long time...or are you envisaging that you will still be looking for terrorists and invading other countries 27 years from now?

Islamic terrorists see time differently than we do.? They view 27 years as a lot shorter time than we do.

And, yes, 27 years from now we will still be looking for terrorists and invading countries that harbor them.? At least I hope to god we are.? This "war on terror" is like dieting.? As soon as you let up, you will revert back to being fat.?

popmetal was only trying to state that he thinks a that this guy getting only 27 years is an injustice....and it is.? Hopefully he will be buttfucked in prison and then shanked.?

Popmetal...

And I'll say it again, the least you could have done was given the maximum in accordance with YOUR system so that it won't appear like a slap in the face to the victims' families. It wasn't me that made it sound like you have no respect for the victims. Your legal system did that by not giving him the 30 years it considers maximum.

As for the death penalty in the US, I'm against it and I agree with you one that.

And stop saying "you have no idea what you are talking about." It's sounds like a cheap excuse for not having real arguments against me.

This is such a blatant and base Strawman Fallacy, I won't even say anything else.

I'm looking at teh big picture and it looks like you'll be living with terrorism for a long time to come with such a lenient legal system.

I fuckin' love you guys.  It's good to know that we have some people with practical and realistic common sense.  I laughed out loud for two minutes after reading your reply charity case.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2005, 08:25:23 PM »

And, yes, 27 years from now we will still be looking for terrorists and invading countries that harbor them.  At least I hope to god we are.  This "war on terror" is like dieting.  As soon as you let up, you will revert back to being fat. 

Wow! Still using the "into the future" argument? I love it ! hihi

I guess Bush's war on terror won't be that successful after all eh? I mean, still invading countries after all those years......yikes!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2005, 08:27:02 PM »

so keep your opinions to the Bush threads where you seem to fit a little bit more...

I wouldn't go that far....
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2005, 09:20:26 PM »

The war in Iraq is not the reason why Al Qaida hates the west, it goes way beyond that. The shit started several decades ago and only in recent history has these fringe groups gained worldwide attention.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
SLCPUNK
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2005, 11:54:00 PM »

The war in Iraq is not the reason why Al Qaida hates the west, it goes way beyond that. The shit started several decades ago and only in recent history has these fringe groups gained worldwide attention.

Please don't say they hate us for our freedom.

Please spare us at least that line.....
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2005, 07:56:28 AM »

One does not have to be and expert on Spanish law to see the injustice in this inappropriately lenient ruling.

Well, maybe it would help if you understood how the Spanish system works?

What do you have to say about all the al qaeda terrorists acts before the war in Iraq? Keep flaunting your blame America first mentality. Show your true colors.

Well, as far as I remember they weren't attacking Madrid and London before the war.

If you know so much, surely you can come up with better than "you have no idea what you are talking about." Explain to me how it isn't a slap in the face of the 9/11 victims' families when an al qaeda cell leader linked to the planning of 9/11 is not given the 30 years your legal system deems maximum punishment?

Have you ever thought that maybe the maximum penalty is for other crimes and not for planning attacks? I know it makes no sense to you since you keep going on and on about spit, but I suspect the laws were written before international terrorism existed.

Sure, it would've been nice if he was sent away for life. But that seems impossible in a country where life sentences don't exist.

Oh, and since when are you the spokesperson for the victims' families?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2005, 03:11:56 PM »

Islamic terrorists see time differently than we do.  They view 27 years as a lot shorter time than we do.

the average age of a middle easterner/ north african is about 60, 15 years less than the western world average age...i love the way your clock works....can i have one lmfao

quite amusing since the fat ones are the countries that america are invading and not the ones with muscles...and is certainly a great analogy appropriate for bullies...which country is next? luxembourg?  hihi

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2005, 03:47:16 PM »

Islamic terrorists see time differently than we do.? They view 27 years as a lot shorter time than we do.

the average age of a middle easterner/ north african is about 60, 15 years less than the western world average age...i love the way your clock works....can i have one lmfao

And, yes, 27 years from now we will still be looking for terrorists and invading countries that harbor them.? At least I hope to god we are.? This "war on terror" is like dieting.? As soon as you let up, you will revert back to being fat.?

quite amusing since the fat ones are the countries that america are invading and not the ones with muscles...and is certainly a great analogy appropriate for bullies...which country is next? luxembourg?? hihi

I think you missed both points entirely.  The concept of time in the Islamic world is quite different from that of the fast food, got-to-have-it-now world of the US.  We basically kicked the terorists asses out of Afganistan after 911.  It was a one sided ass whippin if there ever was one.  What have they done to retaliate?....not much.  Is it because they are not capable anymore or because they are planning and waiting for the right opportunity?  See if they had a western mentality they would have tried to strike us by now to get back at the ass whipping they took in Afganistan.  Butg they don't think like that.  If they have to wait 10 - 20 years to exact revenge, then that works just fine for them.  See my point?

As for the dieting analogy, it is a perfect analogy for the war on terror.  I'm not sure how the concept of a war that will last for many decades is hard to grasp?  Look at the enemy.  He has no country and does not operate like an army.  we will be fighting terror organizations forever (yes slc, even if we have a liberal president).
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2005, 04:09:28 PM »

I think you missed both points entirely.  The concept of time in the Islamic world is quite different from that of the fast food, got-to-have-it-now world of the US.  We basically kicked the terorists asses out of Afganistan after 911.  It was a one sided ass whippin if there ever was one.  What have they done to retaliate?....not much.  Is it because they are not capable anymore or because they are planning and waiting for the right opportunity?  See if they had a western mentality they would have tried to strike us by now to get back at the ass whipping they took in Afganistan.  Butg they don't think like that.  If they have to wait 10 - 20 years to exact revenge, then that works just fine for them.  See my point?

As for the dieting analogy, it is a perfect analogy for the war on terror.  I'm not sure how the concept of a war that will last for many decades is hard to grasp?  Look at the enemy.  He has no country and does not operate like an army.  we will be fighting terror organizations forever (yes slc, even if we have a liberal president).

well sorry for missing the forst point but since it doesnt make much sense then i guess it doesnt matter too much...10-20 years to exact revenge...funny, isnt there plenty of fighting going in in iraq?...and there have still been many killed in afghanistan of recent times...i think this 10-20 years thing is all in your head and is certainly not present in reality

such a dramatic statement..."fighting terror organisations forever"...as if you are the only one who fights terrorist organisations and as if it is just a recent thing...and yes i do grasp your concept such as it is...this "war" is doomed to failure

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
POPmetal
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2005, 05:09:37 PM »

Well, maybe it would help if you understood how the Spanish system works?

What is it I don't understand about the Spanish justice system that precludes me from commenting on it? Please enlighten me ....

Well, as far as I remember they weren't attacking Madrid and London before the war.

And Europe did not reject a constitution before the war either Roll Eyes
What your trying to say does not follow. Islamic terrorists had declared war on the West long before the war in Iraq.

Have you ever thought that maybe the maximum penalty is for other crimes and not for planning attacks? I know it makes no sense to you since you keep going on and on about spit, but I suspect the laws were written before international terrorism existed.

Sure, it would've been nice if he was sent away for life. But that seems impossible in a country where life sentences don't exist.

Oh, and since when are you the spokesperson for the victims' families?

/jarmo

When did I say I was a spokesperson for the victims families? Will you stop with the cheap Strawman attacks? Just because I'm not a spokesperson for the victims does not mean I don't have the right to comment on this. Same thing goes for not being from Spain.

If the maximum penalty is reserved for other crimes, why did the prosecution, which DOES know about Spanish law, feel that it was justified to ask for much more than the maximum?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2005, 05:11:49 PM by popmetal » Logged
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2005, 05:19:26 PM »

I believe that when Al Qeada claimed responsibility for the Madrid and London bombing they said it was for their support on the war on terror and in Iraq. 

Look at the challenges these terrorists have had on the US law system so why wouldn't this be the same for other countries? 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: